Underworld: Next Generation

So wait... I stopped paying attention to this series after a while. They're on their FIFTH film now?

I saw the trailer for this and it looks terrible and fake as hell. Aside from seeing Kate Beckinsdale in tight leather, is there any reason to watch these films?

Saw it last night. I knew it was going to be bad, but I had no idea it was gonna be that ****ing bad. Good God it was horrid.

Forgot this existed. This and Resident Evil..what is this - 2002?

I think the problem with both franchise is that they're products of their time, riding the coattails of the post-Matrix era. And that stigma still is a part of their identity..a style of movies that's now 13-15 years old.

That's why I would like to see Resident Evil get rebooted by people who actually care about the games, but in the mean time, take a break.

People must be watching them, because they're making enough money to churn out another one every couple of years.

Oddly, only 28 reviews are up on Rottentomatoes. But the results are not encouraging.

So unfortunate. I was not expecting a good film, it just looks like a rehash of everything they've done but there's enough meat in the mythology they could potentially explore and looks like they decide to just not do it while providing a good film.

So unfortunate. I was not expecting a good film, it just looks like a rehash of everything they've done but there's enough meat in the mythology they could potentially explore and looks like they decide to just not do it while providing a good film.

Rt says it's not good tho

RT says none of them are good, but I enjoy the hell out of them. They're so sincere in their dorkiness, it's like Blade but with no where near the self awareness or cool factor. Like the whitest white guy ever trying to dress up as and act like Wesley Snipes.

I saw it. It's fine for the most part if you're a fan since day one like myself. Only thing that really bothered me was
Michael

This movie has already made 42 million and its budget is 35 mill.....unless this absolutely sinks in the next few weeks, this is another hit for Screen Gems.

A lot of character actors take roles in stuff like this since it's a holiday in Bulgaria/Romania and to make sure their income reaches a certain bracket. Bill Paxton calls them "January movies".

Quick question, film comes out in the U.K this week, if anyone has seen it in 3D. Is it worth it? Or go 2D?

Just saw it. I enjoyed it. Not a great movie, and definitely has some problems, but enjoyable. Definitely really only for fans of the franchise.

This franchise has always been a guilty pleasure. This certainly isn't the worse, but it's such wasted potential.

If they somehow make enough of a profit to warrant a sequel, they need to really sit down and try and evolve the series. Explore the mythology more. Lets get past this war bull ****, and find some other protagonists other than the wolves.

There was talk about crossing the series over with I Frankenstein. I think they should follow through with that idea and create there own wacky shared universe.

I mean it can't get any worse or redundant than it is now. Nothing to lose imo.

Haven't seen this one yet but imo, it needs to be the last one of this franchise.

The movie has been out for a week and a half and has made $72 million on a 35 million budget, I think this thing's going to turn out a decent profit.

So basically:

ALL that build-up for getting the fans hoping Scott Speedman would ever return as Michael in a future film.....and he's killed off by this movie's villain OFF-SCREEN BETWEEN FILMS! Thrown away like he never mattered! The ENTIRE reason for Seline's actions since the previous film (and technically the first) made ****ING POINTLESS! Whoever is calling the shots on this movie and the last one needs to be hanged.

Last edited:
This has turned out to be least successful entry in series.overseas may allow it to turn a profit and i guess based on that they could justify another film though this could be the last film.i say that as big fan of series.

Yeah, I would like one last film. It was nice to have Vampires be a big part again. And the Viking Vampires were freaking cool. They sort of TFA'ed the ending of this film.

So basically:

ALL that build-up for getting the fans hoping Scott Speedman would ever return as Michael in a future film.....and he's killed off by this movie's villain OFF-SCREEN BETWEEN FILMS! Thrown away like he never mattered! The ENTIRE reason for Seline's actions since the previous film (and technically the first) made ****ING POINTLESS! Whoever is calling the shots on this movie and the last one needs to be hanged.

Yea that was pretty ****ed up.

If you didn't know how to use the character in the franchise at least have a better send off for him. Give him a final epic battle and have him die with some damn integrity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"