Ultron

Paul Rudd was cast as "Ant-Man", i don't think we know if that's gonna be Hank Pym or Scott Lang yet.

Paul Rudd was cast as "Ant-Man", i don't think we know if that's gonna be Hank Pym or Scott Lang yet.

My guess is Pym. Though Rudd looks quite a bit younger than his mid-40's age would suggest, you could still have someone portray an adult Lang on the big screen while retaining a generation's age disparity between the two heroes. And given that Ant-Man is scheduled for release a few months after A:AOU, there's about a 99.99% chance that Rudd will show up in the Avengers sequel in some capacity.

I may be a litttttle premature...but it may be time to bump this now?

-I'm starting to think I was right all along that Pym would be involved. Whedon's earlier comments could either be throwing people off intentionally or they could have added Pym after the Antman rewrites.

-And I still think making Ultron part of a proto-Avenger project Pym headed with Howard Stark would be a great idea.

nope, highly doubt Pym'll have any influence beyond maybe coming up with the idea for Ultron, or even more basic than that.

An Ultron Connection doesn't make or break the film for me .

Having Pym as Ultron's father would explain why they both look way too similar.

EW_Ultron.PNG

ant-man-helmet-103698.jpg

At this point I think it's clear Stark won't be the one who creates ''Ultron'' but instead, the one who creates ''Ultron, the villain''. I wouldn't be surprised if this is all a ruse from Ultron just to ''weaken'' Stark, as he's the only one who can destroy him, and reveal it was never his brain patterns, but his father's or even Pym's. Otherwise, they would just have ''Stark creates a new and advanced form of AI'' instead of -jumpstart- a -dormant- peacekeeping program as official and current synopsis.

Even if this was one of Stark's old projects that for whatever reason he forgot about, it would be completely unnecessary, as copy-pasting the whole origin with Stark instead of Pym would be simpler.

My understanding is Ultron's helmet is based on Iron Man's helmet, not Ant-Man's. The only thing I see in common with Ant-Man's helmet is the color scheme.

Here's what I would like to see happen: Tony, trying to find the "perfect A.I." manages to gain access to the Ultron project, begun by his father and Dr. Hank Pym as part of their "Masters" initiative. Ultron would have been part of the Masters team, alongside Antman, Wasp, Whirlwind, and others. When Howard discovered a flaw in the programming, he orders Ultron shut down. This leads to an angry break between Stark and Pym and the Masters are shelved. Tony, convinced he can perfect the programming, ignores his fathers warnings and builds Ultron. Everything goes downhill from there.

Post-credits scene reveals that the rest of the Masters prototypes were not destroyed as Howard had believed. Then cut to Antman: Coming Soon.

Here's what I would like to see happen: Tony, trying to find the "perfect A.I." manages to gain access to the Ultron project, begun by his father and Dr. Hank Pym as part of their "Masters" initiative. Ultron would have been part of the Masters team, alongside Antman, Wasp, Whirlwind, and others. When Howard discovered a flaw in the programming, he orders Ultron shut down. This leads to an angry break between Stark and Pym and the Masters are shelved. Tony, convinced he can perfect the programming, ignores his fathers warnings and builds Ultron. Everything goes downhill from there.

Post-credits scene reveals that the rest of the Masters prototypes were not destroyed as Howard had believed. Then cut to Antman: Coming Soon.
At least in terms of antagonist, AOU is not connected to Ant Man .
The antagonist is Darren Cross.

sounds good but i think they can refer to it as the "avengers" initiative as well. fury could be just reviving it now.

sounds good but i think they can refer to it as the "avengers" initiative as well. fury could be just reviving it now.

I had just thrown out the Masters name to lead into the old tech possibly being used by Zemo to found the Masters of Evil.

My understanding is Ultron's helmet is based on Iron Man's helmet, not Ant-Man's. The only thing I see in common with Ant-Man's helmet is the color scheme.

In no way whatsoever do I see any reseblense to Iron man's Helmet..at all

Well, we'll have to agree to disagree there. I think the tall forehead, the sort of curved semi-circle on the cheeks, the noticeable chin, and the slit eyes do resemble each other. I think Ultron is designed to look more evil, but I can see why early descriptions of Ultron's head compared it to Iron Man's helmet.

UltronIronMan_zps51187a15.jpg

the comic con teaser clearly shows ultron's helmet being made from iron man's.

When you watch IM3 you can see how it can lead into an Ultron storyline.
The prehensile suits + corrupted JARVIS AI is all you need.

Wouldnt be surprised if Ultron has Pym's brain pattern

IIRC, in the SDCC footage, Pym seems to have a disdain for superheroes

Prior to Stark creating IM suits he was making weapons. So unless by peacekeeping program they meant more weapons then I don't think that Stark was the originator behind ultron AI. It'd be either Pym or Howard Stark.

Tying Ultron back into Pym at this point would serve no narrative purpose and only dilute the story in Age of Ultron. The movies will, in this regard, be different from the comics, and I think we all need to learn to deal with it.

Ive been lurking for a bit but decided to register today, and chime in.

Having talked to one of the guys who draws for Marvel he said at times they draw inspiration and get DNA from other characters intentionally and unintentionally knowing how it will work out in different story lines..

Sort of like how footwear designers draw inspiration from other shoes..

Hello

Im ROCKDEEP

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"