Sequels Villains for a MCU X-Men film

I don’t think they should shy away from a full blown blob. It’s part of what makes the character palate so diverse. And I just love his food jokes in legends I. Does he do those in the comics?

I hate to say this because of the Fox movies, but Magneto is just so foundational to the X-World that I think the first movie needs to incorporate him in some creative way (obviously not like the Fox movies where he's a protagonist). Maybe Magneto makes a dramatic statement (like dismantling an American military base). Fabian Cortez uses Magneto's fame to create the acolytes. Use Magneto more as an icon and an image rather than a real character and make Cortez the actual villain.

Blob is a pretty problematic and mean-spirited character. He should be retired in the comics or completely rebranded.
We really don't need Magneto to be in the first or even second movie. Hint at him, tease him? Sure, but there are dozens of X--Men stories where Magnus is irrelevant. Is he the most popular X-Men villain? Yes, but so was Norman Osborn/Green Goblin and Marvel knew that they would have to stay away from the Goblins for awhile because they were overexposed. Magneto is the problem of Norman Osborn but dialed up to 11 -- because he's appeared in 7 X-Men movies in a main role as opposed to Osborn's 4. People are tired of seeing the same thing over and over again from the X-Men and there are plenty of unused villains from the comics that Marvel can utilize. Exodus for example would be a great starting villain for the X-Men. Cortez playing the Mephisto to his Thanos and betraying him (mirroring what Cortez did to Magneto in Mutant Genisis).

Sinster is another option but too early. Because with Essex comes the Marauders and with the Marauders comes Mutant Massacre. That story (which is heavy and dark) would function wayy better in X-Men 2.

I don’t think they should shy away from a full blown blob. It’s part of what makes the character palate so diverse. And I just love his food jokes in legends I. Does he do those in the comics?
I'd like to see the Blob to finally get a proper role.

The astral plane and shadow king. There’s a run from last year that started out great, I think it’s "astonishing". Don’t like what they did to fantomex though

Last edited:
If I'm looking at it from a first trilogy perspective I'd probably set it up as:

X-Men 1: Adaptation of "Night of the Sentinels" with Gyrich/Sentinels as the main antagonists.
X-Men 2: Shadow King (with Storm as the central character)
X-Men 3: Mister Sinister (with Jean/Cykes as the central characters)

I think it's inevitable that they're going to do The Phoenix Saga again at some point so maybe have Sinister's tampering with Jean causing her to evolve.

If I'm looking at it from a first trilogy perspective I'd probably set it up as:

X-Men 1: Adaptation of "Night of the Sentinels" with Gyrich/Sentinels as the main antagonists.
X-Men 2: Shadow King (with Storm as the central character)
X-Men 3: Mister Sinister (with Jean/Cykes as the central characters)

I think it's inevitable that they're going to do The Phoenix Saga again at some point so maybe have Sinister's tampering with Jean causing her to evolve.

that sounds like a pretty great trilogy and very different from Fox first trilogy and even second.

that X1 vision showing Jean-Storm-Jubilee as friends, and kind of told from Jubilee's point of view will already feel pretty fresh compared to Fox universe, and without Logan taking the lead again.

We've has super powered villains in every X-Men film.

One of my favorite villains recently? Sentinel Services.

The best villain would be people who don't have powers.

I think the villains of the first film should be someone who is on the far right (such as a leader of the Purifiers) who is inspired by REVEREND William Stryker (who would be the main villain). It should be from a more ground level perspective and show the rise in hate and discrimination against mutant kind.

Perhaps Magneto initially works with Charles, but due to the extremities that he sees in homo sapiens he decides Charles' way is fool hardy.

Basically take aspects of 'God Loves, Man Kills' which is more poignant now than it's been in a very long time and make that the center point. Would it be controversial? Yes. These comics were back in the day as well.

411444.jpg

Last edited:
Would it be too similar to X-Men Apocalypse to have the X-Men fight the Living Pharoah/ Living Monolith?

the moorlock massacre is one i'd like to see on screen done in the right way

The morlock massacre would be so devastating on screen. And seeing the morlocks is a great way to expand the universe and show not everyone won the superhero lottery

I want a giant Master Mold and sentinels.

Sinister and the Marauders is something I've been wanting forever...

Along with Spiral, I just think Spiral could be so visually interesting.

I know this is probably least likely to happen, for me least likely because, just a lot of things---a lot of the characters that were intertwined through it, but another one I've always wanted was Madelyne Pryor and Inferno...

Hmm, I'm not sure how I'd feel about several Jean Grey-ish characters like Madelyne Pryor, Hope Summers and Rachel Summers making it to the big screen.

I would kind of be interested eventually in seeing whoever plays Jean vamping it up for Madelyne. Not straight away though

I wouldn't mind a baby Hope towards the end of the MCU X-films.

Mister Sinister
Shadow King
Magneto
Apocalypse
Sentinels
Bastion
Stryker
William Kincaid, I know he was only in X-Men Legends but I liked him so whatever.

Let me think more later I only have a minute left on my chromebook

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"