The Wrestling Thread Is The Wrestling Thread 365 Days A Year! - Part 249

Discussion in 'Misc. TV Series' started by Thread Manager, Jan 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DOBSON10

DOBSON10 Custom User Title

Watched the extended highlights of Fastlane, looked pretty boring overall, not that interested in most of the Smackdown roster to be honest. Best part of the show for me was seeing the Bludgeon Brothers destroy New Day & the Uso's.

Going to be interesting to see what they do after Mania when 3 of their 4 major Singles Champions can't cut a promo to save their lives. Nakamura & Asuka can't speak more than a sentence of English and Roman is a bore on the mic, not sure how they're supposed to sell storylines when none of them can talk. Going to have to pit them against some heel talkers to carry the mic work once the rematches are over if that's the people they're going with long term.

Semi-Surprised that it looks like they're going to have Asuka take Charlotte's belt, I thought for sure they would serve Alexa up for Asuka. Personally, I hope Charlotte wins and ends this dumb streak so they can stop pretending that Asuka is so much better than the rest of the girls.

Wondering where they are going to fit Seth Rollins in at this point, seems like he's without a dance partner at the moment. Hoping at some point to see him and A.J. Styles have a match, that's a match I would look forward to a bit.

Kinda funny that they think anyone is buying that they won't come up with something for Cena, he's not missing Wrestlemania lol...

2. Broseph44

Broseph44 Witness Me

Man they are trying so so hard and going out of their way to get Roman over. The whole promo tonight with him and Vince, Jesus Christ.

3. DarthSkywalker

DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You

And it just makes people like him less. It has the exact opposite result of what they want.

4. Angryfantasyfan

Angryfantasyfan Well-Known Member

Horrible segment. They couldn't just let Jax figure out Bliss was manipulating her?

5. Dr. Evil

Dr. Evil Well-Known Member

Probably busy talking to her cousin....

:o

6. Loki882

Loki882 Well-Known Member

Yes WWE, name your big women's match after a complete monster like Moolah. That isn't tone deaf at all (sarcasm). You deserve whatever PR blowback comes your way on this one.

It could have been Mildred Burke, or Mae Young, or Alundra Blayze, or Chyna, or Trish Stratus, or Lita, etc. Pretty much ANYONE else besides Moolah would have been better.

7. Dr. Evil

The WWE's defense will probably be "well the Pro Football Hall of Fame has OJ Simpson and he's a murderer!"

8. Loki882

Loki882 Well-Known Member

But the NFL doesn't lionize/hold OJ up on a pedestal these days (he's rarely acknowledged at all from what I've seen). Also he was put in the NFL HOF BEFORE the murders happened. So it was just a case of not undoing something that had already happened, they didn't give him MORE honors afterwards.

9. Dr. Evil

This is true about OJ, but I would not be surprised if that is the WWE's defense in naming something after the Fabulous Moolah. I would not expect OJ to be invited to this year's Pro Football Hall of Fame ceremony.

About the Kid Rock Hall of Fame induction, would there be this much outrage if it was Lawrence Taylor? All of the issues he had off the field came during the years he was playing and even continued after he was done. Honestly, I think there would have been more of an outrage about the Celebrity Hall of Famer if it was Lawrence Taylor.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  10. Dr. Evil

At least it's not Lawrence Taylor.

11. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Well-Known Member

The fans can believe when it's Daniel Bryan in this type of role. Not Roman Reigns.

12. Broseph44

Broseph44 Witness Me

Exactly, when it’s Reigns we know it doesn’t feel real or believable because it isn’t. It’s so manufactured and pushed upon us. The biggest pop Roman got from last night was when Vince said he suspended him. The crowd absolutely loved that. The rest of the stuff between him and Vince was just funny in a bad eye rolling way.

13. Darkness Falls

Darkness Falls We Could Be Heroes.....

i liked kid rock's song for american bad*** taker
    that's the extent of my kid rock enjoyment with wwe

14. WereCoyote

WereCoyote Well-Known Member

Could we see Carmella cash in on Alexa Bliss at Mania to complete the swap? Since Askua is leaving Raw, maybe Carmella is heading to Raw at Mania.

15. WereCoyote

Actually I think this story would have worked, had they done it 3-4 years ago. But its too late now, we've all seen that when Roman talks about Vince's boy, he isn't talking about Brock, he's talking about himself.

16. famicommander

famicommander Well-Known Member

How can anyone act surprised about the Moolah thing?

Have we all forgotten the Warrior Award?

Their tribute to Jimmy Snuka, who beat his girlfriend to death with his bare hands and then got away with it due to the intervention of Vince McMahon?

The white washing of Steve Austin's serial woman beatings?

The Hall of Fame being populated by:
    Donald Trump (megalomaniac bigot politician)
    Abdullah the Butcher (intentionally gave people hepatitis)
    Mike Tyson (convicted rapist)
    Jimmy Snuka (see above)
    Moolah (pimp, thief, sexual abuser)
    Jesse Ventura (all around ******)
    Sunny (two decades and running of a total trainwreck)
    Ultimate Warrior (massive bigot and all around monster)
    Randy Savage (my all time favorite, but another woman beater)
    Michael Hayes (racist)
    Snoop Dogg (wheel man for a fatal drive by shooting)

The McMahons are bad people who protect and elevate other bad people.

17. Dr. Evil

Here's an idea for the WWE:

- Just name every single trophy and award after Dwayne Johnson or his family. The Peter Maivia Award or the Ata Maivia Battle Royal

It gets less outrage from the media, and while it is perceived as kissing his ass everybody in Hollywood does that, so it's not uncommon.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  18. Kane52630

Kane52630 Something's gotta stop the flow

[​IMG]

19. WereCoyote

Maybe they're trying to get him to allow them to use his songs in their archived footage?

20. Dr. Evil

Or even for entrance themes so that they don't have to pay a huge amount.

21. WereCoyote

Thats what I was meaning the entrance themes from the archived footage. Or did you mean for new star entrances on the current product?

22. Dr. Evil

Both.

23. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Well-Known Member

Wrestling is a scummy business. If it bothers you that much, just watch Being the Elite and NJPW except when Michael Elgin comes on.

You forgot about Ric Flair. Ric Flair has plenty of skeletons in his closet as well that every fan tends to overlook. Also Scott Hall and Kevin Nash.

To me there's no evidence of Ultimate Warrior being a monster. He definitely said some pretty awful things, but WWE also went after him with the 2005 DVD release and it was pretty much a hit piece that totally buried him.

What I will say is that Warrior should've apologized or made amends to the likes of Bobby Heenan and Droz. I'm disappointed he never did that before he died, but such is life. At the same time, Heenan went after him hard on the DVD, and I imagine that's why he said those things.

You can trash Ultimate Warrior for his verbal remarks, fine. But you can't sit here and tell me he wasn't one of the stop stars in the business in the late 80s and early 90s. And no he wasn't an in-ring technician, but how many top guys in WWE actually were at that point? So to trash him for that on his DVD was stupid.

I mean that character he created was a great character. He was crazy and his promos were crazy, but that's why they worked. Ultimate Warrior was like this wild unpredictable madman from like another dimension or outerspace. For that period of wrestling it worked, and the fans loved it. Meanwhile, now you have Roman Reigns and his THE GUY schtick that everyone hates.

Ultimate Warrior didn't want to be one of the boys. Boo ****ing hoo. Why does he have to be one of the boys? To be respected among a group of peers who are admittedly also scumbags in a scummy business? He didn't want to play their political games and kept to himself. He was friendlier with the staff and workers because he didn't want to be friends with the boys. God forbid he didn't join Shawn Michaels' Kliq to take control of WWE and show them the right way to run the show!

24. nite-owl

nite-owl Well-Known Member

25. Flash525

Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

Someone is (or was?) a Warrior fan... :drl:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.