Sequels The X-FORCE Official Thread - Part 1

They’re probably having a meeting about which power displays they’d want and then choose the appropriate character there after.

I hope Reynolds notices all the demand for Psylocke here.

Him and Munn together on screen would likely have a fun chemistry too.

I would rather prefer to see Psylocke neXt in a MCU film. Fox's version of these characters are going nowhere after Disney get the rights. So as much as I like Olivia in the role. Its kinda pointless to redeem Psylocke for a 1 and done film. When in the MCU, she could appear for a handful of films.

They’re probably having a meeting about which power displays they’d want and then choose the appropriate character there after.

Or, you know, pull an X3 Callisto (or a Deadpool Negasonic, or any number of examples from this franchise) and give specific non-canon powers to random Mutants.

yikes!
I just cant wait to see Feige taking the reigns over Kinberg, that man is poison for the x-men.

yikes!
I just cant wait to see Feige taking the reigns over Kinberg, that man is poison for the x-men.

Its sad but when i see you was the last person to post on here i instantly thought i bet he mentions Simon Kinberg and i open the thread and it turns out you did.

I doubt Simon Kinberg is telling Drew or Ryan how to think when it comes to X-Force.

Ryan on X-Force

“I just wanna work with Drew. I mean, I love him and he has such an interesting take on where he wants to take that world. I see it being a real ensemble on a lot of levels just because I think it’s interesting for Deadpool to kinda function in the way he does in his own universe. You always get to sort of find some way to position him as the underdog or take everything away from him, but for him to function in an ensemble [in X-Force] is a lot of fun. I think there’s a real opportunity to not burden the narrative by shattering Wade’s life, so then at the beginning our movie you get to have him just be part of the team, which is obviously a very challenging prospect for someone like Wade Wilson. So, I’m really excited about that. I’m excited about a couple new characters that we’re talking about. And I’m really especially excited to work with Drew. He’s just amazing.”

“There’s a storyline that everyone’s happy with, but there isn’t a script yet. That’s yet to come.”

“It really is at the moment—and maybe it’s an illusion, and maybe I’m naïve—but it’s business as usual at Fox. I also like to think, and again I don’t know anything, I’m not an executive over there, but I like to think that the acquisition of Fox, by whether be it Comcast, Disney, or Myspace for ****’s sakes, I like to think that whoever buys Fox is buying it to keep intact, and to allow it to be its own entity. I mean, it’s a valuable asset, it’s under a totally different set of rules and leadership. So, I don’t know, I would assume that it’s just gonna be business as usual, but **** if I know.”

“It’s all story first. I don’t think anybody’s thinking about the rating. I mean, my sort of wild guess would be that it would be an R-rated movie, but again, right now we’re just assembling the troops to figure out what story we would tell. And it’s a ways away from shooting still, and I don’t even have an idea as to the exact date. But yeah, we’ll see. Story first though.”

http://collider.com/x-force-movie-update-ryan-reynolds/

Last edited:
I’m not an executive over there, but I like to think that the acquisition of Fox, by whether be it Comcast, Disney, or Myspace for ****’s sakes,

Now there's a plot twist worthy of Deadpool 5: Acquired by Myspace.

Its sad but when i see you was the last person to post on here i instantly thought i bet he mentions Simon Kinberg and i open the thread and it turns out you did.

I doubt Simon Kinberg is telling Drew or Ryan how to think when it comes to X-Force.

Ask that to your friend, and he will tell u

But you are probably right, producers dont have an imput on the creative side

based of what I heard about Cable in Deadpool 2 I wonder if he'll use time travel to assemble his X-Force team. I'd love it if he recruits Psylocke and Angel and bring them into the future. the team will definitely need annotate kick ass fighter and female.

Considering Deadpool's inexplicable existence in X-Men continuity, I doubt time travel would be needed. The series so far has recast most returning characters though, so I'm not sure Munn would be back.

I’m dying to see munn, she’s got a good sense of humour plus it’s a good opportunity to cover the romance of Archangel and Psylocke

On a more general level: color me excited that Fox poached Drew Goddard from Sony for this (poor guy spent what 3 years trying to get Sinister Six off the ground). I've been a fan of his since his very first TV episode, and he's amassed an impressive filmography in terms of scale and quality. I'm doubly excited that Deadpool 2 has served in large part as something of a soft pilot for the franchise, Ryan Reynolds has been talking it up as the future for the character as opposed to more straight Deadpool movies. I really hope they let it have the R-rating so they can continue to transgress the normal superhero movie boundaries. I firmly hope they keep One of the Guys Who had John Wick's Dog Killed as director, or at least as action coordinator (either have someone who can do both or divide the damn jobs like the Russo brothers do). If they can build off the momentum they've already built up this could be a huge franchise:

http://variety.com/2018/film/news/deadpool-3-x-force-ryan-reynolds-1202810560/

I would love to see more Munnlocke.

qBrdfRs.gif

After seeing DP2, I'm really excited to see where this movie could go. Lots of opportunity for them to make a better X-team movie than the actual X-men movies have been.

^ How's this a good thing? As a fan, I would want a good X-Men film before a good X-Force/spin-off film where the X-Men are portrayed better through cameos than they are in their main installments.

Also for Fantastic Four as well.

Whatever happened to the FF rights? My dad was recently saying he's quite disappointed to see Avengers blow up like this when FF has gotten the worst comicbook movies ever made (his words). He used to be a big fan of Fantastic Four and Spider-Man back in the day, and he loves Avengers nonetheless. I mean, he loves what they're doing and he really enjoys the MCU Spider-Man! I think it's fair for Marvel to get everything back from Fox. Marvel is about both business and loyalty to the fans. Fox is mostly business.

Last edited:
X-Force was pathetic in DP2....LOL

If we were to ever get an onscreen movie, I want it to be Cable, Domino, Deadpool, Psylocke and Warpath. Good blend of classic and modern adaptations plus what was set up in the movieverse. Also I want it to have a more serious and dark tone. I dont want it to feel like Deadpool 3.

X-Force was pathetic in DP2....LOL

If we were to ever get an onscreen movie, I want it to be Cable, Domino, Deadpool, Psylocke and Warpath. Good blend of classic and modern adaptations plus what was set up in the movieverse. Also I want it to have a more serious and dark tone. I dont want it to feel like Deadpool 3.

It's going to be interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"