'Total Recall' ready for revival - Part 1

I don't recall (sorry) that the movie was a dream. There was that line at the end that went something like
Quaid - "What if this is all a dream?"
Melina - "Kiss me now, before you wake up."

I always thought it was real.

Ebert and Drew from HitFix liked it so that's definitely a big positive for me. :up:

It's a remake of a popular film that will be reviewed by many people from the "Back when action movies were R rated" brigade, so it was always going to have an uphill battle.

I think the movie looks good, and I'm excited to see it. I don't really worry about what the reviews say, I'll judge the movie after I've seen it, but from the previews so far I think I'm gonna like it.

I'm seeing this for free tonight. I don't have the highest of hopes for it.

Ebert and Drew from HitFix liked it so that's definitely a big positive for me. :up:

That is but they're just part of the 5 out of 24 who liked it. Only The Watch has a worse rating out of all the big release summer films.

I'm a HUGE fan of the original. It's one of my top 5 fav movies of all time. That being said, i'm going to give this a shot.The trailers look good and i'm looking forward to a fight between Biel and Beckinsale!

I don't recall (sorry) that the movie was a dream. There was that line at the end that went something like
Quaid - "What if this is all a dream?"
Melina - "Kiss me now, before you wake up."

I always thought it was real.

You were meant to leave thinking, "what was it?" Verhoeven says they also placed the little melody at the end with a flash of blue-ish(?) light to suggest a dream, but that to him it was all actually reality, he just wanted the audience to think and debate about it.

I've debated this for many years, but the fact that he saw Melina on the monitior at Recall pretty much confirms it for me.

Ebert felt Ah-nold had more heart though as opposed to Farrell. Anyone other than the Governator in a role just seems kind of bland by comparison.

Len Wiseman just doesn't inspire me at all. His Underworld movies are mediocre at best, and let's not talk about what he did to the Die Hard franchise. It doesn't look like he's gotten any better with this.

It just looks so bland. Just another mediocre action film. Nothing inspired.

I'm most interested in the futuristic setting. I really like the design they went for in this film.

I don't know. It looks like a less involved Minority Report setting wise.

[YT]U3_518wWY94[/YT]

My video review.

Had fun and the action sequences were cool but this is a forgettable remake that brought virtually nothing new to the table.

I thought it was cool, nothing great but a decent Sci Fi action flick. Alot of missed opportunities especially on the classic scenes that they are trying to recreate. Nice to see they showed a bit of nudity on one of those scenes, didnt think we would see that in a pg-13 even if it was quick. Really liked the designs of the city and some of the weapons used. The net gun seemed straight out of a video game and was pretty cool. I think this flick actually out did Bay on how many lens flares can show up. Literally one every 5 shots.

As a whol it doesnt come close to the original but when it comes down to it Beckinsale be hot and kicked all kinds of ass. Its worth the price for her imo. Someone could have took her to the shooting range though. She could wreck anyone hand to hand but couldnt shoot ****. Always hitting innocent people around her target even in close range haha.

Last edited:
This is action from beginning to end. I enjoyed it. And the design of the futuristic society is the best I've seen since The Fifth Element.

so no Mars at all?

what's up with the chick with 3 boobs? seeing as how it's PG-13 i very much doubt we get to have a good view of them.

so no Mars at all?

what's up with the chick with 3 boobs? seeing as how it's PG-13 i very much doubt we get to have a good view of them.

Actually
it's brief, but she flashes all three of them unclothed, nipples and all.

Just saw the film. 7/10. I thought it was fine, some of the action sequences were very cool. However, I still think the original one is a much better film.

For those who saw it, is it worth seeing it full price in the theaters

Yeah, If you dig action/sci fi alot I would def recommend checking it out. Just dont expect it to be as good as the original.

Ebert felt Ah-nold had more heart though as opposed to Farrell. Anyone other than the Governator in a role just seems kind of bland by comparison.

I agree...but surprisingly I still enjoyed Farrell in the role more. Some of the stuff Farrell did in this flick I don't think a Buffed out Arnold could have done.

Just saw the film and I liked it. Farrell is kinda forgettable, but he works. The movie is good ...but at the end I thought...

"That was enjoyable. I still don't understand the need to do a remake. Oh, and WTF with them not being on Mars?!!?!"

7 out of 10 from me.

If it'd had a better lead actor...maybe an 8 out of 10.

No! I'm relieved i didn't pay to see it..
i can't even name a remake that was better than the previous version.

It was BLAND, no mars? no Mutants?? WHY?? to save money? to just push out another sure fire hit on the coat tales of the previous Original Hit starring Arnold?

I'll never go to a theater to see a remake ever again, even if its Free.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"