Underworld: Next Generation

Just saw it. I enjoyed it. Not a great movie, and definitely has some problems, but enjoyable. Definitely really only for fans of the franchise.

This. I will also add this is 3x times better movie than Resident Evil Final Chapter, both directing, script and acting wise. Nice movie.

I think this movie didnt flop on box office. So that's nice to hear. Made 81M on 35M budget.

It wasn't a flop necessarily but it's performance is still somewhat mediocre, especially considering the previous installment made well over $100 million worldwide. Shows that interest may be waning.

I've been re-watching the Underworld films...I think they are better than their rep. The first one especially - it's story rather than action driven, it's got a great cast of actors rather than Hollywood stars (Bill Nighy, Kate Beckinsale, Martin Sheen), and it's got a satisfying plot which builds an effective mythology and comes to a satisfying finale. It's also super-stylish and the action scenes are great.

The sequels all add plenty to the story, unlike most franchises everything fits together neatly and each movie feels like a chapter of a continuing saga - not just a repeat of what came before. Rise of the Lycans gets my vote as the most effective prequel ever in terms of how well it dovetails with the original.

The only one that disappoints is Awakening, as it tries to ditch the story-driven, mythology-building approach and go for a simplistic action fest. I was glad Blood Wars got back to the original style.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"