Tyler Hoechlin is Clark Kent/Superman

FEgOCn_aIAAnEv0

Tyler could easily pull off Injustice Superman or Superman-Prime.

Is Hoechlin getting thinner again? His neck seems rather thin again in that suit and his face looks more gaunt.

Yeah, I agree. That neckline is doing him no favors. I wish he would bulk up a bit too tbh. I'm not saying he has to look like Henry Cavill, but you're still playing Superman bro lol. He had a better build during his first appearance on Supergirl. Not sure I really like the scruffy face for Superman either.

Agreed.

c02d10e25aec22c5d26a2bbeb9ab89dd7f9ce757.gifv

No bulking up needed here. That's a great Superman build. It's the suit that fails to properly complement his physique, imo. No puffy Cavill physiques, please.

It's scenes like this that makes me question on why the show's costume designers can't make something more form fitting for Tyler.

It's a weird as hell choice. I generally agree that he looked better a bit fuller (and clean shaven) but I'd like to judge him with a suit that actually, y'know, fits him again.

It's scenes like this that makes me question on why the show's costume designers can't make something more form fitting for Tyler.
We run the risk of it looking like the Returns suit? :o

superman_266960_top_full.jpg

Now we know that it won't be Tyler appearing in Naomi.

We run the risk of it looking like the Returns suit? :o

superman_266960_top_full.jpg
The suit definitely undersold the work Routh did to get in shape, but I'd definitely prefer that to what they're doing with Tyler. Muscle suit-wise that is, in every other aspect Tyler's suit is better.

The suit definitely undersold the work Routh did to get in shape, but I'd definitely prefer that to what they're doing with Tyler. Muscle suit-wise that is, in every other aspect Tyler's suit is better.
The mere fact that the entire suit has the shield fabric pattern and shield on the buckle and heels BUT not the cape is interesting.

The war on his perma-scruff has been lost.
Over the years, within the nerd community, there have been numerous debates about how effective (or not) the Clark Kent disguise is. I’ve participated in a few of those.:word: To the extent that the disguise is remotely plausible, I think it comes down to the “generic” nature of the original comic book artwork. I.e., a generic look puts the character(s) in a very large bucket of similarly nondescript individuals. So even taking into account the glasses, there’s no particular reason (so the argument goes) to connect one to another. That changes, however, if there are certain distinguishing features. Like bushy eyebrows, or an aquiline nose, or a rough complexion, or a crooked tooth or… a 5 o’clock shadow. And for me, Hoechlin’s scruff somewhat diminishes my “willing suspension of disbelief.” Of course, the counter argument runs thusly: since the glasses disguise is so utterly ridiculous, Supes and CK having identical scruff hardly matters. In for a penny, in for a pound.

And to be fair… (comic book) Oliver Queen had an impeccably coiffed (and blond!) mustache and goatee — exactly like the Green Arrow. Yet no one drew any connection. :cwink:

I'll take the permascruff wars over the padded butt one:

CokS2BFVIAAs_Xh-600x10651.jpg

Tom-Hollands-butt-in-Spiderman-Costume.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"