The Wrestling Thread Is The Wrestling Thread 365 Days A Year! - Part 249

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wrestling is a scummy business. If it bothers you that much, just watch Being the Elite and NJPW except when Michael Elgin comes on.

You forgot about Ric Flair. Ric Flair has plenty of skeletons in his closet as well that every fan tends to overlook. Also Scott Hall and Kevin Nash.

To me there's no evidence of Ultimate Warrior being a monster. He definitely said some pretty awful things, but WWE also went after him with the 2005 DVD release and it was pretty much a hit piece that totally buried him.

What I will say is that Warrior should've apologized or made amends to the likes of Bobby Heenan and Droz. I'm disappointed he never did that before he died, but such is life. At the same time, Heenan went after him hard on the DVD, and I imagine that's why he said those things.

You can trash Ultimate Warrior for his verbal remarks, fine. But you can't sit here and tell me he wasn't one of the stop stars in the business in the late 80s and early 90s. And no he wasn't an in-ring technician, but how many top guys in WWE actually were at that point? So to trash him for that on his DVD was stupid.

I mean that character he created was a great character. He was crazy and his promos were crazy, but that's why they worked. Ultimate Warrior was like this wild unpredictable madman from like another dimension or outerspace. For that period of wrestling it worked, and the fans loved it. Meanwhile, now you have Roman Reigns and his THE GUY schtick that everyone hates.

Ultimate Warrior didn't want to be one of the boys. Boo ****ing hoo. Why does he have to be one of the boys? To be respected among a group of peers who are admittedly also scumbags in a scummy business? He didn't want to play their political games and kept to himself. He was friendlier with the staff and workers because he didn't want to be friends with the boys. God forbid he didn't join Shawn Michaels' Kliq to take control of WWE and show them the right way to run the show!
His remarks? He was homophobic and a racist. He was a complete bigot. Are you seriously trying to play that down?

His remarks? He was homophobic and a racist. He was a complete bigot. Are you seriously trying to play that down?
Another Hogan then? :whatever:

An industry full of corruption. Wouldn't surprise me if most of the talent had some skeletons in their closet, though I'm sure there are a few good examples; the likes of Daniel Bryan - always seems legit and a genuine nice guy, same goes for Cena, Rock, Jericho, Kane and Undertaker (though the latter understandably likes to keep his personal life ... personal). I don't know too much about the newer talent mind you.

29178159_1879072755437102_7146424814401790846_n.jpg

An industry full of corruption. Wouldn't surprise me if most of the talent had some skeletons in their closet, though I'm sure there are a few good examples; the likes of Daniel Bryan - always seems legit and a genuine nice guy, same goes for Cena, Rock, Jericho, Kane and Undertaker (though the latter understandably likes to keep his personal life ... personal). I don't know too much about the newer talent mind you.
These aren't skeletons in the closest. This is being an openly bigoted, awful human being. This isn't being an ******* like CM Punk. This is being a legitimately, all time awful human being. That WM 6 featured a pair of bigots in the main event is not a thing to be celebrated.

These aren't skeletons in the closest. This is being an openly bigoted, awful human being. This isn't being an ******* like CM Punk. This is being a legitimately, all time awful human being. That WM 6 featured a pair of bigots in the main event is not a thing to be celebrated.
You'll get no argument from me! :)

No. I can't defend the things Warrior said. At the same time, many of WWE's most respected talents and executives are guilty of things that are just as bad if not worse.

What about Triple H's remarks?

What about Stone Cold Steve Austin being a wife beater?

People tend to play all those things down. They condemn the Warrior, but then they will celebrate someone else.

As far as homophobic remarks, AJ Styles used those terms very liberally on the independent scene over 10 years ago. AJ Styles who is the current WWE world champion.

Ronda Rousey?

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/1/...eo-sandy-hook-shootings-government-conspiracy

Last edited:

Cena cheated on his first wife with Mickie James. The Rock said that he got into some trouble as a teenager.

Cena cheated on his first wife with Mickie James. The Rock said that he got into some trouble as a teenager.
Ask Kenny Dykstra about John Cena sometime. Just because he's John Cena, does that make it OK? He also had an affair with Victoria while she was married.

No. I can't defend the things Warrior said. At the same time, many of WWE's most respected talents and executives are guilty of things that are just as bad if not worse.

What about Triple H's remarks?

What about Stone Cold Steve Austin being a wife beater?

People tend to play all those things down. They condemn the Warrior, but then they will celebrate someone else.

As far as homophobic remarks, AJ Styles used those terms very liberally on the independent scene over 10 years ago. AJ Styles who is the current WWE world champion.

Ronda Rousey?

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/1/...eo-sandy-hook-shootings-government-conspiracy
So why would you join the parade of playing it down? A guy who said it was good that a man died because he played a gay character in the film.

Your argument is to move the blame, while ignoring what one of your favorites did.

So why would you join the parade of playing it down? A guy who said it was good that a man died because he played a gay character in the film.

Your argument is to move the blame, while ignoring what one of your favorites did.
I don't agree, and I will never defend him saying those things. I still like the work he did in the ring and respect the work he did.

But it seems wrestling fans are willing to downplay and overlook things when it's convenient for their favorites.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...financial-issues-profiled-in-mainstream-story

http://grantland.com/features/the-wrestler-real-life/

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but as vile as some of Warrior's comments were (and boy were they, and I despise that they lionize him these days with an award named after him, what a joke), or some of those other incidents. Being a pimp who prostitutes underage girls out, screws them out of money, ruins they careers if they complain, and drugging them to make the more compliant, is on a whole different level.

Also many people in the now would tell you that Moolah did more to HURT the state of Women's Wrestling in the US than she did to help it.

And you know what, I might have something to say if WWE ever tried to make a "Ric Flair memorial tournament" or something, but they haven't. What's next the "Chris Benoit memorial family grappling contest," or the "Jimmy Snuka memorial hotel brawl."

It's also incredibly tone deaf given that they want to brag about how they take the women more seriously these days.

Darren Young said CM Punk and Randy Orton were super supportive of him when he came out.

Asuka’s promos are just cringe to me and they are weird. Her English is eh and like last night’s promo I’m just like what is she doing? These weird gyrations and dancing etc I dunno and the nobody is ready for Asuka stuff. I dunno tough for me to watch sometimes. I don’t enjoy her promos at all. Hurts my ears.

If life was fair, Moolah would be getting the Chris Benoit treatment from WWE. What a vile POS human being she was. I'm glad she's dead and that word is getting around about the evil things she did.

Its absurd that Hogan gets blacklisted for using a racial slur in a private conversation from like a decade ago, but WWE continues to treat Warrior like a saint.

But why though?

I think him and Saliva have the record for most songs used for WWE PPVs.

Last edited:
I'll chip in my two cents: in my heart, I've forgiven Warrior, and when I think of him, I think of the way he made me feel as a 10-year-old kid watching wrestling.

He said some bad things, and yes, words like that can hurt a lot of people, especially fellow members of the LGBT community. Words like that incite people to commit violence against the gay community, and can contribute to young gay people's despair and suicidal thoughts.

But around the time of his death, it was clear to me that he was really trying to atone for some of his past actions. Maybe he would have apologized for his homophobic remarks, maybe he would never have. Never really got the chance to prove it either way. But there's something very sudden yet poetic about the way he died, makes me want to give him the benefit of the doubt.

An affair is slightly different to being a bigot, sexist, or racist though. As for the Rock (as a teenager); I'm sure a lot of people do stupid things when growing up and finding themselves, but as a person, I don't think Dwayne is a bad guy - neither do I think Cena is.

Moolah was before my time, but I am curious what she did and why she was hated?

An affair is slightly different to being a bigot, sexist, or racist though. As for the Rock (as a teenager); I'm sure a lot of people do stupid things when growing up and finding themselves, but as a person, I don't think Dwayne is a bad guy - neither do I think Cena is.

Moolah was accused of being a sex trafficker.

Dwayne is far from being a bad guy. He has admitted that the stuff he did as a teen was immaturity more than anything. He loves his parents and his two daughters. The one blemish he has had as an adult is that he's divorced, but even that he makes it work since his ex-wife is his business partner and I believe her current husband gets along great with Dwayne and I think works with him in his Seven Bucks Production Company.

Why are any of you surprised with any of this?

The WWE only cares about something if the mainstream media cares about it.

If the general public knew about Moolah's past, she'd be buried so far we'd never knew she was a wrestler. They don't, so WWE can keep on doing whatever they want to do.

It's not right, but it's par for course for them.

Flash525 said:

Mad Maxine said:
The Fabulous Moolah was a real-life heel. A lot of women paid to train at her school and then went out on the road. They risked life and limb in their matches and she repaid them with the worst kinds of abuses. She skimmed their money, she ignored women who were badly hurt, she pimped women out to creepy men and on and on. She was not a mother figure. She was more like Kali, the Indian Goddess of Destruction. I met her in my early 20s and I had never met such a monstrous person.

I was smart enough to get the hell away from her and start my own independent career in Tampa as part of the Championship Wrestling from Florida. Luna Vachon, Peggy Fowler and I all left together, which I hope put a serious dent in her confidence, if not wallet.

I understand why Moolah was so grotesque. Her family was dirt poor and she determined that she was never going to be hungry again. But it doesn’t excuse her dog-eat-dog behavior. I’d much rather see WWE establish a named match for outstanding wrestlers (and decent human beings) like Susan ‘Tex’ Green, Beverly Shade, Leilani Kai, Wendi Richter, Princess Victoria or Joyce Grable. They all put their hearts and souls into wrestling for decades and helped others along the way.

But wrestling isn’t PC. It’s about generating heat. And you can’t draw more heat than naming a match for The Fabulous Moolah. May she be the last of her kind.

Her story about Moolah is just one of many (Sweet Georgia Brown, Wendi Richter, Leilani Kai, etc.)

Just name everything after Mae Young....problem solved.

That's unfortunately true. I don't know how much of his old blog entries are still online, but I remember reading a sizeable portion of Warrior's Machete around 10 years ago. It went far beyond the usual personality/professional conflicts of the pro wrestling business. Warrior seemed to have an ax to grind with a new group of people almost every week, and to say that his attacks lacked diplomacy would be an understatement.

People always draw the line under their favourites when it comes to there transgressions, the problem with the Warrior and Moolah situations is that WWE are putting them on pedestals with awards and battle royale's named after them.

Bobby Fish injury has rumored to put him out for four months. They should have Strong turn heel and take his spot in Undisputed Era until Fish returns.

Aleister Black quipping short jokes at Zelina was unexpected.

[YT]3Pf5x15SQHE[/YT]

Rusev blocks Ryback on Instagram Live! We're going to find out tomorrow if this steroid story is hogwash or people are getting suspended.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back