Thor (Deleted Scenes)

I was surprised to find out that the scene featuring Frigga telling Loki that she and Odin still love him as their own son, along with giving the whole speech about Odin having a purpose for everything....was in fact linked to Loki getting crowned as the temporary king and having that take place before the Warriors three and Sif's confrontation with Loki in the throne.

When I look at it now, I think it would have been better for that scene to have been left in tact since imho, it would have made Loki's cold reaction to the three more believable since that coronation scene shows Frigga telling a confused Loki to make his father proud, which is basis and foundation as to why Loki does everything he does for the rest of the film.

I was surprised to find out that the scene featuring Frigga telling Loki that she and Odin still love him as their own son, along with giving the whole speech about Odin having a purpose for everything....was in fact linked to Loki getting crowned as the temporary king and having that take place before the Warriors three and Sif's confrontation with Loki in the throne.

When I look at it now, I think it would have been better for that scene to have been left in tact since imho, it would have made Loki's cold reaction to the three more believable since that coronation scene shows Frigga telling a confused Loki to make his father proud, which is basis and foundation as to why Loki does everything he does for the rest of the film.

You know that is a very touching thing for Frigga to take such an invested interest in Loki. It seems like a very interesting familial facet. Odin obviously favors Thor, but it seems Frigga has a soft spot for Loki. It would make sense considering that she would have born the bulk of the parenting responsibilities of raising him as a baby with Odin being much more preoccupied with having to settle disputes across the 9 realms. I'd love to see in future movies Frigga's role get more attention as pertaining to Loki and the effect his fall would have on her. I mean someone has to have sympathy for the devil. You know, I just have a sneaking suspicion if poor Anthony Hopkins were to ever be on a Thor panel he'd be getting a lot of questions about Odin's parenting skills and how he's mostly responsible for screwing Loki up. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"