Things you don't want to see happen in the next Superman movies

totally there is no need to make up a villain. There is a good handful who could hold a movie alone or even two villains. Only made up characters should be some random joe type character or backround daily planet/lexcorp/etc..... folks.

i don't want them to forget to bring up the villains name in the movies. have someone say it at least once. i don't want the villains ending up like Venom and Sandman in spidey 3 where their names were not mentioned at all.

Yea i agree there. They should be dubbed "X" name or come out and say the name they want folks to fear them by in film.

Cyborg Superman would love Supes to face off in the first film.

i don't want them forgetting to mention a villains name because then who would superman think he's fighting against, who would the villain they are and who would the audience members who can't name a superman villain other than Lex think is in the movie?

I don't wanna see Superman moping around. He should love being Superman.

I think it's been said, but it bears repeating; I do not want to see or hear the words 'real estate'.

It's old, but so true.

Yeah Superman needs to enjoy life and being a hero....not *****ing like Spiderman.

should killing off Lois, Perry, Jimmy, Ma and Pa Kent or Lex be off limits? also, if a much beloved character is killed off should the writer make up some excuse for them to survive or should they remain dead?

Yea dont need to kill lois/perry/jimmy/lex off for next film series.

no kryptonite. no no-brain superman.

oh totally, i still dont see what would have been an issue of a hundred foot robot guy, or bad place they could have gone ultimate comics ruote and he was a series of flying spaceships. But a freakin cosmic space cloud.

Well, let's see...

1) I don't want to see anymore attempts at Donner Nostalgia. I mean the films(Well, Donner did ONE of them anyway) wern't bad or anything, but if they aren't willing to move on from that then that's just sad.

2)Non-Powered villains. Seriously now, Superman needs a foe worthy of him. I could name the usual suspects, but we all know them. I'm not against Lex in the film, but there must be a point where something endangers Superman or his friends, and it can't always be bald men and Geography.

3)More Messianic/Christian allegories. Seriously, I'm probably as pro-religion than the next guy, but I think I have had enough of these. I want Superman to just be Superman, you know? Stop going there!

4) Ignoring Superman and other fantasy elements for mundane junk. Look, I feel the last film, as well as recent ones such as Transformers ROTF have made terrible mistakes. You have superinteresting things, like aliens, or alien robots or stuff like that, you remember that's what we payed to see. Grounded mundane stuff is important in a movie, but not at the expense of the really interesting stuff.

5)Jimmy Olsens bowtie. No, it's 201X and Jimmy Olsen can't be dressed like he just came back from the 40s.

6) The Superman characters being comepletely ignored. I mean, I don't expect all of them to have significant roles, but if you could have Cat Grant, Prof. Hamilton, or John Henry Irons please do not pass up the oportunity. If you can at least show that Superman's allies such as Supergirl exist, well that might be cool. Show some of the Superman mythos that haven't been seen in films yet!

totally i would love if more supporting guys had some roles next time around.

i don't want to see a regular person deliver the final blow to a villain if superman is hurt like Jimmy did to Metallo with battery acid in STAS. Superman's villains should be defeated by only Superman.

what about Clark doing some narrating like Peter Parker did in the Spiderman movies?

I like if they have a 1940s/2000s mix....Make Metropolis timeless...or just be noir style and have modern day like Metropolis but have it be norish.

I like if they have a 1940s/2000s mix....
Wasnt that how Singer's Metropolis was? Anyway, i like your idea.

Also, i agree with above posters that major characters should not die. And i'll include in those Pa Kent. I dont see why keeping him alive hurts so much. It was great in Lois and Clark.

I don't think Superman will have the ability to sustain six full movies. Most superheroes don't.
Why not? As long as they are good, they can keep churning them out. They have hardly scratched the surface of his psych, his rogues gallery and his world in the movies, so there's plenty of mythos to go around.
But i disagree with Fresh Prince that it would take 3 movies for Lex to finally become the evil mastermind. Just about 2nd or 3rd film is about right.

Yea most characters are luckly for 2-3 max. There is some that might be able to do it. But more times then not only way we are getting more then the standard 2-3 films is if there is any reboot/remake deals happening.
They reboot and remake the failures. Singer took a 30 year old movie franchise and tried to continue it and he failed. Bring the current age comics superman to life and have the movies follow and get inspired by his stories, and you can have good Superman movies till the year 3000.
Also, your avatar gives me a headache! :woot:
And Superman doesn't seem like he's got a big enough rogue's gallery to go more than three movies, unless people would be cool with villains returning or the director inventing new ones.
Superman's rogue's gallery is huge and most of his villains are great.
Its Ironman who has all the lame ones and yet they manage to keep the movies going. Because the seem to have found what the people want and they re giving it to them.

^^^ Yes, lots of Villains like that have challenged him in a fight. They are fun to read too.:woot:

There have been times he has had a fight with other hero heavy hitters too like WonderWoman, Shazam, Captain Atom, and even Batman (kryptonite ring).

He has had more fights than I care to list.

Superman is not an inexpereinced fighter, and I don't want to see him portrayed like he does not know how to fight.
He didnt know how to fight at first. He learned how to fight through experience and at first he only managed to survive because of his powers. Later when he has become friends with Batman, he trains him into unarmed combat. Needless to say that he trained for some time but not too long, so its not like he is a great martial artist. He knows a few moves and that's it.
Wonder Woman is probably the best martial artist in the DC Universe. A two thousand year old warrior, who has been training and fighting Gods for all this time. You dont **** with WW! Superman only beats her because he is more powerful than her. Strip them both of their powers and she'll kick his and Bruce's asses in a matter of seconds.

don't want to see any more NERF'ed badguys. Keep em tough.

nerf1%20%28Custom%29.JPG
ROFLMAO!!! :lmao:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"