The "World of Heroes" DC RPG Season III

“Ok, so I guess that throws plan A out the window. Anyway, I am not letting you go there. Even if I am there, I will not let you do this. We will get your dad, I promise. There has to be another way,” Selina said, now in her regular leather costume.

"No!!!" I look at her, "We can't take any chances...we have to do what he says. "We don't have much time, lets get going!"

"You're right, snookums, we better get going soon..." chuckled The Joker, "But there's always time for a little TLC..."

He pulled Harley Quinn in towards him, leaning in for a kiss. He was stopped by Gordon, who was tied to a chair in The Joker's office. He had let out a disgusted sigh.

"Oh, Jimbo, don't be jealous," he said mockingly, "Just because you're not getting any since I killed your wife..."

Gordon tried to lunge at The Joker, but he was tied to the chair. He pulled at his restraints, desperately trying to get to the demonic clown before him. The Joker subdued him with a backhand slap.

"Calm down, old man," he laughed, "You'll be seeing your daughter soon eonugh..."

"No!!!" I look at her, "We can't take any chances...we have to do what he says. "We don't have much time, lets get going!"

Selina looked at the red-head sitting next to her. Raising her hand, she slapped her across the face.

“Pull yourself together. You’re losing your grip,”

The black clad woman thought. Knowing the Joker, Jim Gordon might already be dead. I can’t this. This needs to end.

“Ok, we will go. Just promise me, you will follow me lead. I am not letting you get kidnapped,”

The car rocketed toward the amusement park.

IC:Babs Gordon

I glare at Selina, my fingers stroking the cheek her hand had just srtriked, "I am not following anyone's lead! If you want to help me, just take me there.If you are not then I don't need you to interfere!"

Slade had escaped the highly lit downtown area of Bludhaven. He was now in its darkest shadows. Slade could feel the fear in all the people below as he jumped from building to building.

“I can’t believe this kid isn’t chasing me,”
he thought to himself as he grabbed the edge of a bank roof.

He gathered himself and sat down on the ledge, looking down at the empty streets below. Slade took in a deep breath then quickly snapped back up to his feet.

He had to keep moving, every moment he stood still his brain was like a logjam with questions trying to piece together the last part of his life. He had no one. No where to turn with his questions or lost thoughts. Was he really never going to be able to figure out what had happened?

march-madness-the-field-of-64-20050325085229320.jpg

8:27 Thursday Paris
It has taken three weeks of persuading for “John” Valley to revise his role as the late Azrael. His mental stabilities seem normal however he seems deeply annoyed and frustrated at times. He claims its due to the light, and the noises. Could the Lazarus pit have caused these changes within his body? When regenerating the dead tissue, didn’t it alter it in some unnoticeable way?

Waiting now at the airport for John’s flight to Gotham, I have an apartment with a “view” One in which he can easily work out of. I will say that I will for the time miss my dearest Azrael. Time has a funny way of guiding people through things.

“You know, that constant pen scratching is annoying.” John said to Alex, the noise still bothered his ears.

“Your going to have a fun time in Gotham then, if its really that sensitive.” Alex said with a coy full smile.
“Then why the hell should I go?” John said standing up, pacing around the airport.
“I know you’ll remember in time John, itll come to you like nature I’m sure of it.”
“Yeah well forgive me for being resentful.”

-I fear that some memories were lost in the decomposition of his body, I know he hates me now, but I am sure he will realize what I have done for him soon. His plane has arrived. My, he’s left without saying goodbye.

I only hop that he will forgive me one day.

Alex of St. Dumas

John arrived in Gotham and took a cab to his new apartment. The drive quickly reminded him of past memories, the smells, the look of Gotham itself seemed to be there, locked away in his own mind. Somehow, the places registered as home to him, strange as that might sound coming from a dead man.

Once at the apartment he payed the cabbie with the money Alex gave him. At the thought of the her he sneered and shoved the wad of cash at the man. He didn’t care to get any of it back. Walking up to the door a voice to his said spoke.
“Um, are you a Mr. John Valley?” He turned around, it was the door keeper.
“Yes, why?”
“Oh, we’ve been expecting you, right this way please and I’ll show you up to your room. Do you have any baggage with you sir?” John realized that he didn’t carry anything with him, somehow it made him feel naked.
“No, I don’t. Show me the way.” The man bowed and took him to the elevator.
“We had your furniture moved in last week, I hope you find it to your liking. Um, I know it isn’t my business to pry, but by any chance are you in the communications field?” The man asked nervously, he knew better than to pry into the private lives of the people who lived there, but he was dying of curiousity.
“No, why?”
“Oh nothing, sure, curiosity killed the cat that’s all.” –and my job- he thought under his breath. John heard it and smirked.

The elevator dinged and he showed him the room and gave him the key.
“Now sir, if there is anything at all that you desire just ask and we will be more than happy to accommodate.”
“Thanks” John replied. “Oh, here” He handed him the rest of the bills in his pocket and hoped they would be enough to keep him happy. Apparently it was by the reaction on his face. He didn’t bother to check to see how much money Alex had even given him. For all he knew he just handed the man a small fortune.

John entered to find the ‘appartment’ really an eight room penthouse. Oak book shelves lines the walls except for one side which was covered by windows and dark red drapes.
“I see the Order spared no expense.” John muttered to himself. He gave himself a quick tour, everything was amazingly beautiful no matter how he looked at it. Finally in one room he saw why the doorman asked such and odd question. An old Hamm radio sat on a desk next to an ebony chest as big as he was, huge red stickers covering the seams. ‘Do not open’ was there warning. He already knew what was inside that, and didn’t feel like bothering with it yet.
Next to the Hamm radio was a small paper pad with letters down the page.
B:
O:
R:
N:

It took him a moment to realize what they were, he took the pin and filled in numbers, he honestly didn’t know he knew them, until they were written down. Strange how the body remembers things. He put in Batman’s frequency on the radio. It took him a second to figure out what to say.

“I know the intrusion detection will pick this up and record it. Your not going to believe who this is. Anyway, I wanted to inform you that Azrael is back in Gotham. I figure I would at least give you the heads up before starting out on my fun misadventures. I’m not looking for trouble from you. …If you need me I’ll be here.” John stared blankely at the wall for sometime, trying to find words to say. Realizing there were none, “….Azrael out.” He sat there for some time afterwards, before finally putting his head on the desk and falling asleep.

Being alive takes a lot out of you.

twylight said:
***Garth, you might want to come up here, Bart is grinning like a Braalian cat and Brainy has gone to check the time stream, so they must be close to something.***
Imra’s telepathic message echoed in Garth’s mind.
“Uh oh.”
“What’s the matter, Garth?” Ayla asked with a puzzled look on her face.
“Uh…nothing. Just don’t think the soup is agreeing with me”, he said while he clenched his stomach.
“See”, said Ayla in a smart-alecky tone as she wagged her finger at Garth, “I told you it was a bad soup.”
“Yeah, you’ll have to excuse me, Ayla”, said Garth as he pushed his chair away from the table and stood up.
“Remember to ask Brainy to help you with your arm”, Ayla said to Garth as he walked off.
“Will do.”
Garth didn’t like lying to Ayla like that, but he couldn’t tell her that Imra told him telepathically that it appears that Bart is preparing for his time jaunt. A trip that he was told he should not to make. If Ayla found out, she would have told Lyle, and that would have brought major problems down on Bart. Maybe even gotten Bart kicked out of Legion HQ. Garth didn’t know him that well, but he still didn’t want to see Bart punished for simply wanting to return to his friends and family in the past. After all, he’d be doing the same thing in Bart’s place.

Garth rounded a corner and nearly bumped into Jan Arrah, codenamed Element Lad. Like all Trommites, Jan had the natural ability to transmute the elements.
“Whoa! Sorry about that, Jan. Wasn’t paying attention.”
“It’s no problem, Garth.”
Jan Arrah was the sole survivor of the planet Trom, when the White Triangle Daxamites slaughtered the planets entire population. Jan was off world at the time of the attack and became the sole survivor of his race. Every now and then he would travel to his world and transmute the remains of his fallen people into crystal monuments to prepare them for the afterlife. He was probably headed there right now, Garth thought as he continued on.
Garth rounded another bend and passed by the door to Brainiac’s lab. As usual it was sealed and, most likely, locked.
Coming up to the door to Bart’s chamber, Garth could hear talking inside. Hitting the switch on the side, the door opened up and Garth entered the room.
In the room, Garth found an excited Bart trying to catch Imra up on what was going on. Behind them stood the time machine Bart was working on, and it looked like it was pretty much completed.
Hmm…well, this is going to be interesting, he thought to himself as he walked up to stand beside Imra and Bart.
“So”, he said as he looked from Imra to Bart with a smirk, “what’s going on now?”

Franklin Richards said:
OOC: Hmm...Normally I'd make a comment about how you bunnied me but that was pretty good and pretty much how I would have reacted anyway.:D I'll EDIT this post and type up a reponse as soon as I'm done reading the other posts to make sure I'm not stepping on anyone's feet.

IC:Flash III

S**T! WHAT THE HELL?! MY FRIGGIN EYES!!!

"AAAHHH!!!"

I fall to my knees on the cold, hard concrete holding my face in pain. My eyes, were JELLY! They were oozing as I tried to hold them in. Falling to my side and rolling on my back on the dirty pavement. Screaming, crying in sheer unimaginable pain. Oh god, the tears make it worse. They make it worse!

That's when it happened. My eyes started to feel funny. Like jello swishing around in it. I could hear it. And all of a sudden...I slowly get onto my knees. Eyelids still shut out of fear of my own eyes oozing out of their sockets...I keep my hands under my eyes...just in case...And I slowly open them...I move my hands around in front of them slowly...It can't be...No...This...This is impossible...

"...What?..."

It started out as a blur but slowly...slowly came into focus...And everything was crystal clear...I can see...But how?
That's when I heard a motorcycle come to a screeching halt and a dark caped figure comes running towards me.

"Flash! Has Diana been here?"

I glared at him as he frantically looked around for the witch.

"Never mind, stupid question. She's been infected with Joker gas, her Amazonian heritage must have affected her differently, she got his sence of humor. I need you to help me subdue her long enough so that I can get her an antidote."

"Oh...I'll subdue her alright."

When I got up, I saw her down the hall, dragging out the Mad Hatter. She is gonna pay...She. Is. Going. To pay.
I look around all the aftermath for the heaviest object possible. I first come accross a huge cement rock from the debree but I come accross something better...In...whoever that was's hastful chaos...she knocked over a steel girder.
Now I may not have super strength but I do know my physics.

"HEY! WONDER B**CH!"

She turns towards me and glares. Huge grin plastered on her face. Eyes open so wide, she doesn't even have eyelids anymore...I'll get her...She's fast...But she's not that fast.

I use all my strength to at least get the girder a little bit off the ground. Get any kind of upward momentum from it, no matter how tiny, and just exploit it by adding speed to it. After that it was sent flying into the air at shoulder level. It probably weighed 2 tons but it might as well have weighed 2 pounds. At this point everything is frozen to me. The birds are still, Batman is in mid run, my arm is behind this girder as I take one big step, put as much kinetic force into it, and launch it into her face! That thing was going damn near the speed of sound. It was like one big super-bullet aimed at her face.

It smacks into her head with a loud clank and sends her flying through Arkham's several walls and into the bay...I love my friends with all my heart...I really do...I would die for them...But the moment you do me serious harm...when you have enough force to kill me and damn near accomplish it...I cut you off...
I stand back straight...shaking...breathing ragged...grimace still on my face...and I sneak in a smirk...I slowly turn to Bats.

"...How's that for subduing her?"

"How's THAT for subduing her?"

I stood there, practically bug-eyed. Not as his abilties, dispite his strange power surges since Bart passed, I've known of what he can do; it was his ferocity, the fact that he did that to one of his own.

Note to self: Don't piss him off.

...Though with a vibrating bullet, one that could track his heat-signature (which would be easy to find, considering his vibrating)...

...Where the hell did that come from?

I shook the thought off. No time for that. I have to help Diana.

"Well, it probably worked," I drolled out, "I'll bring her to Leslie's, she has spare antidotes of Joker's poison.

"In the meantime, I need you to help me on something else. Look for the Gordon's. Joker is planning to kill both of them. Scan the entire area, and stop them before he gets to them.

"I'll handle Diana."

twylight said:
"That much should be obvious!"- he responded in an irritated tone. "I'm leaving while I can avoid violating our no killing code." He stopped beside her "There's very little we can do to stop this trip from happening. On top of everything else I have to do, now I have to nursemaid this little project. There are several preparations to take before a trip and one of them is checking the 'weather'."
He said as he left.

I'll be in the Temporal Lab making sure the Time Stream is safe for travel. I would appreciate it if Bart were to stay FAR AWAY FROM IT while I'm there.

Imra caught the last part through her mind. Invisible Kid had his hand’s full of the general trading of ‘power' maybe it was time to update Garth. Imra quickly sent a message as soon as she got the other.
***Garth, you might want to come up here, Bart is grinning like a Braalian cat and Brainy has gone to check the time stream, so they must be close to something.***

She turned to Bart, “What was that all about?”

OOC: Do they have cat's on Braal??
"What? Brainy's always like that. If he were a dwarf he'd be Grumpy. I think I'll start calling him Grumpy McGrumpalot. Where's he going? Be right back."

Bart zoomed out and followed Querl, just in time to get the heavy steel lab door slammed on his nose. "My dose! You bwoke my dose!!! THAT HURT!!!" He ran back to the other lab holding his bloody nose. "Adybody got a towel? Oh hi Garth. Sup? I thidk I'm almost ready. Braidy's jealous cuz I built it better thad he could. Listed, I kdow you guys dod't wadt me to do this, but I have too. I kdow you thidk it'll chadge history, but history's already chadgidg. I remember people beidg dead, add dow they ared't. I deed to go back, to see if my time, add my Kara are alright."

I drop out of the hyperspace wormhole in which I have been traveling in order to finally take the last wormhole to my destinaton. I take a moment to look at the universe around me. While the chaos caused by the countless living beings is invisible at this distance, I do see the natural progression of the universe towards the chaos of entropy.

I pause to think of how, if...no when...my plans come to fruition, even the universe will bow before my commands. And how order...MY order, will remain supreme.

I power up my ring, pulling a charge from what ambient energy I can, and open the wormhole to the planet I seek.

Sinestro.jpg

DarkKnightJRK said:
"Well, it probably worked," I drolled out, "I'll bring her to Leslie's, she has spare antidotes of Joker's poison.

"In the meantime, I need you to help me on something else. Look for the Gordon's. Joker is planning to kill both of them. Scan the entire area, and stop them before he gets to them.

"I'll handle Diana."
IC: Flash III

I calm down, straighten up properly, and start dusting myself from all that rolling in the ground I did. I was looking back and forth from him to the hole in the wall...Just don't feel right...Somehow I don't think that did it...Reluctantly I give Bats a nod and dart off to police station where Gordon should be at this time. I have no clue as to where they live so this is the next best place to look.

I walked into a very large room full of desks and ringing phones and men and women in navy, some in regular slacks and ties with their gun holsters under their pits. Most of them look up at me. Some just glance and get back to what they were doing before. You can tell that these guys have seen just about everything there is to see. I look around but no Gordon. That's when I see a woman on the far side of the room on a bench with a blanket wrapped around her talking to this fat cop who looks like he hasn't shaved or had a bath in 3 days. They look like they know a thing or two about what's going on around here.

I start walking towards them when this cop puts his hand on my shoulder.

"Hey, hey, hey. You're not allowed in here."

Skinny, toe-headed little creep. Probably like 6'5, probably weighs about as much as a broom.

"I don't have time for this."

"You're not allowed in here! Now turn around and hit the road!"

"Get out of my way. This is important!"

"You think you're the only one who has something 'important'? You think just because you dress up like--HEY!"

I don't have time for this so I just push him out of the way and head towards the two.

"What happened here?"

"Hey! Who let this guy in here?"

"I'm sorry sir, but he wouldn't take no for an answer."

"You're one of Gotham's finest and you can't even stop some costumed freak from entering our precinct? Your gun. Your badge. Now!"

"W-What?!"

"Hey, take it easy, alright fellah? No need to go around putting people out on the street. The last thing we need are more depressed, jobless, sexually starved psychotics on the street contemplating revenge. No offence to you guy."

"eh. :whimpers:"

"Now who are you and can you tell me where Commissioner Gordon is?"

"Detective Harvey Bullock. I wish I could tell you were Gordon is but we're as clueless as you are. We're busy doing a full search of the city as we speak."

"What happened?"

That's when the woman finally spoke. She was shaking. Eyes still baggy from all the tears. She was not wearing make-up. Her breathing was ragged and her eyes buggy. The poor girl was traumatized.

"J-J-J-J-Jok-k-k-ker."

"Excuse me?"

"She said Joker you dingbat! Now get lost! Us HONEST workers already have enough of a hard time without you freaks getting involved. Jeremy, show him the way out."

"I-I thought I was fired."

"You WANT to be fired?"

"N-N-No sir!"

"Then get this f*g out of my site in the next 10 seconds or you'll be back on the corner helping your brother in-law sell falaffel."

He takes me by the shoulder.

"You better come with me."

I shrug him off.

"Don't worry. I know the way out..."

I glare at Bullock who returns the favor while rolling his toothpick in his mouth and I dart out of there...He's got em...I'm too late...:sighs:What now?...Wait, they only said Gordon. Barbara might still be okay! There's still hope!

I dial her up on the commlink.

"Barb? Hello? Are you there? Barbara?"

Sparta* said:
"Thanks Hal" Rex said grabbing the cold Beer

"...Ol' Rufus?" He said with a grin "He's doing good...it's been a long time since i've seen him though...he's his own man nowadays...well.....you know what I mean" Rex said with a laugh

"Yeah, I know what you mean. It's the same with Kyle. Gotta let him be his own man. I don't know how he'd deal with me training him."

"What about you? Hows your life? Still saving the world everyday mr. hero man?" Rex paused for a moment "Of course you are...your the Green Lantern...and i'm just a big freak" He said with a sigh

"The term freak is relative. It really is. On Kilowog's home planet, I'd be a freak. We all need to find our niche, Rex."

"I always loved Adventure Hal...it was my one weakness...the one thing I could never say no too...but now I find my life to be a little short in the action department" Rex said looking at Hal sheepishly "I crave the feeling of danger and risk...thats why I want to fight crime with the Justice League...I want to have meaning"

"We don't fight crime in the Justice League. That's the stuff we fight on our own time. We fight Evil in the League, Rex. I mean, it's the closest to the fight between Good and Evil we can get to. It's a decision you'll have to make for yourself, whether you want to join the League. If so, you're one of us, a member of the family. But it comes with responsibilities."

*I look around and pay our bills.*

"Now how about a late night rendezvous with adrenaline?"

Phantasm said:
IC:Babs Gordon

I glare at Selina, my fingers stroking the cheek her hand had just srtriked, "I am not following anyone's lead! If you want to help me, just take me there.If you are not then I don't need you to interfere!"

Selina glared at Oracle.

“Fine, you know what, I don’t care, but I am going with you. I will not let you die,”

The Jaguar pulled up to an abandoned amusement park. Stepping out of the sleek black car, the woman opened the gate. No sign of Joker.

“Go in,”

I step out of Selina's car and close the door. Selina walks up to the rusted metal gate and opens it peering inside carefully. It looks as empty and deserted as ever. Joker doesn't seem to be around yet either...

"Go in."

I walk up to Selina and for a moment both of us stand there looking inside the park silently. "Stay here.DO NOT try to do something that may provoke him." I tell her, not tearing my eyes off the park. There still wasn't any sign of Dad or Joker...Did he expect me to enter it?

The metal gate creeks as I push it open further and step inside. I turn around to face Selina briefly, "He said that you were allowed to take Dad back home. Do that. I'm going in."

Before Selina can say anything else, I start walking off towards the park.

Bishop Cori said:
"What? Brainy's always like that. If he were a dwarf he'd be Grumpy. I think I'll start calling him Grumpy McGrumpalot. Where's he going? Be right back."

Bart zoomed out and followed Querl, just in time to get the heavy steel lab door slammed on his nose. "My dose! You bwoke my dose!!! THAT HURT!!!" He ran back to the other lab holding his bloody nose. "Adybody got a towel? Oh hi Garth. Sup? I thidk I'm almost ready. Braidy's jealous cuz I built it better thad he could. Listed, I kdow you guys dod't wadt me to do this, but I have too. I kdow you thidk it'll chadge history, but history's already chadgidg. I remember people beidg dead, add dow they ared't. I deed to go back, to see if my time, add my Kara are alright."
“Whoooaa…slow down, Bart. With that busted nose, I can barely understand what it is you’re trying to say. You should definitely get that think looked at by the way.”
Bart sighs in exasperation and restates what he just said.
“Okay, first off…I know how you feel, Bart. I know what it’s like to want to be reunited with those you care about”, Garth said as he glanced at Imra with an affectionate smile.
“Secondly…what’s this stuff about history already changing?” Garth asks with a truly mystified look.

OOC: Didn't really want to do too much, what with Twylight not being online until tomorrow. Since she's part of this convo too, we should probably wait until she gets her reply in as well before moving on.
That's just my two cents though, so, take it or leave it, it's up to you. :up:

Phantasm said:
I step out of Selina's car and close the door. Selina walks up to the rusted metal gate and opens it peering inside carefully. It looks as empty and deserted as ever. Joker doesn't seem to be around yet either...

"Go in."

I walk up to Selina and for a moment both of us stand there looking inside the park silently. "Stay here.DO NOT try to do something that may provoke him." I tell her, not tearing my eyes off the park. There still wasn't any sign of Dad or Joker...Did he expect me to enter it?

The metal gate creeks as I push it open further and step inside. I turn around to face Selina briefly, "He said that you were allowed to take Dad back home. Do that. I'm going in."

Before Selina can say anything else, I start walking off towards the park.

Catwoman watched as Barbara walked into the forbidding amusement park. Selina ignored what the red-head had said to her and leaped onto a nearby game booth, carefully stalking in the shadows. In the moonlight, the run down Ferris Wheel cast an X over the park. Selina coughed slightly into her hand and moved on.

A screeching laugh pierced the silence. He was here.

IC: Flash III

"Barbara?"

I hit the side of my head where the comm link is. Got nuthin. Why won't she pick up? I run down the list of other members I could contact when I come across one that...well...puzzled is an understatement.

"JLA: Active Member: Batgirl"

"...the hell?"

...No way...Last time I saw barb she had wheels for legs. Someone's messin with me. I call up the comm link to get some kind of clue as to what is going on around here.

"Who is this?"

Almost.... done....

There. Every single inch of Gotham scanned and absolutely no anti-matter. I'm beginning to think that there is no anti-matter, and I wouldn't put it past the clown to pull a prank like that, but still, I should go see what Bruce is up to.

"Attention,All Bat-Squad Members,JLA members.....ANYONE....This is Nightwing.Respond to this message ASAP.Over."

Dick. He sounded stressed, which, for a young man who was trained by the Batman, signaled something bad.

"Dick. Clark here. What's going on? Do you need assistance?"

The Joker was waiting inside the amusement park, standing next to Jim Gordon. When he saw Barbara entering the amusement park, we winked at Gordon, and let out a shriek of laughter.

"Babs! So nice to see you again!" he shouted, "And on your feet as well. I half expected Catwoman to wheel you in here. And speaking of the pussycat - you can come out now, I know you're here."

Still no sign of Catwoman. The Joker's grin faded slightly.

"Very well, pretend you're not here," he snapped, "As long as you stay out of my way. I've got Harley hiding somewhere wiht a good view, and she's armed with a sniper rifle. Anything goes wrong, and Jimbo gets a bullet in his head."

The Joker paused for another moment. Then he turned his attention to Barbara Gordon.

"Here's what's going to happen, Barbara," he continued, "I'm going to let your papa go. He walks away from me, you walk towards me. You two say nothing to each other. Then, daddy will walk out of the gates and meet up with Catwoman. We wait until they leave, then we make our grand exit. Are we clear, sunshine?"

My heart is pounding against my ribcage as my eyes dart from dad to the Joker. Dad's fine, he's alive. He is surprisingly silent .But its his bespectacled eyes that betray his obedient countenance. There's disbelief there at the prospect of what I'm about to do...I silently beg him with my gaze to not do anything rash...that I'll be fine...

Where is Selina?! She is supposed to be waiting at the gates and take Dad to safety! It is only after he's gone that I can do something other than look obediently at the grinning bastard's smug face...I take my eyes off the Joker's white face and look about...Where is Harley?!

Hoping against hope that Selina does not do something rash, I walk towards where Joker and Dad are standing, sheer loathing bubbling inside me at the sight of his ghost of a face twisted in an evil grin.

The Joker grinned knowingly as Barbara Gordon walked towards them.

"Off you go, daddy," chuckled The Joker mockingly, slapping Gordon on the ass to move him forward.

The Joker couldn't help but laugh as Gordon walked away from him, and Barbara walked towards him. It was like something out a spy movie. Gordon held his head down low, not even looking into Barbara's eyes, as they passed each other.

The Joker wondered what was going through Barbara's head. Did she think her father felt powerless, ashamed? Or maybe that's how she felt. Well, if she was feeling anything, he hoped it was fear. She better be scared...

Soon, The Joker found Barbara Gordon standing right in front of her.

"Glad you could make it," he cackled, linking arms with Barbara and turning her round.

They watched Jim Gordon walk out of the amusement park gates. The Joker leaned in towards Barbara, whispering in her ear.

"For your daddy's sake, your friend better be waiting out there for him..."

I walk into the main newsroom of the station and my desk flowers, "get well soon cards", and asorted gifts. Wonderful. I clear a space, sit down, and start going over newspapers, urban statistic charts, and anonimous reports that were sent in. There really isn't anything new.

A record twelve suicides in Hub City last night.

Four outbursts of random violence on the outskirts of town .

TV psychic admited to mental hospital.

S.A.T. scores are up.

Parasite goes on rampage in Metropolis.

Continued bomb threat in Gotham City.

Cadmus Labs receives major government contract.

Stage magician Zatanna Zatara has mental breakdown.

Increased rioting in Keystone and Central City in The Flash's absence.

Faith healer takes a shotgun to her congragation.

Housewife murders nine registered sex offenders.

Wait. There's something....

"Hey Vic! Good to see you out of the hospital. You had us worried there buddy."

"Huh..oh, hi Wesley. Thanks for the concern, but it wasn't as serious as it sounded."

"Wasn't as....you were in a coma for five days!"

"Hey. I'm a pretty tough guy."

"Yeah yeah. Say, watcha got there?"

"Oh, nothing. Just a story I'm working on. Speaking of which, I'm gonna be locking up tonight."

"Story's that big?"

"It might be Wesley."

"Well, another pulitzer couldn't hurt. Keep up the good work!"

"Will do Wesley!"

I trun back to the papers. There's something very wrong here.

"Will do."

"For your daddy's sake, your friend better be waiting out there for him...", Joker's breath tickles my ear as he whispers coldly. I pull my face as far away as possibly and remove my arm fiercly from his grip. His evil eyes pierce mine as I realize this is the first time I've been this close to him since that incident at dad's apartment years ago... His face is as grotesquely chalky as ever, his ruby red lips a stark contrast to the whiteness of his skin. His smile as haunting as I remember...

I stand up straighter and lock my eyes with his trying not to be intimidated by him. Even now he towers over me and the fact makes my mind flash back to the night when he stood over my naked and bleeding form on the floor, leering down at me as his camera snapped pictures, the flash of it blinding my streaming eyes...

The cold breeze strikes my face and I come out of my reverie,though still staring at his grinning face. I clench my sweaty fists, and decide it is best if we get straight to the point. Looking up coolly into his evil eyes I ask , "What do you want?"

SuperFerret said:
Almost.... done....

There. Every single inch of Gotham scanned and absolutely no anti-matter. I'm beginning to think that there is no anti-matter, and I wouldn't put it past the clown to pull a prank like that, but still, I should go see what Bruce is up to.

"Attention,All Bat-Squad Members,JLA members.....ANYONE....This is Nightwing.Respond to this message ASAP.Over."

Dick. He sounded stressed, which, for a young man who was trained by the Batman, signaled something bad.

"Dick. Clark here. What's going on? Do you need assistance?"

Nightwing smirked.

About time.....

He and Clark....Superman went way back.In fact,He was party the reason Dick took up the name "Nightwing".

"No,Im fine.I'd like to know what the hell's going on myself though.I got a distress call from Barbara back in BludHaven.........It sounded urgent.Your the first person I've been able to contact within the last hour.Where are you?"

Superman could leap tall buildings in a single bound,Outrace a train,catch a bullet with his palm,and Dick even heard rumors he could turn roatate the EARTH if he wanted to.....

Surely He had to know SOMETHING....

Dick continued racing along the streets of Gotham,hoping to get a response.

His muscles STILL ached from the fight with Croc,but He wasnt about to go back home and get some rest.........especially after THAT message.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"