The Wrestling Thread Has Until 5! - Part 40

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this Kane v. Cena angle becomes nothing more than Cena rising above his hatred, and good always triumphing evil
that would be terrible, but the sad part is i can totally see creative doing that so supercena is stronger than ever for wrestlemania :dry:

but still ANYTHING can happen in the wwe

Even with predictability, they could still make it work. It all depends on the booking and the writing of the match.

Example: At Wrestlemania 27, HHH actually gained more from losing the match than Undertaker did from winning.

However, if they want to re-establish Kane's dominance and give more reason for Cena to turn heel, Kane should win the match to add to Cena's weakness, which will begin the quest to get back The Eye Of The Tiger.

My prediction for the WrestleMania 28 card:

Main Event - The Rock vs Cena

WWE Title Match - CM Punk vs Jericho

World Heavyweight Title Match -
Henry vs Sheamus

The Streak - Taker vs Triple H

Mainstream attraction - Shaq/Bryan vs Show/Cody Rhodes

MITB - Ziggler vs Swagger vs Barrett vs ADR vs Christian vs Miz vs Truth

US Title Match - Ryder vs Kane

Divas Title Match - Beth vs Nattie vs Eve vs Kelly

WrestleMania 28 booked by me! :D
Main Event - The Rock vs Cena

WWE Title Match - CM Punk vs Triple H

World Heavyweight Title 2/3 Falls Match -
Daniel Bryan vs Dolph Ziggler

The Streak - Taker vs Jericho

Mainstream attraction - Shaq/Zack Ryder vs Show/Cody Rhodes

MITB - Henry vs Barrett vs ADR vs Christian vs Miz vs Truth

Powerhouse Match - Sheamus vs Kane

WWE Tag Team Title Match - Air Boom vs Swagger/Brodus

Divas Title Match - Beth vs Nattie

Whoever teams up with Shaq is going to get major exposure. Plus he's retired, so there's no risk of injury.

Taker vs Jericho would be way more interesting than Taker vs HHH. It would be a great chance to give Jericho an opportunity to compete with Taker's other streak matches.

CM Punk vs HHH at Wrestlemania would make a lot of sense.

What OTHER celebrities would everyone like to see besides shaq?

How about...

Khloe Kardashian choke slamming hornswoggle... Dan Marino...

any other ideas?

Taker vs Jericho would be way more interesting than Taker vs HHH. It would be a great chance to give Jericho an opportunity to compete with Taker's other streak matches.

CM Punk vs HHH at Wrestlemania would make a lot of sense.

Yea but Punk v. Jericho is way more interesting than Undertaker v. Jericho.

Lol at Sting mocking Madison and Kim.

First time in long time I'm watching Impact...

Yea but Punk v. Jericho is way more interesting than Undertaker v. Jericho.

If it's Punk vs Triple H instead, it means Punk gets the match he needs and Taker gets to work someone new at Mania, in fact I don't think there has ever been a singles PPV match between them.

What OTHER celebrities would everyone like to see besides shaq?

The cast of Expendables, Rampage Jackson , Brock Lesnar, Forrest Griffin, and Trish Stratus.

If it's Punk vs Triple H instead, it means Punk gets the match he needs and Taker gets to work someone new at Mania, in fact I don't think there has ever been a singles PPV match between them.

There's hasn't. Only a triple threat match with Big Show at the 2009 Survivor Series. I thought Jericho vs Taker would of been a great match-up for Wrestlemania but they're heading the opposite direction.

Bobby Lashley Says Wants To Return To WWE

p-5aWVS_roA1dVM.gif

During an interview with SLAM! Wrestling, MMA fighter and former WWE & TNA superstar Bobby Lashley says that he would like to return to WWE sometime in the future. To read the full interview, head over to Slam.Canoe.Ca.
Lashley, who recently captured his first MMA championship, said he's eagle to settle up on "unfinished business" and "there's still something's to accomplish in WWE."
"I'm completely open to going back, I would love to come back and do something big if there was an opportunity presented, I would definitely consider it," he said.
"While I would do it, if the chance never came my way then I would be completely content in continuing with what I'm doing at the moment and that's continuing wrestling and trying to become the best possible fighter I can be."

I would like to see him return to WWE but this sounds like he's trying to get headlines.

There is no one I want to return less than Lashley... I can't remember a more bland, less exciting guy, who they dared to try to make a main eventer. How can a man that huge sound less masculine than Chyna, and look less intense than Doink the Clown?

KEEP. HIM. AWAY.

According to several TNA Impact Wrestling talents, the wrestlers were recently told not to address their complaints about the company directly with TNA President Dixie Carter, but rather to observe a new protocol in the company by going through Bruce Prichard first.

Prichard, who agreed to start with the company on a trial basis, has already replaced Vince Russo as head of creative, and is seen by many as being in control of the company right now.

"He's maneuvered himself past (Eric) Bischoff, past (Vince) Russo, and in some ways he's even maneuvered himself past Dixie herself," a key TNA insider told us this evening. "The wrestlers were in shock that Prichard wants them to come to him first before they are even allowed to go to Dixie Carter. He's isolated her from the boys so she can't hear their complaints. Bischoff plays the good company man, but he's in a world of shock over it right now, and so is everyone else."

Was he Skip or Dipp?

Mick Foley is not on WWE Chairman Vince McMahon's list for the 2012 Hall of Fame, although that could change depending on who else is going to be inducted.

"The writers got to pitch their choices for the Hall of Fame, and Vince seems to have several people in mind already this year," a key WWE insider told WrestleZone exclusively earlier today, "Mick Foley is not high on Vince's list for 2012."

We were told, "if some of Vince's other ideas don't pan out, Foley might be added on, but he won't be the main attraction for the Hall of Fame this year no matter what. Vince brought Foley back into the company because he was impressed with Foley's commitment to charity work, but as you've seen on TV, Vince has a lower opinion of Foley as every day goes by. It was the same when Vince made sure JR (Jim Ross) got re-hired. The moment JR signed the new contract, Vince regretted keeping him. It's like Vince just wants to lock these guys up so they can't play with others, and it's always Vince who accuses other people of not playing well with others."

:dry:

There is no one I want to return less than Lashley... I can't remember a more bland, less exciting guy, who they dared to try to make a main eventer. How can a man that huge sound less masculine than Chyna, and look less intense than Doink the Clown?

KEEP. HIM. AWAY.

There are people who'd prefer hemroids to return before they would Lashley.

Of course Foley won't be the main attraction of the Hall of Fame Class of 2012, The Rock will be. That's just common sense.

KEEP. HIM. AWAY.

Well the voice didn't match the body but I think he had a decent look and could of improved in the ring.

Of course Foley won't be the main attraction of the Hall of Fame Class of 2012, The Rock will be. That's just common sense.

Save Foley for a WM/HOF when it's back near NY, or a year where they need a draw. It'd be silly to waste him on a year where everyone is just going to care about Rock anyway.

What is Vince's problem with Foley anyway? Or JR for that matter?

That's pretty much the best advice anyone can have for going to any sporting live event or concert. Bathroom lines are long. Food is super expensive.

Other piece of advice...just hope that you don't sit next to the stinky wrestling fans or the really drunk people who will accidentally spill beer on you or yell stupid things the whole show and make you want to punch them in the face.

proud to say the one time I went to a WWE show that was me :woot:

He likes the fat lads if they are also giants. :cwink:

That's because they fall into the "big guy" category rather than the "tub o' lard" category. Vince is OK with that, but he's overly sensitive about appearance in other areas.

JR isn't handsome, he dresses like a cowboy, and he's overweight. That's 3 strikes against him in Vince's book. I think most fans only care about JR's talent, but Vince can't be satisfied with that.

In Mick's case, it doesn't matter that he's an author, charismatic, and well-spoken. Mick has always looked like a homeless person and I'm sure that makes Vince cringe.

Last edited:
Foley's not high on Vince's list for Hall of Fame despite near killing himself a few times in the ring to make WWE money?

:doh:

Man, WWE 12 sucks.

I've had it for about a week and I've finally come to terms with it - it sucks.

The countering makes it almost unplayable. It's been a while since I've played the previous games, and the AI countering is as frustrating in this as it was back then. So sick of everything being reversed.

I mean, I did get better at countering. The first day I sucked atrociously, but I did get better. But I think Gamespot has it right when they that sometimes when you hit the counter button it doesn't register when it needs to.

You know what? There's no excuse for it these days. This game in terms of its game mechanics is so out dated in comparison to today's games. The gameplay of this franchise has made only minor improvements over the span of something like 4 years.

I can't play this game. It's not fun! I don't want to pick it up and finish the story mode because it feels like a chore. Story mode is so lame. So many backstage fights. Backstage fights are the worst.

I feel like there is no skill involved whatsoever in the matches. It's almost a matter of luck. If I don't get the first hit in on my opponent, I restart the match until I do - whoever hits their opponent first basically has the next couple of moves for free.

I mean, there's times when I'm just exasperated as I watch as the computer AI completely dominates my character for minutes at a time and I'm trying my best to time counters or get in some offense and it just doesn't happen.

Get a different game company to have a crack at this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"