The "World of Heroes" DC RPG Season VI Signup/OOC Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's even weirder that prior to my joining the RPG last second, there were only two PC Titans.

They materialized out of nothing! :wow:

What can I say? You seem to be the leader of what I've dubbed "The N00B Squad" You, Syn, BL, Catman, Sensei. Don't take offense by it. But, you puck up a Titan and the rest follow suit. Although, I had Syn convinced weeks before you put up an app.

What can I say? You seem to be the leader of what I've dubbed "The N00B Squad" You, Syn, BL, Catman, Sensei. Don't take offense by it. But, you puck up a Titan and the rest follow suit. Although, I had Syn convinced weeks before you put up an app.
That is true...I did con - I mean, convince :ninja: - my way into getting a Robin and a Cassie...

And I played a minor role in making Spike pick up Bizarro!

I may have a gift. Hopefully Sylar doesn't find me!

That is true...I did con - I mean, convince :ninja: - my way into getting a Robin and a Cassie...

And I played a minor role in making Spike pick up Bizarro!

I may have a gift. Hopefully Sylar doesn't find me!
Yes, Bizarro am not no effected by noone! Hello!

MB and I have decided. To make things easier, the Justice League will have been formed in the three months of off-screen time between seasons. They should, however, not have assembled together just yet, so we can at least have some posts that'll touch on the team coming together for the first time.

Oh and by the way....

DC RPG Season VI Application

Screen Name: Superferret

Character you would like to play (please include the color and font you plan on using to portray the character): J’onn J’onzz

Powers and Brief Origin (provide at least two sentences):
(from Wikipedia) In his debut story, J'onn J'onzz is accidentally teleported to Earth by scientist Dr. Erdel, who immediately has a heart attack and dies, leaving the Martian stranded. He is able to use his powers to disguise his appearance, adopting the identity of police detective John Jones.
He joins the police force, secretly using his powers to help the inhabitants of Earth. Later revisions of this story have him replacing a deceased police detective and locate these stories to the fictional city of Middleton, Colorado.
J'onn eventually reveals his existence to the world, after which he operates openly as a superhero and becomes a charter member of the Justice League. He abandons the detective John Jones identity when Jones is ostensibly killed in action.
As originally depicted, J'onn had the powers of intangibility, invisibility, telepathy and shape-shifting. As the years progressed he developed the powers of flight, "Martian vision" (heat vision or X-ray vision), super-strength, super-speed and super-stamina. His usual public appearance is as a tall, hairless, green-skinned humanoid with a pronounced brow. He is highly sensitive to fire, which weakens him and prevents him from being able to use his powers at all. In some stories his weakness to fire is portrayed as a physical weakness, and in others it is a psychological weakness.

Recently (in the RPG) J’onn had apparently found a new family, similar to the one he had on Mars, but attacks from a few surviving White Martians (all of whom J’onn subsequently killed) destroyed that family, leaving J’onn alone again.

Group your character is aligned with (if applicable): JLA

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar. One to explain what you plan to do with the character you've chosen. The other to explain why you've chosen this character. (i.e. What are your goals? Will you be doing anything different with the character than is usually seen?): I’m picking up J’onn to continue with the story I’ve been writing with him. I feel my portrayal of the Martian is a good one, and I enjoy playing the character.

Do you have an Instant Messenger? Which one, and what is your screen name?: MSN; [email protected]

If you know how to post pictures, please provide a picture of your character you wish to be used for the Character Roster (if you do not know how, or do not have a preference, please say so and a default picture shall be picked for you): The one I provided in the last OOC thread is fine.

Please provide a small sample post with original content in the style that you plan to write your character in (must be at least 3 paragraphs long and contain at least one line of dialogue):

MMLogo.jpg

MarsHome.jpg

I've been here for months, wandering the vast red graveyard that is Ma'aleca'andra alone. A thousand Martian years old I am, and my life has been nothing but a repeating cycle of pain in the recent orbits around the sun.

Once again, I found myself here, at the site where I buried my wife and daughter years ago. I've visited this place many times, and during each I feel such a great tightening in my soul. The weight of an undying sadness. It is not the only grief I carry.

Many times before I have attempted to reclaim some of the happiness I had felt as a husband and father. The latest was all too similar to my original plight, and as a result, I ran here.

To Mars. To Ma'aleca'andra. To the place of my birth.

My eyes wander off, to gaze at the blue orb that had once been my second home. I miss it greatly. I have family there, individuals that I care about deeply and who have adopted me as one of their own.

I realize now what a mistake I have made. I ran here to hide from my pain, when I could have... no.. when I should have sought the council of those who care for me.

I must bid farewell to my home, for I, J'onn J'onzz, the Manhunter from Mars, am going home.

Jonninspace.gif

MB and I have decided. To make things easier, the Justice League will have been formed in the three months of off-screen time between seasons. They should, however, not have assembled together just yet, so we can at least have some posts that'll touch on the team coming together for the first time.

Oh and by the way....

Screen Name: Superferret

Character you would like to play (please include the color and font you plan on using to portray the character): J’onn J’onzz

Powers and Brief Origin (provide at least two sentences):
(from Wikipedia) In his debut story, J'onn J'onzz is accidentally teleported to Earth by scientist Dr. Erdel, who immediately has a heart attack and dies, leaving the Martian stranded. He is able to use his powers to disguise his appearance, adopting the identity of police detective John Jones.
He joins the police force, secretly using his powers to help the inhabitants of Earth. Later revisions of this story have him replacing a deceased police detective and locate these stories to the fictional city of Middleton, Colorado.
J'onn eventually reveals his existence to the world, after which he operates openly as a superhero and becomes a charter member of the Justice League. He abandons the detective John Jones identity when Jones is ostensibly killed in action.
As originally depicted, J'onn had the powers of intangibility, invisibility, telepathy and shape-shifting. As the years progressed he developed the powers of flight, "Martian vision" (heat vision or X-ray vision), super-strength, super-speed and super-stamina. His usual public appearance is as a tall, hairless, green-skinned humanoid with a pronounced brow. He is highly sensitive to fire, which weakens him and prevents him from being able to use his powers at all. In some stories his weakness to fire is portrayed as a physical weakness, and in others it is a psychological weakness.

Recently (in the RPG) J’onn had apparently found a new family, similar to the one he had on Mars, but attacks from a few surviving White Martians (all of whom J’onn subsequently killed) destroyed that family, leaving J’onn alone again.

Group your character is aligned with (if applicable): JLA

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar. One to explain what you plan to do with the character you've chosen. The other to explain why you've chosen this character. (i.e. What are your goals? Will you be doing anything different with the character than is usually seen?): I’m picking up J’onn to continue with the story I’ve been writing with him. I feel my portrayal of the Martian is a good one, and I enjoy playing the character.

Do you have an Instant Messenger? Which one, and what is your screen name?: MSN; [email protected]

If you know how to post pictures, please provide a picture of your character you wish to be used for the Character Roster (if you do not know how, or do not have a preference, please say so and a default picture shall be picked for you): The one I provided in the last OOC thread is fine.

Please provide a small sample post with original content in the style that you plan to write your character in (must be at least 3 paragraphs long and contain at least one line of dialogue):

Approved.

So...the JLA is reformed...but we aren't going to be "together" yet?

Also, since you all know how I am going to have the Aquaman wedding take place inbetween the seasons, if you'd like to make some reference to it somehow, it would be appreciated. Kind of like how everyone was referring to Parasite killing Supes last season at the beginning since it was a big event that took place recently. This isn't a "big event" in that sense, but it is a hero's wedding and all.

Hope you understand what I meant. I suck at explaining things at times. :O

Screen Name: MaskedManJRK

Character you would like to play (please include the color and font you plan on using to portray the character): The Question

Powers and Brief Origin (provide at least two sentences): Charles Victor Szasz was left on the doorsteps of a church when he was just an infant. He defied the oppressive teachings the nuns gave him and left to become an investigative reporter. When he needed a disguise for his work, he used a strange material made by a scientist named Aristotle, and with the release of an adhesive gas, he becomes the vigilante known as The Question.

That's his first origin. His second is when he fell: he focused too much on fighting and less on discovering the truth, and was shot in the head. He regained his balance with the teachings of martial artist Richard Dragon and the mysterious assassin Lady Shiva. Now he's regained his balance, and is out to do his best to clean up his hometown of Hub City, while understanding the world around him and, most important of all, who he truly is.

Group your character is aligned with (if applicable): He's mostly a lone wolf, with his only real allies being Batman, Huntress, and Green Arrow.

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar. One to explain what you plan to do with the character you've chosen. The other to explain why you've chosen this character. (i.e. What are your goals? Will you be doing anything different with the character than is usually seen?): If Batman is my childhood hero, the epitome of who I wanted to be, then The Question is the adult equivalent, focused less on the fisticuffs and more on the philosophical. The Question is the thinking-man's superhero, and I want to bring him to the forefront for it.

Do you have an Instant Messenger? Which one, and what is your screen name?: You'd think you'd remember it from my other application, but okay:

AIM -- DarkKnightJRK
MSN -- [email protected]
Yahoo -- CapedCrusaderJRK

If you know how to post pictures, please provide a picture of your character you wish to be used for the Character Roster (if you do not know how, or do not have a preference, please say so and a default picture shall be picked for you):
Question_34.jpg

(Note: I still had an extra post left for my arc as The Question last season. So, this is going to be the final part to it, albiet very summed up. Charlie will explain what just happened in a moment...)

Hub City. My hometown. Most people would rather pull out their own teeth then mention it, but it's the truth, and self-deception isn't a good trait to me.

This here, is Hub City Hell--flesh-eating zombies are roaming the streets, and a huge creature that looks like a vagina if invented by H.P. Lovecraft has ripped through the city streets.

Why? No f**king idea, other then the unnamed man formally from Intergang, whom I have lovingly named Ass-Hole, wanted to release them. He killed a friend of my, Nora, by ripping her throat open and reading from some book called The Crime Bible to do so.

"You son of a b***h, tell me the spell to put it back, or I swear I will kill you." The Ass-Hole gives a reaction I didn't want to hear--he laughs.

"Are you kidding me? I'll never tell you, because you will never be able to figure it out yourself, and you won't kill me, because I'm the only one who can stop it. Your in-between a rock and a hard place, Charlie. You, and the world, are so incredibly f**ked it's not even funny. I am your new ruler!"

My muscular buttocks he is. Still, he is right--I don't know how to get it out of him. Then I remember--the power. I saw into Ted Kord, Blue Beetle, with it, and Myra, saw who they were. If I can do it randomly, I know I can do it under my own will.

I shut my eyes, I shut my ears, I shut off the whole world until there is only me. I breathe in. I breathe out. I imagine in my head this new power within me and I tap into it. I open my eyes, I look at Ass-Hole, and I SEE. I smirk under my mask, and I wonder and hope he can see it.

"The hell you are...Francis. Yep, I know you're real name, and I know you're a big momma's boy. You were the kid that would wear your mother's heels when she wasn't around. You have a huge superiority complex because you feel you have an extraordinary small package, you still can't grow a mustache, and you still occasionally wet the bed. I also know that the spell that can stop this is on the 13th page, between the spell to start the apocalypse and the spell to create in your foes a mountain of acne--I guess it goes alphabetically.

"Are you finished with your spiel, or can I just come over there and feed you to the zombies now?"

I see fear and embarrassment move through his face. I run towards him and grab him by his horrible ponytail (hate those hairstyles--then again, I used to have a mullet, so I shouldn't talk) and drag him to the edge by his collar.

"The woman you killed to bring all this destruction. Did you know her name?"

"No no I didn't--please don't let them eat me--"

"Her name was Nora Lace. Say it. Say it, and I might just snap your neck instead of letting the zombies eat you."

"Please don't don't--"

"NORA LACE! Say it!"

"Nora Lace Nora Lace oh God I said it please don't let me die--"

I grab him and push him over the ledge. He screams like a little girl and drops into a dumpster, causing the lid to fall. I grab a loose piece of brick and drop it on the the lid, causing it to stay closed. If the zombies get through, it's just his time to die.

I grab the Crime Bible from the ground, turn to the 13th page and read out the incantation. The zombies, in massive droves, drop to the floor. The monster's head explodes. There's peace in Hub City, finally, for the first time in perhaps ever.

The Bug lands on the roof and Ted and Myra come out. Both of them bear-hug me. Myra tells me that she's going to commend me for saving the city. Ted complains, saying he helped, too. I leave them to argue the semantics and I go to the ledge and look down.

I see the people get out of their holes and already, they're starting to clean up. All their differences, bigotries, indifference, tossed aside--they're all members of Hub City, they've faced an obstacle outside of themselves and they survived.

As with all unity after disasters, it'll soon crumble. The people will once again try to steal and kill from one another. I know it, but I still try to enjoy it, for what it is.

Hub City will be rebuilt, and hopefully, for the better.

:wow: How dare you! Oh well...at least i have recognition of my existence! *goes off to nurse hangover*

I'm torn between two characters...one for the JLA and one for a new (not original) idea for a group that I have.

The "N00b Squad"?
I am shocked and appalled, sir.

I can't believe I'm part of a squad!

Well, Spike, you play a villain and Bizzarro who I also don't think would know or care to make reference to the wedding. I appreciate what you said though.

Yes. They clean and cook.
And some other thing that starts with an f, but I stopped paying attention when it was being explained to me.

Just letting you guys know the progress of the roster is going very nicely.

One thing really shocked me, and that's the ratio from Heroes to Walking the Line characters to Villains. You ready for this? This ratio, as the roster, is composed of only people who have applied and have been approved. I know there are some people who haven't applied yet, but this ratio still stunned me.

17:1:5

Where are all our villains!? :(

Screen Name: MaskedManJRK

Character you would like to play (please include the color and font you plan on using to portray the character): The Question

Powers and Brief Origin (provide at least two sentences): Charles Victor Szasz was left on the doorsteps of a church when he was just an infant. He defied the oppressive teachings the nuns gave him and left to become an investigative reporter. When he needed a disguise for his work, he used a strange material made by a scientist named Aristotle, and with the release of an adhesive gas, he becomes the vigilante known as The Question.

That's his first origin. His second is when he fell: he focused too much on fighting and less on discovering the truth, and was shot in the head. He regained his balance with the teachings of martial artist Richard Dragon and the mysterious assassin Lady Shiva. Now he's regained his balance, and is out to do his best to clean up his hometown of Hub City, while understanding the world around him and, most important of all, who he truly is.

Group your character is aligned with (if applicable): He's mostly a lone wolf, with his only real allies being Batman, Huntress, and Green Arrow.

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar. One to explain what you plan to do with the character you've chosen. The other to explain why you've chosen this character. (i.e. What are your goals? Will you be doing anything different with the character than is usually seen?): If Batman is my childhood hero, the epitome of who I wanted to be, then The Question is the adult equivalent, focused less on the fisticuffs and more on the philosophical. The Question is the thinking-man's superhero, and I want to bring him to the forefront for it.

Do you have an Instant Messenger? Which one, and what is your screen name?: You'd think you'd remember it from my other application, but okay:

AIM -- DarkKnightJRK
MSN -- [email protected]
Yahoo -- CapedCrusaderJRK

If you know how to post pictures, please provide a picture of your character you wish to be used for the Character Roster (if you do not know how, or do not have a preference, please say so and a default picture shall be picked for you):
Question_34.jpg

(Note: I still had an extra post left for my arc as The Question last season. So, this is going to be the final part to it, albiet very summed up. Charlie will explain what just happened in a moment...)

Hub City. My hometown. Most people would rather pull out their own teeth then mention it, but it's the truth, and self-deception isn't a good trait to me.

This here, is Hub City Hell--flesh-eating zombies are roaming the streets, and a huge creature that looks like a vagina if invented by H.P. Lovecraft has ripped through the city streets.

Why? No f**king idea, other then the unnamed man formally from Intergang, whom I have lovingly named Ass-Hole, wanted to release them. He killed a friend of my, Nora, by ripping her throat open and reading from some book called The Crime Bible to do so.

"You son of a b***h, tell me the spell to put it back, or I swear I will kill you." The Ass-Hole gives a reaction I didn't want to hear--he laughs.

"Are you kidding me? I'll never tell you, because you will never be able to figure it out yourself, and you won't kill me, because I'm the only one who can stop it. Your in-between a rock and a hard place, Charlie. You, and the world, are so incredibly f**ked it's not even funny. I am your new ruler!"

My muscular buttocks he is. Still, he is right--I don't know how to get it out of him. Then I remember--the power. I saw into Ted Kord, Blue Beetle, with it, and Myra, saw who they were. If I can do it randomly, I know I can do it under my own will.

I shut my eyes, I shut my ears, I shut off the whole world until there is only me. I breathe in. I breathe out. I imagine in my head this new power within me and I tap into it. I open my eyes, I look at Ass-Hole, and I SEE. I smirk under my mask, and I wonder and hope he can see it.

"The hell you are...Francis. Yep, I know you're real name, and I know you're a big momma's boy. You were the kid that would wear your mother's heels when she wasn't around. You have a huge superiority complex because you feel you have an extraordinary small package, you still can't grow a mustache, and you still occasionally wet the bed. I also know that the spell that can stop this is on the 13th page, between the spell to start the apocalypse and the spell to create in your foes a mountain of acne--I guess it goes alphabetically.

"Are you finished with your spiel, or can I just come over there and feed you to the zombies now?"

I see fear and embarrassment move through his face. I run towards him and grab him by his horrible ponytail (hate those hairstyles--then again, I used to have a mullet, so I shouldn't talk) and drag him to the edge by his collar.

"The woman you killed to bring all this destruction. Did you know her name?"

"No no I didn't--please don't let them eat me--"

"Her name was Nora Lace. Say it. Say it, and I might just snap your neck instead of letting the zombies eat you."

"Please don't don't--"

"NORA LACE! Say it!"

"Nora Lace Nora Lace oh God I said it please don't let me die--"

I grab him and push him over the ledge. He screams like a little girl and drops into a dumpster, causing the lid to fall. I grab a loose piece of brick and drop it on the the lid, causing it to stay closed. If the zombies get through, it's just his time to die.

I grab the Crime Bible from the ground, turn to the 13th page and read out the incantation. The zombies, in massive droves, drop to the floor. The monster's head explodes. There's peace in Hub City, finally, for the first time in perhaps ever.

The Bug lands on the roof and Ted and Myra come out. Both of them bear-hug me. Myra tells me that she's going to commend me for saving the city. Ted complains, saying he helped, too. I leave them to argue the semantics and I go to the ledge and look down.

I see the people get out of their holes and already, they're starting to clean up. All their differences, bigotries, indifference, tossed aside--they're all members of Hub City, they've faced an obstacle outside of themselves and they survived.

As with all unity after disasters, it'll soon crumble. The people will once again try to steal and kill from one another. I know it, but I still try to enjoy it, for what it is.

Hub City will be rebuilt, and hopefully, for the better.

:up: You're approved, you Rorschach wannabe....or is it the other way around?

Just letting you guys know the progress of the roster is going very nicely.

One thing really shocked me, and that's the ratio from Heroes to Walking the Line characters to Villains. You ready for this? This ratio, as the roster, is composed of only people who have applied and have been approved. I know there are some people who haven't applied yet, but this ratio still stunned me.

17:1:5

Where are all our villains!? :(

Yes. We need more evil bastards out there. I know they're a few yet to put up apps, but still I think at most we're looking at 10 PC'd villians if everyone from last season signs up.

If all goes well with Zatara, I'll definitely pick up a villain.

DC RPG Season VI application
Screen name:
Harlekin
Character: Captain Nazi
Powers and origin: Superhuman strength, speed and stamina, invulnerability, flight, enhanced senses. Captain Nazi has numerous origins, but the latest calls him the personification of National Socialism. I'll be presenting his complete origin in season six.
Alignment: Fourth Reich

Explain what you plan to do with the character you've chosen:
- Kill people.
- Wreak havoc.
- Delve into Captain Nazi's origin and place in the current era.
Explain why you've chosen this character:
- Nazis are the perfect bad guys.
- Anyone can and usually wants to fight Nazis.

Do you have an Instant Messenger?
MSN. Contact me via PM for it, or ask the ones that know it.

Picture: Use the default one you already have.
Sample post:
The children scream.

The sounds and smells of death all around me delight me. It brings me back to the camps, and the next person's heart I rip out, I do it with just a little more feeling. These people are the filth of the earth and they need to be exterminated, like cockroaches. Good for nothing except to carry diseases, to procreate and ultimately to survive.

They will not survive this day.

White Dragon's inventiveness today has been inspiring. Rather than letting the blood run freely from the mangled corpses he leaves behind, he has had the children lap it up like the dogs they are. To think he was simply Jack Karkas when I approached him and his fellows months earlier. A spineless coward that held a dream he could not even begin to fathom, but he understands now, the glory that will come from the Fourth Reich.

Still, he does not compare to the new Baroness Blitzkrieg. Truly, she is a woman one could marry were she not of such a weak gender. Severing the heads from the men at superspeed, she presents them to the women on a silver platter. Most of the women die from the shock alone, and as I pass them, I spit upon their bodies. Young Janie could never have aspired to such heights, but as Baroness Blitzkrieg, she has truly grown.

"Proud of the kids, Kapitan?", a voice asks me from behind me. I recognize it immediately. Floating on his little platform, he looks out over the battlefield with a smile upon his face. I do not respond, knowing that Per Degaton currently appears only to me. He takes my silence for what it is, and smiles again as he leaves. "Thought so."

I make my final walk through the battlefield, when I suddenly hear the crying of a small child. Following its sound, I come across a girl, not older than the age of nine, desperately cradling the bodies of her parents. Swastika appears besides me, carrying two bodies he has turned into statues. "May I?" he asks and I give him an approving nod. The sound of the girl's body being crushed under the weight of her family is as Wagner to me. The brutal snapping of her bones that accompanies it fills me with a youthful excitement. Looking back to Swastika, I see not only the gawky Arnold he was before, but also a reflection of myself in my youth, after I had been bestowed these powers.

Finally, there is Reichsmark, the one I have left in charge of the branding. They will know who did this to them, this will be the message to the world. We are coming, and we will stop at nothing to re-establish the greatest empire that has ever graced the earth, and then, we will call upon him. The greatest man to ever walk the earth shall make his reappearance, to lead this world into a new Golden Age.

Until that moment, we will do our work.

Let work be our freedom.

captainnaziandthefourthyp9.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member