• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Wrestling Thread.....Has No Confidence - Part 34

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see Cody wrestling for the world title at WM before I can see Christian doing so.

Christian wouldnt have to cash in at mania that was Bryans thing.

Cody is busy making the IC title matter. If anyone should take it it's Christian.

Good idea. It's stupid to take the briefcase off one guy you've made irrelevant through bad booking, and replace him with another guy in the same boat. Before this week Barrett wasn't doing jack. At least Christian has been involved with Orton and Sheamus.

Christian wouldnt have to cash in at mania that was Bryans thing.
That includes defending it at WM, etc. Just don't see him doing that.

What would ya'll think if WWE brought back GTV?

To those who watch Ring of Honor,

Does anyone else think Truth Martini is Bizarro Mitch Hedberg?

my Predicted WM28 card

Main Event
The Rock vs Cena

World heavyweight title
Orton vs Bryan vs Sheamus

WWE Title
CM Punk vs Del Rio (c)

United States Title:
Dolph Ziggler vs Jack Swagger vs Alex Riley

Grudge match
Miz vs HHH

Taker vs Henry

Bourne vs Kofi

John Morrison vs Christian

diva's title
Beth vs Natalia

my Predicted WM28 card

Main Event
The Rock vs Cena

World heavyweight title

WWE Title
CM Punk vs Del Rio (c)

United States Title:

Grudge match
Miz vs HHH

Taker vs Henry

Bourne vs Kofi

diva's title
Beth vs Natalia

Not a bad card but I would add a MITB match and replace John Morrison Vs Christian with something else and have them in the MITB.

MITB Match

R-Truth Vs Christian Vs John Morrison Vs Seth Rollins Vs Chris Hero Vs Cody Rhodes

A.) If the Smackdown challenger wins the Royal Rumble or The Elimination Chamber for the title shot, I think WWE will be lazy about it and have Bryan cash in making it a triple threat match.

This seems the most likely to me, the same way Benoit got his Mania WHC shot.

Hell, I forgot he actually made the statement.

Given he's barely even on SD now it's not surprising. :(

my Predicted WM28 card

Main Event
The Rock vs Cena

World heavyweight title

WWE Title
CM Punk vs Del Rio (c)

United States Title:

Grudge match
Miz vs HHH

Taker vs Henry

Bourne vs Kofi

diva's title
Beth vs Natalia

Not a bad card but I would add a MITB match and replace John Morrison Vs Christian with something else and have them in the MITB.

MITB Match

R-Truth Vs Christian Vs John Morrison Vs Seth Rollins Vs Chris Hero Vs Cody Rhodes

did they have one last wrestlemania? cant remember.

This seems the most likely to me, the same way Benoit got his Mania WHC shot.

Given he's barely even on SD now it's not surprising. :(

knew I was forgetting someone .

MITB Match

What is the point of Money in the Bank at Wrestlemania when there is a Money in the Bank PPV?

Why am I sensing that both WWE Title and World Title matches at Vengeance are going to be triple threats?

Glad to see the thread title!

Could Daniel Bryan cash in his MITB on Cody's IC title?

Source: The Wrestling Observer

Austin Speaks on Cena Critics
During a recent promotion of his upcoming movie "Born To Fight," Stone Cold Steve Austin had the following to say about WWE, John Cena's critics and more:

"When I look at that company right now, John Cena is the guy who anchors it all. Some people get mad because they feel like WWE shoves it down your throat, but he's the main guy. Whether you love to hate him or you love to love him, you gotta respect him. If you're going to have him chase, you must have a heel worthy of chasing. No disrespect to Del Rio, but Cena is so far higher up on that ladder. Unless you give him a viable heel to chase, he should have the belt. I tell you John Cena has had some great matches with some great guys. Sometimes his body of work gets overlooked. The guy has proven himself over and over again. I call a spade a spade and John has done a tremendous job and he's got a few years left yet."

Future of Impact Road Tapings
It's being reported that the next set of TNA Impact Wrestling tapings outside of the Impact Zone will take place on October 26th in Macon, Georgia. Those are reportedly the last set of taping dates outside of the Impact Zone that TNA has planned for the rest of 2011. It's being said that after the Macon tapings, TNA will be "re-evaluating" the idea of taping outside the Impact Zone.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/243284-austin-speaks-on-cena-critics-future-of-impact-road-tapings

Could Daniel Bryan cash in his MITB on Cody's IC title?

Source: The Wrestling Observer

That would be stupid and would make MITB pointless.

Last edited:
Yea it clearly states it's for the world title.You know what I would really love at WM28?A Cody/Goldust IC title bout.

Something tells me Ricardo Rodriguez will end breaking away from Alberto Del Rio and do his own thing. Maybe bring in The Ascension, check this out:

[YT]IhQpBHzxXTI[/YT]

re-evaluating the idea of taping outside the Impact Zone???

really?

don't you want to grow the promotion and get actual reactions to the product, not just the same 500 people week in and week out who are more concerned about going into business for themselves than watching the in-ring action

My WM28 card

The Rock vs. John Cena

WWE Title
Triple H vs. CM Punk

Streak on the Line
Undertaker vs. Randy Orton- Street Fight

World Title
Sheamus vs. Mark Henry vs. Daniel Bryan

Raw vs. Smackdown
Rey Mysterio vs. Sin Cara

Lumberjill Divas Championship
Beth Phoenix vs. Natalia Niedhart

Intercontinental Championship
Cody Rhodes vs. Goldust

Tag Team Championship Ladder Match
Air Boom vs. Awesome Truth vs. Kane/Big Show vs. Kings of Wresting(Wishful Thinking)

United States Title fatal Four way
Dolph Ziggler vs. Jack Swagger vs. John Morrison vs. Christian

re-evaluating the idea of taping outside the Impact Zone???

really?

don't you want to grow the promotion and get actual reactions to the product, not just the same 500 people week in and week out who are more concerned about going into business for themselves than watching the in-ring action

You have to consider the financials of it along with the logistics. It take a LOT of money to shoot a show on the road. I always said that I want to see them do it but they have to be in a position to do it. Even when Raw started they didn't immediately tape in a new location every week and WWF was a huge company at the time.

If TNA does it and it doesn't begin to pay off they aren't growing. They have to begin to build a fanbase that will make it worthwhile and that will allow them to tape on the road and that will allow them to continue to grow a fanbase etc. They're interconnected.

Hopefully they can keep taping Impacts on the road from time to time because i think it helps the shows a lot but if they can't then I understand why. Sometimes its not enough..especially if the product they PRESENT on the road at tv tapings is poor.

Something tells me Ricardo Rodriguez will end breaking away from Alberto Del Rio and do his own thing. Maybe bring in The Ascension, check this out:

[YT]IhQpBHzxXTI[/YT]

He sounds like a mexican Jonah Hill

The Impact Zone sucks. TNA had better crowds in Nashville at The Asylum. They should look for another location to shoot TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"