Underrated CB movies

Captain america: TFA doesnt get the respect it deserves. It had a ton of heart, some fantastic romance, and fun indiana jonesish action

It's well liked, but totally agree -- it's on the level of The Rocketeer and Indy sequels IMHO.

I feel like some people in this thread are confusing "movies that are underrated" with "movies that are terrible but I like anyway".

That scene was beautiful in all senses. But it's an oasis in the middle of a crappy movie.

I actually thought the movie had a number of remarkable sequences. All of Spidey's fights with Sandman were impressive, the birth of Venom was as well. The first Harry fight is still the best ariel fight Spidey has had on screen. And the final showdown at least had a few moments of brilliance, like when Peter and Harry save MJ.

The movie is a mess, but it actually has more good moments than many of the mediocre, but consistently so, superhero movies fans can tolerate. Iron Man 2, The Incredible Hulk, The Amazing Spider-Man and Captain America, I am looking at you. Yeah, I said it.

I have a hankering to watch Punisher (2004)

Haven't seen it in years but remember liking it.

I actually thought the movie had a number of remarkable sequences. All of Spidey's fights with Sandman were impressive, the birth of Venom was as well. The first Harry fight is still the best ariel fight Spidey has had on screen. And the final showdown at least had a few moments of brilliance, like when Peter and Harry save MJ.

The movie is a mess, but it actually has more good moments than many of the mediocre, but consistently so, superhero movies fans can tolerate. Iron Man 2, The Incredible Hulk, The Amazing Spider-Man and Captain America, I am looking at you. Yeah, I said it.

Wait... Your saying Spider-Man 3 is better than Amazing? I've seen SM2 triumph over it and even seen a few think SM1 was better but never ever have I heard anyone say that about SM3. Please expłain why?

Spider-Man 3
Iron Man 2
Ang's Hulk
Batman Forever
DareDevil (DC)
Green Lantern (still far from great, but I enjoy it.)
I liked MoS for what it was, though my lack of caring/knowledge of Superman may be why.

Wait... Your saying Spider-Man 3 is better than Amazing? I've seen SM2 triumph over it and even seen a few think SM1 was better but never ever have I heard anyone say that about SM3. Please expłain why?

More that I think SM3 is full of both great moments and terrible moments. It has moments of pure comic book goodness, as well as some of the worst, most groan-inducing scenes ever committed to a big budget comic book film (albeit not B&R bad, though some fans insist on that).

The Amazing Spider-Man is uniformly mediocre across the board. It never reaches the depths of problems of SM3, but it never has a scene as good as the Birth of Sandman, the birth of Venom, or really any of the fight scenes in SM3 (save for the cheesy mansion brawl between Peter and Harry).

The Amazing Spider-Man does have great casting, but it's ultimately wasted. However, I can understand deference to TASM for not having any terrible dancing or crying sequences.

Another way to put it is that they are both probably bad movies. But I see more moments of quality in SM3 whereas TASM is just "meh" the whole time.

Only my opinion.

I'm going to go with The Crow on this one, just for the fact when ppl talk about CB movies this one(and others) hardly ever get mentioned in the same breath.
I know it has a 'cult' following, but far as being mentioned with other CB films it does not.

I don't agree with the second paragraph so much, but I agree there are plenty of good scenes and good moments in Sm3...it no certainly doesn't deserve to be on 'Batman and Robin' level of crap. It's pretty bad, make no mistake about that, and I have no desire to watch it again, but its no where near as offensive or unbearable as most of the worst comic book films.

More that I think SM3 is full of both great moments and terrible moments. It has moments of pure comic book goodness, as well as some of the worst, most groan-inducing scenes ever committed to a big budget comic book film (albeit not B&R bad, though some fans insist on that).

The Amazing Spider-Man is uniformly mediocre across the board. It never reaches the depths of problems of SM3, but it never has a scene as good as the Birth of Sandman, the birth of Venom, or really any of the fight scenes in SM3 (save for the cheesy mansion brawl between Peter and Harry).

The Amazing Spider-Man does have great casting, but it's ultimately wasted. However, I can understand deference to TASM for not having any terrible dancing or crying sequence.

Another way to put it is that they are both probably bad movies. But I see more moments of quality in SM3 whereas TASM is just "meh" the whole time.

Only my opinion.

I don't really know when the whole movement started to mock Tobey for his crying scenes began,but I found them infinitely more compelling than Garfield's.

I don't really know when the whole movement started to mock Tobey for his crying scenes began,but I found them infinitely more compelling than Garfield's.

I felt Garfield showed more complexity in his emotions. For Tobey he only squinted his eyes and began to cry with an awkward face but Garfield tried to get his uncle's heart going and cried "Uncle Ben! Oh God oh God please! Uncle Ben please!

I agree on Spider Man 3. It's not perfect, but it's a lot better than some of the terrible movies we've seen since like Captain America and Iron Man 2.

His screaming like Voldemort took me out of the movie, along with making it look like he crapped himself. Garfield can act, but I didn't like those scenes.

I thought the Emo scene was just as bad as Bat nipples or Batcard

I thought the Emo scene was just as bad as Bat nipples or Batcard

10 of the worst superhero movie moments.

1. Bane has a penis on his chest (Batman & Robin):barf:

2. Bat credit card:csad:

3. Peter Parker whining, crying and dancing (Spider-Man 2-3):cmad:

4. Batgrowling (TDKR trilogy. Not as bad in Begins, though):whatever:

5. Stupid people in The original SM trilogy, pointing and screaming "it's Spider-Man":doh:

6. Arnold as Mr Freeze:dry:

7. Batnipples, batbutts (batts?):woot:

8. Stupid butler scene from SM3:o

9. Much of the dialogue in Batman Begins:wall:

10. Thomas Wayne's death scene in Batman Begins:huh:

10 of the worst superhero movie moments.

1. Bane has a penis on his chest (Batman & Robin):barf:

2. Bat credit card:csad:

3. Peter Parker whining, crying and dancing (Spider-Man 2-3):cmad:

4. Batgrowling (TDKR trilogy. Not as bad in Begins, though):whatever:

5. Stupid people in The original SM trilogy, pointing and screaming "it's Spider-Man":doh:

6. Arnold as Mr Freeze:dry:

7. Batnipples, batbutts (batts?):woot:

8. Stupid butler scene from SM3:o

9. Much of the dialogue in Batman Begins:wall:

10. Thomas Wayne's death scene in Batman Begins:huh:
Begins was an amazing movie I don't think it had anything close to being bad in it. Katie Holmes's acting was questionable.

Begins was an amazing movie I don't think it had anything close to being bad in it. Katie Holmes's acting was questionable.

Begins was very good, but some of the dialogue sounded unnatural. Bruce and Rachel when they meet again after all those years... Weird!

If I went off that list, I would assume the Raimi and TDK trilogies were the worst superhero movies ever made.

Methinks that your list has a selective memory. Just a thought.

If I went off that list, I would assume the Raimi and TDK trilogies were the worst superhero movies ever made.

Methinks that your list has a selective memory. Just a thought.

That's not what I meant. Even good movies can have bad parts.

I never felt intimidated by emo Peter. Perhaps it was because he looked and acted ridiculous. They should have made him more frightening.

I never felt intimidated by emo Peter. Perhaps it was because he looked and acted ridiculous. They should have made him more frightening.

Even my grandmother could kick emo Peter's ass. Was he supposed to be evil or something?:whatever: well... The dance scene was pretty satanic.

Ah well, good action. B&R had that too. Scarcely have I thought these kind of distractions make for the rescue of a movie.

Spider-man fights with Sandman were good, but nothing out of this world. Enjoyable, of course. But I don't consider them so special they can simply save a movie like this.

The first fight with Harry... sure. Again, enjoyable, but Harry's Goblin suit was laughable and that "subplot" with Peter dropping Aunt May's ring which took forever to fall was laughable once again.

And the final showdown died for me when Harry suddenly appeared and they teamed up much like Batman and Robin in the old TV series when fighting the villains.

All the bells and whistles but nothing that redeems the whole movie.

Even my grandmother could kick emo Peter's ass. Was he supposed to be evil or something?:whatever: well... The dance scene was pretty satanic.

He wasn't even Peter Parker without the symbeote. He was shy and got bullied, he acted and looked borderline special. Spider-Man made no quips. None of the characters bar Aunt May and possibly Harry were like their CB counterpart.

Spider-Man 3 didn't feel like a Spider-Man movie. Just a werid film with Tobey Maguire in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"