Veronica Mars

well season 3 kinda left with a cliff hanger.. so it will probably do it's typical (start past that, and pick up on what happened next, later in the movie) They've already said it will probably still be her in college.

I would like Duncan to return at some point into the movie, that would be kinda nice.

well season 3 kinda left with a cliff hanger.. so it will probably do it's typical (start past that, and pick up on what happened next, later in the movie) They've already said it will probably still be her in college.

I would like Duncan to return at some point into the movie, that would be kinda nice.

The question is: who else will come back, and when will it take place within the context of the show?

Regarding who will return, definitely Enrico Colantoni/Keith Mars and Jason Dohring/Logan Echolls.

As for the timeline, they could just go with the original season4 plan; the one with Veronica working for the FBI. That would also accommodate the actors' aging if they look visibly older. The trailer for this concept can be seen here:

Last edited:
Thomas said the movie will start a few days before college graduation. Which if Veronica was going for 4 years, is where she would be if the show had continued.

The FBI material was just thrown together very quickly to give The CW a idea of what a Veronica in the FBI could be like. Of course The CW is circling the drain so perhaps it was for the best.

^^For a second I thought that guy in your avatar was the dad from 7th Heaven. I apologize.:(

That would be quite an episode of 7th Heaven... or 24 for that matter...

I thought the FBI angle had potential... but it seemed like more of a spiritual successor than an actual continuation of the show.

A VM movie would make my month, at the very least.

I thought the FBI angle had potential... but it seemed like more of a spiritual successor than an actual continuation of the show.

That's why it was such a terrible idea for season 4.

http://tv.ign.com/articles/955/955131p1.html

Kristen Bell Is Ready to Party Down
Veronica Mars reunion on new comedy series.

by Eric Goldman

February 18, 2009 - Rob Thomas revealed last month at the TCA press tour that he was attempting to get his former Veronica Mars star Kristen Bell to guest star on his new series Party Down, and Eonline's Kristin Dos Santos now says it is happening.

Thomas' new comedy, airing on Starz, is about a group of Los Angeles based caterers – many of whom have aspirations of making it in Hollywood. It stars Ken Marino (Reaper), Jane Lynch (Role Models), Ryan Hansen (Veronica Mars), Adam Scott (Step Brothers) and Lizzy Caplan (Cloverfield).

I spoke to Thomas last month, who said he'd already been planning for who Bell would play, even as they were ironing out whether he schedule would be free to do the role. Thomas told me Bell would play the leader of a rival catering company, explaining, "We're going to end the season with a wedding episode. Essentially, it's a version of a David Geffen type gay wedding, for a rich powerful mogul type, and our catering team gets there very excited to be working this high end party. They discover that, because they need so many waiters, they've hired two catering crews." The rival company, Thomas noted, was filled with "all the beautiful people," compared to Party Down catering, "which essentially puts hours dourves on trays in the back."

Party Down begins its 10-episode Season 1 on March 20th on Starz, with Bell appearing in the May 22nd season finale. According to Dos Santos, Bell's character may be named Veronica Moon, in a nod to her and Thomas' history. Dos Santos also reveals that two other Veronica alums, Jason Dohring and Alona Tal, will be appearing in the second episode of the series.

TV Guide has a similar article up, but confirms her character's name will be something completely different:

Veronica Mars creator Rob Thomas has worked his Rolodex hard, tapping several former residents of Neptune — Kristen Bell included — to Party Down on his new Starz comedy series about Los Angeles caterers.

"I couldn't be any more excited about working with Kristen again," says Thomas. "Her role in Party Down is the first that we've written for a specific actor."

Apparently it's a delicious role at that. Bell will play Uda Bengt, a former Party Down caterer who now ruthlessly lords over a rival company. Says Thomas, "Too often women and guest stars get stuck playing the straight man [but] in Uda, I think [writer-exec producer] John [Enbom] created a character worthy of Kristen's significant comedic talents."

Party Down premieres March 20 on Starz, and Bell appears in the May 22 season finale.

The series' regular cast includes Veronica Mars alumni Ken Marino and Ryan Hansen, Jane Lynch (The 40-Year-Old Virgin) and Lizzy Caplan (True Blood). Mars fans can also expect to spy Enrico Colantoni, Jason Dohring and Alona Tal as guest stars.

Next up for Thomas? Awaiting word on what could be his and Bell's next project — a Veronica Mars feature film, the script for which he is about to pitch to Warner Bros.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Kristen-Bell-Thomas-1003058.aspx

Doesn't look like the movie will happen, but holding out some hope.....I got hooked on this series way too late....lol

Doesn't look like the movie will happen, but holding out some hope.....I got hooked on this series way too late....lol
lol same with me

Wasn't there at least supposed to be a comic book by now? I was really hopefull we would get something but I guess we're not. :csad:

At this point I think if Kristen went back to Veronica, they'd have to do a plot where Veronica had graduated college already.

They said that it would be a college setting....they would not be following the FBI route....hell she was 24 playing a 17 year old.....

She could play a Senior in college....

At this point I think if Kristen went back to Veronica, they'd have to do a plot where Veronica had graduated college already.

not really.. most collegians don't graduate in 4 years these days anyway...

Well, she's been playing more and more "older" "adult" roles lately and I don't know it people could buy her going back to playing a college age kid.

Greatest. TV series. Ever.

Here five reasons why you should be watching/have watched:

a) The cast. Kristen Bell is perfectly snarky, Enrico Colantoni is perfect as the sly, witty detective, Francis Capra is the punk with a big heart, Percy Daggs III doesn't have a lot to do but does it well, Jason Dohring is brilliantly complicated, and Amanda Seyfried is just plain FUN!!

b) The writing. Consistently brilliant.

c) The theme song. We Used To be Friends by The Dandy Warhols is a classic.

d) Characters you'll love to hate, or ones you will hate and then learn to love. Logan Echolls, Lianne Mars, Celeste Kane... many of them you will hate, but some are written and acted so well you can't help but love 'em.

e) It's Buffy meets Bogart. That alone should have gotten viewers.

Surprising. I guess Kristen Bell is going to be busy with this and The Good Place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"