Sequels Villains for a MCU X-Men film

Can't wait to see a bunch of them.

I'd like to see a fresh take on Sinister--really revamp the character.

First, I would cast an A-list actress, like a Sandra Bullock or Anne Hathaway, and secondly for characterization, I'd take a few cues from DC's Brainiac.

Make Sinister a collector of sorts, though rather than bottling cities, Sinister has been collecting & curating the mutant X-genes since the Victorian era; experimenting with and adopting those she sees evolutionary, and eliminating redundancies.

Just stick to what he is originally in the comics and besides, when you have Selene, Madelyne Pyror, Spiral, Dark PhoeniX, Cassandra Nova Prime, Destiny, Astra, Sapphire StyX, Viper, Lady Deathstrike, Omega Sentinel, Lady Mastermind, Chimera, Zaladane, Briar Raleigh, Callisto, Martinique Jason and Persephone, the X-Men already have a huge female rogues gallery.

Fair point, although there is a comic history of Sinister assuming the female form.

And none of those characters, outside of Cassandra Nova, are main villain material.

X-Men have the best rogues gallery in the Marvel Universe. Well Spider-Man has a nice rogues gallery as well. But X-Men have Magneto, Apocalypse, Mr. Sinister, Cassandra Nova Prime, Bastion, Shadow King, Selene and Mojo that could serve as the big bad. Then there's Omega Red, Sabertooth, the Brotherhood, Dark Phoenix, Madelyne Pyror, Nimrod, the Sentinels, the Marauders, Ahab, Spiral, Vulcan, the Hellfire Club, the Phalanx, the Children of the Vault, Emplate, Silver Samurai, the Juggernaut, Lady Mastermind, Mesmero, the Sisterhood, Zaladane, Black Tom Cassidy, Arcade.... Marvel Stud10s could literally make 50 X-Men movies in the nXt fifty years, and they wouldn't run out of the X-Men villains to use.
50s a stretch. They'd be lucky to get half of that

Fair point, although there is a comic history of Sinister assuming the female form.

And none of those characters, outside of Cassandra Nova, are main villain material.
IA. A bunch of C and D listers cant carry a film. Dark Phoenix is the only other truly notable one from that list

There's really no need to make Sinister a female villain. Yes, Ms. Sinister eXists, but she's obviously a knock off of the original Sinister and I prefer to see the original Sinister as we didn't even get that in FoX's movies. If there needs to be a female big bad, Dark PhoeniX, Selene and Cassandra are available to use. While Lady Deathstrike, Spiral, Mystique, Destiny, Madelyne Pyror, Viper, Zaladane and Callisto can be utilized as supporting villainesses. Others can be used for the solo fliXs as the main villainess.

I want Apocalypse again, except to be exactly like it is in the comics. Not that strange cult leader prophet from X-Men: Apocalypse.

I want a movie adaptation of the Age of Apocalypse series...with the mutants in the exact same roles/alliances they were in the comics series.

Mastermold's Sentinels.

Sometime in a sequel, maybe the upgraded versions of these like the spider sentinels (their name escapes me) and the bigger sentinel models.

big f**** sentinels on New York.
Id love to watch Marvel doing that. We arent ready

as a sideplot or sequels: Friends of humanity, Sinister and co. would be great options, no doubt
ive been pushing for Friends of Humanity for like 10 years now, if not longer lol.
i'd like the Operation Zero Tolerance storyline to tie-in a bit. Not necessarily the Bastion subplot, but the Friends of Humanity and Sentinels could be played really well

Is there a way to modernise the friends of humanity though? I mean, obviously people like that still exist but they’ve changed slightly since that era where they were pretty much a retailiation to the early gay rights and AIDS survivors era.

I just mean, as we’ve seen them pop up in modern versions they still feel very Reagan era

you could modernize it i think.
hate to say it, and i hate to bring politics into it, but it could play as a socio-politico group with someone like Creed creating mass hysteria on a mass media scale and people taking things into their own hands. i'd use scenes or storylines similar to ultimate x-men #1 (particularly the ending, where they saved the day, and someone who still hated mutants hit bobby in the head with a beer bottle), or the animated series episode where wolverine went undercover at some friends of humanity meetings.
they'd use propaganda to build their numbers, with lots of factions opening up all over the country

I think Mr. Sinister would be the natural choice. Not only is really cool and we haven't seen him before... the fact that he's interested in making a team of bad guy mutants could be a very good open into the X-Men Universe.

It’s hard to announce a new team and do sinister right at the same time I reckon

Mr. Sinister is the obvious choice for me. I'd love to see the Hellfire Club again, but done better. Senator Kelly, Gyrich, Trask and the Sentinels would be cool as a more subdued and impersonal group of secondary antagonists.

I'd just give Magneto and Mystique a rest, at least for a while.

Probably Juggernaut would be the first big villain.

It could be cool to see and fight the Blob early on before he joins Magneto's group. Magneto/the Brotherhood in the second film and Trask/Sentinels in the third makes sense as a progression.

I still feel like there’s no way you can do blob without getting busted for promoting bullying of childhood bullying

I think there could be a little humor and more dramatic conflict without it seeming mean-spirited.

I'm guessing it will be a villain that we've never seen in a movie before. And I'm also taking a guess that it will be used to build the X-Men mythos and establish the ground rules (no Savage Land adventure) With that hypothetical parameter set -- you have to look at villains whom fit the themes of the movie. Mutants emerging and seeing how humanity reacts for the first time. What it means to be a hero fighting tor the same people who hate your guts. The most obvious fit for a pseudo X-Men/mutants origin story (ala Homecoming/Captain Marvel) is the Brotherhood/Magneto. Because they are the antithesis of the X-Men. But Feige will probably want something fresh.

For that reason, I'd use Exodus/Acolytes:

Acolytes_xm102.jpg They can play the Brotherhood-esque role without actually being them. Rewrite their backstory so they are not followers of Magneto but a mutant supremacist group who formed around the same time the X-Men did. Use Frenzy, Kleinstocks, Fabien Cortez, Neophyte, Milan and have them be a mutant terrorist group that is taking out specific human targets around the world. The X-Men go global -- have to stop them. They don't/Exodus (the leader) doesn't need to be developed as well as say Magneto. This allows the writers to spend the majority of the story developing the X-Men and forming character dynamics between different characters.

Frenzy and Milan can play the sympathetic "Scarlet Witch/Quicksilver" in that they do not like/want to kill people and they try to avoid it when neccessary. But they are only doing it because Fabien and Exodus are blackmailing them.

Pad out the movie with human antagonists like Senator Kelly, General Ross and Grayden Creed in smaller roles. These are the guys who make life as a mutant harder. Using proganda to scare normal humans and serve as the ideological opponent of the X-Men (while the Acolytes are the physical). We need to dive head first into establishing what a "mutant" is, what separates them from people like Spider-Man, F4 and the Avengers.

I'd also like to see camoes from Karl Lykos (Sauron), Bolivar Trask (Sentinels) Nathaniel Essex (Sinster) and John Sublime (U-Men) to plant seeds for future movies.

A lot of world-building will be required for the first movie

I hate to say this because of the Fox movies, but Magneto is just so foundational to the X-World that I think the first movie needs to incorporate him in some creative way (obviously not like the Fox movies where he's a protagonist). Maybe Magneto makes a dramatic statement (like dismantling an American military base). Fabian Cortez uses Magneto's fame to create the acolytes. Use Magneto more as an icon and an image rather than a real character and make Cortez the actual villain.

I still feel like there’s no way you can do blob without getting busted for promoting bullying of childhood bullying

Blob is a pretty problematic and mean-spirited character. He should be retired in the comics or completely rebranded.

Blob would be fun. But I guarantee marvel would get done for encouraging bullying. There's probably a way to do it right though. I would love to see the brotherhood

Blob is a pretty problematic and mean-spirited character. He should be retired in the comics or completely rebranded.

They could do a slimmed-down Blob, or one that has managed to get in shape. :o

As for X-Men villains, I think they need to use some who have enough crossover appeal so that it doesn't become only an X-Man villain. If the MCU focuses on the X-Men entirely, that's like simply transplanting the Fox universe into the MCU.

Juggernaut could be someone who could fight other characters than just the X-Men. He could battle the Hulk as well.

If the X-Men are completely doing their own thing, then what's to distinguish them from the Fox universe? They might as well be in their own alternate universe by themselves in the MCU where no other heroes exist. But since other heroes do exist, they need to factor all of that in.

Maybe even have the X-Men battle Doctor Doom like they have in the comics. That way Doom would be established as everyone's enemy in the MCU, and not just the FF's.

Yeah it would be like if someone sewed deadpool’s mouth shut

Mr. Sinister is the obvious choice for me. I'd love to see the Hellfire Club again, but done better. Senator Kelly, Gyrich, Trask and the Sentinels would be cool as a more subdued and impersonal group of secondary antagonists.

Mr. Sinister would be eXciting!

^YES on all of this
DOFP was a good movie, but the mishandling of the Sentinels was atrocious, so I want to see them done justice
and Mr Sinister is the obvious choice for a big bad

other villains I'd like to see show up somewhere down the line:
-Cassandra Nova
-Exodus
-Omega Red
-Apocalypse (I'm blocking that other movie from memory)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"