3. Gargoyles
4. Pokemon
5. The Pirates of Darkwater
6. ReBoot
7. M.A.S.K
8. Visionaries
9. King Arthur and the Knights of Justice
10. Attack of the Killer Tomatoes

I just realized that Mighty Max was a little bit of Buffy and a little bit of Doctor Who.

1. C.O.P.S.
2. Brave Starr
3. Galaxy Rangers
4. Jayce & The Wheeled Warriors
5. M.A.S.K.
6. Pole Position
7. Defenders Of The Earth
8. Skeleton Warriors
9. Bionic Six
10. Pirates Of Dark Water

6. Pole Position
No more racing movies, they are handled terribly in most cases, just look at Drive or Driven (the one with Stallone).

I rather see a good documentary, just like SENNA was! Actually, that is not a good documentary, it's an EPIC one/

Never mind the fact that Pole Position sounds like a movie about strippers.

MASK
Exo Squad
key_art_exosquad.jpg

The Mysterious cities of Gold
Mazinger Z
Avatar the last Airbender. A decent adaptation.
Voltron
Tailspin (hoping for costumes like they used in Where the wild things are)
Spartakus and the sun beneath the sea
600full-spartakus-and-the-sun-beneath-the-sea-screenshot.jpg

Dinoriders
cover.jpg

Johnny Quest

I’ve come to notice that few American old cartoons really pass the testo f times. Japanese animation, on the other hand, seems to stay the same over the years.

These are five examples that’d do great stories for movies. For thosew oif you who didn'0t know them I'll sum them up.

cobra-the-space-pirate.jpg

COBRA THE SPACE PIRATE

Based on James Bond, this futuristic pirate lacks the arrogant air of the British secret agent and is, instead, very funny and a childish jester.

He was a pirate with a lot of enemies but changed his face and deleted his own memory. When the story begins he recovers his identity and has to run from his old enemies while helping beautiful women – dress in the tiniest space suits – in distress. Like Bond, he has the ability to take a lot of ladies to his bedroom but always using a mix of child-like personality and ladies man.

One of my favourite characteristics is his psycho-gun: under his fake left arm he hides a powerful laser gun which works with the power of his mind.

It started as a manga in late 70’s, an animated movie in 1982, which soun a 31 episode series.

oscar4.jpg

LADY OSCAR (aka THE ROSE OF VERSAILLES)

Born to a French general around 30 years before the French Revolution, Oscar was supposed to be born a male who could protect the king of France. But she was born a beautiful girl. To fight his disappointment, general Jarjayes raises his daughter as man and trains her to be the best swordsman. When she turns 14 she’s ordered by the king himself to be the guardian of his daughter Marie Antoinette.

Lies, instrigues, impossible loves, wars and the constant conflict of living like a man repressing her femininity, this was a manga in the early 70’s, a movie in 1979, a 40 episode series in 1980 and even a play.

macross.jpg

ROBOTECH (aka Super Dimensional Fortress Macross)

No, it wasn’t called Robotech. It was 3 different series that some American people disguised as one. But the story of Fortress Macross was very good, included epic space wars, giant aliens and romance.

I think I heard that Tobey Maguire was interested in a movie about it.

mazz.jpg

MAZINGER Z (aka TRANZOR Z)

Japanese series from 1972 about a giant robot commanded by a man in a flying machine inserted in the robot’s head. The villiains were excellent: Dr. Hell, an old man in green tights who wanted to take over the world, Baron Ashura, a human being whose left half is male and whose right half is female (yes, that’s right), and Count Brocken, a man whose headless body would carry his own head in his hands.

geko.jpg

GEKKO KAMEN (aka MOONLIGHT MASK)

A 1972 36-episode anime preceeded by a long TV series in the 50’s. Mix of Batman and Lone Ranger, this man was a misterious superhero without superpowers but, of course, a superb psyhical training. His weapons included ninja stars, a whip and a dart gun. The enemies were James Bond-like: Claw of Satan (Satan himself incarnated in a man), Dr. Dogma, a tiny evil scientist who uses a giant gorilla cyborg to take over the world and Dragon’s Fang, another costumed villiain.

I’ve come to notice that few American old cartoons really pass the testo f times. Japanese animation, on the other hand, seems to stay the same over the years.

These are five examples that’d do great stories for movies. For thosew oif you who didn'0t know them I'll sum them up.

cobra-the-space-pirate.jpg

COBRA THE SPACE PIRATE

Didn't Alexandre Aja's working on Cobra movie? :BA

cobrathespacepirate.jpg

mazz.jpg

MAZINGER Z (aka TRANZOR Z)

Japanese series from 1972 about a giant robot commanded by a man in a flying machine inserted in the robot’s head. The villiains were excellent: Dr. Hell, an old man in green tights who wanted to take over the world, Baron Ashura, a human being whose left half is male and whose right half is female (yes, that’s right), and Count Brocken, a man whose headless body would carry his own head in his hands.

geko.jpg

GEKKO KAMEN (aka MOONLIGHT MASK)

A 1972 36-episode anime preceeded by a long TV series in the 50’s. Mix of Batman and Lone Ranger, this man was a misterious superhero without superpowers but, of course, a superb psyhical training. His weapons included ninja stars, a whip and a dart gun. The enemies were James Bond-like: Claw of Satan (Satan himself incarnated in a man), Dr. Dogma, a tiny evil scientist who uses a giant gorilla cyborg to take over the world and Dragon’s Fang, another costumed villiain.

These two I loved!!:up:

1. Voltron
  2. G-Force
  3. Tranzor-Z
  4. M.A.S.K.
  5. He-Man
  6. Gragoyles
  7. Samurai Jack
  8. Johnny Quest
  9. Thundercats
  10. Silverhawks
Didn't realize I had posted in this thread before but, ended up with a longer list.

There was a GTO movie & TV series back in the late 90s played perfectly by Takashi Sorimachi :word:

I'm aware I just want another one. While entertaining it was still rough around the edges.

Didn't Alexandre Aja's working on Cobra movie? :BA

cobrathespacepirate.jpg

I had heard a few rumours. I just hope it's true.

The poster looks great. I just hope they won't make him into a clihe sex symbol and will keep Cobra's bravery and child-like spirit, facing the enemy but running and screaming like a clown when he has to run from danger.

These two I loved!!:up:

:up: Very good selection sir.

Haha, yes. I don't know about a movie but I wanted to know her so much years ago. Until she got involved with a rich junior. Then I hated her!!! :argh:

1. Thundercats
2. Mighty Max
3. Gargoyles
4. Pokemon
5. The Pirates of Darkwater
6. ReBoot
7. M.A.S.K
8. Visionaries
9. King Arthur and the Knights of Justice
10. Attack of the Killer Tomatoes

The Attack of the Killer Tomatoes was based off of a live action movie made in 1978 that had 3 sequels.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attack_of_the_Killer_Tomatoes

My list would be :
10.) Action Man
9.) Mighty Max
8.) Dexter's Lab
7.) Samurai Jack
6.) Dino Riders
5.) Little Dracula
4.) Bruno the Kid
3.) Voltron
2.) Thundercats
1.) Space Ghost