Wachowski's making a urban version of Robin Hood

Are these guys still relevant in hollywood? I havent liked them making anything since the matrix reloaded. I will look for these 2 in the obscurity line next to the farelly brothers.

At least the farelly brothers don't drain as much money as The Wachowskis. The two Matrix sequels were a ******ed mess of postmodern philosophy BS. Ninja Assassin was just as dumb, except that it at least that time the Wachowskis had the decency not to pretend that they made it that way because they are smarter than us.

Speed Racer was great, and for one movie I actually got the sense that the Wachowski Brothers actually knew what they were doing, and that the Matrix sequels were just a fluke. However, it didn't erase V for Vendetta's fundamental flaws, and after they spewed us with Ninja Ass assin I haven't really been able to take them seriously. I think that they are just a pair of stupid geeks with too much time on their hands who lucked out with two good movies (The Matrix and Speed Racer), made a "meh" adaptation of V for Vendetta, and then just screwed around with The Matrix Reloaded, Matrix Revolutions, and Ninja Assassin. That's not enough to stop me from enjoying The Matrix and Speed Racer, but it makes it hard to respect the directors who put their names on them.

Last edited:
just fund the damn Supermax movie by now, the script is pretty kick ass

I think the only reason Warner Brothers is agreeing to let these chuckleheads waste even more of their money is because they've convinced them that they'll be wasting less of their money this time. Their only hit since The Matrix Reloaded was V for Vendetta, and they didn't even direct it. What exactly did they do that got them so thoroughly entrenched at Warner Bros?

It's a shame that that wacky futuristic movie with the gay soldiers trying to assassinate George W. Bush didn't get made. That would have been a flop of such unprecedented magnitude that they would have at least gone out with a bang! This movie sounds like it will be just another whimper coming from the wreckage that was the Wachowskis' once promising career. To think that there was once a time when Andy and Lana Wachowski actually made good movies, and they both had penises. I hated the Matrix sequels so much that it's actually depreciated my enjoyment of the first one to a degree. :csad:

(BTW, I did love Speed Racer, but the Matrix sequels and Ninja Assassin were s*** and V was a very bad misrepresentation the source material.)

How are the Wachowski Bros connected to Ninja Assassin? What did they serve as?

And from what I've read, Lana/Larry has not undergone a sex surgery so she is still a he.

At least the farelly brothers don't drain as much money as The Wachowskis. The two Matrix sequels were a ******ed mess of postmodern philosophy BS. Ninja Assassin was just as dumb, except that it at least that time the Wachowskis had the decency not to pretend that they made it that way because they are smarter than us.

Speed Racer was great, and for one movie I actually got the sense that the Wachowski Brothers actually knew what they were doing, and that the Matrix sequels were just a fluke. However, it didn't erase V for Vendetta's fundamental flaws, and after they spewed us with Ninja Ass assin I haven't really been able to take them seriously. I think that they are just a pair of stupid geeks with too much time on their hands who lucked out with two good movies (The Matrix and Speed Racer), made a "meh" adaptation of V for Vendetta, and then just screwed around with The Matrix Reloaded, Matrix Revolutions, and Ninja Assassin. That's not enough to stop me from enjoying The Matrix and Speed Racer, but it makes it hard to respect the directors who put their names on them.

yeah Ill give ya that. I still think the Wachowski's are a one trick pony and peaked after the matrix. thank god though they slowly fell down the power ranks of hollywood. I also honestly cant remember the last farrelly brothers movie, was it stuck on you?

Already been done

02_omar_lgl.jpg

:up:

yeah Ill give ya that. I still think the Wachowski's are a one trick pony and peaked after the matrix. thank god though they slowly fell down the power ranks of hollywood. I also honestly cant remember the last farrelly brothers movie, was it stuck on you?

Well, Bound was pretty good. And that film was REALLY different from The Matrix, so maybe they're two-trick ponies? Or maybe Andy came up with Bound and Larry/Lana came up with The Matrix (or vice versa) which would mean each brother is a one-trick pony. I don't know.

But yeah, they're track record since The Matrix is pretty bad, IMO...

The Matrix Reloaded - made of suck
The Matrix Revolutions - a little bit better than part 2 but had the worst ending I've ever seen
V for Vendetta - most overrated film of the decade; fans of this movie think it's so insightful and groundbreaking when it's really just another "the government is evil and the people are going to rise up" story that's been told 500 times
Speed Racer - eye cancer

Well, Bound was pretty good. And that film was REALLY different from The Matrix, so maybe they're two-trick ponies? Or maybe Andy came up with Bound and Larry/Lana came up with The Matrix (or vice versa) which would mean each brother is a one-trick pony. I don't know.

But yeah, they're track record since The Matrix is pretty bad, IMO...

The Matrix Reloaded - made of suck
The Matrix Revolutions - a little bit better than part 2 but had the worst ending I've ever seen
V for Vendetta - most overrated film of the decade; fans of this movie think it's so insightful and groundbreaking when it's really just another "the government is evil and the people are going to rise up" story that's been told 500 times
Speed Racer - eye cancer

I couldnt agree more, people still laugh at me when I say matrix reloaded was the biggest box office disappointment ever. sure it made money but god did it not live up to the hype. Revolutions ending was a big roll the eyes moment for me, so you mean to tell me that after all this time of fighting the machines all it took to secure peace was a virus? Also wouldnt a more logical ending have been all the machines die and the humans are able to begin replenishing the earth? V was indeed boring for me, hugo weaving was great as the title character though. I never thought I could get *****e chills for 2 hours stragiht but then I saw speed racer.

If this is successful the Wachowskis will no doubt begin production on the film that is their answer to the Godfather....Sugar Daddy.

I think the matrix sequels werent bad (except the looooong rave scene). Those movies could have never lived up to the expectations anyways. What does tick me off about them is that the story feels totally incomplete in the end. You have the merovingian and all these characters that are supposed to mean something and all these things that hint at other things (what was the point of seraph seeing the code in gold?) that just never had any real resolution. There should have been another chapter in the series. That definitely pissed me off about the wachowskis.

Last edited:
Yeah thanks, just read on it. They did not even write that film, you can't blame them for Ninja Assassin anymore than blaming Spielberg for Transformers 2.

I thought the second Matrix was decent, not bad but the third was awful. Liked V for Vendetta(which they deserve much more credit for than NA because they wrote it), and Speed Racer was incredibly fun. I think their record has a few misses but still rather solid. It's just that they haven't made anything as amazing or groundbreaking as Matrix so many have just been disappointed with them.

Yeah thanks, just read on it. They did not even write that film, you can't blame them for Ninja Assassin anymore than blaming Spielberg for Transformers 2.

I thought the second Matrix was decent, not bad but the third was awful. Liked V for Vendetta(which they deserve much more credit for than NA because they wrote it), and Speed Racer was incredibly fun. I think their record has a few misses but still rather solid. It's just that they haven't made anything as amazing or groundbreaking as Matrix so many have just been disappointed with them.

For the most part I agree, however I feel like their record is a bit less flattering than "a few misses," mostly because of how they approached V for Vendetta. As a film it was competently executed, but they completely missed the story that Alan Moore was trying to tell. Alan Moor wrote a story that was meant to make readers question the ethics of everyone, and present a scenerio where there's not necessarily a right answer to any particular dilemma, only wrong answers that must be chosen by the reader.

In the VfV book, we have a post nuclear world where humanity would have gone extinct if not for fascist regime who brought it back from the brink. And now, said fascist regime is hording more and more power, to the point that the only thing that can restore some sense of normalcy is an opposite force, which in many ways is just as bad. The V from the book is not a romantic hero who beneath his questionable methods is ultimately noble-- he is a dirty terrorist, and even though he gets results, one truly has to question whether or not he is even sane.

The Wachowskis try to create the illusion that their story is morally ambiguous and open for interpretation, as the book was, but it is not. It's a clear cut story about (as Alan Moore put it) American liberalism vs. neo-conservatism, rather than being about fascism colliding with anarchy to produce something in between. The villains staged a phony terrorist attack just to gain power, rather than rising out of the ashes of war to preserve what was left of humanity. V is now a noble freedom fighter whom all of the Wachowski's ideals have been projected onto, rather than being the dark, morally ambiguous character that Moore wrote him as. The only question the movie makes us ask is "would you have to balls to be a terrorist if it was the only way to make a change?"

I have not seen Bound, but of the movies that the Wachowskis have written / produced / directed, the two I've liked were The Matrix and Speed Racer. The Matrix Reloaded was "meh, it's OK," but Revolutions made me want to unplug completelye from the franchise. I loved Speed Racer, which was a perfect storm of the Wachowski's craziness, a well done script and excellent production design. Unfortunately, that did not work out to well on Ninja Assassin, which was just plain stupid and badly shot.

At this point, I think the Wachowskis are more of a liability than an asset for Warner Bros.

How are the Wachowski Bros connected to Ninja Assassin? What did they serve as?

And from what I've read, Lana/Larry has not undergone a sex surgery so she is still a he.

If he still has his man parts then he should really fire his hairdresser and stop shopping in the ladies' section.

15g47kk.jpg

That's not to say that he for sure has had his stuff cut off... After all, Ed Wood greatly enjoyed dressing up as a woman, as well. However, seeing as there have been rumors about him wanting to have surgery since the time of The Matrix Reloaded, plus the fact that neither he or his brother do interviews or make public appearances, and the fact that whatever images of Larry that managed to get out over the last few years have showed him looking less and less masculine... Eventually, it feels kind of pointless to question it anymore.

I mean, look at the picture below, back before all the sex change rumors. He's had some kind of surgery since then, probably a facelift at least. It's also quite possible that he is taking hormone replacement therapy to make him look less like a man. Again, that doesn't necessarily prove that he went all the way (after all, there are a lot of transexuals who stop at hormone therapy, since the genital surgery removes all sexual sensation), but the evidence is pretty strong that at the very least, he no longer considers himself male.

wachowskibrothers.jpg

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/48199

- Keanu spoke about the need to encourage writers to continue to focus on working on new ideas and that a good script was worth its weight in gold. For example he said the Wachowski's had just sold the most expensive script in history to Warner Brothers. a modern futuristic take on the legend of "Robin Hood". Says he understands WB paid $5 million for the rights and that from what the wachowski's have told him, it will be an action movie that would have the same impact visually and technically that Terminator 2 had. Confirmed that Will Smith has agreed ti headline the picture.

The script must be at the very least good at that price.

Wasn't that Keanu interview found out to be fake? It's the same one that said they're working on Matrix 4 and 5.

You're right man, whoops. :O found this on Screenrant.

The only somewhat true part is about the future Robin Hood script, which we knew about already, but it didn't cost anywhere near as much as $5 million.

Well given the amount of effort you put into being an Admin, I'll forgive you.... for now!

Cagecrazy.jpg

Their own version of Robin Hood, huh? How original...

I was actually interested in this until Will Smith was mentioned. Unless someone else is cast I could care less. Smith is just one of those actors I have absolutely no interest in.

Oh and let Larry/Lana be who he/she wants to be.

I'd rather see a post-apoc version of Robin Hood. Something that stays pretty close to the original story...but in a post-apoc setting.

You're right man, whoops. :O found this on Screenrant.

The only somewhat true part is about the future Robin Hood script, which we knew about already, but it didn't cost anywhere near as much as $5 million.

Good. If they dropped another $5 million on just a script from these guys I'd say someone in accounting would probably have a fit. It amazes me that they've been able to run on the fumes of the first Matrix movie as long as they have. That was over 10 years ago, and yet someone at Warner Bros. apparently still thinks they are relevant.

Speed Racer was proof that they still think outside the box.

so why is this happening? didnt we just get a robin hood movie that sets itself up for a great sequel?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"