Sequels The X-FORCE Official Thread - Part 1

X-Force was pathetic in DP2....LOL

If we were to ever get an onscreen movie, I want it to be Cable, Domino, Deadpool, Psylocke and Warpath. Good blend of classic and modern adaptations plus what was set up in the movieverse. Also I want it to have a more serious and dark tone. I dont want it to feel like Deadpool 3.

X-Force was a joke in D2, a bigger joke than the Mandarin in IM3.

It would go forward, but they could have removed them in the film and it wouldn't change the main plot of the film. While Domino could have gotten a better introduction most Xpecially, she was tortured in the same place as Firefist.

It would go forward, but they could have removed them in the film and it wouldn't change the main plot of the film. While Domino could have gotten a better introduction most Xpecially, she was tortured in the same place as Firefist.
alot of what was in this could have been removed and it wouldnt have changed the main plot. This movie was an action comedy and alot of what was in here was for the jokes, not to progress any kind of story which was weak and stupid. This film is what it is and knows that. It wasnt trying to take anything about itself seriously. Alot of the jokes didnt land but X-Force did. They were a highlight her

It was funny but story wise, it didn't service the story of the film. That's like having an amazing action sequence for an action film but it has nothing to do with the main story. Basically, it was eXtraneous. He could have met Domino somewhere else and gave Domino a more meaningful role, while the rest could have been saved for another film.

Sounds very funny... You should write movies.

People are selling the X-Force component of the movie short as Cable and Domino are both extremely important members, and in this iteration, Deadpool is added in and most likely Colossus. So we have four members fully realized and working together by the end of Deadpool 2, so the team was more than just a punchline. And both Negasonic and Yukio could easily join in the mix.

Going forward I think it would be cool if this team ended up as better than what we've gotten in the X-Men films, but that's not in anyway hoping for failure from those.

When it comes to people who want to see Psylocke back: that would be for the X-Men movies where she is already established, a bunch of random posts on this forum will not somehow make that happen, and her type of role has already been more than filled by Domino. I hope for more females on the team, but they should fill in different roles.

One of the only characters I could really see crossing over would be Quicksilver as Evan Peters has expressed interest, or failing that they could make a new version of Quicksilver as there are still a few castmembers from Kick-Ass who haven't played him yet.

Last edited:
It was funny but story wise, it didn't service the story of the film. That's like having an amazing action sequence for an action film but it has nothing to do with the main story. Basically, it was eXtraneous. He could have met Domino somewhere else and gave Domino a more meaningful role, while the rest could have been saved for another film.

and the problem with that is? That pretty much describes the Fast and the Furious films and most people that go and see those films do it for the spectacle, not bc they tell a great story. This wasnt trying to tell one. It was silly, stupid and over the top. It would be a different type of film if it tried to be anything more meaningful than what it was

People are selling the X-Force component of the movie short as Cable and Domino are both extremely important members, and in this iteration, Deadpool is added in and most likely Colossus. So we have four members fully realized and working together by the end of Deadpool 2, so the team was more than just a punchline. And both Negasonic and Yukio could easily join in the mix.

Going forward I think it would be cool if this team ended up as better than what we've gotten in the X-Men films, but that's not in anyway hoping for failure from those.

When it comes to people who want to see Psylocke back: that would be for the X-Men movies where she is already established, a bunch of random posts on this forum will not somehow make that happen, and her type of role has already been more than filled by Domino. I hope for more females on the team, but they should fill in different roles.

One of the only characters I could really see crossing over would be Quicksilver as Evan Peters has expressed interest, or failing that they could make a new version of Quicksilver as there are still a few castmembers from Kick-Ass who haven't played him yet.

Cable and Colossus werent a part of X-Force in this film. People arent selling X-Force short here, bc X-Force was a joke. They werent intended to be. We may have the foundation for a future X-Force lineup, but the original incarnation was parody. With that said Colossus shouldnt be added if they were to do a film. He's an X-men and really sticks by his moral compass of no killing. I dont think he'd fit into a kill squad nor do I think him opposing everyone in the group's knack for violence would work. On a similar note, NSTW's tension with Deadpool works here, but I dont think it should be in X-Force. X-Force really needs to be and feel like its own thing, and not just an extension of DP, bc just recycling all the characters makes it seem more like a sequel than spinoff.

If they do it, Cable should be the central, POV character for one. Domino and Deadpool work but they need to get at least 2-3 new characters. Make it more serious and have an actual decent story.

I dont see why Psylocke cant be here. She offers an interesting power set with her psi-weapons whereas Domino has her guns. Psylocke got little to no character development in Apocalypse so she'd be a blank slate that a director can have fit any role necessary to fit in with this group.

Last edited:
alot of what was in this could have been removed and it wouldnt have changed the main plot. This movie was an action comedy and alot of what was in here was for the jokes, not to progress any kind of story which was weak and stupid. This film is what it is and knows that. It wasnt trying to take anything about itself seriously. Alot of the jokes didnt land but X-Force did. They were a highlight her

Every single plot point was literally reversed by those aftercredits.

At my theatre, most jokes did not land--same neighbourhood I saw Dr Strange at, but not the same theatre, mostly crickets at my Dr Strange showing too. Though all the Deadpool 2 "Canada" jokes got a hearty haha from the audience, and of course the Vancouver locations got people talking.

[BLACKOUT]Speaking of the aftercredits, was Peter's demise the only one that was reversed or were all of theirs' (including Shattershar's)?

I hope Cable, Negasonic and Yukio go the way of the First Class Brotherhood at the end of that movie.[/BLACKOUT]

Cable, Domino and Red sound like a good foundation for an X-force.

Last edited:
Speaking of the aftercredits, [BLACKOUT]was Peter's demise the only one that was reversed or were all of theirs' (including Shatterstar's)[/BLACKOUT]?
[BLACKOUT]Just his.[/BLACKOUT]

What’s expected to come next? This or Deadpool 3?

I thought [BLACKOUT]Zeitgeist wasn't in the woodchipper behind him[/BLACKOUT] in that aftercredit?

That would happen right after. Movie only explicitly shows one exchange.

That would happen right after. Movie only explicitly shows one exchange.

That was my first thought when I saw it: [BLACKOUT]that Deadpool only explicitly saved him, and I did find it weird at the time (but mostly fits with the narrative of this franchise of not caring about actual comic book characters).

But then I read someone else mention that the scene hinted at him saving every single one of them so I doubted my initial reading of the scene.[/BLACKOUT]

Funnily enough I was on set when they were filming all that, but we were blocked from seeing most of it. I did post the first pic of the "[BLACKOUT]Pryor's[/BLACKOUT] Treats" icecream truck on twitter and revealed how it's an easter egg.

That was my first thought when I saw it: [BLACKOUT]that Deadpool only explicitly saved him, and I did find it weird at the time (but mostly fits with the narrative of this franchise of not caring about actual comic book characters).

But then I read someone else mention that the scene hinted at him saving every single one of them so I doubted my initial reading of the scene.[/BLACKOUT]

Funnily enough I was on set when they were filming all that, but we were blocked from seeing most of it. I did post the first pic of the "[BLACKOUT]Pryor's[/BLACKOUT] Treats" icecream truck on twitter and revealed how it's an easter egg.
Cool.

Honestly for the whole superhero jumping out of helicopter joke and forming a team for later sequels, I'm not in the least bit miff'd on what went down.
Enjoyed it and the resolution we do see immensely.

I got the sense [BLACKOUT]he only saved Peter[/BLACKOUT]. because its less funny if he saved them all and probably wouldn't have been worth an end credit scene.

I think the question is whether [blackout]saving Vanessa saved them all.[/blackout]

I think the question is whether [blackout]saving Vanessa saved them all.[/blackout]

Think at that point, they just decided the plot to saving the kid just stayed the way it is because otherwise that wouldn't happen either.

The X-Force in Deadpool 2 isn't what they have in mind for their future iteration of the X-Force. It was simply Wade's misguided attempt to form his own team, and the outcome fit perfectly with the character and his story. He was looking for a family and it all went downhill.

And he only saved

Peter, because he's the only one he really cared about, despite not remembering his name. So yeah, Shatterstar, Bedlam and Zeitgeist WON'T be part of the X-Force.

So far Deadpool, Cable and Domino are pretty much the only ones confirmed to be part of the team, even though I could see Colossus, Firefist, Negasonic and Yukio joining them, as well.

Last edited:
They could easily use that to bring all or some of them back.

In the Empire spoiler podcast Ryan Reynolds confirms that Peter is the only X-Force member saved by Deadpool. Shatterstar, Bedlam and Zeitgeist are all deaad.

In the Empire spoiler podcast Ryan Reynolds confirms that Peter is the only X-Force member saved by Deadpool. Shatterstar, Bedlam and Zeitgeist are all deaad.

Thing is though, not everyone will read that podcast, so they could ignore it if they want. I am a movie fan and didn't know about it myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"