The Wrestling Thread Has Until 5! - Part 40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, WWE 12 sucks.

I've had it for about a week and I've finally come to terms with it - it sucks.

The countering makes it almost unplayable. It's been a while since I've played the previous games, and the AI countering is as frustrating in this as it was back then. So sick of everything being reversed.

I mean, I did get better at countering. The first day I sucked atrociously, but I did get better. But I think Gamespot has it right when they that sometimes when you hit the counter button it doesn't register when it needs to.

You know what? There's no excuse for it these days. This game in terms of its game mechanics is so out dated in comparison to today's games. The gameplay of this franchise has made only minor improvements over the span of something like 4 years.

I can't play this game. It's not fun! I don't want to pick it up and finish the story mode because it feels like a chore. Story mode is so lame. So many backstage fights. Backstage fights are the worst.

I feel like there is no skill involved whatsoever in the matches. It's almost a matter of luck. If I don't get the first hit in on my opponent, I restart the match until I do - whoever hits their opponent first basically has the next couple of moves for free.

I mean, there's times when I'm just exasperated as I watch as the computer AI completely dominates my character for minutes at a time and I'm trying my best to time counters or get in some offense and it just doesn't happen.

Get a different game company to have a crack at this.

I felt the same about last years game - I only played it for like a week then just got fed up with it, I wasn't having fun with it, and if you aren't having fun whats the point!? I'll not be buying again until I read it's changed for the better - I suppose this is the reason that after 2 motnhs you can buy the game new for 1/4 of its original price

I've got the reversing down for the most part, it's only a bollox when you're fighting the likes of Cena/Trips/Undertaker. One thing I will say though is that kids must absolutely hate this game as if an adult is struggling with the reversals then a kid will definitely struggle. I let my 9 year old nephew play against the computer and he was nearly crying due to how difficult he found it. He got bored quickly enough. He found kicking out of pins very difficult as well.

Hate the pinning in the game but starting to get the hang of it.

I gave up on story mode as I find the limitations of who you can play with frustrating. I'm still playing it purely for universe mode but even that has its' kinks.

An okay game, 6/10 perhaps.

I was looking back at an old wrestling thread and came across this post from Nexy.

http://forums.superherohype.com/showpost.php?p=17139602&postcount=37556

I can see, before the end of the year, Morrison being the one to dethrone Punk after a lengthy feud. Morrison is getting better at playing the charismatic face, and they have great matches together. He could play of a party lifestyle in a good way and show how Punk is missing out.

The heart has since grown cold. :(

Morrison could well have been where Bryan is right now, if he didn't let his personal issues affect his professionalism.

Bobby Lashley was Brock Lesnar Version II. So much potential and promise for the company then gave it all up from the traveling schedule.

I'm all for Bobby coming back especially with this current WWE roster lacking starpower. He can pick up where he left off. Seeing him Vs. Cena at the Great American Bash 2007 is one of my favorite all-time surprises. I didn't think it was going to be good at all and low & behold, its arguably one of Cena's best matches.

Was he Skip or Dipp?

He was Brother Love. His brother, Tom, was Zipp.

Vince has a lower opinion of Foley as every day goes by

So much for Foley Vs. Undertaker :csad:

Last edited:
Morrison could well have been where Bryan is right now, if he didn't let his personal issues affect his professionalism.

I'm not sure about that. Eventually, maybe.

But I think Bryan is where he is right now because of a mixture of CM Punk pulling for him and Ryder, and because of a recognition from certain people (maybe guys like HHH) that Bryan has paid his dues the old fashioned way for 12 years.

Last edited:
loved the mickie james vs gail kim match on tna....both are soo sexy

Impact was decent last night. Bobby Roode continues to impress and Mickie and Gail MORE than made up for their infamous Raw botchfest. That was some real womens wrestling last night, folks.

So, so bad.

He's lost the vast majority of his matches going back months.

He lost to Cody Rhodes twice, before cashing in on Big Show to become World champion.

The booking just makes no sense.

It's the hot and cold type booking that CM Punk talked about before. They do something great with you like having you win Money In The Bank, then they book you in a losing streak, then give you a title?!

Its almost like they want to make it HARDER for people to get over. Either to control them or to see if their initial popularity survives being ***** on constantly.

Nobody should be handed anything but to sabotage the talent means no stars will be made. Forcing guys like Del Rio and McIntyre down peoples throats with a 0 to 60 push does them no favors either.

It could also be a case of slow news day = make things up. I mean remember that news that Vince wanted the word heel banned? Yet weeks later Ziggler still has #Heel attire.

The thing with Ryder is he has the mid card belt, the workhorse title, I don't expect to see him in the main event much, but hopefully he'll have some good challengers to keep the belt on a good run as it was with Ziggler.

WWE do lack patience but they have to realize the uphill task for these guys. I know the debate has been had on wins and losses but they do matter when trying to establish a guy, and the problem is with HBK, Edge and Jericho gone there is no established main event talent to put these guys over, as Triple H (Face version) and Taker don't do jobs for non main event guys....hell Orton and Cena get jobbed out before these two.

Ryders legit over. ratings or not his stuff sells too. They'd be crazy to demote him. Right on about the lack of established top guys. HHH and Regal are like super part time and Taker isn't even that. Same for Foley. They need more of what's happening with Booker T and Cody and even then Booker hasn't been relevant as a WWE wrestler for years. Right now its only Cena and Orton and even if they did work with more lower card talent two of them can't do it alone.

I'm guessing Drew McIntyre is on his way to getting the boot from the WWE.

Kind of glad Orton is injured his been rather boring as of late and his feud with Barrett is dull as hell.

Smackdown roster is starting to look thin as hell with all these injuries and jobbers.

The silver lining here is that it opens up a spot for somebody to move up somewhere...even if it isn't the main event. Takers absence is really noticeable now. This is all on WWE for not building new stars. They've waited til it was almost too late.

The problem is that NEVER enough time will ever pass to justify it. Let's face it, HOF is basically all about glorifying people (some deserving, some not so deserving), and it would simply be a PR disaster for the WWE to glorify Benoit.

On Raw SD and PPV's the character and the man can be separated somewhat but since the HOF honors the character AND the man that means there's no way Benoit is going in. Even if it was just the character he still wouldn't go in. I agree with WWE on this one. it would be a PR nightmare.

Can anyone tell me if that's a different guy in the Kane mask?

I remember when people wondered the same thing when he came back from injury nearly a decade ago because he was smaller then too.

- WWE officials held a meeting last week after the RAW ratings came in, during which Michael Cole's commentary was discussed according to F4Wonline.com.

TV rating's patterns show fans have little interest in seeing anyone on TV besides the top Superstars. It was considered that a reason why might be Cole's continual burial of talent on Raw and Smackdown for the past year or so.

- This past Monday's edition of WWE Raw finished with a 2.93 cable rating, which is up slightly from the 2.92 number the show drew last week.
The show averaged 4,460,000 million viewers overall, up from 4,290,000 the week before. It also broke an eight week streak of viewership declining during the second hour.
This is the fourth consecutive week that the show's rating has come in under a 3.0.

:doh: Its taken them this long to figure it out? Not only does Coles ranting hurt the show overall but he buries guys to a point that it kills any credibility. You never EVER heard Heenan or Ventura completely tear down the fantasy at that level. They still wanted the face to draw. Coles hatred seems almost personal. Thats a turn off when watching the show. Its not even consistent because he hardly ever badmouths Cena or HHH at that level...which makes his badmouthing of Bryan and others seem worse.

This change has been since Raw? I mean I can't see where they can change the Miz and Truth stuff as it seems pretty straight forward.

This is getting so irritating, firstly where is it said that heels can't be ratings draws? I recall Vince, Hogan, HBK, Triple H, Jericho and The Rock all doing good ratings as heels. Cena's merch sales and ratings drawing ability is not gonna be hurt by a heel turn, that logic might apply to the 80's but it's nearly 2012.

As for the Punk thing, this all goes back to the angle with Triple H, despite what some said about being too obvious blah blah blah, Triple H should have turned heel on Punk, because instead Punk was simply proven wrong despite telling the truth about H and on top of that it was merely used so Triple H could have a bit more glory poured on him, while Punk was left to try and carry one of the dullest, least over WWE heel champions in history ,and now it's all HIS fault that segments with him where he has no credible challenger and an authority enemy that 90% of the audience don't even get, aren't drawing ratings? :doh:

I hate to say I told you so but...:cwink: They killed some of Punks momentum for nothing. he's still popular now Despite working with HHH not because of him. HHH just wanted to work with the hottest guy in the business to get some of that relevance so he could...work with his crip buddy Kevin Nash? Nash cheated Punk out of his title...with no payoff. HHH got a win over Punk and while Punk looked strong instead of taking this story to its logical conclusion HHH will instead be workign with Taker 9again) at WM28. I just don't see how any of that helped anybody besides 3 middle aged men in the twilight of their careers. One of em ain't even a damn draw anymore and is 10 years behind the times.

HHH as Raw GM/COO was just worthless. It just gave us HHH hogging the spotlight as the center of attention until finally it led to Johnny Ace in charge.

are the ratings any lower than when cena was champ? i think not

acting like punk is bringing in 1.0's lol

wwe does'nt seem to realize punk does'nt have a competitive or interesting heel to go against

every hero needs a villain

punk does'nt have any yet then low tier guys like adr and miz

its like a batman film with bruce fighting mad hatter and cay face and wondering why it bombs

They need to look at the fact that ratings had steadily slide for 5 years with Cena on top. He may draw a certain segment off viewers the most but they've lost overall viewers.

One of the biggest problems with WWE today is predictable booking.

As soon as a match is announced, 9 out of 10 times you can predict the outcome.

Kelly Kelly vs Beth Phoenix in non-PPV matches? Kelly will win with a cheap roll up.

Not this week, but next week we're gonna see Daniel Bryan vs Big Show for the Championship. I guarantee it ends in DQ with interference by Mark Henry.

It's all too predictable.

Yup. Thats one thing that hurt the first Raw with Ryder and Bryan as champs. Everybody knew how it was all going to turn out.

My prediction for the WrestleMania 28 card:

WrestleMania 28 booked by me! :D

I'd rather see your card than the one we'll probably get. No need for Taker HHH III with Rock vs Cena as a huge draw. This is the one time they can afford to take some risks. The buyrate will be ginormous anyway.

There is no one I want to return less than Lashley... I can't remember a more bland, less exciting guy, who they dared to try to make a main eventer. How can a man that huge sound less masculine than Chyna, and look less intense than Doink the Clown?

KEEP. HIM. AWAY.

Ditto X 10. Lashley sounds like he's putting out feelers. His career hasn't panned out the way he hoped. The way he left WWE wouldn't be what I would call amicable.

he had a good physique and moved well for his size. Great athlete but not what I would cal a great worker...even for a big man. With that face and that voice he's as intimidating as The Gooker. I just never bought him as this big monster. They pushed him hard and he never really got over. Of course that period where they pushed him as the new face of ECW was doomed to fail. The ECW faithful that were left were never going to accept him.

Was he Skip or Dipp?

:dry:

He was Brother Love. I tell ya..the behind the scenes happenings in TNA can be way more interesting than the actual show. Prichard definitely knows how to play the game but it sounds like he's usurped Bischoff AND Russo. Not that I'm complaining because the show HAS gotten better. Seems like while Bischoff still understands how tv works and the technical improvements he used up his creative reservoir yeas ago. And Russo's been a hack for even longer. Prichard at least seems to have a better grasp on what works creatively than either one of them.

Prichard outmaneuvering Carter is troubling at first because of the level of politics but at the same time he understands wrestling far better than she does. Maybe this is something that NEEDS to happen? As long as she's handleing business decisions a dn who gets hired or fired and he's handeling creative decisions and complaints that sounds fine to me. I can understand their being a chain of command too.

I really don't understand Vince's view on Foley. Sounds like Foley went from being irrelevant in TNA to being irrelevant (with more exposure) in WWE I think theres a little HHH in Vinces ear after previous reports of him not being impressed with Foley...which is bullsh** after what Foley did for HHH. HHH should know better than anyone that theres more to Mick Foley than whats on the surface.

I can understand holding off on a HOF spot because they need to ration out the legit stars to help draw in the coming years but the way Vince kissed Foley's a** when he was with TNA and promoted his book is unheard of for ANYBODY else. And now he sees little use for Foley? The mind boggles. Vince has split personalities.

By personal issues you mean...

Melina-does-the-Splits-melina-perez-14849058-624-390.jpg

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me if that's a different guy in the Kane mask?

Nope, its Gleen Jacobs alright. The eyes never lie!

Cole can't badmouth Triple H or Cena as bad as he can with Daniel Bryan because he's not allowed to. If he does, Triple H will have a shovel ready for him.

I was told it was the best wrestling game since No Mercy.. Not true?

I like WWE 12.

One of the features I enjoy is that any titles can be defended with any competitors and in any matches, including the WWE and World Titles. In SVR 2011, the WWE and World Titles would only be defended in Battle Royals if the title holder has the ECW Title, Hardcore Title or Million Dollar Title. I like this aspect better.

Also, I like that there are features for custom themes for CAW's without having to use Highlight Reel. I also like that the announcers now have more choices to announce names than just "The Superstar" or "The Icon" or "The Ninja" like there was in SVR 2011. Also, more options for Caws to have in regards to hometown. Example, an Anderson Silva Caw would be announced as from Brazil, rather than from The Caribbean in SVR 2011.

Stephanie has the expression of an android.

Steph is looking good!

I couldn't find a link to that match that Mickie and Gail did last night, but I did find a link on YouTube of them at TNA Final Resolution, and that wasn't a half bad match. Only 1 botch that I saw, and it was pretty minor.

Steph is going to get as big and buff as Vince. I look forward to the day when she has her own Kiss My Ass club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"