Sequels The X-FORCE Official Thread - Part 1

And it's not the first time Fox featured 1 and done characters. Thankfully I dont care about Zeitgeist and Bedlam. Though Shatterstar would be such a waste. They already wasted Rictor.

It looks like Lewis tan has confirmed on Twitter he is playing shatterstar. That’s so hot. I hope they keep his bisexuality. A bisexual Lewis tan is already making me sweaty

Holy mother of jesus, I didn't know him

HFHLewisTan.jpg

Yeah that was definitely his breakout moment. And he would have made an amazing Danny.

Holy mother of jesus, I didn't know him

HFHLewisTan.jpg

I know, he’s just so... :ilv::hmr:

Hope he is great to further punctuate Marvel's mistake of not making him Rand.

I'm less annoyed that they didn't cast him as Iron Fist, and more annoyed that they cast Finn Jones at all.

I like Finn jones normally but I don’t think anyone walked out of that decision looking good. I hate to say it but I think it did more harm than good to his career

Shatterstar? Is this guy in the trailer?

I guess I'll read X-Factor 205 then. in anticipation :p

Last edited:
Go for it, xfactor is so good.

And yes you can see the tiniest glimpse of him behind deadpool during the team shot

Jeff Wadlow on why his version of X-Force never came to fruition.

“I wrote a draft and they really liked it. They just reached a critical moment, where they were deciding whether they were going to make Deadpool or X-Force. I’ve always loved Deadpool and I tried to rehabilitate him in my X-Force movie because, like the rest of the fans, I felt like they totally screwed it up in X-Men: Origins. I had actually been talking to Ryan Reynolds about playing him in my X-Force movie, but my X-Force movie was much more focused on Cable and the New Mutants becoming this paramilitary unit. So, Fox was trying to decide whether they going to do the Deadpool solo movie or my X-Force movie. Fortunately, they picked the Deadpool solo movie because it’s great. Fortunately for the world, I should say, but unfortunately for me. But, I have no complaints about the process. I’m a huge fan of Ryan’s and I loved the Deadpool solo movie. I’m super excited for Deadpool 2. It’s a little bit of a bummer, but that’s life in the big leagues.”

“When I pitched for it, I said, ‘If X-Men is about the mutants that get to go to private school, I want to make a movie about the mutants that go to public school. They’re the kids that don’t have a jet swooping down to help them, with Hugh Jackman and Patrick Stewart. What’s it like when you don’t have those guys helping you out and you’re forced to figure out who you are in this world?’”

http://collider.com/jeff-wadlow-x-force-movie-plans/#masters-of-the-universe

Do they really think they will have time to make xforce before the merger happens? I don’t think it will be the mcu’s first priority afterwards

Why wouldn't they? Or why should they be worried?

Do they really think they will have time to make xforce before the merger happens? I don’t think it will be the mcu’s first priority afterwards

Haven't they said Summer of 2019 as an optimistic date for regulatory approval? I've also heard people say "end of 2019."

It's also not like everything both studios are working on comes to a screeching halt, should this receive regulatory approval. Heck, Bob Iger even indicated that part of the reason he chose to stay was to see this through its completion, which probably wouldn't be until 2021. Not like if/when the government and all parties approve, everything just stops.

Why wouldn't they? Or why should they be worried?

Yeah, if Deadpool 2 comes anywhere near its opening weekend BO projections ($150M), the follow up will be a slam dunk guaranteed hit. This isn't a Kitty Pride: Her First Aventure!, Dr. Doom: Origins or Gambit:The Movie situation. If the deal closes before X-Force is completed Iger will be all smiles as he adds X:Force's take to Disney's domination at the BO.

So, I'm guessing this comes out early 2020? You know, to account for everyone's reshoot schedules. That is if they start filming in late October, they'll finish around February and so reshoots around August?

Well I suppose if you’re going to have a last cab out the rank it should be deadpool so he can make fun of the merger. And we definitely know dark Phoenix doesn’t succeed in setting fire to the universe now lol

Thathashtagshow.com says X-Force has entered pre-production for an October start of principal photography.

http://thathashtagshow.com/2018/04/confirmed-zazie-beetz-joins-drew-goddards-x-force/

I find the reports about X-Force filming this year pretty puzzling.

Goddard was announce for it last September, when he was in pre-production for Bad Times at the El Royale, which started filming early this year and has an October release date. So Bad Times already has a very rushed schedule, Goddard is going to be flat out on that until October.

So I'm wondering how on earth he could possibly find time to do all this X-Force stuff, ie write & rewrite the script, do pre-production on top of the already condensed production & post-production for Bad Times, and then start filming immediately after Bad Times comes out.

Even if he had a script for X-Force before the announcement last September, it all just sounds like far too much. So I'd be very surprised if that report was true. I expect this won't start pre-production until after Bad Times is complete in October, and start filming some time next year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"