This version of Olsen is not coming off well imo... Also hate the L&C "CK" name drop

Serene said:
Clearly you are MISSING MY POINT. Try re-reading what I actually wrote with a little more comprehension.

I'll reiterate - complain all you want about the show, I can and will ignore that. But if you are going to complain about the atmosphere of this forum in general.. which IMO, is a direct reflection of those of us that regularly post here.. then I do question why you want to participate here at all.

I'm just sick of people giving us **** for being unapologetic fans of the show in here. We ALL have complaints about the show, that isn't the point! I won't apologize or feel badly about being a FAN of the show, especially HERE. You need to leave that condescending fanboy attitude of yours at the door.
Rene knows how to bring it!

All-Star Superman said:
I won't apologize for being a fan of the show as well. I will however complain when I feel we are getting a half-ass show which is what I think is going on right now. But as far as you feeling I attacked you as a fan then I will say sorry to that.

*deepbreath*
I do believe I overreacted (I know.. big shock ;)). But between defending the show, Clark, and heavenforbid.. LANA.. my tolerance for criticism wears a little thin sometimes. Having to defend this board was just that proverbial straw that broke the camel's back.

So.. yeah, sorry for biting your head off.

Oh I don't care about Clark, Lana, Lex or the rest of them they're fine IMO. My problem is with the writers and how they IMO are messing up these people (expect Lex no matter how they try to write him he always come out looking good) but thats where my problem lies.

All-Star Superman said:
I won't apologize for being a fan of the show as well. I will however complain when I feel we are getting a half-ass show which is what I think is going on right now. But as far as you feeling I attacked you as a fan then I will say sorry to that.

Im right there with ya. Im a huge fan of the show, but it feels so half-assed sometimes, ecspecially with character development.

Im a huge Joss Whedon fanatic, and Ive always wondered why the show wasn't built more like Buffy and Angel instead of Gilmore Girls and Dawson's Creek, in terms of storyline arcs, over-arching villians, character development, etc etc!

All-Star Superman said:

All I ever see you complain about, is the fact that you arent allowed to complain. :whatever:

venom420 said:
Im right there with ya. Im a huge fan of the show, but it feels so half-assed sometimes, ecspecially with character development.

Im a huge Joss Whedon fanatic, and Ive always wondered why the show wasn't built more like Buffy and Angel instead of Gilmore Girls and Dawson's Creek, in terms of storyline arcs, over-arching villians, character development, etc etc!

They are trying to appeal to a more broad range of viewers, and for the most part it's working. The Dawson's Creek stuff for the soapy people and the Super stuff for the comic geeks.

I know people that get really bored with the show when it delves to heavily in the Superman mythos. So either way they go, the other group will gripe about it. The show is not just for us Superman fans, I guess. My wife in general watches it for the soapy time angst and romance and not for the comic stuff.

When I, on the other hand watch it for the comic stuff.

meh, to each his own. You can't please 100% of the people 100% of the time.

Brainiac 8 said:
They are trying to appeal to a more broad range of viewers, and for the most part it's working. The Dawson's Creek stuff for the soapy people and the Super stuff for the comic geeks.

I know people that get really bored with the show when it delves to heavily in the Superman mythos. So either way they go, the other group will gripe about it. The show is not just for us Superman fans, I guess. My wife in general watches it for the soapy time angst and romance and not for the comic stuff.

When I, on the other hand watch it for the comic stuff.

meh, to each his own. You can't please 100% of the people 100% of the time.
And thats why most people talk Smallville for what it is. Most people understand Smallville is not going to be the Superman of what we're use to. Thats not the problem it is the writing if they can get better people in there to do the story I would have nothing bad to say about the show but they just keep half assing everything it cheapens thing.

but smallville isnt about superman, its about becoming superman, therein lies the rub.........what you're arguing All-star is like a non-sequiter.

Kaboom said:
but smallville isnt about superman, its about becoming superman, therein lies the rub.........what you're arguing All-star is like a non-sequiter.
but show me how he is even starting to become Superman. I mean yes he has the powers other then that he has done nothing to show he wants to be Superman.

no, we've had this argument before, and im not going to indulge it again.

I guess growing up and learning the tribulations of life have nothing to do with building to become Superman. He's 19, give him some time. He's built more character on this show for this time in his life than he ever has in the comics.

All-Star Superman said:
And thats why most people talk Smallville for what it is. Most people understand Smallville is not going to be the Superman of what we're use to. Thats not the problem it is the writing if they can get better people in there to do the story I would have nothing bad to say about the show but they just keep half assing everything it cheapens thing.

The thing about that though is most of the people that gripe about the writing are the comic book part of the audience. The people I know from the other viewpoint, my wife for example, thinks the writing is good. It's all a matter of taste I guess. I think the writing this season is superb so far, give or take a couple of parts.

They can be hit or miss, there is no doubt about that. And sometimes they will write a god awful episode. But overall the writing last season was improved and this season even better. To some though, the writing is far from half hearted.

I think the fact that they try to mix so many different elements into the show, sets it up to be tagged "badly writen" because they are trying to appeal to such a broad audience.

For me, I love all aspects, I love Superman mythos, I love the romance, I love action, I love sci-fi and I love the soap operish stuff.

Its all good for me. :yay:

Brainiac 8 said:
The thing about that though is most of the people that gripe about the writing are the comic book part of the audience. The people I know from the other viewpoint, my wife for example, thinks the writing is good. It's all a matter of taste I guess. I think the writing this season is superb so far, give or take a couple of parts.

They can be hit or miss, there is no doubt about that. And sometimes they will write a god awful episode. But overall the writing last season was improved and this season even better. To some though, the writing is far from half hearted.

For the most part, I agree. I also think the writing is terrific, even though there is the occasional complete lapse of judgement.

*cough*Lucy*cough*Ageless*cough*

triplet said:
For the most part, I agree. I also think the writing is terrific, even though there is the occasional complete lapse of judgement.

*cough*Lucy*cough*Ageless*cough*

You see, I enjoy watching both of those episodes. Ageless has alot of heart in it, even if the plot was a little :whatever:

And Lucy was a great opportunity to see why Lois shows a tough as nails exterior but she's also very soft on the insde. It was also the start of a really deep and meaningful Clark and Lois relationship.

Clunkers for me were, Facade and Velocity.

my least fave episode is the one with the fat girl fotw who becomes skinny.

Kaboom said:
my least fave episode is the one with the fat girl fotw who becomes skinny.
The actress who later won an Academy Award. ;)
(Amy Adams)

I agree with avid and trip.. I love the balance of superhero stuff and soap opera relationship drama. I think the people who seem to be most disappointed with the show are the ones who expect it to be something it's not - a strict retelling of Superman mythology.

Then you have my kids that complain, "who's this Zod guy anyway?" :D

I was making some good points too Serene.:csad:

That is what I meant though with hits and misses.

To me the worst episodes are Ageless, Lucy, Velocity, and the ever arguable Spell.:cwink:

Brainiac 8 said:
I was making some good points too Serene.:csad:
Sorry, B8! And yes you were. *pets* :D

That is what I meant though with hits and misses.

To me the worst episodes are Ageless, Lucy, Velocity, and the ever arguable Spell.:cwink:
Lucy is high on my list... and Hypnotic too. But even in the ones I hated, there are things I love.

i think the pet is a step down from a ruffle B8!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"