Superman Returns Way to much looks to have been cut from the movie!!!

Naite, remember this.

The DVD 3 hour version is the definitive version of the film, so just wait for it if you want to see those cutscenes so badly.

Some reviewers already say the film is too long, and it is long... it needed to be trimmed down to about 2:30 to fly with mainstream audiences..but the DVD is the film in its entire form.

If anything it gives us, the fans, something to look forward too with 30 extra minutes or longer.

Kane said:
Naite, remember this.

The DVD 3 hour version is the definitive version of the film, so just wait for it if you want to see those cutscenes so badly.

Some reviewers already say the film is too long, and it is long... it needed to be trimmed down to about 2:30 to fly with mainstream audiences..but the DVD is the film in its entire form.

If anything it gives us, the fans, something to look forward too with 30 extra minutes or longer.
If those scenes that have been cut will be incorporated in the dvd edition, I'll be very happy, and they most likely will... but they'll only be seen as a seperate thing (for now that is).. I dont believe that Bryan will mix in those deleted scenes for the dvd edition.

People are already saying that the movie is too long as it is now, at 2:33 hours.. for me that's cool, which is why I thought that it would leave more then enough time for all of that farm stuff to be in it.. but seeing how Clark is already back at the planet within 10 minutes of the film, that leaves like 2:20 hours worth of film left.. Gosh, a lot must happen in this film then... you see I let my self to believe that the first 30 minutes of the film would revolve around the Kent farm, and Clark catching up on things and such... but all of that is cut out, and superman is already seen in under half an hour within the movie... I just thought that they would gear up superman's return a bit more. They really took their time in STM, which is why I thought that it would be the same in returns, but it's not.. but we'll see how it goes.

STM waited to long to get Clark to Metropolis and this is still with jumping ahead about 15 years from when he is first discovered by the Kents and then 12 years when he hits the FOS. That is just bad fluidity.

I wonder if the scene with Clark taking out the picture from the suitcase, only to see the super-suit lying behind it, is also cut??? It would be very nice to see that, and to see Glen Ford in that picture where they've computergenerated Routh in it, that looked so good...

Is the line from Martha saying "Your father used to say, that the world can always use more good reporters" still in the film, or is that cut too... God, I just can't stand not knowing these kind of things, and it kills me that I have to wait this long.

naite we got less then 2 days to find out..... im so pumped here..... i feel as if i can lift a car

Lightning54SC said:
naite we got less then 2 days to find out..... im so pumped here..... i feel as if i can lift a car
No my dear fellow super-fan. YOU have 2 days left, I'm one of those who has to wait til August 4'th:(

Naite22 said:
If those scenes that have been cut will be incorporated in the dvd edition, I'll be very happy, and they most likely will... but they'll only be seen as a seperate thing (for now that is).. I dont believe that Bryan will mix in those deleted scenes for the dvd edition.

People are already saying that the movie is too long as it is now, at 2:33 hours.. for me that's cool, which is why I thought that it would leave more then enough time for all of that farm stuff to be in it.. but seeing how Clark is already back at the planet within 10 minutes of the film, that leaves like 2:20 hours worth of film left.. Gosh, a lot must happen in this film then... you see I let my self to believe that the first 30 minutes of the film would revolve around the Kent farm, and Clark catching up on things and such... but all of that is cut out, and superman is already seen in under half an hour within the movie... I just thought that they would gear up superman's return a bit more. They really took their time in STM, which is why I thought that it would be the same in returns, but it's not.. but we'll see how it goes.

He's not back at the planet within 10 minutes! That's an exaggeration.
There's a scene in the begining
Then the credits
The the scene at the farm with Martha... she finds Clark... he wakes up... starts watching TV... talks with his mom... has a flashback... talks to his mom again.
I might get some of those mixed up but no way do they all happen in just 10 minutes.

A full 20 minutes pass before we see him in full Clark wear.

Naite22 said:
No my dear fellow super-fan. YOU have 2 days left, I'm one of those who has to wait til August 4'th:(
Now there's a reason to b*tch, and I'd back you up too.

^ well that at least sounds much better to me. Thanks for clearing that up LadyVader:) 20 minutes is at least better then 10.

Naite22 said:
^ well that at least sounds much better to me. Thanks for clearing that up LadyVader:) 20 minutes is at least better then 10.

I hope you don't get this worked up in real life and all the exclamation points and profanities are leading to medical problems. :O

this idea came to me as i was walking around work...

what if singer had incorporated the return to krypton scenes as a flashback sequence when clark is telling martha about his trip?

the camera could be focusing on clark's face as he's speaking, and it would fade to the blackness of space and you would see kal-el in his spaceship exploring...

"that place was a graveyard..." *fade to black*....*see kal-el exploring*..."<insert more explanatory dialogue>"...*see kal-el being affected by kryptonite and the ship being bombarded with asteroids*....*see him barely make it out alive*...

and *fade back to present*..."i'm all that's left."

that woulda been nice. but then again maybe that woulda encroached on the childhood flashbacks...can't have too many flashbacks, i guess...

something to ponder.

dabilee01 said:
this idea came to me as i was walking around work...

what if singer had incorporated the return to krypton scenes as a flashback sequence when clark is telling martha about his trip?

I am afraid it would not work in that context. The beginning of that sequence was so slow and dream-like it really needs to be played alone, for its whole length, in the very start of the movie as it was planned. You cannot insert 5 minutes of awesomness in the middle of a sentence... ;)

What I want to know is, where is the scene with Superman looking at himself in the mirror while wearing his Clark glasses? I love that picture!

film was amazing, everything about it especially the pacing of the film! Everything seemed to hit right on the dot!!

The editing sucked. The pacing wasn't great. I wish they hadn't cut that much.

The beginning seemed a bit rushed, but once they got to Metropolis everything started to even out in the pacing area. I'm looking forward to the extended edition DVD.

Just tell me guys, cause I'm flipping the **** out because I dont know what to think! Could you please elaborate that about the pacing, instead of just saying it sucks and that's it... it aint helping! WHAT EXACTLY rushed, and when did the pacing fall into place!!!!

Naite, it was amazing. All I can say is you'll love it....I guarantee.

You'll give it 10/10 bc its a very powerful emotionally driven film and it finally gives Superman some dignity.

So just chill for the next few months, but I guarantee you'll love it.

Naite22 said:
Just tell me guys, cause I'm flipping the **** out because I dont know what to think! Could you please elaborate that about the pacing, instead of just saying it sucks and that's it... it aint helping! WHAT EXACTLY rushed, and when did the pacing fall into place!!!!

Well, I read the novel and there is a bunch of photos of different scenes that weren't featured in the movie. Knowing of those scenes already, I expected them. By all means the movie is great. Superb even. It rivals Donner's original Superman in fact. I just wish they didn't cut out those establishing scenes from the beginning. To me, it built up his character a lot before his "return." Also, it just feels as if filming those scenes was money wasted that could have went elsewhere in the film. Why spend millions of dollars on visual effects work with Krypton and building a Kent farm set if you're not going to use them? But hopefully we'll get the extended cut. Singer says he doesnt have to do it, he actually prefers the cut that's in the theaters, but he says that the scenes that he did film were "beautiful."

I'd love to see and own the extended cut! :D
All of the scenes of Clark on the farm and the Krypton scenes. singer is wrong, added those scenes back in would make the film better in my opinion, but what do I know, I'm not a professional director.

After viewing the movie, I now must agree with this. It looked and felt like a lot was cut. A lot of the insight stuff that would have really added what was needed.

I shouldn't feel like the rest of the movie hinges on the DVD. I didn't feel that way with LOTR.

Again, Superman Returns is a very good movie.

Showtime029 said:
STM waited to long to get Clark to Metropolis and this is still with jumping ahead about 15 years from when he is first discovered by the Kents and then 12 years when he hits the FOS. That is just bad fluidity.
STM was telling the story of what happened on Krypton, his journey to earth, his childhood and having to hide his paoers, the loss of his dad, and his journey to the Arctic and the FOS to find out who he was. It all needed to be told. it was the story of Superman. that is what makes it still the best Comic book to movie adaptation ever. It wasn't all about him as Superman. It was were he came from and how he got to who he was.

Kane said:
Naite, it was amazing. All I can say is you'll love it....I guarantee.

You'll give it 10/10 bc its a very powerful emotionally driven film and it finally gives Superman some dignity.

So just chill for the next few months, but I guarantee you'll love it.
Thank you for saying that, truely... I too think that it will be, I was just about to flip out for a second there... But I think that I'll leave the boards for a couple of weeks.. might be healthy for me to think of something else for a while:)....I gotta stop letting others delude me into thinking the worst... but I can't wait to see it on August 4'th.. jeez that's a looong wait still.

Deleted scenes!

All the scenes with Clark and Martha on the farm were cut out, except for one where she tells him he's not alone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"