Tumbleweed, USA: The Wild West RPG Sign-Up/OOC Thread

I shouldn't do this, but this is too cool of an opportunity to pass up.

Screen Name: Carnage27

Character's Name: Harrison "Sly Harry" Kraige

Character's Occupation: Outlaw

Brief Description of the Character's Appearance and Personality: Tall, dark, and hansom, Harrison Kraige doesn't fit the bill for your run of the mill outlaw. With his dark hair and striking green eyes, he's been known to seduce women out of house and home. He isn't afraid to get his hands dirty, though. He has some of the quickest hands and best shot in the west.

Sample Post:

"Go, you no good, smelly cow!" Harrison Kraige screamed at his horse. He couldn't wait to get as far away from Thunder Mesa as he possibly could.

He spent the past five months working his way into the pants of Melanie Ravenswood, who is the daughter of the owner of Big Thunder Mountain Mine, one of the richest gold mines in the west. Little did the fool of a woman know that all Sly Harry Kraige was after was her father's fortune.

As his horse galloped farther from the town, the outlaw took a peak into the saddle bag just to check on the mounds of money he had stuffed there.

"Ahhhh, this is the life," Kraige said to himself as he past a sign that read: Tumbleweed 30 Miles.

So Harry's last name was originally going to be Johnson, but then I noticed his name would be "Sly Harry" Johnson...and well I wasn't looking forward to the ridicule that whould have garnered.

I shouldn't, but hell with it.

Application for Residency in Tumbleweed, USA

Screen Name: wiegeabo

Character's Name: Jethro 'Chance' Morgan

Character's Occupation: Former gun for hire

Brief Description of the Character's Appearance and Personality:
Jethro grew up the son of a farmer but was never one for sticking around in one place. Left home as a teenager to explore the countryside.

Over time, Jethro grew to be fast on the draw and worth every penny. But he's never killed a man who didn't deserve it and never takes a penny from a cause he doesn't think is right.

Back in the war, Jethro fought for the North. He was always at the front of the battle, as if he had nothing to live for, or something he wanted to run from. This earned him the nickname he goes by to this day.

Now, after years of putting his life on the line to earn a living, Chance is looking to slow down. Maybe even set up a real life. And he's hoping that Tumbleweed is just the place to do that.

Sample Post:

"Uno màs, por favor."

The lovely young woman sets another bottle of tequila down on the table. Not my favorite drink, but when you're across the border, options tend to be limited.

"Well, my friend. Thank you very much again," the man sitting next to me says as he slaps me on the back. He reaches over and picks up the bottle, pouring us both another shot.

"It was my pleasure, Sénior. No one has the right to take another person's property. Especially a herd of horses as fine as yours." I fake a smile, but I'm not really feeling it. All I'm really feeling lately is tired. Bone tired.

My 'friend' smiles. "I'm glad you agree. Your reputation is everything I had heard." He lifts his glass. "To you!"

I clink mine against his. "And to you, sir."

"Are you sure you won't take one of my fine horses as part of your payment. It is the least I could do."

"No thank you, my friend. The money is fine. My horse has done me well for a long time now. Wouldn't dream of giving him up."

"So what will you do now, my friend?"

"Enjoy some more of this fine tequila. Get a little rest. Then head back up north and see what awaits me."

"Very good. One shouldn't plan too far ahead. Live for today, my father always said."

"My father always said 'Get out here and help me you lazy bastard'." We both laugh and he pours us another glass.

God, I'm tired...

Application for Residency in Tumbleweed, USA

Screen Name: Matt Murdock

Character's Name: Michael O'Rourke

Character's Occupation: Outlaw, prisoner.

Brief Description of the Character's Appearance and Personality: He's gruff, he's raggedy. He's been as far west as San Fransisco, during the Gold Rush. The gold he came back with? Stolen. The woman on the back of his horse? Stole that, too. He's a gun runner, thug, and a scoundrel. He doesn't talk about his past, and there's a reason for that. It's not that he's not proud of it... he's just not interested enough to share it. He's out for himself, and himself alone.

Sample Post:

Iron bars and three brick walls. Those're all that separate Michael O'Rourke from the free world. He's beneath the sheriff's station, in the jail.

"You got anything you wanna say?"

The brim of his hat hangs over his eyes, casting a shadow along his furrowed brow.

"I don't s'pose I can say that I'm innocent, can I?" O'Rourke asked, his deep growl echoing through the stone corridor.

"No."

O'Rourke snickered and pulled the brim of his hat down, closing his eyes.

"Then, no." He sneered, "Just give the gallows my regards."

Accepted. There's one spot open still, though I might (MIGHT) let another one or two people in if demand is that high.

Always nice to have a couple of spares for the inevitable drop outs.

That's what I'm thinking, especially since I'll be cutting off applications after a bit.

I'm really excited for this.
Need to brush up on my history, though.

We don't have any miners or ranchers, eh? :(

To Murdock: No need, just watch a few westerns and you'll be fine. Either way, Tumbleweed won't stay a quaint little western town for very long.

We don't have any miners or ranchers, eh? :(

Nope, but they're not really crucial. I was (and still am) hoping for someone to play the Mayor, but I can handle him as an NPC.

I thought I had a potential mayor in an RPer today, but looks like he crapped out on me.

I really am tempted, but I know that I don't have the time right now, and that's why I don't apply.

It's a great idea, maybe if this takes off and you get another season going...

There won't be another season, but, as I've said before, if this goes well, I'll be doing other games like this one.

Yarr... that be for later though, ye scallywag.

Ah...the pirates one will be truly epic, but I'm still really excited for some western action.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"