This version of Olsen is not coming off well imo... Also hate the L&C "CK" name drop

\S/JcDc\S/

Superhero
Reaction score
Ok he's not a friend of Clark's yet they have him doing the L&C name drop.

:mad:

You know it was cool when it was popularized on ABC's Lois and Clark. Back then it was a cool little update having Olsen call Clark Kent "CK" but on SV it does not work. It just sounds like a bland name dropping reference to a tv show that's off the air. Been done :down

He's just not seeming like the Jimmy we've come to know, this guy is actually cocky. ERRR

I hope they fix this characterization. :down

i think he is an okay character and im sure him and clark will become good friends if chloe dies or clark stops *****in

Maybe it just wasn't the time to have them meet? I don't blame the actor, I don't like how he's written... More than that though, the same way I feel Erica Durance is LINO Ashmore is feeling the same way JINO. These characters should not be a part of his life this early on. :down It doesn't work in SV. If you are going to bring in Lois and Jimmy, have him meet Perry already... Blech just make him Superman already then.

I want an episode where Clark stops ignoring his CK references and says something like "We aren't even friends and you are giving me nick names?"

Seriously this Jimmy is almost instigating by how he calls him CK and Clark just ignores it. :down

\S/JcDc\S/ said:
...If you are going to bring in Lois and Jimmy, have him meet Perry already...

Uhm... You watching the show back in season 3?

Okay, I guess not.

I prefer this Jimmy over "man crush on Clark, gee whiz" Jimmy.

venom420 said:
I prefer this Jimmy over "man crush on Clark, gee whiz" Jimmy.
:up:

Amen! So far so good is what I say. From the moment both characters met, the writers gave Jimmy a characterization that established he would have an awe of Clark that begins on a physical level w/o making it a silly man crush. It's also not the first time another character refers to Clark as "CK" (Geoff in S4's Recruit called him that throughout the episode.) Not sure what the big deal is that Jimmy in L&C also used the same moniker for Clark. WTF? When SV strays from previously established characterizations, they're raked over the coals. When they conform to it, fans STILL complain. It's a no win situation. :rolleyes:

AgentPat said:
:up:

When SV strays from previously established characterizations, they're raked over the coals. When they conform to it, fans STILL complain. It's a no win situation. :rolleyes:

BIG reason why I chose not to write a response in this thread.

Jimmy = not supposed to be Clark's age

triplet said:
Uhm... You watching the show back in season 3?

Okay, I guess not.

Umm... comprehension low? (jk btw, you just read me wrong is all)

I said if you are going to have him know Lois already, and have him meet his boss Perry already (indicating that they've already had Perry on the show). I should have made it clearer by mentioning a "drunk" Perry White :rolleyes: to indicate the SV version

LOL only triplet could read me wrong that way :p I thought I wrote that pretty clear that by having Clark know Lex, Lois, Jimmy, and briefly meeting his boss Perry, etc... That it takes away something for when he would actually become Superman and make Metropolis his home. Since he knows all these people what is the point? Just have him be Superman already then. Geez, Jimmy is the same age as him (as mentioned by immortal)

EWW

Sometimes I wonder why this is such a big deal to people.

It's not comic continuity, it's Smallville continuity. It does NOT have to follow the comics patterns, it's its own entity. Why can't you comic fanboys get that through your thick skulls?

JC, any time I see you come here it's to complain that they are characterizing someone different or they did this different than the comics. Why do you watch the show again?:huh: :whatever:

Gough already said he wasnt a fan of L&C, why would he care about name dropping in reference to it? :confused:

Considering the pilot of L&C is where they introduced the "CK" name, then it was used the ENTIRE run of the show even when the actor playing Jimmy was replaced... Yeah that's what they are referencing. Nice cover to say "Oh I don't like L&C" so every time you rip off the popular elements you can try and claim "Didn't know they did that on L&C"

That is where it came from, don't argue it. Plain and simple truth.

\S/JcDc\S/ said:
Ok he's not a friend of Clark's yet they have him doing the L&C name drop.

:mad:

You know it was cool when it was popularized on ABC's Lois and Clark. Back then it was a cool little update having Olsen call Clark Kent "CK" but on SV it does not work. It just sounds like a bland name dropping reference to a tv show that's off the air. Been done :down

He's just not seeming like the Jimmy we've come to know, this guy is actually cocky. ERRR

I hope they fix this characterization. :down
I haven't seen any of season 6 yet....but here's my take;

Some people don't have to be a long time friend to immediately make a nickname for someone...it's not something I would do or like about others...but it happens.

I don't mind references to L&C....it doesn't bother me.

Poor Jimmy gets this all the time...half the fans want the same old Jimmy from the 50's....the other half wants an updated cool guy....he'll never win.

Immortalfire said:
Jimmy = not supposed to be Clark's age

Lois= not suppose to know Clark or Lana when they were in their teens, let alone be in Smallville.

This isnt going by comic continuity.

The Jimmy bashing needs to stop. Yeah, he isn't perfect in Smallville. No question about that. But, AT LEAST, Chloe is finally getting some. I always felt so bad for her. Poor girl. I'm just happy she's finally getting some love.

I like Jimmy. The old one (aka the Donnerverse Jimmy) wouldn't really work for me. I also like the continuity that has been established in SV.
SJcDcS, L&C also established its own continuity. How come you're not complaining about that? It strayed a lot from the comics as well, especially as far as style is concerned (as it was mostly advertised as a romantic comedy and not a Superman show).

I think this Jimmy is great, it's nice to see Jimmy Olsen without the 1960's look, he didn't wear bowties & jumpers in the comics all the time, it's nice to see a more modern Jimmy.. I kinda agree that Clark shouldn't be meeting these characters early on, but he does apply for the Daily Planet Job in his early 30's, considering he's supposed to be 18/19 in SV, I'm sure he'll do what he did in Birthright & travel the world before becoming the Mild Mannered reporter, by then he would have been a distant memory to everyone except Martha, it can work, I mean if he goes straight from Kansas Uni to Daily Planet & becomes Supe, it wouldn't work, there's not enough of a Gap, he'll just be clark in a suit, he still needs alot of growing up, Physically & Mentally, & he does that in the time between Uni & the Daily Planet, travelling the world writing stories & saving people, he realises that he needs an alter ego to save people so that the friends he makes won't label him a freak, & I'm sure Lois, Jimmy, Lex & everyone else won't be thinking of Clark everyday while he's gone, & they can't put Superman & Clark together as Superman is a different person, he makes it known that he has no alias, which fools people, I mean in that Universe, why would you think Clark's Superman?... But yeah the new Jimmy is great, it makes you wonder if this Jimmy will inspire Brian Singer to Modernize Jimmy in his Superman films...

I think the "CK" reference IS annoying. It just seems forced. Just like when Lois calls Clark "Smallville". But hate. LOL. Some characters are meant to be annoying sometimes. SV is it's own little world where aside from seeing Bats and Wondy, anything is possible. Why get all worked up about? I hope the writers bring in some more people CLark's not suppose to meet yet.

I can't wait until they introduce Darkseid, Mongul, or Doomsday. Just to see the reaction in here.:whatever: :rolleyes:

How many more Jimmy Olsen threads do we need :confused:

blksuperman2 said:
I hope the writers bring in some more people Clark's not supposed to meet yet.
^ LOL! Classic. That's sig worthy! :up: :D

I like Smallville's Jimmy... he's different, but yet close enough to canon that the differences don't matter so much.

I don't understand why these kinds of things keep torquing people... Any viewer of smallville that also is familiar with the comics knows just by looking at the show it's different from the comics.

Why sweat the details? I don't get it.

This Jimmy Olsen is so far is my least favorite version of Jimmy . He really doesn't serve in other purpose on the show other than being Chloe's boytoy and even that's pushing it.

My Favorite version of Jimmy

1. Comics - [post crisis]

2. Superman : the animated series - David Kaufman

3. Superman Returns - Sam Huntington

4. Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman - Justin Whalin

5. Adventures of Superman - Jack Larson

6. Superman: The Movie - Marc McClure

7. Superman Serial - Tommy Bond

triplet said:
Why sweat the details? I don't get it.
Eh. Sweating the details aint so bad. It's what separates the channel surfing general audience from observant show fans.

But sweating the minutia is a different story. That's something only geeks do.
nerd.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"