Veronica Mars

Discussion in 'Misc. TV Series' started by Abaddon, Sep 21, 2005.

1. spideyboy_1111

spideyboy_1111 Young Avenger

he was raised wrong, but he attracted trouble where ever he went, and didnt seem to learn from it. Raised wrong or not, you can still become a great person, and not go around acting like a *****e 80% of the time

2. Abaddon

Abaddon Watching

He stopped being a *****e around the time his mom died.:huh:

3. spideyboy_1111

no he didn't... he was friggin banging a his best friends step mom, and used a girl to get leverage over on her dad...

4. Abaddon

Abaddon Watching

I don't even think Duncan, who was almost her brother, counts as her "true love". The problem with Logan is that he doesn't seem to be willing to change, but he does care about Veronica deeply.

5. Abaddon

Abaddon Watching

The characters explore moral gray areas, that's what makes the show interesting.:o

6. spideyboy_1111

just because you care and love someone deeply, doesn't mean he's best for her either... Logan i think definately feels he loves her that much, but shes the only girl who cared for him and had been there for im like V was.. so its easy to see how he would be. His problem is he doesnt want to change (your exactly right on that) and he likes getting into trouble. He needed to stop blaming everyone else around him, and start blaming himself... he was becoming borderline obsessive ex bf near the end.

7. spideyboy_1111

Logan 95% of the time was a morally grey area... *yawn*

8. Abaddon

Abaddon Watching

never said he was best for her.

Is it easier for you to see why he would love Veronica, than why she would love him?

I don't think it's that he likes getting into trouble, he just doesn't care for rules. One could even argue he expects to be punished for things because of the years of physical abuse.

He wasn't obsessive, he just missed her. He knows he's a f&&k-up. But it's not really fair to judge him without taking into account what made him that way.

which is why his pairing with Veronica is interesting, even if they shouldn't be together.

9. spideyboy_1111

indeed, personally the only time i felt like V was messed up was the way she treated leo... Veronica as a whole was a much better persno than Logan would ever be.

indeed, he wants trouble, so he can be punished for it.

i can pity him and feel sorry for him, but i'm not going to let those be excuses for him. Plenty of people have come from abuse and crap holes, and been amazing people afterwords... Logan wasn't shaping up to be an amazing person. Just a trouble maker who sometimes uses his heart.

its an interesting pair, but again, so was spike and buffy... in the end both were bad together, interesting, but not a good fit

10. Abaddon

Abaddon Watching

what about the fact that she has trust issues, and most of her close relationships are based on her needing favors(Mac, Wallace, Weevil)? Veronica is a good person, but she's not without fault.

It's not Logan's fault he's not as good as Veronica. They lived completely different lives, and had completely different upbringings. Even so, while Logan may be jerk, at least he's not blowing up planes and buses full of people.:huh:

he probably thinks he deserves to be punished.

And plenty of people come from abuse and crap holes, and end up becoming abusers and crap hole-puters. They can't all be held to the some standard of excellence. At least Logan stopped being a dick to people, manipulation aside.

Well Logan gets points for not trying to rape her.

11. spideyboy_1111

O i don't think she's without fault at all... Weevil and her relationship are based purely on mutual favors... Mac and hers friendship started out that way, but they grew into more than just favors.
    no but its his fault he isn't much of a good person... well he's no Beaver, but i wouldn't put it past him to kill someone if pushed (and i personally don't think he needs pushed to hard)

meh... he didnt have a whole lot of people to still be a dick to... plus half of his non dick time he spent numb and locked in his hotel room

indeed, but i felt the character could have easily went down that road

12. Bastila

Bastila Deathdealer

You know....I waited and still no UK dvd out....thats it looks like I'll have to get it the bad way......

13. Shifty

Shifty Chief of Surgery

#763 Shifty, Dec 3, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2008
  14. spideyboy_1111

can you post a link please? because theres some kinda 3 letter word we cant have on the hype, thats causing your video not to work

15. Shifty

Shifty Chief of Surgery

another update

Question: Any news about the Veronica Mars movie? -- Hailey

Ausiello: Yes, and it's less than ideal (but totally understandable). Basically, between Cupid 2.0 and Party Down, Rob Thomas has been a very, very, very busy man. "I haven't gotten far on my VM movie outline," he tells me. "I thought I had the idea broken, but I've hit a wall in the final act that I haven't quite figured out. And with Cupid and Party Down occupying 80 hours a week, and a new baby boy occupying the remaining hours, I haven't nailed it down. I'm hopeful that I can find the time to figure it out over the Christmas holidays." Take your time, Rob! We're not going anywhere!

16. spideyboy_1111

nice, well at least all he needs to do is wrap up the outline's final act... after that just comes script and filming :D

17. Abaddon

Abaddon Watching

Is Enrico still working on Flashpoint, or was that canceled?

18. Shifty

Shifty Chief of Surgery

Returns in January on Fridays. Did well in Canada and America.

19. Specter313

Specter313 Ghost of all things X

Itchy journalists watching Rob Thomas present his Cupid remake had to ask: Is there going to be a Veronica Mars movie?

Yes! Thomas reported that he and Mars star Kristen Bell are both in: "For me, that's the next project [after Cupid]. But my writing it is really just half the battle," he said. "Somebody has to pay for it." Thomas indicated that producer Joel Silver is ready to green-light the film. Coupled with Thomas' obvious enthusiasm for the project, perhaps we won't have to wait too long to see a big-screen continuation of the story of the teen detective.

Are you excited to see a Veronica Mars movie? Or would you rather Thomas focus on new projects?

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Veronica-Mars-Movie-1001755.aspx

YAY!

20. Shifty

Shifty Chief of Surgery

Its looking more likely that we'll see Veronica Mars & Arrested Development movies in 2010.

21. mr. peasant

mr. peasant Registered

Well, if a Veronica Mars movie gets greenlit, I wonder if the theme will be used in there as well. I think the song is as much a part of the show as the characters themselves. I don't know why, but I feel like it really sets the tone of the show.

22. spideyboy_1111

agrees... i think most TV to movie shows, should play there "theme song" during the movies opening credits... like your watching a TV show, but just "spice" it up a bit

23. TwilightPro101

TwilightPro101 ........

Glad to hear a movie is finally moving forward in script format. :)

24. Cmill216

Cmill216 Senior Case Officer

The question is: who else will come back, and when will it take place within the context of the show?

25. Shifty

Shifty Chief of Surgery

They could go for the season three remix.

It will probably involve Veronica graduating from college.