UBISOFT+Theif+PoP+Splinter Cell = ASSASSIN'S CREED!

WhatsHisFace said:
It was as official as you can get when all signs are pointing to them trying to fabricate a timed exclusivity deal. I'd say the plan will fall through as it did with Prince of Persia (though that was still active for Europe as I remember) and I don't even think they bothered with SplinterCell: Chaos Theory.

Anyways, when was the last time Ubisoft made a console exclusive? Farcry: Instincts and Ape Escape don't count. Farcry just couldn't work on the PS2, and I bet it will be on the PS3 (complete with the same Xbox graphics) before too long, probably with another three hours of gameplay and an even longer game title to make that apparent.

Going by their E3 showing I would think Sony would take a timed exclusivity deal for whatever price, especially now that GTA is releasing simultaneously for the PS3 and the 360, I don't think the Prince of Persia games sold well enough for them to put that financial weight into. I believe each one sold around 500,000 copies for each platform, PS2, Xbox and Gamecube.

It's up in the air, as far as timed exclusives go, but it will definitely be on the 360. It's 99.9% guaranteed.
:up:

Play and some other companies are also selling it for 360.

WhatsHisFace said:
It was as official as you can get when all signs are pointing to them trying to fabricate a timed exclusivity deal. I'd say the plan will fall through as it did with Prince of Persia (though that was still active for Europe as I remember) and I don't even think they bothered with SplinterCell: Chaos Theory.

Anyways, when was the last time Ubisoft made a console exclusive? Farcry: Instincts and Ape Escape don't count. Farcry just couldn't work on the PS2, and I bet it will be on the PS3 (complete with the same Xbox graphics) before too long, probably with another three hours of gameplay and an even longer game title to make that apparent.

Going by their E3 showing I would think Sony would take a timed exclusivity deal for whatever price, especially now that GTA is releasing simultaneously for the PS3 and the 360, I don't think the Prince of Persia games sold well enough for them to put that financial weight into. I believe each one sold around 500,000 copies for each platform, PS2, Xbox and Gamecube.

It's up in the air, as far as timed exclusives go, but it will definitely be on the 360. It's 99.9% guaranteed.

DEJA VU. :o

I was stalking Adam West for a month or two... Turns out he was actually stalking me... Thats how cool he is :up:

Mentok said:
I was stalking Adam West for a month or two... Turns out he was actually stalking me... Thats how cool he is :up:

I coulda sworn you were in the hospital.. :confused::p

Yay! *happy*

animals_SmilingPuppy.gif

Wow I was reading a PS2 mag article on this and I was like 'wow, if the console ever comes down by like 200 bucks, this might be worth getting it for. Now that its probably going to come to 360, there's no point. Yayness!

Also, gammy, even though I feel like you no longer love me, cheating with man ****es like mentok and whatnot, I love you cause you find the cutest pictures in the world yet still manage to top them in cuteness with the next :D :up:

Horrorfan said:
Wow I was reading a PS2 mag article on this and I was like 'wow, if the console ever comes down by like 200 bucks, this might be worth getting it for. Now that its probably going to come to 360, there's no point. Yayness!

Also, gammy, even though I feel like you no longer love me, cheating with man ****es like mentok and whatnot, I love you cause you find the cutest pictures in the world yet still manage to top them in cuteness with the next :D :up:

But I do love you :(
Mentok is not a man-****e, either :(
Relationships are hard! :down

I want this game too. I really like when Ubi gets a new IP going (or their own rendition of an existing one, a la PoP or Farcry), they just do them so well.

I only wish they'd drop the "Clancy" brand name, as Clancy doesn't make contributions any longer. I think his last contribution was telling them there's no "night vision/infrared" combo headset. That was three games ago and they used one anyways.

WHF you should go to gamefaqs.
I've never seen angrier fanboys.
It's like the fact that AC will be released for the 360 is a personal insult to their families :down

I really wish I was a better Xbox Fanboy, maybe I should go to GameFags for some training. :D

Gammy v.2 said:
Videogame fanboy boot camp, Gamefaqs is :(
I really feel like I've lost my edge. If you look at my posts from 2002, I'm a really passionate and angry man. I mean, people still remember and even remind me of things I said and did, and I was much cooler back then.

Now I'm like an old man who can't fight the fight. I'm the rock that has been softened and smoothed by the waters of the Hype.

WhatsHisFace said:
I really feel like I've lost my edge. If you look at my posts from 2002, I'm a really passionate and angry man. I mean, people still remember and even remind me of things I said and did, and I was much cooler back then.

Now I'm like an old man who can't fight the fight. I'm the rock that has been softened and smoothed by the waters of the Hype.

One should aim to be like water.

Gammy v.2 said:
One should aim to be like water.
"Sometimes the water is like a wave, and sometimes it flows around the object"...

...or sits in a cup...

Ugh, I forget the teachings of Bruce Lee! :mad: :( :mad: :( :mad: :(

Blas, you post on GameFaqs/GameSpot forums also? Haha, the fanboy's there are insane. :D

Gammy v.2 said:
If you don't have/read this, I pity you :(
Can you at least tell me the philosophy just for now? I'm trying to remember it. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"