This version of Olsen is not coming off well imo... Also hate the L&C "CK" name drop

blksuperman2 said:
YEah that makes a whole lotta sense. I'll just throw away 70 yrs of history on a character because it's MY take. How 'bout my Superman idolizes Benito Mussolini. So much so that he feels that fascism is a better political philosophy than democracy and becomes the World's First Super Dictator. Kudos to me.:whatever: What a genius idea.
I'm sure Siegel & Shuster would be proud.:rolleyes:

My post was in response to this post and my point was that the incarnation of Jimmy Olsen you want is in the comics, The Chris Reeve movies, Superman Returns and Lois and Clark and that you can have him there.

My second point was Millar and Gough will chase characters because they have one story in mind, farmboy to Superman and that comes first. I used the examples of Spider-Man 2 and Batman Returns because in each film a famous character was changed in a big way to help further along the hero's journey and that there is no difference here.

venom420 said:
Well, it is my take......lol

By the way, I explained in a previous post how I personally feel that smaller changes to the mythos might in fact help Superman rather than hurt him. Now major changes, such as Krypton not blowing up or loving on some Benito, those are stupid. Im against that in every way.

Like I said. I wasn't tryin' to bash your ideas. I just really didn't agree with it so I wanted to know why you felt that way.

MJD said:
My post was in response to this post and my point was that the incarnation of Jimmy Olsen you want is in the comics, The Chris Reeve movies, Superman Returns and Lois and Clark and that you can have him there.

My second point was Millar and Gough will chase characters because they have one story in mind, farmboy to Superman and that comes first. I used the examples of Spider-Man 2 and Batman Returns because in each film a famous character was changed in a big way to help further along the hero's journey and that there is no difference here.

Yeah I understood that you were responding to my post, but I wasn't talking about Jimmy.:huh: We were talking about Clark being a fanboy of Batman.:huh:

blksuperman2 said:
Like I said. I wasn't tryin' to bash your ideas. I just really didn't agree with it so I wanted to know why you felt that way.

And you asked in a respectable way. Thank you! No harm no foul!

avidreader said:
When did they say he was a year older?

I'm pretty sure it was stated that he was at least 20, but maybe i'm imagining things.

avidreader said:
Well you're entitled to your opinion but I think Tom Welling does an amazing job in acting the role of Clark Kent.

He's so natural and infuses so much charmisma into the part that HE makes me believe that HE is Superman.

This is the only incarnation of the role where I've felt that the character doesnt come off as cheesy and that is in part due to Tom Welling's incredible performance.

I won't take anything away from Tom Welling, but I find recently that Clark is a poorly written character. Right now I'm more interested in Lex's plan's for the Kryptonian "Black Box" and the Green Arrow's adventure than Clark right now, and I think that's kind of sad. He's just too moody, still pining over Lana, and hios blatant use of his powers are a little silly, since he won't dare tell Lana, but has no problem showing his power off to any one who could potentially harm his loved ones.

Despite my *****ing, I still do tune in every week and still find this show entertaining, just thought I'd add my 2 cents.

vegeta21 said:
Right now I'm more interested in Lex's plan's for the Kryptonian "Black Box"

Well I think the excact opposite. I'm sick of watching Lex thinking that he has the right to experiment and test all of this alien technology. Look what came out of it last time.

I'm way more interested in the character depictions and Clark Kent has more layers to explore than any of the other characters including Lex Luthor.

still pining over Lana,

He is SO not pining over Lana. He made his decision and he is moving on from it. I wouldnt expect him after all these years of being in love with her to just completely forget about her.

and hios blatant use of his powers are a little silly,

What did he do? Catch an arrow and push over another guy. I'm not sure I see that as blatant use of powers. He did a speed run in the alley to meet up with Ollie once he realised that Ollie was also keeping a secret.

avidreader said:
I'm way more interested in the character depictions and Clark Kent has more layers to explore than any of the other characters including Lex Luthor.
Oh I want to be interested in Clark's development, I really do, and to be fair its too early in the season to really judge. But so far I just don't really see much development rightnow, he just seems to be the same character. Though it was nice to see him gain his super-breath. And his seeing of Jor-El as not some evil megolamaniac like he's seen him before is a step in the right direction. Maybe I'm just a tab impatient. Hopefully we'll at least see him take an interest in jounalism this season.

What did he do? Catch an arrow and push over another guy. I'm not sure I see that as blatant use of powers. He did a speed run in the alley to meet up with Ollie once he realised that Ollie was also keeping a secret.

Running into the museum and dirctly confronting the Green Arrow, where security cameras probobly were watching. I'd say catching an arrow is a pretty blatant use of his powers as GA pretty much said "well looks like you have a secret as well". Plus his constant speed running in the crowded Daily Planet comes off as a tad careless. Though to be fair he has been pretty blatant with just about every meteor freak he encounters. Although this season looks like he'll be fighting more Phantom Zone escapees than meteor freaks, so I guess he'll be more free to duke it out with these Kryptonian rejects.

vegeta21 said:
Oh I want to be interested in Clark's development, I really do, and to be fair its too early in the season to really judge. But so far I just don't really see much development rightnow, he just seems to be the same character. Though it was nice to see him gain his super-breath. And his seeing of Jor-El as not some evil megolamaniac like he's seen him before is a step in the right direction. Maybe I'm just a tab impatient. Hopefully we'll at least see him take an interest in jounalism this season.

Well if you're a tad impatient I can understand that, but it doesnt take away the fact that there is alot to his complex nature to explore.

I think what we've seen so far this season, is his realisation that he needs to step out on his own to do this super heroing stuff.

And my instincts are telling me, based on the way all the characters' stories are being told at the moment, that after Justice there will be a huge arc for Clark.

Running into the museum and dirctly confronting the Green Arrow, where security cameras probobly were watching. I'd say catching an arrow is a pretty blatant use of his powers as GA pretty much said "well looks like you have a secret as well". Plus his constant speed running in the crowded Daily Planet comes off as a tad careless. Though to be fair he has been pretty blatant with just about every meteor freak he encounters. Although this season looks like he'll be fighting more Phantom Zone escapees than meteor freaks, so I guess he'll be more free to duke it out with these Kryptonian rejects.

I think it was Pat that pointed out in the Arrow thread that Ollie probably disengaged the security cameras before he entered the building.

And Clark has always done speed running in crowded rooms, I think we're meant to believe that he does it so quickly, people dont even notice.

venom420 said:
Hvae you ever noticed in the Reeve/Donner films that once Reeve meets Jor-El, he basically becomes daddy's little robot.

I have to disagree. Jor-El enlightened Superman about his heritage and what he needed to do but Superman still defied Jor-El when it came to his human emotions. At the end of STM, when Lois died, Superman defied Jor-El's warning of interfering with human history and turned back time to save her. He thought of Pa Kent's death and how with all his great abilities he couldn't save him and at that moment he decided to ignore Jor-El's warning and use his powers to prevent a loved one from dying again.

In Donner's Superman II, Superman completely stands up to Jor-El by turning his back on humanity to be with Lois. In the theatrical cut of SII, it kind of plays out in a similar way with Lara, but Lara is much more sympathetic towards her son, than Jor-El was in the original scenes shot by Donner. In Donner's II, Jor-El pretty much condemns his son for abandoning Earth, over his own selfish pursuits.

Ummm for the people saying this is the first attempt at a cooler Jimmy I guess they missed STAS and more obviously L&C which in both people that played Jimmy, there was a cooler spin on it (Justin Whalin of course playing his a bit cooler)

\S/JcDc\S/ said:
Ummm for the people saying this is the first attempt at a cooler Jimmy I guess they missed STAS and more obviously L&C which in both people that played Jimmy, there was a cooler spin on it (Justin Whalin of course playing his a bit cooler)
Agreed but then again remember where you are and remember the rule

SV>>>all other Superman shows and movies.

All-Star Superman said:

IMO... S:TM is the best version of Superman yet. I think SV is second, followed by SII, STAS(and all related animation) George Reeves, LandC(i know sacrilege that its this high), Max Fleischer, SIV, SIII, the radio show, Kirk Alyn, Superman the musical, and then SR

(edit) okay maybe SR before the musical....

\S/JcDc\S/ said:

Ashmore's Jimmy is just as geeky as any other live action Jimmy we've seen in the past (L&C's Jimmy Olsen being the exception). Which is fine by me, that is the Jimmy we all know and love. Just a little surprised that SV didn't try to contemporize the character, though.

Kaboom said:
IMO... S:TM is the best version of Superman yet. I think SV is second, followed by SII, STAS(and all related animation) George Reeves, LandC(i know sacrilege that its this high), Max Fleischer, SIV, SIII, the radio show, Kirk Alyn, Superman the musical, and then SR

(edit) okay maybe SR before the musical....

LOL. WOW that's harsh.:woot: :ninja:

BenReilly19 said:
I have to disagree. Jor-El enlightened Superman about his heritage and what he needed to do but Superman still defied Jor-El when it came to his human emotions. At the end of STM, when Lois died, Superman defied Jor-El's warning of interfering with human history and turned back time to save her. He thought of Pa Kent's death and how with all his great abilities he couldn't save him and at that moment he decided to ignore Jor-El's warning and use his powers to prevent a loved one from dying again.

In Donner's Superman II, Superman completely stands up to Jor-El by turning his back on humanity to be with Lois. In the theatrical cut of SII, it kind of plays out in a similar way with Lara, but Lara is much more sympathetic towards her son, than Jor-El was in the original scenes shot by Donner. In Donner's II, Jor-El pretty much condemns his son for abandoning Earth, over his own selfish pursuits.

I disagree with you, thier are a number of problems with Superman:the movie [still a very good film]. The main one is how when young clark creates the fotress, he basically is captured buy Jor-el and spends 12 years secluded being "trained" buy him:whatever: . Clark never decided on his on he wants to save people, hell the only things chris Reeves clark kent did before becomeing superman was reluctantly create the fortress. He is basically a robot for most of the film [both as clark Kent and superman]. Like you said he defys Jor-el at the end of the movie, in favor of his earth father. Hes less of a droid in superman 2, when he decides to become human. Although why he gives up his powers is more stupidity, and i guess you can say more human.

All-Star Superman said:

The rule?

Why do you have to be such a tool about it? If you have so much disdain for the regular posters here, then why do you continue to stay? I'm serious. All of the *****ing and moaning from a FEW of you, but then it's always followed up by a.. "oh, but I still watch every show.. even though it SUCKS."

Jeez, already. Is it just that you like complaining about things and find this a good place to do it? Complain all you want, I can ignore that.. but you don't need to drag down the rest of us who TRULY do enjoy the show by throwing out condescending comments like that one above.

:mad:

some people lead empty lives and would rather dedicate their time towards things they dislike as opposed to pursuing endeavors they enjoy. They're called "masochists" but "tool" is just as applicable.

yea and not even cool tools like getting "hammered" or "nailed" or "screwed." Its more like a "wingnut" or "scoketwrench". think about it, how many times have you heard someone say "yea, i got so freaking wingnutted last night." NEVER! because nobody would admit to that.

Serene said:
The rule?

Why do you have to be such a tool about it? If you have so much disdain for the regular posters here, then why do you continue to stay? I'm serious. All of the *****ing and moaning from a FEW of you, but then it's always followed up by a.. "oh, but I still watch every show.. even though it SUCKS."

Jeez, already. Is it just that you like complaining about things and find this a good place to do it? Complain all you want, I can ignore that.. but you don't need to drag down the rest of us who TRULY do enjoy the show by throwing out condescending comments like that one above.

:mad:
Because this is were you are suppose to voice your likes and dislikes about SV. If they(the show) get a new writting staff I would have nothing to complain about because besides the writting I think the show is fine. But I will until then voice how I dislike the way the show is going. Now if you don't like it then put me on your ignore list or take another break again. But I am going to until I see some changes voice my dislikes for what they are doing after the show started out so strong.

All-Star Superman said:
Because this is were you are suppose to voice your likes and dislikes about SV. If they(the show) get a new writting staff I would have nothing to complain about because besides the writting I think the show is fine. But I will until then voice how I dislike the way the show is going. Now if you don't like it then put me on your ignore list or take another break again. But I am going to until I see some changes voice my dislikes for what they are doing after the show started out so strong.

Clearly you are MISSING MY POINT. Try re-reading what I actually wrote with a little more comprehension.

I'll reiterate - complain all you want about the show, I can and will ignore that. But if you are going to complain about the atmosphere of this forum in general.. which IMO, is a direct reflection of those of us that regularly post here.. then I do question why you want to participate here at all.

I'm just sick of people giving us **** for being unapologetic fans of the show in here. We ALL have complaints about the show, that isn't the point! I won't apologize or feel badly about being a FAN of the show, especially HERE. You need to leave that condescending fanboy attitude of yours at the door.

I won't apologize for being a fan of the show as well. I will however complain when I feel we are getting a half-ass show which is what I think is going on right now. But as far as you feeling I attacked you as a fan then I will say sorry to that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"