TMOS Reviews Thread - Non Spoiler Review and Discussion - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
These reviews don't mean much. Take Hobbit, for example. While not a masterpiece, it's a really great movie. Audience liked it much more than critics.

I would be cool with a 70-73% tomato meter. Make fun of me for liking the Fast and Furious franchise if you want, but Fast 6 sits at 72% and I loved it.

No fun making here, I loved FF 6, I can't wait for the next one.

I'm not sure if it's been posted already but with regards to the RT score - it's a bit odd that the same review from the same writer can be accepted twice just because it's been posted on two different sites....again apologies if already mentioned.

Yeah but we're talking zack snyder not kevin garnett. :o

Really though i'm not sure where all these positive reviews are just going to start popping up from? I think all the big-name or "prestigious" critics have already spoken?

And hating it will be the "cool" thing to do. So I see alot of biased reviews seeing has most ppl hate Snyder and think he's a hack and the new fun thing is to say Nolan was a one trick pony.

Haha, I know.

Well, I'm not really sure where those 270 reviews came for things like TDKR either, but they come from somewhere. By Friday, we'll probably have a good idea of around where it's going to land.

There are a ton left unaccounted for, yes indeed. They will arrive in due time. I think by tomorrow evening we'll have a much better idea.

No fun making here, I loved FF 6, I can't wait for the next one.
:up:

I'm not sure if it's been posted already but with regards to the RT score - it's a bit odd that the same review from the same writer can be accepted twice just because it's been posted on two different sites....again apologies if already mentioned.

Already fixed.

There's a ghost in my browser... shows 40/21, 65%... :huh::huh:

ffffi.png

:word:

And hating it will be the "cool" thing to do. So I see alot of biased reviews seeing has most ppl hate Snyder and think he's a hack and the new fun thing is to say Nolan was a one trick pony.

I have never, ever heard a critic say that. Would definitely like to see proof though.

The Donner Superman movies are campy, cheesy, good fun, but that's it, the action scenes are of course incredibly dated (I saw them again very recently), it's lighthearted, not serious for one second, that's why nostalgia in this case fascinates me, that some people still have this fondness for something that is completely dated.

jesus.... they put the double David Edelstein Reviews up again.... whats going on there.

HAHA,... I trust you.. just my stupid browser wouldn't change the percentage... even now.. .the numbers are correctly displayed though... 40/21... just the percentage didn't budge...

I really want it to get 70% and above. That's all I ask.

I think we're going to have to be content with it being somewhere in the 60s, but anything could happen between now and Friday or even now and tomorrow.

jesus.... the put the double David Edelstein Reviews up again.... whats going on there.

Yeah, now I'm confused.

They wouldn't. But they don't have to because they didn't come out this year.

A deus ex machina is a timeless flaw.
Notice we don't make such excuses for the likes of Citizen Kane/LofArabia, Godfather

and most of the classics of the 70's when STM came out mind you.

Criticize the camp all you want, sure it wouldn't date so well to today's cinema. But the story and characters were well developed and struck the perfect tone. That's where MOS seems to be missing with the critics.

I would rather watch donner's movie which executes the characters and story awesomely, even with its camp, over a superman movie that doesn't get the characters right and is bloated with overtly serious tones.

I agree, Superman Returns did fail in all those categories:whatever:
We'll see how this film is remembered for characterization and what not.

I'll judge this film when I see it, just thought I should point that the contradiction out. Why? Because Donner is being brought up a hell of a lot recently.

Humor me people but this is the weirdest evolution of a hype process for a movie i've ever gone through.... I started off skeptical but hopeful... the trailers/music marketing for this film were done to perfection and of course Zimmer's work oddly enough had my hopes for this film to perhaps scratch the greatness of Begins and maybe sniff Rises territory (i wasn't putting TDK expectations on it) ... And then the early word coming out basically affirming that hype had me literally feverishly hyped for this quintessential telling of the superman story.

Fast forward to days before the film and looking at the most optimistic of tomatometer scores being 10% points lower than RETURNS!?!??

I'm perplexed to say the least and oddly expect to enjoy the flick more with lowered earthly expectations....

I'm not being nostalgic or idealizing the past, I'm merely recognizing what superman movies in the past did RIGHT, in light of where MOS has allegedly gone wrong.

It could be possible that critics are just getting weary of the brooding superhero. We got three Batman movies, a Spider-man reboot with a more brooding Peter Parker, now Superman is headed that direction, and Wolverine doesn't look far off from that route as well. So far Marvel seems to be the only ones trying to buck that trend.

Humor me people but this is the weirdest evolution of a hype process for a movie i've ever gone through.... I started off skeptical but hopeful... the trailers/music marketing for this film were done to perfection and of course Zimmer's work oddly enough had my hopes for this film to perhaps scratch the greatness of Begins and maybe sniff Rises territory (i wasn't putting TDK expectations on it) ... And then the early word coming out basically affirming that hype had me literally feverishly hyped for this quintessential telling of the superman story.

Fast forward to days before the film and looking at the most optimistic of tomatometer scores being 10% points lower than RETURNS!?!??

I'm perplexed to say the least and oddly expect to enjoy the flick more with lowered earthly expectations....

It's not weird. It's pretty normal actually. Ask anyone who followed Green Lantern on the Hype.

Can you imagine the relief that Brian Singer is feeling right now? Lol that dude must feel like it's Christmas right about now.

I just came here to ask about this. How is that crap possible?

Guys. You really need to just block Rotten Tomatoes from your web browser. It's not benefiting anybody. It's making this place a real downer.

I don't think nostalgia and longing for Reeves is the problem. The problem seems to ensue from the movie itself.

Look, many negative reviews are because this Superman is "too serious", no humor, little romance... just different from the Donner version. Amazing Spider-Man had a similar problem, many critics didn't like it either because they were comparing it to Raimi's version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"