Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux - Part 2

I really don't understand the female's attraction to him, as I see him as an average looking guy with not a lot of masculine features.

Not to derail the thread or anything, but I guess you can say the exact same thing about Andrew Garfield. I think a big part of their status as sex symbols stems from the cheekiness and charm of their characters on the big screen. If anyone has ever read The Wheel of Time, they're like Mat Cauthon - not big, brawny archetypes, but something mischievous, and that's appealing I guess?

Not to derail the thread or anything, but I guess you can say the exact same thing about Andrew Garfield. I think a big part of their status as sex symbols stems from the cheekiness and charm of their characters on the big screen. If anyone has ever read The Wheel of Time, they're like Mat Cauthon - not big, brawny archetypes, but something mischievous, and that's appealing I guess?

:up: That comment just made my day.

It totally is, though. Charm, guile, intelligence, and charisma are all major contributing factors, in terms of attraction (at least in my experience). Physical appearance is only part of the whole picture; someone could be extremely pleasing to look at, or the complete opposite- it won't matter in the long run, if there isn't something interesting about them intellectually or personality-wise to hold your attention. There's got to be something beyond face-value to capture and hold the interest of others, or else the attraction will likely be short-lived.

That's just my opinion, of course. :oldrazz:

Popcorn Taxi did a Q&A with Tom Hiddleston today, hopefully they'll have the video of the Q&A up soon. But someone that was able to attend (and saw some of the sneak peek footage that I guess they showed) had this to say about what happens just prior to that first official clip that was released:

Don't read if you don't want spoilers:
http://thormovies.tumblr.com/post/63480722771

Picture of him at the Q&A event
MarvelAUNZ ‏@MarvelAUNZ
Verified Account
@twhiddleston at the @Popcorn_Taxi Q&A. #Loki #ThorAU pic.twitter.com/mOViaHGeSt
BWCoHXXCAAAvPUB.jpg:large

Tom Hiddleston
Actor
What you lookin' at, big guy? #Loki #ThorDarkWorld
433853_500x500wc.jpg

Last edited:
I like what he says about "older women" and what they love about loki. Being one of those "older women," I'm drawn first to his badassery, followed by the complexity---gee, is there some residue of compassion in there?

http://media.smh.com.au/entertainment/behind-the-scenes/loki-the-likeable-villain-4813339.html

Love this whole interview; thanks for posting. And I'm an "older woman" who is definitely drawn to the "delicacy of [Loki's] emotional palette." I am so taken with how Tom interprets Loki, both on screen and when he's discussing the character.

Lego Loki ‏@Loki_Lego

.@twhiddleston I swear I was looking elsewhere! pic.twitter.com/o6AALVjAZ6
Retweeted by Tom Hiddleston

BWF2j7VCIAAU0Wp.jpg:large

Lego Loki ‏@Loki_Lego

.@twhiddleston I swear I was looking elsewhere! pic.twitter.com/o6AALVjAZ6
Retweeted by Tom Hiddleston

BWF2j7VCIAAU0Wp.jpg:large
One of my twitter friends is with that parody account, she just about died when he not only retweeted, but followed Lego Loki as well *lol*

Hmmm...Tom Hiddleston vs. Loki...now that would be an interesting fan comic idea. lol

I was rewatching this spot (several times actually...... in a row :oldrazz:) the other day and I admit, I found myself kind of captivated by how Loki is looking at his brother in this (brief) shot. It's just...... interesting

edit: Oh, and the video of the Popcorn Taxi Q&A session is supposed to be up on Monday

Last edited:
I was rewatching this spot (several times actually...... in a row :oldrazz:) the other day and I admit, I found myself kind of captivated by how Loki is looking at his brother in this (brief) shot. It's just...... interesting

edit: Oh, and the video of the Popcorn Taxi Q&A session is supposed to be up on Monday

I was thinking the same thing. He also still calls Thor "brother" in the film. I mean, he grew up with him as a brother for what, 1000 years? Only a year and a half has passed since the events in the first Thor. Despite everything that has happened, it would be hard to completely erase the brotherly bond they shared for a millenium.

I was just thinking of how funny a skit it would be for Tom involving him doing a double role as both himself and Loki, like they're the Odd Couple. The man really needs a Youtube/Hulu/etc. etc. page so he can make funny skits in his spare time and post them for our entertainment.

I was thinking the same thing. He also still calls Thor "brother" in the film. I mean, he grew up with him as a brother for what, 1000 years? Only a year and a half has passed since the events in the first Thor. Despite everything that has happened, it would be hard to completely erase the brotherly bond they shared for a millenium.
Thats interesting thing indeed as this bond is not erasable. And thats make their relationships one of the most interesting aspects of each character. Like how can can they tear each other apart yet love each other in the same moment. Crazy,funny and sad.

Thats interesting thing indeed as this bond is not erasable. And thats make their relationships one of the most interesting aspects of each character. Like how can can they tear each other apart yet love each other in the same moment. Crazy,funny and sad.
One word, IMO can sum all that up: Shakespearean :cwink:

Honestly, I'm a bit confused regarding on how Marvel wants audiences to feel about Loki going into this film.

It's obvious that they've been promoting this film by using Thor teaming up with his brother as one of the major cruxes of this film, and yet are people supposed to root for them, let alone for Loki given everything that he's done in "The Avengers"?

I mean are they just going to treat it as though they'll sweep away his sins under the rug due to "helping" Thor take on Malekith?

Honestly, I'm a bit confused regarding on how Marvel wants audiences to feel about Loki going into this film.

It's obvious that they've been promoting this film by using Thor teaming up with his brother as one of the major cruxes of this film, and yet are people supposed to root for them, let alone for Loki given everything that he's done in "The Avengers"?

I mean are they just going to treat it as though they'll sweep away his sins under the rug due to "helping" Thor take on Malekith?
When Agent-M was asked "Why do anyone want to free Loki?!" during that tee shirt twitter thing his answer was short : He is pretty cool and ladies love him! So in the eyes of his fan base he is not the villain and have done nothing that needs to be redeemed.

So being responsible for killing several thousands of innocent lives, while trying to have also killed your own brother and gamble with your father's life is considered cool and right?

Okay....

Almost looks like big brother hero worship. Nice subtext.

Good catch!

Is it cynical of me to think that Marvel mainly "wants" the audience to pay to see the film and doesn't care how the audience views Loki? That being said, I don't think they'll sweep away his crimes, based on the scenes we've seen so far. Asgard and Midgard hate Loki, and I think the film will show that. And I doubt his prison sentence will be revoked by Thor or Odin, even if he "behaves" and doesn't double cross Thor.

But I also think that for the plot setup to work, the audience needs to believe in, and root for, Thor and Loki to succeed as a team. Works for me; how about you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"