The Wrestling Thread has diagrams. DIAGRAMS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
As we first reported earlier, WWE removed CM Punk from their event pages for all of their summer pay-per-view events through SummerSlam. However, Punk was still advertised for several Raw television tapings, starting with the Raw taping on May 27th at Scotiabank Saddledome in Calgary, AB. Punk was also advertised for the upcoming Raw tours in Japan, Taiwan and Australia.

WWE has recently decided to removed Punk from all Raw tapings and live events. The only wrestling related events that Punk is advertised for is these upcoming Comic-Con fan fests:

* Wizard World New York City on Friday, June 28th
* Wizard World Chicago Comic Con on Saturday, August 10th
* Wizard World Nashville Comic Con on Sunday, October 20th

As of this writing there is no indication on when we will see the former WWE champion back on WWE television.

- The recent Dean Ambrose vs. The Undertaker match on SmackDown is confirmed to be Taker's last scheduled appearance for the time being. WWE left it open to where Taker could come back and confront The Shield later.

The Undertaker came out of these recent matches in much better shape than he has in the past few years. Going into WrestleMania 29, Taker rested more, changed his diet and tried new workout routines.

Taker also worked a smarter match with CM Punk. It's said that he had the mindset of his matches with Triple H were going to be some of his last but going into the Punk match, he just wanted to give the fans a good match but not destroy himself.

Source: PWInsider

TNA announced on their UK Facebook page that the 2014 Maximum Impact Tour will be taped for television.

"During her UK media interviews, Dixie Carter confirmed the huge news that TNA TV cameras will be at ALL the shows on the TNA MAXIMUM IMPACT VI Tour:

TNA IMPACT WRESTLING will be broadcast LIVE from Glasgow’s Hydro on Thursday January 30. The majority of a second show will also be taped.

The rest of that second show, along with footage for other TNA programming, will then be taped in Manchester on Friday January 31.

On Saturday February 1, a full TNA IMPACT WRESTLING TV taping will take place at London’s Wembley Arena. The majority of a second show will also be taped.

The rest of that show, along with footage for other TNA programming, will then be taped in Birmingham at the NIA on Sunday February 2.

TICKETS GO ON SALE AT 9AM!!!"

http://www.pwpix.net/pwpixnews/headlines/369703192.php
http://www.pwpix.net/pwpixnews/headlines/369678974.php
http://www.pwpix.net/pwpixnews/headlines/369694739.php

looking at the recent photos of Punk (with Lita) and his tweets he seems like he is in no hurry to go back to the wwe,honestly it wouldnt suprise me at all if he just retired.

looking at the recent photos of Punk (with Lita) and his tweets he seems like he is in no hurry to go back to the wwe,honestly it wouldnt suprise me at all if he just retired.

He's been saying for a while that he'd likely retire sooner than most think, it's just a matter of how soon I guess.

I reckon he'll be back though.

I think Punk and Heyman know that a match with Brock is big money and has the potential to be a MOTY. Also I don't think Punk will retire until he main events a mania. That's the last goal he really has left and as a self professed goal oriented person, once that's done he won't have anything keeping him motivated.

QoCMA.gif

Hey, a .gif that accurately represents my feelings about everyone who's always constantly bashing Miz, Triple H, and The Rock!

:oldrazz::oldrazz:

As we first reported earlier, WWE removed CM Punk from their event pages for all of their summer pay-per-view events through SummerSlam. However, Punk was still advertised for several Raw television tapings, starting with the Raw taping on May 27th at Scotiabank Saddledome in Calgary, AB. Punk was also advertised for the upcoming Raw tours in Japan, Taiwan and Australia.

WWE has recently decided to removed Punk from all Raw tapings and live events. The only wrestling related events that Punk is advertised for is these upcoming Comic-Con fan fests:

* Wizard World New York City on Friday, June 28th
* Wizard World Chicago Comic Con on Saturday, August 10th
* Wizard World Nashville Comic Con on Sunday, October 20th
Source: PWInsider

if he's not on the australian tour
i'll be disappointed cause punks one of the main reason i bought a ticket to go

I've been really enjoying ROH Border Wars so far. Davey Richards vs Paul London was really good. Great effort by London. Always great to see him wrestle.

He's been saying for a while that he'd likely retire sooner than most think, it's just a matter of how soon I guess.

I reckon he'll be back though.

Yeah... he'll be back. However, I wouldn't be shocked if he stayed gone until Royal Rumble next year, though, that would be dependent upon Brock vs Rock falling through and, based on Rock's recent comments, it looks like it has.

I mention Rock vs. Brock because that's the touted main event for next year's 'Mania so if that doesn't happen, it's likely Vince and Paul will have to resort to having the match we all want in the main event: Punk vs Cena at 'Mania for the WWE Championship.

That story seems suspect. I don't buy the part about Punk expecting to end the streak. Also I don't think he'd care about winning or losing. Wrestling the Undertaker at this point is one of the most high profile matches you could be involved with on the card. It's bigger than the championship.

There might of been some blowout between Vince and Punk, but I don't think it had to do with the outcome of the Undertaker match. Unless Vince and Triple H did lie to Punk, that would be very petty and unprofessional on their part.

WWE.com put up an article called "Where is CM Punk". I guess they're trying to work this into a storyline.

Yeah I read that the other day, definitely bollocks I reckon.

I don't think CM Punk would b*tch about jobbing in his high profile match against The Undertaker (if he did, it would have probably been with The Rock if anything).

However, Vince is known to say one thing and do another (see Hart / Hogan 1993 WWF title debacle) for the sake of sh**s and giggles.

I love Sting. It makes me sad how many of his so called fans have turned on the poor guy. :(

I love Sting. It makes me sad how many of his so called fans have turned on the poor guy. :(
There's only so much people can takes before they can takes no more. Sting should have hung it up a few years ago. There is no reason for him to be headlining a PPV at this stage of the game.

Yeah,I"m still a Sting mark and he can still go in the ring sometimes..But I don't think he should still be getting world title shots and in the ME scene and especially to work with other vets!

I'm fine him occasionally wrestling But IF he's going to keep doing them often then I think he should either form a tag-team with a younger guy and go for the tag titles or have mid-card feuds where he mostly puts over younger guys!

Yeah,I"m still a Sting mark and he can still go in the ring sometimes..But I don't think he should still be getting world title shots and in the ME scene and especially to work with other vets!

I'm fine him occasionally wrestling But IF he's going to keep doing them often then I think he should either form a tag-team with a younger guy and go for the tag titles or have mid-card feuds where he mostly puts over younger guys!

I definitely agree with you. This is the fourth year sting has main events of this ppv view For the title

What's Kurt Angle been doing in TNA for the last few months? Off the top of my head I don't remember seeing his name pass around too much anymore when hearing about TNA results.

He's been involved with the Ace's & Eights feud and recently had a match against the first ever Eurocontinental Champion D'lo Brown.

Interesting mask choice from Wyatt. Is it a gimmick or is it one of those masks people wear when they have a broken cheekbone or nose?

As for Sting, my two main issues with him are how he's booked into big spots, and the fact he isn't putting the work in to get in shape which means he's always wrestling in a t shirt.

I feel like the general rule should be that if you were main eventing WWF/WCW pay per views in 1990, you should probably be working a limited schedule for big matches (like Undertaker) or putting over young midcarders.

What annoys me is when Aces & Eights runaway from a couple of geriatrics like Hogan and Sting.

Update on WWE NXT returning to American Television: http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/16426/update-wwe-nxt-coming-to-television

According to sources, WWE has interest in putting the NXT show on the air in the United States by this fall. The show currently available on the XBOX, in Canada and overseas. One source stated the company was in talks about landing the show on Syfy, the current home of SmackDown and the former home of NXT when WWE phased out the weekly ECW television show.

The format would stay close to how they tape shows currently at Full Sail University featuring developmental wrestlers along with established WWE talent that are brought in for special appearances. The thought process behind getting a television deal for NXT makes sense for WWE in that if they continue to put out tons of hours of weekly television and get paid for it in what was described as the only "real place where money is made these days."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"