TMOS Reviews Thread - Non Spoiler Review and Discussion - Part 7

:up:My third time will be at 11.00am tomorrow.:yay:

gdammit, sucks i hav to wait until 28th to see this :waa: i'm really encouraged that this has been pretty much vindicated by the ordinary movie going public so far and by the SHH types .. will likely see this a minimum of 3 times on big screen from what i'm seeing here so far

gdammit, sucks i hav to wait until 28th to see this :waa: i'm really encouraged that this has been pretty much vindicated by the ordinary movie going public so far and by the SHH types .. will likely see this a minimum of 3 times on big screen from what i'm seeing here so far

I feel for you! By the time you see it, i'll likely have seen it 6 or.7 times. I love all the posts about how Goyer has to go for MOS 2 because they think it has serious script issues or the dialogue is hokey. Well they are in the minority and based on the money it is making or is going to make, Goyer will be back. and that's fine by me.

I feel for you! By the time you see it, i'll likely have seen it 6 or.7 times. I love all the posts about how Goyer has to go for MOS 2 because they think it has serious script issues or the dialogue is hokey. Well they are in the minority and based on the money it is making or is going to make, Goyer will be back. and that's fine by me.

$$$$ box office doesn't always equal great writing, or even a good movie. However, I loved this movie, but I think that the script was the weakest point, and could have been fleshed out much better. So I don't really see their opinions as unfounded or how BO validates the opposite opinion, and as far as minority...most people I have talked with about the movie, whether they liked it or not, saw the script as the weakest point. I'm doubtful it is the minority...

The movie was a great watch, and I will watch it again very soon, but it wasn't perfect. And its ok to say so....:yay:

Yeah, I loved the film, but also recognise its flaws. But I'd rather have a flawed box office smash than a masterpiece flop at this stage. I left Man of Steel thinking the sequel will likely be much better, so I'm invested in box office takings not so much in the sense of "This means it's great!" as in it makes it more likely Snyder and co will get another go in the not-too-distant future...

Yeah, I loved the film, but also recognise its flaws. But I'd rather have a flawed box office smash than a masterpiece flop at this stage. I left Man of Steel thinking the sequel will likely be much better, so I'm invested in box office takings not so much in the sense of "This means it's great!" as in it makes it more likely Snyder and co will get another go in the not-too-distant future...

Even though I had problems with the movie... this.

If MoS flopped then DC fans would be screwed indefinitely.

I can understand where you are coming from....I really can. I can definitely understand how the Supes fans what a huge Box Office.

I remember how the Batman fans were confused, and freaked out at the low BO of Batman Begins. It was getting great critical feedback, but the BO was slow. That was scary to them...so I understand.

This! I feel like MOS will have an AMAZING sequel. It already topped Begins for me, and I'm a DIE-HARD Batman fan :)

I can understand where you are coming from....I really can. I can definitely understand how the Supes fans what a huge Box Office.

It's the same thing I said back in 2011 pre Green Lantern. I said of all 4 superhero films coming out that year, that was the one that HAD to be a success. The MCU and the X-franchise are now well established enough to be able to eat a film that gets poor reviews or underwhelming box office and keep ticking along. But with a film charged with launching a whole new cinematic franchise, it's make or break. Sadly, we know now how that went with Green Lantern. And the same applies for Man of Steel, only moreso. Thankfully, Man of Steel is a better film, and the box office is looking more promising.

the writing and script ( which I really didn't have a problem with ) can always be improved in the sequel. just get someone to work with Goyer to shore up his weak areas.

and I really want MOS to succeed BO wise. one to prove all those snobbish, elite critics wrong......lol

and, I really want not only a sequel to MOS. but I am now eager to see the Batman, the Wonder Woman, the Flash, Green Lantern, Aquaman, etc. of this new universe.........I want to see the Justice League in this world they created!!!

the writing and script ( which I really didn't have a problem with ) can always be improved in the sequel. just get someone to work with Goyer to shore up his weak areas.

and I really want MOS to succeed BO wise. one to prove all those snobbish, elite critics wrong......lol

and, I really want not only a sequel to MOS. but I am now eager to see the Batman, the Wonder Woman, the Flash, Green Lantern, Aquaman, etc. of this new universe.........I want to see the Justice League in this world they created!!!

Five!!!

So overwhelmed till now

I was hoping for brainiac in a sequel, but honestly zod ended up being so similar (invasion, tentacle A.I.) that it might be underwhelming.

Yeah. A sequel should develop the characters and themes more, and go smaller. Luthor with a master henchman.

I think they will go the Dark Knight Trilogy route. Luthor/Metallo (or other minor villain that Luthor can create) for 2 then Brainiac/Doomsday for 3 to tie it back to Krypton/ first movie.

I want Doomsday to be at the end of the justice league. I want a Return adaptation. ;)

you guys gotta remember the MOS was sort of rushed because of the whole lawsuit with the family of the creators of Superman. despite that, it was still a great film. but now that the film is a success, Snyder, Goyer, & Co. will have more time to come up with a even more solid story hopefully.

Even though I had problems with the movie... this.

If MoS flopped then DC fans would be screwed indefinitely.

In terms of a Justice League moving forward in the near future most definitely.

^ I'd prefer a WF. But tonally, and thematically MOS NEEDS a true sequel. It can then move from the sequel to WF, with maybe Wonder Woman as an appetizer. Produced by the director of The Man of Tomorrow trilogy.. ;)

^ Yep. I expect MOS2 to be a masterpiece of the genre.
I mostly enjoyed MoS, but if Goyer doesn't get a co-writer, I'm afraid that won't be possible. The flaws in this movie that are holding it back from universal acclaim are present in every script David Goyer has ever written. The man doesn't have a "masterpiece" in him, imo.

My #1 wish for the sequel is to have another, better writer announced to do a revision or something. Then I'll truly believe the greatest CBM of all-time is a possibility for MoS 2.

So, consensus among the reviewers here is that they loved the film, but also aknowledged its faults?

There is where I stand too, I loved this awesome, sligtly clumsy film.

Goyer writing alongside the likes of Bruce Timm, Paul Dini, Jona Nolan, etc. would be ideal for future films

Goyer writing alongside the likes of Bruce Timm, Paul Dini, Jona Nolan, etc. would be ideal for future films

Everybody repost this! If the animated writers worked for the upcoming films, we might actually have a GOOD JL movie on our way!

wouldn't it be something if in MOS 2, there's some kind of function where Clark Kent attends as a reporter, Bruce Wayne as a businessman/donor, and Diana Prince as an ambassador??!!

and they're all in the same room together and share a scene together??!!

that's what I want to see. a nod to a larger, shared DC universe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"