TitanFall

I think that'll be irrelevant unless Sony moves double the amount of consoles MS has by the time theres another Titanfall. Thats certainly a possibility, but most analysts don't seem to think that Sony will be the runaway sales king that we message board folk seem to think. If the sales of the two consoles are even, or even if MS is slightly behind, Titanfall 2 will more than likely still sell better on Microsofts machine compared to Sonys, simply because of that attachment so many are going to perceive. I mean hell, just browse around some internet comment sections that features the news of this staying with MS. Sony fans are already completely dismissing Titanfall.

North America is going to be the one place where MS may hold at least half. But even then the latest pre-order sales are about 60% PS4 and 40% X1. It's hard to say where it will go, but PS4 in the rest of the world will dominate. There are many analysts actually that think the PS4 will win by quite a bit especially worldwide. But in reality to me the real measure won't be until after year one for both of these. But I think that Sony will have more over MS in North America even if by a little bit. And I don't think EA will ignore that. But again in November 2014 will be I guess the better glimpse. And...hopefully more new games for all. I think Fallout 4 will be announced soon (crosses fingers)

Ps4 will have more in the beginning for sure but double? Haha no not even close. By the time Titanfall comes out the two systems will be relatively close in sales and that is how it will continue throughout the 10 years

...I don't see where anyone wrote that. I don't know if it will be double, but in the rest of the world it will be a lot. I won't say too much, but I think world wide it will be a lot.

• Respawn Co-Founder Vince Zampella Clears Up Titanfall Exclusivity Confusion

News
    on Oct 29, 2013 at 10:55 PM
    xboxone-icon.png

Titanfall exclusivity only extends to the title currently in development according to Rewspawn's co-founder.
    ... More
source:GI

Interesting they did not even know about that. EA kinda went behind their back and made the full deal for them it seems.

Whatever Microsoft paid for Titanfall exclusivity, it was worth it.

This is why I originally wrote the story to talk about my time with the game, because so many people were focused on the game’s visuals and not on how well the game played. There are few games that offer the fluidity of movement that you’ll feel when playing Titanfall, and almost nothing else looks this good.

During events it’s hard to play Titanfall and then go back to other games, because everything else begins to feel slow and old. Titanfall has the peculiar ability to suddenly make everything else feel like a last-generation product.

It’s also hard to overestimate the amount of buzz and respect the game has already earned in the development community, and to give a sense of this I’m going to tell a story that may get me in a touch of trouble. I very lightly abused my all-access pass during the last PAX to try to sneak in a quick round of Titanfall before the show floor opened. The thinking was that I could play a few rounds against the development team and write up a quick story before the line go out of hand.

It’s almost funny to look back at how naïve that was.

There was already a long line by the time I arrived at the booth, and remember that this was before the show floor had opened to the general public, and there was no press access during that day. The line was made up entirely of other developers and professionals wanting to check out what all the excitement was about.

...I don't see where anyone wrote that. I don't know if it will be double, but in the rest of the world it will be a lot. I won't say too much, but I think world wide it will be a lot.

Its already like that now, so that's not a stretch. I think the gap in Europe alone is like almost 10 million units for PS3 over 360.

Yeah, it's not a mindblowing looking game and isn't really trying to win on that front but at Eurogamer where PS is always more popular it had by far the longest queue. Pretty much every gaming site has been very positive on it if not calling it the best of the early next gen games. Although I'm expecting I might like Destiny more at the moment but we'll see when I get a chance to play it.

I dunno about the rest of the world. Australia is a huge gaming market and Xbox is almost neck and neck with Playstation at the moment.

I don't know much about Australia, but as far as Europe and Asia, Sony had a fairly strong lead over MS this gen, much more so than the lead MS had over Sony in America (talking proportionally). Really, America is the only place where MS ever had a grip. The Xbox has never been much of a selling brand in other major territories.

However, as of right now, that is the place that you want to lead in. Not to downplay Sony's leads elsewhere or other regions, but America is the head market for sure currently.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/10/29/the-walking-dead-season-2-announced/

Titanfall PC release date confirmed, won't require Windows 8

at 14:23 on 01 November 2013
Respawn Entertainment announced a March release date for its debut game not too long ago, but didn't go into more details than that. Would it be a timed exclusive for the upcoming Xbox One? How long would PC gamers have to wait? Would Respawn require Windows 8 for its robot battles? Thankfully, all of these issues have now been cleared up.

source: pc gamer

And for people who don't actually want to click the link, the PC release date is March 11...

Wasn't it announced with the 360 and One version?

oh my bad.

Wasn't it announced with the 360 and One version?

I went a page over to where ice post the release date the first time around and the PC was excluded. Most certain gamer news sites are console centertric. Some more so than others. The good ones occasionally mention these things though. But in this case I think it was just cause they (both the publisher and dev's) didn't say when the pc version would be ready date wise.

Last edited:

Previews

The Gameplay of Titanfall

Scott catches up with Abbie Heppie of Respawn Entertainment for a look at the mech and human combat in Titanfall..

Titanfall

VGX 2013: Vince Zampella Interview

Respawn Entertainment's co-founder, Vince Zampella, talks about a new class of Titan you can play as in Titanfall.

and lastly

Source:EPD.TV/ROTR ,GT & GI

Last edited:
Oh man, the gameplay footage from this game gave me a total semi. It looks like SO MUCH DAMN FUN!

They've gone for gameplay above all else, above graphics (I don't think it looks much better than other games coming out next year), & above story obviously. Hope it works out. My one opportunity to play this early I got queued out but everyone looked like they were loving it. Will probably be one of only a handful of games I buy on day one next year.

Hopefully i can smash some snipers with a Titan. Nothing i hate more than damn snipers.

You hate getting killed by them.

I hate getting killed period, but no, I hate them for being a sniper. Well 90% of them any way. Most snipers I come across don't care about anything else other than getting a kill. They choose the sniper class cuz they think if they stay far enough away from the action they won't get killed but they can still do some killing. Not only are they annoying if they are on the opposite team they're even more annoying if they're on yours as they do nothing to help(assuming ur playing a Conquest type mode)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"