WandaVision WandaVision: Season 1, Episode 6 "All-New Halloween Spooktacular!" (spoilers)

Exactly. I think it is preferable for mutants to have always existed, but just in very small numbers, and for their existence to have been kept secret. Just like it had been secret up until a short time before the first X-Men movie and just like it had been secret in First Class until they revealed themselves to the world in that film.

That probably would work better in a non-MCU environment more than a super-powered world and universe like the MCU.

I think with something like Mutants there has to be something that makes them stand out. and i suspect it will be what created them. because just being Mutants isn't quite up there anymore. the idea of prejudice and fear about coming out as a mutant is actually gonna be really hard to sell in the MCU.

I mean the world is fully aware of The Avengers. a group of superhero beings with special abilities.

Although personally i think the first glimpse of any X-Men will actually be the multiverse and some of the FOX actors coming back. but they probably can get away with it in a multiverse of madness story.

I don't know, for me it's hard to believe that Mutants would be a secret in this universe because the Avengers are so well known. Wouldn't they have just wanted to join them or realize it's not a huge stretch to be accepted? I suppose they could frame it as the Sokovia accords scaring them off but even those took time.

I like both the blip theory and the Wanda theory. Either would be a new way to introduce them.

Exactly. I think it is preferable for mutants to have always existed, but just in very small numbers, and for their existence to have been kept secret. Just like it had been secret up until a short time before the first X-Men movie and just like it had been secret in First Class until they revealed themselves to the world in that film.

As you said, just basically treat it in the MCU similar to how they did in the first X-Men film. In that movie the mutant phenomenon was something of which the general population was just beginning to become aware. The MCU can say that their numbers were very few and those who developed abilities hid them, or were hidden by others, from the world. Those that physically looked different would just be though of as “freaks”.

After the use of the Infinity Gauntlet on Earth the number of mutants begin to increase. During the 5 years between Infinity War and Endgame the mutant population continued to expand and efforts to keep their existence a secret have become more difficult due to the increase in numbers. And that would bring us into “modern day” 2023/2024 when their existence is revealed.

That’s the way I’d go with it. It’s simple and clean and similar to what has already been done in the previous franchise where it was established that Mutants existed for a long time secretly before their existence was revealed to the general public. And it leverages a major event in MCU history as a catalyst for the sudden increase in their numbers.

In other incarnations (comics and/or films), hadn’t it been stated or speculated that the “atomic age” was thought to have been a reason for the increase of the mutant population in the 20th century?

Yep. And in regards to making themselves known, I'm sure the Sokovia Accords didn't help. I'm sure at least Fury is aware of mutantkind. I wouldn't be surprised if he's been in contact with Xavier for a while.

That probably would work better in a non-MCU environment more than a super-powered world and universe like the MCU.

I think with something like Mutants there has to be something that makes them stand out. and i suspect it will be what created them. because just being Mutants isn't quite up there anymore. the idea of prejudice and fear about coming out as a mutant is actually gonna be really hard to sell in the MCU.

I mean the world is fully aware of The Avengers. a group of superhero beings with special abilities.

Although personally i think the first glimpse of any X-Men will actually be the multiverse and some of the FOX actors coming back. but they probably can get away with it in a multiverse of madness story.

- The Avengers is a small group of people that became known after fighting an alien invasion which got them a lot of goodwill, while mutants wouldn't have such an event.
- The Avengers have had ties to SHIELD and the American Government, legitimizing them. Mutants wouldn't have that.
- There are potentially many mutants and anyone could be one, which is a lot scarier than a few people with tech or super strength or such. Especially if incidents start happening with individual mutants using their powers for crimes initially and later when a mutant terrorist group is started. If someone builds a suit or is injected for a government program and they work for an organization built to protect people from threats, that may be accepted. If some random unknown person walked into a government building last week, blew himself up and walked away and then you find out your neighbor three doors down has the same mutation as that person, people might respond to that very differently.
- The identities of the Avengers are known to the public. They signed the Sokovia Accords. Mutants could be anyone and appear in numbers too large to effectively register every new case. In addition, given how people have been treated under the accords and the fact that mutants were born that way and had no choice in it, they may not be willing to be put in a government database that sees them as a potential threat just for how they were born. Also, by giving the X-Men their costumes and masks and having them keep secret identities, refusing to give up their identities or register for fear of persecution, makes it harder for the public to trust them. Although doing so would make them appear closer to certain real life grassroots groups of freedom fighters operating anonymously for fear of governmental persecution.

See? Plenty of reason for mutants to be treated differently than the Avengers without a starting event.

I definitely don't think Marvel will bring more Fox actors back to reprise their roles, at least not in the same iteration or some multiversal way.

I don't know, for me it's hard to believe that Mutants would be a secret in this universe because the Avengers are so well known. Wouldn't they have just wanted to join them or realize it's not a huge stretch to be accepted? I suppose they could frame it as the Sokovia accords scaring them off but even those took time.

I like both the blip theory and the Wanda theory. Either would be a new way to introduce them.

Well what would Mutants have to feel bad about? The Avengers are apparently famous heroes who have super powers. its not a case of feeling different, its a case of they are like me! I CAN BE A SUPER HERO! type deal. Which isn't quite what mutants stand for. but then thats what happens now that the MCU has introduced so much lore. even its own lore like the TV stuff that we don't know if they will keep, or even the things coming in the future like Blade (Vampires in the MCU?)

Unlike the comics where you can place a barrier between like breed of heroes, you can't really do that with the MCU. At least not easily.

I definitely don't think Marvel will bring more Fox actors back to reprise their roles, at least not in the same iteration or some multiversal way.

Oh from the sound of it some of the FOX actors might be back in some form for the multiverse projects.

Its like saying nah Marvel will never bring back Toby Mcguire and Andrew Garfield as spiderman in their MCU... well it sounds like they are.

For the mutants, they can say that they've been around for 100's of years, but have been in not as in large numbers, written off as normal freaks and such, and been hidden by SHIELD and in the last few decades Xavier. With SHIELD mostly out of commission like that, and mutants beginning to grow in numbers, that's gotten harder.

I second the theory of the snap as an accelerating event for the sudden increase of mutants. When people are reassembled from dusts or atoms, it could do some funny thing to awake certain dormant genetic abnormality. Not only on Earth but to other planets. This also gives further weight to the snap’s ramification.

If something cataclysmic happened at the end of Wandavision then we'd have probably heard about it in Far From Home which takes place 8 months later.
So my guess is that while something significant for the MCU will happen in the last episode, it will remain unknown to the general public.

Last edited:
there's a huge part of me that we are watching all parts of wanda's personalities and feelings represented by some of the characters in westview. like vision is dead as is pietro but they are voicing parts of her subconscious. almost like a multiple personality disorder. when monica said "its all wanda" a few episodes ago, i think it really might be (not including the actual citizens of westview). kind of like the john cusack film identity.

The dialogue in the ‘real world’ somehow manages to sound more generic than the intentionally arch and generic sitcom dialogue. The lack of commitment to surrealism is making me miss Legion, which really should’ve been a model for a show with this kind of premise. It does such a great job showing Vision steadily figuring out something is very wrong but it’s undercut by us not really figuring it out with him.

Evan Peters is absolutely killing it. That’s the exact performance and character you’d see in a sitcom of this era. I find it absolutely hilarious and kinda brilliant that this is their crossover with Fox X-Men, I’m sure it won’t be but if this was the only crossover that would be absolutely hysterical.

Last edited:
The dialogue in the ‘real world’ somehow manages to sound more generic than the intentionally arch and generic sitcom dialogue. The lack of commitment to surrealism is making me miss Legion, which really should’ve been a model for a show with this kind of premise. It does such a great job showing Vision steadily figuring out something is very wrong but it’s undercut by us not really figuring it out with him.

Evan Peters is absolutely killing it. That’s the exact performance and character you’d see in a sitcom of this era. I find it absolutely hilarious and kinda brilliant that this is their crossover with Fox X-Men, I’m sure it won’t be but if this was the only crossover that would be absolutely hysterical.
I feel as if the series did drag on perhaps an episode or two too long with it's premise.

Evan is killing it agreed. I can tell he's happy to be in this and it'd be a shame if they didn't use him more after this and a waste of his potential. I'm sure Pietro proper is actually dead so they might as well play their cards.

If something cataclysmic happened at the end of Wandavision then we'd have probably heard about it in Far From Home which takes place 8 months later.
So my guess is that while something significant for the MCU will happen at the last episode, it will remain unknown to the general public.
I'm assuming Strange will stop it from being noticed. It's apparent the wizards have the ability to hide themselves from the public view. So it can easily be explain as Strange putting some sort of spell over the anomaly that makes it invisible.

If I were introducing Mutants into the MCU, I'd just have it be a scenario where they've always existed, but Xavier has been using the X-Men to "save" emerging mutants and Cerebro to wipe the memories of those involved in the incidents. You could even through Beast in there as a means to remove the "digital" mutant fingerprint.

The first movie could have Magneto (or whoever villain they choose to use) create an incident too big to cover up and Xavier would have to come clean about Mutants. You could use Cyclops as an "entry point" for the viewer with him returning to the mansion after a sabbatical to lead the team. I don't think it's a stretch to think that the general population would be scared to death and prejudiced against them.

I mean, just look around today.

FWIW, I'd use Cyclops, Jean Grey, Storm, Wolverine, Colossus & Nightcrawler with Beast as "tech support". You'd have mention of a "first team" that existed prior too.

Pietro is the shark. I'm convinced. The multiverse is the red herring.

Pietro is the shark. I'm convinced. The multiverse is the red herring.

TBH at this point. i wonder whether he is the red herring but not for the way people think. i mean going by the writing. he isn't being written enough to make audiences think he is the Foxverse character. they haven't done enough to create a scenario that can be pulled the rug out from. he certainly is similar in personality to FOX Quicksilver, but the writing depends on him having the memories of MCU quicksilver which just makes it seem easily odd, confusing and suspicious. so it would almost be abit predictable if the turned out to be "the shark" because this is what many seem to be waiting to find out.

Fans are looking for this stuff, the producers probably know fans are looking for this stuff. so would they really make the clues stand out? or would they attempt to hide it far better? or are the clues all a fake out?

Thing about pietro is that, as a plan, its not a very good one. if you are gonna try and trick wanda would you go disguise yourself as her brother with a different face? why a different face? powers are similar, hair is kinda similar. i mean she knows he has a different face so it really counts on her accepting it and not rejecting it. its a very flawed concept. and i think there is a reason for why he has a different face that they haven't got into yet.

I don't think the multiverse is a red herring. its on its way in about 3 episodes. too coincidental. i think its possible someone could be behind this Quicksilver. but i think there is gonna be a connection towards the multiverse here. even if it turns out someone is able to manipulate the multiverse and do whatever they want with those in it.

The first movie could have Magneto (or whoever villain they choose to use) create an incident too big to cover up and Xavier would have to come clean about Mutants. You could use Cyclops as an "entry point" for the viewer with him returning to the mansion after a sabbatical to lead the team. I don't think it's a stretch to think that the general population would be scared to death and prejudiced against them.

But why would Xavier be hiding them? it works in a Mutant world where discrimination is a thing. otherwise he is just hiding mutants because... they are mutants? while he watches the news and see's all these heroes with powers around, but he is like nah they ain't mutants, they safe bruh!

And with the comics. remember X-Men was one of the first Marvel comics created. so alot of this later stuff was kinda written around Mutants. the MCU is gonna be complete opposite. Mutants are gonna have to be written around the MCU. just like Spider-man was written and continues to be written round the MCU.

Last edited:
The multiverse is coming because this leads into Dr Strange in the multiverse of
71zDkEWLAFL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Fans are looking for this stuff, the producers probably know fans are looking for this stuff. so would they really make it stand out? or would they attempt to hide it far better? or are the clues all a fake out?

That's fair but you also got to remember most of the people watching Wandavision (and the MCU in general) are not us. Most people have never read the comics and know little to nothing about what goes on in the comics. I know myself and probably a fair amount of users on here went into Infinity War thinking there was a possibility they would adapt the snap but I guarantee you the general public had no idea something like that would even happen.

So while I have my own theories of what's gonna happen in Wandavision (and there's a good chance I'll be wrong), my family who is also watching this show doesn't know enough about the source material to even come up with plausible theories other than "Quicksilver seem sus"

That's fair but you also got to remember most of the people watching Wandavision (and the MCU in general) are not us. Most people have never read the comics and know little to nothing about what goes on in the comics. I know myself and probably a fair amount of users on here went into Infinity War thinking there was a possibility they would adapt the snap but I guarantee you the general public had no idea something like that would even happen.

So while I have my own theories of what's gonna happen in Wandavision (and there's a good chance I'll be wrong), my family who is also watching this show doesn't know enough about the source material to even come up with plausible theories other than "Quicksilver seem sus"

But even the people who don't know the comics are suspicious, because the writing isn't answering any questions. when she asked why he looked different. there was no answer given. so the audience either way will say huh? a mysterious guy turns up claiming to be he brother but looks different and even she is questioning it... thats weird.. and many feel they know something is up with him because of that.

Either the producers want to make the audience feel clever by seeing if they can pick up these clues. or the producers are fully aware how to stir the audience. i mean usually the best way to do a twist is to convince the audience of one thing, but go the complete opposite. but i ain't sure they have done enough with this Quicksilver to really convince anyone. infact in a sense, they almost made him more questionable because of the obvious differences to MCU Quicksilver.

If this quicksilver explained why he looked different, and the audience accepted it, AND then the rug was pulled out... that would be a twist. But right its just a plain mystery that seems very intentional.

I think there will be a reveal. but i wouldn't be shocked if its more surprising and maybe less climatic then people expect it will be.

Last edited:
But even the people who don't know the comics are suspicious, because the writing isn't answering any questions. when she asked why he looked different. there was no answer given. so the audience either way will say huh? a mysterious guy turns up claiming to be he brother but looks different and even she is questioning it... thats weird.. and many feel they know something is up with him because of that.

Either the producers want to make the audience feel clever by seeing if they can pick up these clues. or the producers are fully aware how to stir the audience. i mean usually the best way to do a twist is to convince the audience of one thing, but go the complete opposite. but i ain't sure they have done enough with this Quicksilver to really convince anyone. infact in a sense, they almost made him more questionable because of the obvious differences to MCU Quicksilver.

If this quicksilver explained why he looked different, and the audience accepted it, AND then the rug was pulled out... that would be a twist. But right its just a plain mystery that seems very intentional.

I think there will be a reveal. but i wouldn't be shocked if its more surprising and maybe less climatic then people expect it will be.

I'm sure some wouldn't even remember that Pietro looked different until Darcy pointed it out. And if she hadn't, many would've assumed it was just a different actor now playing him, just like it happens all the time in TV series and films.

In Back to the Future Part II, none of the audience would've really made anything of Jennifer now being played by Elizabeth Shue instead of Claudia Wells other than it was a recast. Some would've preferred the original, but some may not have even remembered.

I'm sure some wouldn't even remember that Pietro looked different until Darcy pointed it out. And if she hadn't, many would've assumed it was just a different actor now playing him, just like it happens all the time in TV series and films.

Well in the previous episode, episode 5 perhaps. but this episode didn't shy away from the fact that his recast was abit peculiar. it even showed scenes from ultron at the start. and as i said if you gonna do a twist you need the audience to think everything is fine. and then you do the twist. but when the fact that he looks and sounds different is brought up in the episode twice... its making light of it but delaying the answer to get people talking.

And the first instinct for people will always be, well he doesn't fit... so there is something off here. And i dunno if i believe the producers are stupid enough to think people don't believe they figured it out.

I mean i have read some leaks about who the said Luke Skywalker cameo character is gonna be. and having read all the speculation to who people think it is... if what i read is right... no one has figured it out. so i don't think the producers are unaware of this stuff. they wanna shock you.

Last edited:
Yeah I think some of you are overthinking the mutant thing, in regards to "how could they have existed before now?"

Just because they existed doesn't mean they chose to throw on costumes and be superheroes, or even use their powers at all. Not to mention just because we haven't seen something onscreen (yet) doesn't mean it's not happening. For all we know inside the MCU there has been a mutant hero operating in West Bubblef**k, Arkansas for the last 20 years, stopping purse snatchers and meth dealers. Doesn't mean people know he or she is a mutant.

Then with that logic, it won't be the idea of what Mutants are from the comics. because the more people try and explain how they can exist the more it leaves behind the concept of what mutants were about.

Its sounds more like what they tried to do with Inhumans. a population of super-beings hidden away somewhere.

Then with that logic, it won't be the idea of what Mutants are from the comics. because the more people try and explain how they can exist the more it leaves behind the concept of what mutants were about.

Its sounds more like what they tried to do with Inhumans. a population of super-beings hidden away somewhere.
Not at all, it's not like they're a secret society or anything. It's just the exact same way some people feel like there used to be no gay or transgender people and suddenly nowadays there's many people coming out as such. That's not because there weren't any before and some major world event created a bunch of lgbtqia+ people out of nowhere. There's no chemicals in the water turning the people gay or transgender brainwashing of the children. It's because those people hid that part of themselves in the past because they weren't accepted and risked being killed or ostracised from society if they were found out. And then over time some people decided that they shouldn't have to hide and start being activists campaigning to raise awareness and convince people to treat them how they want to be treated, even at the risk of their own safety. And the more awareness there is and the more bigotry is reduced, the more people from those groups will realize that they are not alone in their struggle and will feel safe to come out in their environment. Isn't that exactly what the mutants are all about?

Last edited:
Yeah I think some of you are overthinking the mutant thing, in regards to "how could they have existed before now?"

Just because they existed doesn't mean they chose to throw on costumes and be superheroes, or even use their powers at all. Not to mention just because we haven't seen something onscreen (yet) doesn't mean it's not happening. For all we know inside the MCU there has been a mutant hero operating in West Bubblef**k, Arkansas for the last 20 years, stopping purse snatchers and meth dealers. Doesn't mean people know he or she is a mutant.
That's been a huge pet peeve of mine for years, ever since the possibility of mutants in the MCU arise.

Sorcerers like the Ancient One, been there the whole time, prove that they haven't.

Wakanda, existed the whole time prove that it hasn't.

Hank Pym, existed the whole time, proved that he hasn't.

Captain Marvel, existed the whole time, proved that she hasn't.

The Eternals, existed the whole time, prove that they haven't.

In fact exploring mutants becoming public knowledge is probably the best storyline to go with across films and series.

And the more awareness there is and the more bigotry is reduced, the more people from those groups will realize that they are not alone in their struggle and will feel safe to come out in their environment. Isn't that exactly what the mutants are all about?

Yeah Mutants are just normal people. problem is they have powers and are discriminated towards for being different. whether its because they are dangerous or just purely because they are seen as freaks. thats kinda the message. the thing thats holding it back though is the MCU is its already super hero filled. so where is the difference between Mutants, aliens, wizards gods, spider-men, inhumans, vampire hunters, tech men, hulks, and whatever else gets introduced. Mutants will have to be reduced and work in a much smaller way in this universe because you probably could never make mutants work in the way that they worked in the comics. that boat has floated the same way the chances of Magneto being Wandas biological father in the MCU, or Captain america having known Wolverine back during war times has floated.

Its easy to create excuses like Xavier has been hiding mutants. problem is when you really start to think about the universe they live in. it starts to collapse under its own weight. and needs to be a case of just don't think about it in order for it to make sense. thats kinda why the chances of them being created in modern day probably would be more likely.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"