Age of Extinction Transformers 4 is going to be AWESOME.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nelson from Bays site responded when asked about the return of Sideswipe or Dino (Mirage). Doesn't sound like it's happening.

http://www.shootfortheedit.com/foru...no-amp-Sideswipe-won-t-appear-in-TF4&p=210388

Glad we are getting Drift and Dinobots but that still sucks, SideSwipe was def the coolest autobot and I hate when characters vanish (with the exception of The Twins). Oh well, at least he didn't go down like a *****.

That is a real shame, Ratchet and Sideswipe especially deserved more screen-time. Very surprised he has got rid of them, Ratchet especially as he is a fan favourite and a G1 staple.

Excited for the Dinobots and Drift though, I hope both are like their comic-book counterparts, Drift should have some awesome fight scenes.

Shame Jetfire isnt still around as well, him and Grimlock were always at odds as Grimlock didnt trust him from his Decepticon days.

Yeah, would have been rad to see Jetfire stick around.

So is Ratchet confirmed no show? Have not been keeping up with all the pics and set vids.

^Ha ha, good old Bayhem, got to give it to the man he is dedicated.

So is Chicago an actual setting for the movie like the last one or just a stand-in?

^Doesnt look much different to me, but that in only the toy, maybe in the movie he will look a bit more different to the previous trilogy.

I notice the metal outcroppings attached to the arms. Don't know what that's about.

Michael Bay: Alleged attacker was like a 'zombie'

Thursday was a wacky day at work for director Michael Bay, who was reportedly attacked by two men while filming the latest installation of the Transformers movie franchise in Hong Kong.

Local police tell Reuters that two young men -- brothers -- approached Bay and the younger sibling demanded that he hand over nearly $13,000.

According to local police, the older brother attacked Bay and then assaulted police who tried to intervene. Both brothers were arrested; the younger on suspicion of blackmail and assault and the elder on suspicion of assault.

In a post on his blog, Bay decided to set the record straight on exactly what happened during the bizaare incident -- and why money was at the root of it.

"Yes, the story is (sic) being passed around is not all true! Yes, some drugged up guys were being belligerent asses to my crew for hours in the morning of our first shoot day in Hong Kong. One guy rolled metal carts into some of my actors trying to shake us down for thousands of dollars to not play his loud music or hit us with bricks.

Every vendor where we shot got paid a fair price for our inconvenience, but he wanted four times that amount. I personally told this man and his friends to forget it we were not going to let him extort us. He didn't like that answer. So an hour later he came by my crew as we were shooting, carrying a long air conditioner unit. He walked right up to me and tried to smack my face, but I ducked threw the air unit on the floor and pushed him away. That's when the security jumped on him. But it took seven big guys to subdue him. It was like a Zombie in Brad Pitt's movie World War Z—he lifted seven guys up and tried to bite them. He actually bit into one of the guards Nike shoe, insane. Thank god it was an Air Max, the bubble popped, but the toe was saved.

Then it took fifteen Hong Kong cops in riot gear to deal with these punks. In all, four guys were arrested for assaulting the officers."

A police spokesperson said Bay suffered injuries to the right side of his face, but declined to seek medical treatment. His rep, however, says the director was not injured during the alleged attack.

"The director ducked and wrested the air conditioner from his attacker, preventing what could have been a serious accident. The company's security team quickly stepped in and subdued the assault. The police, who also scuffled with the assailant and two of his companions, ultimately arrested the three men. No one on the cast or crew was injured and the production immediately resumed filming without further incident," Bay's spokesperson said in a statement obtained by The New York Times,.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2013/10/17/director-michael-bay-attacked-on-transformers-set/2999699/

That's scary how close they were able to get before security got there. What if they had a knife or gun

Crazy, man. i will give Bay props for fighting them off though.

He actually bit into one of the guards Nike shoe, insane. Thank god it was an Air Max, the bubble popped, but the toe was saved.

Product Placement

I think the brothers were mad that once again, Hot Rod is left out of the film.

It's been a bit of a cluster**** out there... First the 'zombie' attack, then bay almost got beaned by a member of his crew accidentky dropping a radio over the side of a roof.... And it's been reported that one of the cars was damaged (suspect it's not one of the big expensive cars, but an Audi that was dinged).

In other news, it's possible that the robot mode for Swoop might have been revealed via the clapperboards. Annoyingly the only shot I have seen has a watermark directly over that side of the clapperboard...

Is it me, or is the Transformers board dead as heck? Plus, there's barely any threads here.

I don't remember the other three films having this drought, espcially during the shoots.

I guess because people know what to expect of a Bayformers Movie. I haven't watched the last one in Theaters, don't plan on watching the 4th. But I occasionally check the thread out of boredom, when it gets bumped to the top.

Is it me, or is the Transformers board dead as heck? Plus, there's barely any threads here.

I don't remember the other three films having this drought, espcially during the shoots.

Might have been more threads but I don't really remember the DOTM boards being active that much prior to the trailer tbh. And even then still don't think it was that busy.

The movie news on this one does seem more quiet though compared to the others. Some of the videos on youtube of the city explosions have been pretty impressive.

Last edited:
When it comes to hype and fandom it died with RotF, but i do remember the DotM thread being very active when the film came out, at the time i think most were saying good things about it.

Yeah, I'm sure things will pick up near release.

I do think ROTF turned a lot of people off the franchise. Was anyone here when TF1 was released? These boards were extremely busy then and leading upto ROTF as well.

DOTM easily was the quietest the TF boards have been, and now with AOE its gone even quieter. Maybe DOTM turned a few others off as well.

Really? I think RotF was a bigger turn off than DotM, the third film in least had some amazing set pieces, while Revenge was just unwatchable to me.

Really? I think RotF was a bigger turn off than DotM, the third film in least had some amazing set pieces, while Revenge was just unwatchable to me.

Thats basically what I said ha ha :woot:. I just think DOTM maybe turned a few more away who were going to give the franchise one last chance after ROTF. AOE boards have been even quieter than the DOTM ones were.

Killing characters like Starcream in such bad ways probably didn't help, but i do think it was a way more entertaining and enjoyable film than 2, i certainly had a great time watching this in 3D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"