Tumbleweed, USA: The Wild West RPG Sign-Up/OOC Thread

It will, the combination of ideas I have for it are very close to the awesomeness level of the combination of this one.

Any idea when we can expect an in game thread?

My trigger finger is getting itchy.

Might as well get in while the gettin's good:

Screen Name: Andy C.

Character's Name: Captain Ford H. Riley

Character's Occupation: Union Cavalry captain and Confederate-hunter

Brief Description of the Character's Appearance and Personality:

The youngest of three brothers, Ford was raised in 'Bleeding Kansas' in the years leading up to the war. His two older brothers had taken up arms for the Abolitionist cause, and were gunned down in the violence that ensued. As a result, Ford became even more radical and fervent in his stance, and when the tensions boiled over into all-out Civil War in America, he was one of the first to enlist for the Union Army.

Having spent the last few years in brief and bloody skirmishes with the rebels, Captain Riley has become somewhat infamous as a zealot in the Unionist cause, particularly for his less-than-hospitable treatment of Confederate POWs.

With the war winding down, several regiments had been formed specifically to hunt down pockets of Confederate resistance in the Western territories. While most were focusing specifically on the gangs and bands of guerillas that terrorized the smaller towns, Riley has taken it upon himself to subdue and punish every single person he finds with even the slightest connection to the rebel army.

He is ruthless, efficient, and unmerciful. If war is hell, then it's made a devil out of Captain Riley.

Sample Post:

"Honestly, I-I-I swear! I d-didn't know it was a crime!"

"You gave shelter and aid to a gang of gray-coats, Confederate fighters who are guilty of crimes against the Union. In war-time, aiding the enemy is treason, friend."

The farmer cowered in front of the looming figure in the dark blue uniform, well-groomed hair and a waxed moustache and beard belying cold, uncaring eyes that inspected the farmer like a piece of meat.

"They were wounded, bleeding! I had to take care of them! It wouldn't be Christian not--"

"So it would be 'Christian' to shelter an enemy? To let them heal so they can kill and make war again? To feed the very people who want to destroy your country? Is that what good 'Christian' folks do these days?"

"Please, Captain sir! I was only tryin' to do right!"

"You consorted with traitors."

The Captain glanced over his shoulder, where a squad of his men were throwing five nooses over the branch of a tree. Four for the wounded rebels....

"So now you get to join them."

Too much Cowboys, not enough Indians! :o

Screen Name:
NamesAreUseless

Character's Name: “Wind Runner” was his original name until he was given the new name “Mad Wolf” once he was exiled by his tribe. When asked, he now goes under the name “William Smith”.

Character's Occupation: Exiled Comanche Warrior

Brief Description of the Character's Appearance and Personality: A tall, lanky, red-skinned Native American. He has long black hair and brown eyes. He is currently wearing “white man” clothing in order to blend in better with the Americans he now often encounters in his journeys. He is armed with a bow and arrow, tomahawks, and an old loaded pistol he scavenged from a fallen outlaw.

Mad Wolf is an impulsive and often quite violent man. It’s these traits that have made him a strong warrior, but have also made him hated by his own people. Now a lone man living off the land, he is often regretful for his past actions among the Comanche, even if he feels that his actions were somewhat justified. Whether what he did was right or wrong, he still wishes that some day he could return to his people with his honor restored.

Quite recently, he has started to see visions, much like the shamans of his former tribe. Perhaps these spirits have a quest in mind to redeem him of his past transgressions?

Sample Post:

Mad Wolf tossed and turned atop his cot. The desert nights were often cold and harsh. There was only so much the deer skin could to keep him warm. Groaning, the restless indian got up and went over to his canteen and took a large gulp of his water ... oh great, now the water was running low!

Two years, almost to the day: that's how long its been since he was shamed by his own people. Why did they the Numuunh exile him!? Those men ... they deserved every last arrow that pierced their rancid bellies! Men like them deserved no life, their spirit forever wandering in their own self pity!

"Wind Runner ..."

Speaking of spirits ...

"Wind Runner ..."

It was that voice again, tormenting his mind. Surely the isolation had eroded his mind.

"Your mind only decays if you don't use it, Wind Runner."

Losing his temper, Mad Wolf screamed out at the air.

"Go away! I am Wind Runner no more, I am a mad wolf!"

"According to them. A placid wind can become a raging storm, but it need not stay that way."

"Leave me alone!" he screamed as he threw his canteen at the air.

"You'll never be left alone. The past cannot leave you, it will follow you always."

"Then let my past leave me in peace!"

A long silence began before the voice began to speak again.

"If forgiveness you seek, then you must first ask for it from who you may have wronged."

"If you are a spirit, then bring that lost spirit to me! Once I am through with him, he will surely give me the peace I demand!"

"No Wind Runner. The death of a man affects so many. You must first receive that forgiveness from the living."

Mad Wolf froze for a moment. His conscience grappled at the situation before.

"You don't mean ..."

"I do. Head to the town of Tumbleweed. You know what you must do once you get there."

Last edited:
An Injun! Nice backstory too. I think you'll fit in perfectly. Accepted.

As of now, I'll be considering the application period closed. The IC thread will be up by Friday. Until then I'll be working on the main characters that I will be playing, which would be the Mayor, Pastor Stephens and Dale "The Dog" Dumont.

An Injun! Nice backstory too. I think you'll fit in perfectly. Accepted.

As of now, I'll be considering the application period closed. The IC thread will be up by Friday. Until then I'll be working on the main characters that I will be playing, which would be the Mayor, Pastor Stephens and Dale "The Dog" Dumont.
Holy crap! Talk about getting an app in last minute! :wow:

So anyone want a confrontation with Mad Wolf once this RPG starts up? :woot:

Imma kill you, Andy.

:cmad:
Now now, lets save some of that hate for the barfights :o

Wow. IC thread was up for a little over 24 hours and we got all the spots filled...and then some.

I didn't think of it, but that's not a bad idea. I'll add it in.

And an airport!

...what? It's a progressive town.

And an airport!

...what? It's a progressive town.

Calm down, wieg! I know we all want those planes, but no need to repeat it.

Planes make escape too easy, I can't let that happen.

This isn't going to be steampunk. Closest that we'll get would be "weird West" stuff.

Well, spiders are the fiercest killers in the animal kingdom. :woot:

So, when can we expect an IC thread? I'm itching to get some Western writing done :woot:

This isn't going to be steampunk. Closest that we'll get would be "weird West" stuff.
Ok, so steam-powered Robots, metallic piston-powered prosthetics, airships, and analog computers are out of the question ...

But what about that one inventor who's working on the next breakthrough invention, what about him!? :wow:

If only I could be a wild west Doc Brown :csad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"