Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux - Part 2

Assuming if one of Loki's biggest motivations in helping Thor is to gain revenge for Frigga having been supposedly murdered by Malekith, my question would probably be as to why Loki would still care about Frigga considering on how he's essentially abandoned and let go of those that were in his life while he was still an asgardian prince.

Frigga has never abandoned Loki. In the prequel comic, it was revealed that she made a psychic connection with him before he came to Earth. Also in the prequel, she greets and hugs him upon his return to Asgard. Then Odin tells him that it is only because of Frigga that he is not being executed as punishment for his crimes. It's also been mentioned in some of the articles/interviews about TDW that it's Frigga who supplies Loki with books, a bed, and other comforts in his cell. She loves him, sees the good in him, and thus it's fully believable that he loves her in return. She is his lifeline, and if
she is murdered by Malekith or Kurse, which I think is a given at this point, with all the revelations/spoilers/hints given/leaked over the past months
--he is going to be both grieving and furious. The teaming up of Thor and Loki hinges on this point; it's what makes it work.

:whatever:

I'm glad that Loki's magic is going to be more showcased in this movie. He's got a lot to offer for power and it'll be interesting to see Thor's strength and Loki's magic working together.

another one

This is all of Loki scenes in another Thor trailer

[YT]aLYfiOqBKhQ[/YT]

:huh: Something went down to make Thor want to escape Asgard and get revenge. Apparently it's bad enough to get Loki's help. Or am I misinterpreting it?

I think the bad guy locked Thor in Asgard, and is attacking Earth

Thor needs to get back there to save the petty and tiny humans

Maybe the Bifrost gets destroyed...again.

Probably just his human woman is dying and only can be saved by finding the reason of her illness - Mal (and avenge mother`s death in the process). Odin, clearly not approving of his son`s strange romantic habits, do not let him leave so he have to escape.

That makes sense. I was wondering why Thor would try to "escape" unless of course Jane was in danger. :cwink:

Probably just his human woman is dying and only can be saved by finding the reason of her illness - Mal (and avenge mother`s death in the process). Odin, clearly not approving of his son`s strange romantic habits, do not let him leave so he have to escape.

It's been said that, in this film, Thor will have to decide between his duties as (future) ruler of Asgard and his personal feelings, so that makes sense.

It's been said that, in this film, Thor will have to decide between his duties as (future) ruler of Asgard and his personal feelings, so that makes sense.
I think that Odin, in the end let him stay on Earth with Jane and humans to become wised more, responsible etc. instead of exile like in the first time. It would be in hope that his love for this world and woman will burn out in time. For woman? - sure thing! - for world?-we all know it`s impossible=).

another one

[YT]aLYfiOqBKhQ[/YT]

I do have to say they did a good job of making Zachary Levi resemble Josh Dallas as Fandral in that brief shot of him.

Interesting

another one

[YT]aLYfiOqBKhQ[/YT]

Speaking of Loki . . . in the scene where he's smiling, hair blowing in the wind: what's he happy about? Somewhere I saw a comment saying that he's happy to be out of prison, but to me his glee has a sinister edge. Is he scheming? Inquiring minds want to know! (I'm talking about the scene of his face only, not the one where he is talking and Fandral is in the background.)

Last edited:
Speaking of Loki . . . in the scene where he's smiling, hair blowing in the wind: what's he happy about? Somewhere I saw a comment saying that he's happy to be out of prison, but to me his glee has a sinister edge. Is he scheming? Inquiring minds want to know! (I'm talking about the scene of his face only, not the one where he is talking and Fandral is in the background.)

In the one TV spot, it showed that scene accompanied by Thor saying "Loki!" He said it in a mad sort of tone so I'm thinking that Loki's smile is sinister and back-stabbing.

In the one TV spot, it showed that scene accompanied by Thor saying "Loki!" He said it in a mad sort of tone so I'm thinking that it is a sinister, back-stabbing sort of smile.

Yes, I noticed that as well. I'm not convinced that Thor's yelling goes with that scene, but Thor does sound angry, and also that he's warning Loki not to do something. I think Loki's grin looks a bit maniacal.

Agreed. I don't think it goes with the scene either, I think they just paired the two together to highlight what probably is a double cross by Loki.

Agreed. I don't think it goes with the scene either, I think they just paired the two together to highlight what probably is a double cross by Loki.

. . . or they paired them together to fool us! Maybe Loki is genuinely just happy to get to put on fresh clothes and get out of his cell.

I'm also wondering if Thor's scolding tone in that audio is in response to Loki going against his orders, but not doing a double cross. Like Thor tells Loki "stay here, I'll take care of Kurse myself!" and Loki goes on to challenge Kurse anyway (and gets "Hulk smashed" yet again!).

. . . or they paired them together to fool us! Maybe Loki is genuinely just happy to get to put on fresh clothes and get out of his cell.

I'm also wondering if Thor's scolding tone in that audio is in response to Loki going against his orders, but not doing a double cross. Like Thor tells Loki "stay here, I'll take care of Kurse myself!" and Loki goes on to challenge Kurse anyway (and gets "Hulk smashed" yet again!).

:funny: Prison life doesn't seem so bad in Asgard. Not like in North America where Loki would likely be someone's girlfriend in a jail full of degenerates.

:funny: Prison life doesn't seem so bad in Asgard. Not like in North America where Loki would likely be someone's girlfriend in a jail full of degenerates.

It's the other way around. They'd end up being his *****.
(I will probably get in trouble for this) :word:

To get back the happy, I made two more! :woot:

Loki THEN

and NOW

:up: He's definitely upped his bad-assery.

I agree! Can't wait to see what he has up his sleeve this time . . .

Something occurred to me last night regarding the two different "when do we start" scenes we've seen in the various clips. So now that we have that delicious Thor/Loki clip, we know where one of them goes.

But what about the other scene of Loki saying "when do we start?" I'm wondering if this could occur at the end of the film, after Loki has been installed back in his cell. Maybe someone else shows up and offers to release Loki in exchange for his help. And maybe that someone is of a villainous persuasion . . . thoughts?

I agree! Can't wait to see what he has up his sleeve this time . . .

Something occurred to me last night regarding the two different "when do we start" scenes we've seen in the various clips. So now that we have that delicious Thor/Loki clip, we know where one of them goes.

But what about the other scene of Loki saying "when do we start?" I'm wondering if this could occur at the end of the film, after Loki has been installed back in his cell. Maybe someone else shows up and offers to release Loki in exchange for his help. And maybe that someone is of a villainous persuasion . . . thoughts?

Oh! Nice call on that! The same line, two different scenes, two different people he's talking to. I like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"