The Dark Knight Things you noticed the second time

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammerhedd11

OHaiMark
Reaction score
What are some things you didn't catch the first time but did when you went back?
I only noticed little things:
After the Joker goon gets shocked, he wears his shoes on his hands.
And right before Twoface talks to Maroni in the car, you see one of Maroni's goons get pulled off to the side.
When Bruce saves Mr. Reese, they meet eyes for a brief moment and Bruce gives a look like, "yeah, I just saved your ass right after you tried to blackmail me" and Mr. Reese looks kinda scared.

mmm there were a few. I only noticed goon with shoes after seeing the opening for a second time (first time was December :p).
there were little things: like Lucius smiling when he realised his name shut down the sonar; seeing Wuertz driving the car that would take Dent to the warehouse, and Ramirez closing the door behind him; the Harvey Dent sticker Joker wore on his nurse outfit; seeing that Engel was one of the hostages at the end; and so on.

There was another nice touch that I noticed second time through. When Gordon comforts his son after he returns from the dead (when he says that he saved Batman), the music that plays is the same as the famous flashback scene of young Bruce using the stethoscope on his own father.

Ramirez mentions her mother in the very first scene with Gordon

When Batman tosses the Joker over the edge, the same EXACT music cue plays that played when he leaves Ra's on the train to die in Begins. I thought it was very interesting, as the music aided in conveying that Batman was again faced with a similar situation. However, we now see that his character has developed, as this time, he saved the person he was seemingly sending to their death.

The Batpod is made up of the front 2 tires of the Tumbler.

The look of dissappointment on Batman's face when he realizes he was given the false adress.

Joker in the line of officers right before he tried to kill the Mayor.

Those come to mind, I'm sure I'll think of some more.

Two-face changes his voice between personalities.

The Batpod is made up of the front 2 tires of the Tumbler.

I read about that after I saw the movie the first time; so when I saw the moving the second time I looked for it. And yeah you can see one tire rotating to become the back tire. Love to see the actual mechanics of that though. I know that scene was done with the CGI Tumbler so I wonder if they mechanically worked out how the transformation takes place; or did they cheat. :)

Joker uses the broken glass in the interrogation room as a knife to threaten the cop and get his one phone call.
Two-face takes off his seatbelt before he shoots Maroni's driver (maybe to escape from the car before it flips over).

Joker uses the broken glass in the interrogation room as a knife to threaten the cop and get his one phone call.
Two-face takes off his seatbelt before he shoots Maroni's driver (maybe to escape from the car before it flips over).

Actually, I think he put on his seatbelt.

good eye on the broken glass. He really played Batman and the cop well didn't he? :joker:

Michael Caine's tangerine line

The shoes on the goon's hands

I didn't realise the joker spasms was making fun of his goon the first time

Didn't notice that Mike Engel was upside down, when the Joker had him hostage

and..how Mr. Reese's first name was Coleman

and...many more

When Joker jumps on top of Batman and about to stab him in the end, he says something along the lines of "All the old...familiar... places." I guess he's referring to his previous encounter with him on the street when he was unconscious on the ground.

The look of dissappointment on Batman's face when he realizes he was given the false adress.

Joker in the line of officers right before he tried to kill the Mayor.

Those come to mind, I'm sure I'll think of some more.

I actually noticed that my first time seeing it. I knew the scene and that Joker was to be without make-up in it (due to spoilers, thank you) and my eyes automaticly searched for it. It actually came pretty easily for me, as I saw the row of officers and picked out the one with the obvious red lines on his face.

As for stuff I missed the first time around, there wasn't much of anything I missed. A quick cut shot here and there, but that's it. Nothing relivent to the story or anything.

Things I noticed on the second viewing:

-the scene with Bruce and Alfred after Rachel's death mimicking their dialogue after Wayne's parents died ("Did I bring this on her?")
-the Joker in the lineup of officers before he shoots at the Mayor (and he looked out of place)
-the look of guilt on Ramirez's face as Dent gets into a car right after the convoy chase
-when Joker escapes the MCU, he is travelling along with other escaped convicts in multiple stolen police cars that are weaving back and forth behind him
-when Batman throws the dogs off of him during the final confrontation with the Joker, it looks as though he tosses them into the shaft he just rappelled up a minute earlier
-that the Joker apparently carries a pocketwatch on him (you can see the chain dangling off him as Batman hauls him up right before their final conversation)
-that Gordon's daughter's face is never shown
-the cop who the Joker takes hostage in the MCU (right before he initiates the phone bomb) is still alive at the end, watching Gordon smash the Bat-Signal (I also noticed that there's an alternate take in the trailers of Mike Engel in the cop's position as the signal is smashed)

There is a batman comic visible in the scene at MCU at the start before Wuertz says "the search is ongoing!"

Batman goes to the hospital to give Harvey his 1922 scarred dollar coin.

When the dvd / blu ray comes out... this batman comic....will be visible. You'll see, I'll show ya. :cwink:

I noticed that Maroni wants to give Gordon Joker's location but Gordon opts to go save Mr. Reese instead...it's odd.

Gordon is driving the swat truck dent is in the whole time... he never talks, the passenger talked to him he said something along the lines of having good manuvuers or knowing how to handle the truck, and the driver never responds.

and the fact that the joker was using the shard of glass when breaking from the interrogation room... saw it second time in imax to notice that, swore it was a knife before, I was just saying he would have gotten it from his shoe or something, liek from the party scene.

and the fact that theres no possible way batman/bruce could have gotten a fingerprint from that bullet. its not logical at all and doesnt make sense haha. the bullet is in a casing and the gun is fired the bullet comes from the bullet casing, so the fingerprint would have been on the casing.. why would it have been in the wall?

I noticed that the Joker actually jumped on the goon instead of Batman when the goon gets shocked from touching Batman's cowl.

Also noticed the seatbelt Dent wore. But I actually read a lot of stuff I missed out on after the first viewing here so there isn't really much else.

When the dvd / blu ray comes out... this batman comic....will be visible. You'll see, I'll show ya. :cwink:
In which shot? Tell me.

The far shot with Ramirez walking towards the guys desk? Or the shot of him at the desk as he crumples up the paper? (and which side of the screen is it in?)

In which shot? Tell me.

The far shot with Ramirez walking towards the guys desk? Or the shot of him at the desk as he crumples up the paper? (and which side of the screen is it in?)

I think his BS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"