The "World of Heroes" DC RPG Season VII Signup/OOC Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
And now for a shocker...

Screen Name: Watchman

Character you would like to play (please include the color and font you plan on using to portray the character): Batman

Powers and Brief Origin (provide at least two sentences) If you copy/paste this information from another website, link back to it, or it is considered plagiarism and is not allowed. :
Batman has trained his body and mind to peak human. He is a master of numerous hand to hand and weapon combat styles. Also, he has access to a number of gadgets.

If you don't know Batman's origin, never ever come back to this site but I'll tell you anyway.When Batman was a child he witness both of his parents gunned down in front of him. After that day he had made a vow that would begin a crusade to bring down what took his parents away. Thought dead by the world the Batman is back but there is something very wrong with him.

Group your character is aligned with (if applicable):
JLA, Outsiders, The Dynamic Duo, Justice League International, The World's Finest, Bat-Family

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar. One to explain what you plan to do with the character you've chosen. The other to explain why you've chosen this character. (i.e. What are your goals? Will you be doing anything different with the character than is usually seen?):
It's all part of the plan :hoboj:. Really, though it is a chance to play Batman, sort of. There is a big mystery of what the hell is going on in Gotham. This Batman is going to be very different than the other something a lot more sinister but I'm not going to spoil anything.

Do you have an Instant Messenger? Which one, and what is your screen name?:
KidEternity8-AIM, [email protected]

If you know how to post pictures, please provide a picture of your character you wish to be used for the Character Roster (if you do not know how, or do not have a preference, please say so and a default picture shall be picked for you):

Batman-The-Black-Glove.jpg

Please provide a small sample post with original content in the style that you plan to write your character in (must be at least 3 paragraphs long and contain at least one line of dialogue):

"Gotham is my new playground! Right Spider?" Two men stand near a trunk of a parked car. The rest of the parking garage is emptied. One is wearing a dark blue suit. What is weird about him is that he has a big blue bird. The man next to him, Spider, looks like Dustin Hoffman from Midnight Cowboy.

"Yeah sure boss." He snorts something up his nose which causes his boss to smack the back of his head.

"Stop using the product." Spider grunts and cowers as another car pulls up. This time five men get out of the car. Four armed with sub machine guns.

"So? Blue Beard was it? What you got?" After Batman died it seemed like every Tim, Dick, and Jason wanted a piece of the Gotham crime game. Some even dressed in stupid costumes tried to pass themselves off as a supervillain.

"Right off the boat from Columbia. I bet you won't find a better product in the city."

"Alright, I'll take it"

"You got the money?"

"No, I don't think you understand. I am going to take it." Spider and Blue Beard pull out guns pointing it at the buyer.

"I don't think so, amigo." A shot rings out. Spider falls to the ground dead, a bullet in the head. None of the men have fired a shot. A figure in black drops from nowhere. Two handguns appear from beneath his cape.

"It can't be!" One of the armed men shouts. He is the first one dropped. The three other armed men are dropped in seconds, none are able to fire a bullet. The boss tries to take a swing at the caped man. He is easily block. The mystery man grabs the man's head and twists. A snap echos through the parking garage. Only Blue Beard is standing. He tries to fire but his entire hand is blasted off.

"Please...don't kill me." He is on his knees holding the stump of a hand.

"From this position I can kill you in over a hundred different ways but I'm not going to use any of them."

"Thank god. No more crime I sure. From this point on the straight and narr...hurrak." A rope is pulled over his neck. The Batman begins to drag Blue to the edge.

"Wait a minute I thought you said aren't going to kill me."

"Never said that." He sits him on the edge.

"I need you to send a message for me."

"Anything! Just...please."

"You are going to tell them, this is my city and I'm going to wipe out each one of them." He sticks a knife into Blue Beard. Which causes him to fall. On the end of the knife is a piece of cloth with the symbol of the Bat.

Last edited:
Batman finally gives into guns.

"Holy ****! This is a lot easier than getting punch in the face by Killer Croc."

Expect certain things from me sometime.

...clearly this is more of what you Gothamites wouldn't reveal to me in the ITPS interviews I've had with some of you. Assuming it is all "part of the plan"...everyone previous to this post is approved.

DC RPG Season VII Application
Screen name:
Harlekin
Character: Lex Luthor, Bold, Purple

Powers and brief origin: Lex Luthor is many things: businessman, former president and supervillain. While he possesses no powers, his intellect is well beyond the average human. He's specialized in multiple areas of science, including chemistry, physics and technological applications. On occassion, he'll use a self-created armour, which holds a variety of uses, not limited to energy blasts and flight.

Group your character is aligned with (if applicable): Believed dead, Lex is publicly unaffiliated with any group, business or person. In the past, Lex has lead various supervillain teams and was a member of the sixth season Dark Alliance. However, right now, he's on his own.

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar: Everyone believes Lex Luthor to be dead and a hero; how could you not do something great with that? And why Lex? Why not? He's the original supervillain. The big daddy of crime.

Do you have an Instant Messenger? Which one, and what is your screen name?: That be none o' ya business. PM me for Messenger details or ask someone else.

Roster picture:
luthors71dh5.jpg

Sample post:
"Serves you right, you rotten bastard!" the bum shouted, flinging his half-filled whiskey bottle against the two gravestones. It broke against the heavy granite, its contents spilling over the stone and the grave. The beggar wanted to rave and rant some more, but instead he fell to his knees, crying, his fists balled.

"Oh God, what did I do?" he cried, looking at the two stones.
Suddenly, irrationally, his mood shifted. "You ruined me! You!" he accused, finger outstretched to both stones. He put his arms around his chest, rocking back and forth, tears streaming down his face.
"Conscience finally coming back to haunt you, Harper?" a sudden voice said. The bum turned to look towards the trees behind him. From the darkness emerged a hooded figure clad in a trenchcoat. Through the tears he could make out the purple and green colours of the suit that the man wore underneath.
"Didn't I treat you well? Give you back your shop?"

The man pointed to the left stone.

"I believe that's more than my father ever did for you, wasn't it?"
"You're..." the bum stuttered, "you're dead!"

A smile appeared on the stranger's face.

"Oh God, oh God!" the man proceeded to cry.
The stranger tipped his hat to the bum.

"I'll see you next year, Harper."

As the man left, the bum returned his gaze towards the two gravestones.

LIONEL LUTHOR
Loving Father

LILLIAN LUTHOR
Loving Mother

Viola!

DC RPG Season VI Application

Screen Name: Blacklight

Character you would like to play (please include the color and font you plan on using to portray the character): Jaime Reyes, the Blue Beetle.

Powers and Brief Origin (provide at least two sentences):

Origin:
Jaime Reyes was a relatively normal high school student from El Paso, Texas. His father ran a garage, his mother was a paramedic, and his little sister was a brat. Jaime hung out with his two best friends Brenda and Paco, the mediator between the hard-working Brenda and the laid-back Paco. By both Brenda and Paco's accounts, he was a good friend, the kind of person who could let them be themselves, and who could always make things better. Jaime aimed to help his father out at the garage, but Ernesto turned him down, not wanting to see his son grow up too fast. His life was normal until the Blue Beetle Scarab crashed before him and fused to his body...

Powers: Basically the suit has super-durability, super strength, can expell electricity and energy blasts, can see extra-dimensional objects, and can form different weapons and wings.

Group your character is aligned with (if applicable): Currently alone. In the comics, he was with the Posse in El Paso, has worked with Batman, Booster Gold, Superman and Traci Thirteen, and just recently joined the Teen Titans.

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar. One to explain what you plan to do with the character you've chosen. The other to explain why you've chosen this character. (i.e. What are your goals? Will you be doing anything different with the character than is usually seen?): First I want to do his origin and get him the scarab. Then I want to do some stories, including some I made up, and interact and have Jaime eventually uncover what the scarab really is.

Do you have an Instant Messenger? Which one, and what is your screen name?: no.

If you know how to post pictures, please provide a picture of your character you wish to be used for the Character Roster (if you do not know how, or do not have a preference, please say so and a default picture shall be picked for you):

290882-38785-blue-beetle_super.jpg

Please provide a small sample post with original content in the style that you plan to write your character in (must be at least 3 paragraphs long and contain at least one line of dialogue):

Three days later...

After what happened on Mt. Franklin, I decided it might be best for me to come home and spend time with the people I care about the most: my family and friends. Because if it wasn't for Ted's sacrifice, I wouldn't have been able to live to see Milagro, Brenda, Paco and my parents another day. And for that, I deeply thank him. I will keep the promise I made to him. I will keep the Blue Beetle legacy alive and well. I owe him that...

But for now, I'm just going to try and get a great night's sleep. After all, I have to go back to school tomorrow...

"Ah....peace at last..."

"Not for long..."

"AAAHHHH!!! Who are you!?!" I woke up screaming at the sight of the cape and cowl clad man. Come to think of it, is he dressed up like a..........bat!?!

batmanfuture.bmp

"Who I am is not important right now..."

"He's right."

"Who are you!?!" I yelled as another man, dressed in gold and blue, came from another corner of my room.

boosterfuture.bmp

"We have no time for introductions right now. We need you to come with us. You're the only one who can help..."

"Time is of the esscence."

"Wait, wait, wait, Hold up! I think you got the wrong kid here!!"

"You are Jaime Reyes, are you not?"

"Y-yes..." I stuttered.

"Then we don't have the wrong person..." the masked man answered coldly.

"We don't have much more time to waste. We'll explain everything later, but for right now, we need you to come with us, Jaime. The world is depending on you."

"Go with you where!? You haven't even told me where you want me to go!"

"The future, Jaime..." he answered as a glowing vortex then appeared behind him. It looked like a portal of some sort...

I just sat there in my bed to think about this. The future? Are they serious? Are they really from the future? Are they superheroes? Or are they the bad guys? Is this all a trap? Or am I their only hope to save the future?

I guess there's only one way to find out...

"Well, whatever it is you need me to do, I need to be back by 6 in the morning. I have school tomorrow..."

"Trust me, kid. School is the least of your problems..."

"So does that mean you're with us?"

I got up out of my bed and then I summoned the scarab's armor and let it cover my body.

"You bet."

"Good. Now let's go before it's too late..."

Then the three of us entered the portal, and before I knew it, we were all traveling through time itself to reach our destination: 15 years from now...

And little did I know, this was the first of many adventures to come...

My name is Jaime Reyes, but pretty soon, you'll come to know me as.....the Blue Beetle.

Screen Name: Blacklight

Character you would like to play (please include the color and font you plan on using to portray the character): The one and only, Booster Gold

Powers and Brief Origin (provide at least two sentences): A ex-football star turned security guard from the distant future, Micheal Jon Carter wanted to become a superhero for the glory and fame, and through stealing some super-powered items and being pals (well sort of...) with a museum-bot named Skeets, he traveled to our time to fight crime and parade around pi**ing off nearly half the Justice League at the same time as Booster Gold.

Group your character is aligned with (if applicable): The Justice League.

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar. One to explain what you plan to do with the character you've chosen. The other to explain why you've chosen this character.: First off, I plan to take a little less (but only a little less :cwink:) of a comedic approach to Booster, although there will be some comedy, and I plan to fully integrate Booster into the new Justice League as twy has already started to do in a small number of her posts, and FINALLY take part in the fight against the Dark Alliance, which I can't do to a full extent as my other character, Jaime Reyes. I chose Booster because not only is he one of my favorite DC Heroes among Jaime, Kyle Rayner, Flash, and Big Blue himself, but also a character I think I can play very well.

Do you have an Instant Messenger? Which one, and what is your screen name?: I do, but I don't want to get into details about it until the time comes when I'll need it.:yay:

114387-91372-booster-gold_super.jpg

(OOC: This sample is not in continuity, and this is the sample I used on my original application)

Adjacent from a bank currently being robbed by an unknown assailant in Metropolis stood the awesomeness that is myself. Booster Gold. Next to me was my robot sidekick, Skeets. My best friend was Ted Kord, the Blue Beetle. Who of which, for the record, is awesome, but not as awesome as me, or Superman, or Batman for that matter. Of course I'm more awesome that the both of them, but Batman may just be as awesome as me, but all of us are more awesome than the Martian Manhunter (boy is that guy a square...). So if I understand myself correctly, the awesomeness line is as follows:

Martian Manhunter < Everyone else < Ted < Superman < Batman &#8804; Me.

Of course, no matter how awesome I am, there's always crime in this world, but I always find a way to face it.

The thug then emerged with duffles filled with cash, but I faced him poise, and I looked at him with a smirk on my face.

"Stop right there, before you face the awesome might of BOOS--"

"Hey! You're Booster Gold!" the villain noticed.

"Uhhh....Yeah.... I was just about to say that..." I said confused.

"I saw you on that commercial yesterday! That one for those sneakers!"

Sneakers? Man... With so many deals I got going on right now, he could be talking about a number of different shoes that sponsor me.

"Can I take a picture of you?"

"Uhhh...okay."

This may be a strange thing to do, but I might as well let him have a picture of me for him to have when I take him to prison. After all, a fan's a fan.

He pulled out his camera and tried to take a picture, but he stopped for a moment.

"Could you...sorta, scoot back a little, so I can take a good shot?"

I then took a few steps back, and looked at the guy.

"Is this good?"

"Farther..."

"Uhh, sir?"

I took another few steps.

"Now?"

"A little more..."

"Sir..."

I then took another couple steps back.

"Is this good?" I asked, striking a pose for the picture.

"Perfect!"

"SIR!"

"What, Skeets!?!" I asked irritated.

Skeets then motioned over to the side where I saw a car speeding towards me.

"SUCKER!" The robber yelled out as he ran.

"Not again..."

CRASH!!!

* * *​

New Troy Hospital, A few hours later...

I woke up in a hospital bed, again, with Skeets, Ted and a doctor standing over me, the doctor looking dissappointed.

"What was it this time, Mike?"

"A car..."

"That's the third car this week, Mike..."

"I know, I know...."

The doctor sighed and walked away, and Ted grabbed my aching shoulder.

"Don't worry, Mike. You can sleep over at my house tonight. I'll bring J'onn's Oreos."

"Thanks, Ted."

Hi. I'm Booster Gold, and I kick a**.

DC RPG Season V Application

Screen Name: Syn (Mercenary)

Character you would like to play: Rose Wilson, AKA Ravager.

Powers: precognitive ability to see into the future; possessing chemically augmented strength, speed, stamina, agility and intelligence. Excellent hand-to-hand combatant skilled in martial arts and swordsmanship.

Group your character is aligned with (if applicable): Teen Titans.

Three reasons why you have chosen that character:

1) Her character has become very interesting over the Teen Titans series.

2) I love D-stroke. So his daughter will be just as fun.

3) Cat fights with Cassie and seducing Robin. :cwink:

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar explaining what you plan to do with the character you've chosen (i.e. What are your goals? Will you be doing anything different with the character than is usually seen?): My goals are to bring depth to the character. I want to show her struggle from being always recognized as the daughter of a killer, and trying to break free and become her own person.

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG: As many as I need to.

Color and font you plan on using for your characters speech (Might not be applicable but it makes the roster pretty): Orange Lucida Sans Unicode.

Do you have an Instant Messenger? Which one, and what is your screen name? Yes. You know.

How did you find out about this game, Recruitment thread/word of post/seeing the RPG OOC/IC thread? Byrd.

"Hey," Rose tells him, her tone seductive. She puts her finger to his lips and smiles suggestively. "We can talk later." She turns to her side, and sees the open door to Robin's bedroom. She turns back to him and grins, laughing softly.

Rose grabs his hand and leads him through the door way, and into the bedroom. As the two step inside, Tim turns off the lights and Rose closes the door. The two of them laugh and smile, together, for the first time in what seems like an eternity.

Suddenly, the phone rings, breaking the silence in the apartment. It continues to ring, it's call going unanswered. The rain outside continues to fall, hitting the window and dripping down the glass onto the sill.

The ringing stops, and the answering machine makes a loud beep. A voice comes through the machine as the person leaves their message. "Hi," a feminine voice starts. "I tried to call the main line, but...for some reason it redirected me to this number. Anyway, my name is Megan Martin. I heard you're looking for some heroes to join and...I'd like to be a Teen Titan. Give me a call."

Screen Name: Syn (Mercenary)

Character you would like to play (please include the color and font you plan on using to portray the character): Harvey Dent, Two Face

Powers and Brief Origin (provide at least two sentences) If you copy/paste this information from another website, link back to it, or it is considered plagiarism and is not allowed. :
Harvey has no powers, he is merely a man. Yet, he has immense psychological problems (of which I plan to delve into) caused from being burned by acid, scarring half of his body. These problems make him believe life can be decided best by chance.

Group your character is aligned with (if applicable): None.

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar. One to explain what you plan to do with the character you've chosen. The other to explain why you've chosen this character. (i.e. What are your goals? Will you be doing anything different with the character than is usually seen?):

I intend to make Harvey into what I believe he should always have been. A “lethal protector.” Not a man who is corrupt and evil, but a man who does what he knows must be to keep order and justice. A man who steps over the line, crossing it in order to achieve his goals.

Do you have an Instant Messenger? Which one, and what is your screen name?: Yes...you know.

If you know how to post pictures, please provide a picture of your character you wish to be used for the Character Roster (if you do not know how, or do not have a preference, please say so and a default picture shall be picked for you): Just use the default. :up:

(not my first post)

I used to think life was fair. That there could be justice in our world. Criminals cheat, lie, steal, murder who ever they want. Crime has been around since the begining of time. As time passed, people developed ways to deal with these people...these rule breaking slime. Just as we evolved, so did our methods. When I became the district attorney of Gotham, I thought we finally had reached our peak, coming to the apex. I thought we were able to deliver justice, a fair punishment to fit the crime. I thought wrong.

Luckily, I know better now. I've seen what has to be done to truly deliver justice. Now, I understand. Some people say "Life isn't fair." I don't believe that. I think life can be fair. You just have to do things correctly. Once you fix the problems, weed out the corruption and failing parts, you'll have a perfect system. An unbreakable symbol, something to be feared and respected.

I sit in the chair in my office, leaning back against the torn cushions. I stare at the desk in front of me. A fine piece of furniture, crafted from oak and sanded down to be smooth and elegant. I look at the name plate at the edge of the surface. It's my plate. The one I used to have long ago. Before...before I learned the truth.

"Boss," I hear a man yell from the hallway. "Boss!" The man yells, running into the room through the open door.

"What is it?" I bellow in a deep voice.

"It's Zucco," he says in a heavy breath. "They just made a drop at the east side bank."

"How do you know?" I ask, reaching my hand into the pocket on my jacket, just above my chest. "Are you sure it was Zucco's people?"

"Positive, sir." He says with a grin. "Our inside guy even told us so."

My fingers feel for my weapon inside my pocket. They clasp the small circular piece of metal, and I pull it out. I hold it in my hand, keeping a tight grip around it. This is my tool, my gavel, my verdict. This is my god now. A single coin, possessing the ability to fairly deliver justice and peace. I slip the coin over my thumb and give it a flick, tossing it into the air. I watch it spin in the air, keeping a close eye on it as it slowly descends.

"Boss?" The man asks in a confused tone. I ignore him, keeping my attention to the coin. It falls in my palm, and immediately I slap it on my wrist, holding it in place, covered by my hand. "Boss?" He asks again. I uncover the coin, pulling back my hand. There, I see the answer, in plain sight, holding steady over my scarred skin.

"Heads," I bellow, looking up from the coin. "Get the men in the trucks." I take the coin, and tuck it back into my pocket as I rise from the chair. "Zucco's money is about to be...repossessed." http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/6522/spiderpc0.jpg

And here we go:

DC RPG Season VII Application

Screen Name: Catman_prb

Character you would like to play (please include the color and font you plan on using to portray the character): Batman

Powers and Brief Origin (provide at least two sentences) : Batman has trained himself to the peak of physical fitness, and has a variety of gadgets to help him in his war on crime. His origin is shrouded in mystery to the general public, and if you don't know it by now, you don't deserve to. Batman is dead. But his spirit lives on.

Group your character is aligned with (if applicable): JLA, Outsiders, The Dynamic Duo, Justice League International, The World's Finest, Bat-Family

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar. One to explain what you plan to do with the character you've chosen. The other to explain why you've chosen this character. (i.e. What are your goals? Will you be doing anything different with the character than is usually seen?): I plan to depict my Batman fighting the crime in Gotham, and dealing with the other Batman around. As to why? It's all part of the plan...also I get to play Batman :woot:

Do you have an Instant Messenger? Which one, and what is your screen name?: [email protected]

262824-16233-terry-mcginnis_thumb.jpg

The mugger sprints down the alleyway, footsteps echoing loudly in the open space. He crashes through a puddle, splashing dirty black water up his leg. He slows down when the alley grows shadier, panting heavily, and pulling the wallet out of his jacket. He flicks through it, counting the money inside with a growing smile. A good take.

There is a flutter high above him. He looks upwards, but there is only the black night's sky. Another flutter, he looks around him, trying to locate the source of his mounting terror. There was a bang at one end of the alley. He turned around and started heading back the way he came. He ran headlong into something that felt like a wall, and bounced back onto the ground.

"No....no no no - you're dead!" he shouted, trying to crawl away.

The black figure stepped over towards him and grabbed him by the scruff of his neck. He set him back on his feet. Then he let out a heavy swing, cracking him under the jaw and sending him sprawling along the ground, sliding messily along the floor.

"I'm never dead,"

Awww, seeing MB get Batman in this RPG is like seeing a blind kid get his vision back :yay:

Also, apps will be up in some hours.

Everyone trusty didn't approve, I approve :up:

So, when do ya'll want to open up the IC thread? I was thinking of sitting on the OOC thread for about a week and let us rest and recharge before starting the new season.

Screen Name: Johnny Blaze.

Character you would like to play (please include the color and font you plan on using to portray the character): Wallace "Wally" West, aka The Flash

Powers and Brief Origin (provide at least two sentences) If you copy/paste this information from another website, link back to it, or it is considered plagiarism and is not allowed.:

Brief History: Wally West gained his connection to the Speed Force due to a freak lab accident while visiting his soon-to-be Uncle, Barry Allen. Gaining powers similar to Barry, Wally became the first Kid Flash and fought crime along side Barry's alter ego, The Flash.

One of the founding members of the Teen Titans, Wally eventually took the mantle of the Flash when Barry died saving the universe.

Powers: Wally's direct connection to the Speed Force allows him to travel at speeds that defy logic. Wally's body is surrounded by a invisible energy barrier while he runs that protects him from the rigors of traveling at a super speed. This field also protects those he carries.
Wally can also use his connection to vibrate his molecules fast enough to go invisible and intangible. Objects he passes through when phasing can be made to explode if he so chooses.
Wally is also able to steal the kenetic energy of an object, thus slowing it down.

Group your character is aligned with (if applicable): The Justice League of America, Titans; formerly Teen Titans

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar. One to explain what you plan to do with the character you've chosen. The other to explain why you've chosen this character. (i.e. What are your goals? Will you be doing anything different with the character than is usually seen?): I've chosen take the mantle of Wally West because he's my favorite DC character. What I plan to do with him is try to be the best ****ing Flash I can be and just have fun.

Do you have an Instant Messenger? Which one, and what is your screen name?: Yes, PM me if you need to talk with me

Flash-17-1.jpg

"You all right", asks Wally as he runs over to help Hunter to his feet.

"Yeah", replies Zolomon as he shakes his head, "it's like there's a haze around my mind, but it's getting better."

"What happened?"

"Well, short version is that a group of villains called the Dark Alliance have banded together and have started a war against us. They've killed hundreds of innocent people already, and have destroyed the lives of hundreds more. Just to get to us."

"And we've lost some friends along the way as well"
, sighs Wally as he hangs his head, thinking about Kara and Vic.

"As for how you fit into all this", continues Wally as he holds up the small device to Zoom.

"Prometheus must have found you in the cemetary and used this thing to free you from the window and return you to your old self."

Hunter stares at the device silently as he takes in all that Wally has said. Reaching out, Hunter takes the small stone-like piece of technology from Wally's hand.
Twirling it in his hands, Hunter inspects it. Then, with all his strength, smashes the small device between his fingers.

"I...I'm sorry, Wally. I thought I had put all the atrocities I commited behind me", Hunter states somberly.

"I was ready to pay for my sins. To make sure I couldn't hurt you or this world again."

"Guess it didn't work out so well", he said with a shake of his head and a dejected laugh.

"I've been in this game for a long time, Hunter. And, as corny as it sounds, I believe things happen for a reason. Maybe you were meant to come back."

"Why", frowns Hunter, "so I can torture you again? So I can endanger innocent people as that monster?"

"No, buddy", Wally says as he places his hand on Hunter's shoulder.
"This is your chance to make things right. To take your power and use it to help people instead of hurting them."

"You talk about penance, Hunter? Well, here's your chance to make up for all the things you did."

"I appreciate it, but I don't know if I can do that, Wally", Hunter replies with a forced smile.
"I don't know if I can look these people in the eye after what I've done."

"You're one of the strongest people I've ever met, Hunter. If anyone can do this, it's you."

"Thanks, Wally", smiles Hunter warmly, "I can try, but I don't even know where to begin?"

"Well, the Twin Cities will need a protector while we're dealing with the Dark Alliance. Somebody to keep the Rogues in check and make sure the Alliance keeps their noses out of Keystone and Central."

"I couldn't think of anyone better for the job."

Hunter stands quietly for a moment, thinking things through.
Maybe this was his chance to make things right?
To make up for all the horrible things he has done since doning the mantle of Zoom?
This was his chance to make a difference again. To be a hero once more.

He owed it not only to himself, but to Ashley most of all.

"All right, Flash", says Hunter as he puts the mask back on.

[BLACKOUT]"From now on, you can count on Zoom."[/BLACKOUT]

[BLACKOUT]"Goodluck, Wally"[/BLACKOUT], Zoom states as he disappears heading to keep the Twin Cities of Keystone and Central safe.

Wally sighed and smiled.
"Good luck, Hunter. I have a feeling you'll do us all proud."

Screen Name: Johnny Blaze

Character you would like to play (please include the color and font you plan on using to portray the character): Mirror Master (Evan McCulloch)

Powers and Brief Origin (provide at least two sentences) If you copy/paste this information from another website, link back to it, or it is considered plagiarism and is not allowed.:
Evan is just a regular Scotsman, but is a skilled hitman with training in hand-to-hand fighting. The government gave him the weapons and identity of the first Mirror Master, Sam Scudder, and tried to use him as an agent. He eventually turned on them and set out on his own, eventually joining the Rogues. McCulloch can travel through any reflective surfaces using his mirror technology and can trap people into other dimensions, some worse than Hell. He has been shown to be able to interact physically with people through their reflections (slitting the reflection’s throat is mirrored by the real person), he can turn people to glass with his gun, create life like illusions and copies of himself, and has a variety of other mirror related gadgets and weapons at his disposal.

Group your character is aligned with (if applicable): The Rogues

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar. One to explain what you plan to do with the character you've chosen. The other to explain why you've chosen this character. (i.e. What are your goals? Will you be doing anything different with the character than is usually seen?): I plan on picking up where I left off at the end of the Rogue War. He's my favorite Rogue.

Do you have an Instant Messenger? Which one, and what is your screen name?: Yes, MSN, and none of your ****ing business :up:

MirrorMaster-1-1.jpg

The light of the setting sun set the sky ablaze in an orangish glow. The wind picked up again, and McCulloch tightened his jacket around him to fend off the chill. He had been waiting on the rooftop for at least an hour now, and he was beginning to get sick of it.

If he ain't here by th' time I finish my smoke, I'm outta here.

He took a long drag of his cigarette as he looked up to the sky to see a man in a green suit descend and touch down in front of him.

"Took ya long enough. Been up here waitin' on ye for over a ****in' hour."

"Aw, poor baby. Is him catching a cold?"

"**** you, Mardon", replied the Mirror Master with a chuckle.

"So, how was th' sandbox? Ya have fun playin' 'round with Adam?"

"Let's just say it's good to be back home. How's things been holding up?"

"Eh, last few weeks have been good. With Flasher away with his boys fightin' that new Alliance, we've had Keystone bent over like the town ****e."

"Made a nice killin' if I do say so", smiled McCulloch arrogantly as he flicked the cigarette butt off of the roof.

"Had ta lay low th' past few days though."

"Flash come back already?"

"Naw, got ourselves a new thorn in the proverbial paw. Zoom."

"Zoom? He trying to drag the Rogues into his fight with Flash?"

"Ha! Wish it was that easy", McCulloch sighed.
"The bugger up and changed sides. Bastards been fightin' crime in the Flash's stead."

"You're kidding me?"

"Wish I was. But it seems ol' Mr. Zolomon's on the side of angels now."

The Weather Wizard stood silently for a few seconds as he took it all in.

"What about Sam", Mardon asked with a bit of concern.

"He's seen better days, but he's healed up, least physically. Far as his mind goes..."

"Yeah, coming back from the dead takes a lot out of you."

"Awright, enough o' this chatter. Let's get the hell off'a this roof and back to the hideout where it's warm."

Mardon laughed a bit at McCulloch's misfortune.
"The Scotsman can't take a little wind chill? Fine, let's go, Evana. Don't want you to get frostbite now."

"**** off, Mardon", frowned McCulloch as both he and the laughing Weather Wizard calmly disappeared into the rooftop's lone skylight.

So, when do ya'll want to open up the IC thread? I was thinking of sitting on the OOC thread for about a week and let us rest and recharge before starting the new season.

Yeah, a break like that would be really nice.

Screen Name: Johnny Blaze.

Character you would like to play (please include the color and font you plan on using to portray the character): Wallace "Wally" West, aka The Flash

Brief History: Wally West gained his connection to the Speed Force due to a freak lab accident while visiting his soon-to-be Uncle, Barry Allen. Gaining powers similar to Barry, Wally became the first Kid Flash and fought crime along side Barry's alter ego, The Flash.

One of the founding members of the Teen Titans, Wally eventually took the mantle of the Flash when Barry died saving the universe.

Powers: Wally's direct connection to the Speed Force allows him to travel at speeds that defy logic. Wally's body is surrounded by a invisible energy barrier while he runs that protects him from the rigors of traveling at a super speed. This field also protects those he carries.
Wally can also use his connection to vibrate his molecules fast enough to go invisible and intangible. Objects he passes through when phasing can be made to explode if he so chooses.
Wally is also able to steal the kenetic energy of an object, thus slowing it down.

Group your character is aligned with (if applicable): The Justice League of America, Titans; formerly Teen Titans

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar. One to explain what you plan to do with the character you've chosen. The other to explain why you've chosen this character. (i.e. What are your goals? Will you be doing anything different with the character than is usually seen?): I've chosen take the mantle of Wally West because he's my favorite DC character. What I plan to do with him is try to be the best ****ing Flash I can be and just have fun.

Do you have an Instant Messenger? Which one, and what is your screen name?: Yes, PM me if you need to talk with me

Flash-17-1.jpg

"You all right", asks Wally as he runs over to help Hunter to his feet.

"Yeah", replies Zolomon as he shakes his head, "it's like there's a haze around my mind, but it's getting better."

"What happened?"

"Well, short version is that a group of villains called the Dark Alliance have banded together and have started a war against us. They've killed hundreds of innocent people already, and have destroyed the lives of hundreds more. Just to get to us."

"And we've lost some friends along the way as well", sighs Wally as he hangs his head, thinking about Kara and Vic.

"As for how you fit into all this", continues Wally as he holds up the small device to Zoom.

"Prometheus must have found you in the cemetary and used this thing to free you from the window and return you to your old self."

Hunter stares at the device silently as he takes in all that Wally has said. Reaching out, Hunter takes the small stone-like piece of technology from Wally's hand.
Twirling it in his hands, Hunter inspects it. Then, with all his strength, smashes the small device between his fingers.

"I...I'm sorry, Wally. I thought I had put all the atrocities I commited behind me", Hunter states somberly.

"I was ready to pay for my sins. To make sure I couldn't hurt you or this world again."

"Guess it didn't work out so well", he said with a shake of his head and a dejected laugh.

"I've been in this game for a long time, Hunter. And, as corny as it sounds, I believe things happen for a reason. Maybe you were meant to come back."

"Why", frowns Hunter, "so I can torture you again? So I can endanger innocent people as that monster?"

"No, buddy", Wally says as he places his hand on Hunter's shoulder.
"This is your chance to make things right. To take your power and use it to help people instead of hurting them."

"You talk about penance, Hunter? Well, here's your chance to make up for all the things you did."

"I appreciate it, but I don't know if I can do that, Wally", Hunter replies with a forced smile.
"I don't know if I can look these people in the eye after what I've done."

"You're one of the strongest people I've ever met, Hunter. If anyone can do this, it's you."

"Thanks, Wally", smiles Hunter warmly, "I can try, but I don't even know where to begin?"

"Well, the Twin Cities will need a protector while we're dealing with the Dark Alliance. Somebody to keep the Rogues in check and make sure the Alliance keeps their noses out of Keystone and Central."

"I couldn't think of anyone better for the job."

Hunter stands quietly for a moment, thinking things through.
Maybe this was his chance to make things right?
To make up for all the horrible things he has done since doning the mantle of Zoom?
This was his chance to make a difference again. To be a hero once more.

He owed it not only to himself, but to Ashley most of all.

"All right, Flash", says Hunter as he puts the mask back on.

[blackout]"From now on, you can count on Zoom."[/blackout]

[blackout]"Goodluck, Wally"[/blackout], Zoom states as he disappears heading to keep the Twin Cities of Keystone and Central safe.

Wally sighed and smiled.
"Good luck, Hunter. I have a feeling you'll do us all proud."

Screen Name: Johnny Blaze

Character you would like to play (please include the color and font you plan on using to portray the character): Mirror Master (Evan McCulloch)

Evan is just a regular Scotsman, but is a skilled hitman with training in hand-to-hand fighting. The government gave him the weapons and identity of the first Mirror Master, Sam Scudder, and tried to use him as an agent. He eventually turned on them and set out on his own, eventually joining the Rogues. McCulloch can travel through any reflective surfaces using his mirror technology and can trap people into other dimensions, some worse than Hell. He has been shown to be able to interact physically with people through their reflections (slitting the reflection’s throat is mirrored by the real person), he can turn people to glass with his gun, create life like illusions and copies of himself, and has a variety of other mirror related gadgets and weapons at his disposal.

Group your character is aligned with (if applicable): The Rogues

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar. One to explain what you plan to do with the character you've chosen. The other to explain why you've chosen this character. (i.e. What are your goals? Will you be doing anything different with the character than is usually seen?): I plan on picking up where I left off at the end of the Rogue War. He's my favorite Rogue.

Do you have an Instant Messenger? Which one, and what is your screen name?: Yes, MSN, and none of your ****ing business :up:

MirrorMaster-1-1.jpg

The light of the setting sun set the sky ablaze in an orangish glow. The wind picked up again, and McCulloch tightened his jacket around him to fend off the chill. He had been waiting on the rooftop for at least an hour now, and he was beginning to get sick of it.

If he ain't here by th' time I finish my smoke, I'm outta here.

He took a long drag of his cigarette as he looked up to the sky to see a man in a green suit descend and touch down in front of him.

"Took ya long enough. Been up here waitin' on ye for over a ****in' hour."

"Aw, poor baby. Is him catching a cold?"

"**** you, Mardon", replied the Mirror Master with a chuckle.

"So, how was th' sandbox? Ya have fun playin' 'round with Adam?"

"Let's just say it's good to be back home. How's things been holding up?"

"Eh, last few weeks have been good. With Flasher away with his boys fightin' that new Alliance, we've had Keystone bent over like the town ****e."

"Made a nice killin' if I do say so", smiled McCulloch arrogantly as he flicked the cigarette butt off of the roof.

"Had ta lay low th' past few days though."

"Flash come back already?"

"Naw, got ourselves a new thorn in the proverbial paw. Zoom."

"Zoom? He trying to drag the Rogues into his fight with Flash?"

"Ha! Wish it was that easy", McCulloch sighed.
"The bugger up and changed sides. Bastards been fightin' crime in the Flash's stead."

"You're kidding me?"

"Wish I was. But it seems ol' Mr. Zolomon's on the side of angels now."

The Weather Wizard stood silently for a few seconds as he took it all in.

"What about Sam", Mardon asked with a bit of concern.

"He's seen better days, but he's healed up, least physically. Far as his mind goes..."

"Yeah, coming back from the dead takes a lot out of you."

"Awright, enough o' this chatter. Let's get the hell off'a this roof and back to the hideout where it's warm."

Mardon laughed a bit at McCulloch's misfortune.
"The Scotsman can't take a little wind chill? Fine, let's go, Evana. Don't want you to get frostbite now."

"**** off, Mardon", frowned McCulloch as both he and the laughing Weather Wizard calmly disappeared into the rooftop's lone skylight.

Approvage :up:

Sweet. You're back on my Christmas card list. And the actual cards, too. Not the ones dusted with poison. :up:

From what I gather in Season V, Barda went to get Scott, having to go through the "7 Deadly Sins". She was pregnant at the time, but... Either it was a dream that Dr. Destiny pierced her belly and killed the kid/his wife, or that was reality. I'm a little confused. The -entire- thing is confusing to me, to be honest. So if anyone has information on whether or not Barda is/was pregnant and/or had her baby and all that, that would be great, so I can get this app finished. ^_^

Retocn on it if you want to. That was some of Purple Man's crap. I'm pretty sure he even played Barda under a different account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"