The Worst Movie Scenes of All Time

Rowsdower!

Avenger
Reaction score
Pretty self explanatory. What are the worst individual movie scenes you have ever seen? Generally, these scenes would be ones that were so bad that they were the "point of no return" for the film... meaning that, after you witnessed to how horrendous they were, the movie could never recover.

Here are some that come to mind for me:

Transformers 2: That mind-numbingly boring final battle in the desert.

xXx State of the Union: Ice Cube drives his car onto a train track, somehow rips all of the tires off of it so he can ride the rails on the car wheels, and then catches up to the train.

Only God Forgives: Every scene where that old cop guy sings karaoke.

Transporter 2: Statham flips his car over in mid-air to hook a bomb attached to the chassis to a crane hook before it blows up.

X-Men Origins: Wolverine: Wolvie pops his Roger Rabbit claws in the bathroom.

GI Joe: The Rise of Cobra: Hard to pick just ONE scene from this movie, but I think I'd have to go with the part at the end where Destro gets his cartoon mask.

1. "He's hot!" MoS. Derailed what should have been a potent scene.
2. Batman extracting a fingerprint from a reconstructed bullet. TDK.
3. Darcy/Intern scenes. T:TDW
4. The romance scenes in SW: ATOTC.
5. "NOT THE BEES!" TWM.

Marky mark killing Titus welliver with a football in transformers 4.

The "love scenes" in Star Wars Episode II. And similar scenes in all the Twilight movies, along with any scene where Taylor Lautner tries to act.

Any scene in a Star Wars movie that involves a storm trooper trying to shoot someone.

Strange how this thread had no replies and then blew up yesterday out of the blue.

Anyway.... -Any scene with Jar Jar in Phantom Menace.
-Rave in Zion scene in Matrix 2 (or was it 3?)
- Darth in 'Revenge of Sith' "NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!" lol
- Indy gets fridge-nuked in 'Kingdom'. Runner-up is Russian soldier gets eaten by CGI ants.
- Bat credit-card scene in 'Batman & Robin'.... But pretty much everything from that mess of a film.

Honestly I'm drawing a blank on others right now, even though I know there's tons of ones I'm not thinking of now. I'll add to this thread later.

Star Wars: ROTJ. The cute, cuddly teddy bearlike Ewoks obliterate the alleged elite ground forces of a high tech empire with rocks and sharp pointy sticks. In the same battle, Princess Leia is shot in the arm by futuristic high tech energy weapon. Her reaction is basically to say ouchy, blasts a storm trooper about 30 seconds later, and shows no sign of injury at the subsequent victory celebration.

5. "NOT THE BEES!" TWM.

You take that back! :argh:

That's actually the ringtone for my cellphone. :woot:

Some of the choices in here are a bit questionable. I think some of you seem to have forgotten that the title of this thread is "Worst, of All Time". Once again, All Time. I understand that a scene that might annoy one person won't bother another but some of the comments are making me think I'm over at the IMDB message boards. Where if someone doesn't like a movie(that really isn't that bad)they claim it to be "the worst movie I've EVVAR seen!". Major exaggerations over there.

Last edited:
You take that back! :argh:

That's actually the ringtone for my cellphone. :woot:

Some of the choices in here are a bit questionable. I think some of you seem to have forgotten that the title of this thread is "Worst, of All Time". Once again, All Time. I understand that a scene that might annoy one person won't bother another but some of the comments are making me think I'm over at the IMDB message boards. Where if someone doesn't like a movie(that really isn't that bad)they claim it to be "the worst movie I've EVVAR seen!". Major exaggerations over there.

It's all subjective, isn't it? There are people on this board who like Phantom Menace, Kingdom of the Crystal Skull and even Batman & Robin, while I think they're among the worst films of all time. Literally atrocities committed to celluloid. Now I don't know which post you were referring to specifically, but just speaking for myself, all the scenes I mentioned were so bad they made me cringe in my seat.

It's all subjective, isn't it? There are people on this board who like Phantom Menace, Kingdom of the Crystal Skull and even Batman & Robin, while I think they're among the worst films of all time. Literally atrocities committed to celluloid. Now I don't know which post you were referring to specifically, but just speaking for myself, all the scenes I mentioned were so bad they made me cringe in my seat.

KotCS, Phantom Menace and Batman & Robin may be bad films but WORST of ALL TIME? Hey, a person has a right to an opinion to believe that but like a lot of the noobs over at IMDB, I'm going to guess that person hasn't watched a **** ton of movies in their life. So basically you would put Phantom Menace and KotCS up there with films like Manos and Troll 2?

I...am...speechless. This scene has got to be one of the stupidest things ever.

[YT]AU0GgffAqPs[/YT]

KotCS, Phantom Menace and Batman & Robin may be bad films but WORST of ALL TIME? Hey, a person has a right to an opinion to believe that but like a lot of the noobs over at IMDB, I'm going to guess that person hasn't watched a **** ton of movies in their life. So basically you would put Phantom Menace and KotCS up there with films like Manos and Troll 2?

Well, we can always pick the bones of pieces of complete crap that no one, but people who are into terrible movies have seen, but I'm talking about mainstream films that more than 3 people here would have seen. Yes, Ed Wood probably made worse films than anything I listed here, but seriously? I have better things to do than waste my time sitting through a movie I already know is awful like friggin' Manos, and so do most people here I'd wager. :whatever:

But okay, if you disagree, list your worst scenes from Manos and Troll 2 and other films 99% of us have never seen.

Well, we can always pick the bones of pieces of complete crap that no one, but people who are into terrible movies have seen, but I'm talking about mainstream films that more than 3 people here would have seen. Yes, Ed Wood probably made worse films than anything I listed here, but seriously? I have better things to do than waste my time sitting through a movie I already know is awful like friggin' Manos, and so do most people here I'd wager. :whatever:

But okay, if you disagree, list your worst scenes from Manos and Troll 2 and other films 99% of us have never seen.

Realistically, you could say every scene from Manos and Troll 2 are some of the worst. Which leads me to my point that you would put scenes from those other movies along side basically any scene from the two movies I listed? If so, fair enough, I'll drop the argument. I still think it's a bit out there though.

:whatever: :whatever: :whatever: :whatever:

Rolling eyes is fun!

Well, sorry for the rolling eyes, but I also didn't care for your condescending reply comparing me to an "imdb noob." We're not all film snobs who love terrible movies. We're just trying to have fun.

But yes, consider it dropped.

Last edited:
I...am...speechless. This scene has got to be one of the stupidest things ever.

[YT]AU0GgffAqPs[/YT]

Crap on a stick... we may have a winner here. I'm glad I never watched the sequels to Twilight. Actually, I never even sat through Twilight in its entirety. I really TRIED to give it a shot but it was all so awful that I had to turn it off.

A few more...

- Any scene with Jon Voight in Anaconda
- Mortal Kombat Annihilation: That part where they are rolling around in ball cages leftover from American Gladiators
- Spider-Man 3: Tobey doing his Saturday Night Fever strut
- Hamlet (Ethan Hawke version): Hamlet delivers his famous "To be or not to be" soliloquy via voiceover in a BLOCKBUSTER F***ING VIDEO!!!!

Ugh yes! How could I forget Spidey's dance number in SM3? So awful and pointless.

Y'alls need to see really bad movies. :funny:

There's a moment in this small 2005 movie called Throttle (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0398033/). I have no idea why my friends and I started watching it. Afterwards, we chalked it up to "Well, there's what NOT to do while making a movie!" Basically, this dude spends the entirety of the movie being chased in an underground parking garage by a pickup truck. In the 10th chase (or thereabouts), the camera randomly cuts upside down for a few seconds.

A movie so hopeless, even the DP couldn't think of anything to do than to get a shot with the camera upside down. :lmao: That is the definition of hopelessness, my friends.

Also, the entirety of Ballistic: Ecks vs Sever. Tried to watch it late at night on TV, couldn't get through the first 20 minutes. At least B&R and Catwoman attempt to be entertaining. :o

- The Ferry scene in The Dark Knight.
- The subway car scene with unmasked Spidey in Spider-man 2.
- Mandarin reveal in Iron Man 3, as well as voiceover epilogue.
- Batman Forever credit card in Batman & Robin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"