TMOS Review & Speculation Thread (Spoilers) - Part 4

Yeah, had his memories and personality. That doesn't explain how he can relate and react to situations in the present day. He would have no memory or possible way of having prior information of what was to happen. Not saying it ruined the movie or anything but it was a confusing part to myself and at least one other person I talked to. The first encounter made sense, that Clark activated the ship and finally got to meet his father and get some information, every time after that when Jor-El popped up it didn't make sense to me other than just being a way for Superman to cheaply get the information to defeat Zod. Unless I just interpreted the whole situation the wrong way I dunno, it's possible lol :D

The comics (mainly John Byrne's run) explain it as Kryptonian A.I. tech beyond our understanding. So it's mainly a computer reacting to the present situation with Jor-El's consciousness. Whether you buy that or not is up to you!

The comics (mainly John Byrne's run) explain it as Kryptonian A.I. tech beyond our understanding. So it's mainly a computer reacting to the present situation with Jor-El's consciousness. Whether you buy that or not is up to you!

I can totally buy that!, thanks for the explanation. Would have like to seen them explain the more thoroughly in the movie itself, but I'm really looking forward to future DC installments, I wanna see the Justice League one day!

I could see them going a Marvel-ish type route with Superman 1, then maybe even do no.2 before anything else and then introduce another 2 solo film characters (WW, Flash maybe), do a JL team up after those 4 movies where the 3 introduced are involved with 2 or 3 more being introduced in the film itself (GL, 'hero x' (aquman, manhunter, cyborg, or anyone else that works), and Batman) 2 of which, GL and Bats, will still be recognized easily by the public and won't need much explanation even with new actors probably portraying them. (sorry Bale and Reynolds :D)

I think a JL movie would be a great place to re-introduce Batman and then spin him off into a solo after the JL movie. No need to rush it, I'd prefer quality movies rather than a fast quantity of them to try and get JL out as soon as possible.

I can totally buy that!, thanks for the explanation. Would have like to seen them explain the more thoroughly in the movie itself, but I'm really looking forward to future DC installments, I wanna see the Justice League one day!

I could see them going a Marvel-ish type route with Superman 1, then maybe even do no.2 before anything else and then introduce another 2 solo film characters (WW, Flash maybe), do a JL team up after those 4 movies where the 3 introduced are involved with 2 or 3 more being introduced in the film itself (GL, 'hero x' (aquman, manhunter, cyborg, or anyone else that works), and Batman) 2 of which, GL and Bats, will still be recognized easily by the public and won't need much explanation even with new actors probably portraying them. (sorry Bale and Reynolds :D)

I think a JL movie would be a great place to re-introduce Batman and then spin him off into a solo after the JL movie. No need to rush it, I'd prefer quality movies rather than a fast quantity of them to try and get JL out as soon as possible.

We can only hope they take a risk with a Flash or (even more so) a Wonder Woman movie.

We can only hope they take a risk with a Flash or (even more so) a Wonder Woman movie.

I think both can work on their own. Flash seems interesting enough, he's not just a guy who runs fast so there's a lot to work with, get the right person to play his like snarky personality and it could be a hit, much like an Iron Man type comedic personality I think would fit him well. Wonder Woman is a chance I think they need to take, female action flicks aren't always the greatest but tell a great story with her and slap some "From the studio who brought you Man of Steel" all over it and I think it would be well received.

Yeah, had his memories and personality. That doesn't explain how he can relate and react to situations in the present day. He would have no memory or possible way of having prior information of what was to happen. Not saying it ruined the movie or anything but it was a confusing part to myself and at least one other person I talked to. The first encounter made sense, that Clark activated the ship and finally got to meet his father and get some information, every time after that when Jor-El popped up it didn't make sense to me other than just being a way for Superman to cheaply get the information to defeat Zod. Unless I just interpreted the whole situation the wrong way I dunno, it's possible lol :D

If I had to guess or create an explanation given the circumstances, it's somewhat obvious after the encounter on the Black Zero that the ship has some technology that allows memories to be probed to some degree, that's how Zod learns about Kal's background on Earth and his identity here from Lois, and also how he inserts himself into Kal's unconscious during that "dream sequence" to explain things and also try to extract the whereabouts of the Codex (which at that point Kal doesn't even know himself).

So if this line of thinking is correct (I'm like 99% sure this is what's going on), then it's logical to assume that on a scout ship from Krypton there would be similar technology for probing minds or even forming some kind of mental-symbiosis with the ship for some purposes. If this works out as such, when Lois inserts the House of El command key into the Black Zero and Jor-El's consciousness sorta 'moves in' then it's also logical to assume that when this happens Jor-El's consciousness then becomes privy to everything that's happened up to that exact point in time (aka everything we've seen in the movie) because he/it would have access to Lois' memories as well as Kal's since both of them had been probed prior to that event (inserting the command key).

All I'm saying is that yes, the answers are there if you look for them. It might take just a wee bit of "jumping to a conclusion" but the conclusion comes from the evidence presented, even if it's evidence that must be roundhouse gathered, more or less.

"Yeah, YEAH, that's the ticket..." :p

lol, a lot less brain hurting if they just took 5 stupid minutes to explain it! haha :D

thanks for the responses guys!

I felt this movie was unengaging, bleak, dark, depressing, dull, colourless,

No. I dont need to elaborate. And it want "thought" so much as feel.

sorry, just seems silly to claim those thing but not explain why you feel that way. Like when a child says he doesn't like vegetables but when you ask why he just says "because" lol.

I justdont need to know why you want to understand my feelings. Its a bit weird.

Usually because on a discussion board/forum, people come to participate in discussions - if someone just spits out their opinion and then disappears, that's not much for discussion happening, that's one person spitting out their opinion and then disappearing.

It's not really that tough to figure out.

Look at it this way since this is the Review & Speculation thread:

You posted your review, so to speak, now we're open to speculate on why you said the things you said. How's that?

Damn, I'd LOVE to read all your 1,513 posts of nothing but one liners and not much conversation or in depth discussion on a fan forum:woot:

Lol. A troll simply put. Hoho

oops sorry for wanting a nice discussion SingItWithMeNow... sorry the movie apparently ruined your life :whatever:

Ok, what's the issue here? He gave his opinion, doesn't want to elaborate on it, time to move on.

care to elaborate? curious as to why you thought those things.

Why?

So you can attempt to brainwash that person by counterpointing them death?

The poster doesn't need to cite specific examples. Their description was prettty well articulated. It wasn't just "Ohhhemgee it suckz!"

Why?

So you can attempt to brainwash that person by counterpointing them death?

The poster doesn't need to cite specific examples. Their description was prettty well articulated. It wasn't just "Ohhhemgee it suckz!"

Yes, I didn't see any issues with it too.

MOS...seriously???? Overhyped. Lots of convenient writing.
Ok so Lois is right outside when it is dark and has been advised it is cold..minus 40 and still manages to catch Clark at the precise moment he is about to stroll to the ship. And how come Clark found this ship

Terraforming the planet..the most stupid thing ever. The kryptonians could adapt in a few hours to the earth so why lose your time on this.

The amount they were...why not gang on superman .He could barely handle 2 of them.

ZOD is a general...where are his tactics. why not trick Superman then later unveil the plot to conquer earth. Get what he wants with some lies. Oh yeah the movie needs to move fast. But if that did not work, surely the guy could have found a more persuasive way to get Superman to cooperate..like taking his mother hostage or else.

Why is lois everywhere. what purpose did she serve on the ship at the request of ZOD..if not more convenient writing. Why did clark brink his S dark crystal with him to the mother ship again???

Black hole in earth orbit..surely a toddler wrote that part because if there was any realism, the whole planet would have been sucked in . too long to explain. And if the core is being Terraformed, doesn't that change Planet polarity. On this magnitude, the planet would break into 2

Jorel is inside the main Ship CPU and can shut down and engage systems of Zods ship. I think he could have done every little thing to disrupt the ship despite him saying he could not do this or that but a closed door for example can cause a few problems if we are getting petty

Superman can't breathe on a krytonian ship...how can he in space?

Best of all the ending..yeah right as if the glasses could save his identity. Would be a sap not to recognize him . Oh yeah ...who doesn't know who Superman is by now...in the movie. simple reporter found out . And Meloni who was he..one minute army, next minute FBI, then pilot..wow

But you got to admire a civilization that has colonies and can find time to imprison dissidents but don't even have a few interstellar ships to save people.

why did the colonies dies again? Oh yeah..life can exist only on Earth and Krypton in the whole universe. so if Krypton is gone..colonies follow too. what nonsense is that. Aren't colonies supposed to be self sustaining?

How come we have two Kryptonian ships..one which landed in the 80s according to superman's age (since the story takes place nowadays and his dad died in 1997) and the other one landed 20000 years ago. Couldn't they fit some people in it..to save a few for talk sake?
How did Superman land in Kansas undetected in the middle of the heighten cold war . could have worked in the 50s but in the 80s, technology levels were very high and could intercept a pin falling from space , let alone a space ship going undetected.

Why send your son to shelter during a tornado..oh convenient scene here..dad had to die and clark had to watch. what stopped him .He always got away with lesser things so to speak and now his dad's life was on the line and he stood and watch. Wow...talk about inducting an artificial scene for useless drama for nothing.

oh man I could talk all day about the nonsense I had to swallow with this movie. Glad I did not pay to see this movie

Last edited:
As extreme as his opinion is conveyed, he's not wrong. The writing was ridiculously contrived in the film and was pretty much the biggest issue I had with the film.

I was surprised by how the Clark flashbacks and past scenes were handled, things would come and go way too fast. We went from krypton in the past, to earth, to 20 something years later, to Clark's past, etc. Just choose a place to start and go from there.

The film needed space to breath, i enjoyed the 2nd half due to the action scenes but that camera zoom in movement used through the entire film was damn annoying.

1, whatever the first movie ever made was.
2, Avatar.
:)
That was Basically a test, it's called exiting the factory

[YT]BO0EkMKfgJI[/YT]

So no, it wasn't really 100% original

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"