WB/DC: It's All Part Of The Plan

Status
Not open for further replies.
wasnt there a doc savage adaption in the 60s/70s that was crappy?

Yes, with Ron "Tarzan" Ely as Doc. I saw it as a kid and can't remember much, except that at one point, if I remember right, he was shot and the bullets didn't harm him.

ok thanks payaso i was sure i seen something that there was a previous adaption long ago. Though if a new one is happening i wish it the best of luck to do well. That is all we can really hope when they try to adapt these characters to films to do well and do justice to the characters. Some times it works some times it doesnt.

The Doc Savage movie was made in 1975....it was bad....the scene where Doc is shot, he was wearing a bullet proof vest.

I think we'll still see the clark kent cameo, only it will be a shot of a torso sitting at a desk and probably name tag saying clark kent with the rings flying by. This way they avoid having to show the face. It would make the most sense of still keeping it if they really wanted too.

What sense would there be to have the cameo if it isn't going to tie into anything anyway, though? If they just don't do it, they won't hint at anything that they won't deliver. Then again, they could make it a cute inside joke about the state of things...like he's about to say something, and someone else cuts him off "Sorry...interviews are over." :O

yea i still think more likely then not the kent cameo for gl probably isnt going to be in the current shooting script or even shot. Since superman is in the situation we are in right now and all that. Where as they could easily drop the kent cameo and like how in the first draft had a guy garnder cameo maybe throw in another earth bound gl in kent spot.

A superman cameo in the GL movie wont happen simply because:
1) the whole superman rights trial
2) WB has proven itself to be stupid. They are not capable of something so awesome.

They could do a Batman cameo but i doubt Nolan will let his Batman near other superheroes. Cause you know... Superheroes are unrealistic.

But what would be awesome about it if it wasn't specifically hinting at an ensemble piece...or even a Superman movie?

I haven't seen yet one single superhero cameo that's of any importance.

Wasn't Stark's cameo in Incredible Hulk alluding to a future Avengers movie or something? Not a bad idea, considering Iron Man's success/popularity, to lend that extra bit to a franchise that was trying to reinvent itself, while pulling double-duty as future marketing for all of them.....assuming they're actually doing more, or the Avengers thing.

Last edited:
Their no need for Supes cameo appearance if its not gonna amount to a future JL movie.

I haven't seen yet one single superhero cameo that's of any importance.
Actually, their only role was to establish that all these characters share the same universe. Now that Cap, Thor and the Avengers are being planned, they can plan their cameos better. Knowing how all the characters are going to develop and how they will all come together to form the avengers, they can now do cameos with greater importance. Like how its rumoured that Howard Stark was involved in the super soldier project, or how Fury seems to be about to convince Stark to join the super secret boyband....er... i meant the Avengers. He'll probably join the Avengers in IM2, already being a member when the movie Avengers begins.

Last edited:
Actually, their only role was to establish that all these characters share the same universe. Now that Cap, Thor and the Avengers are being planned, they can plan their cameos better. Knowing how all the characters are going to develop and how they will all come together to form the avengers, they can now do cameos with greater importance. Like how its rumoured that Howard Stark was involved in the super soldier project, or how Fury seems to be about to convince Stark to join the super secret boyband....er... i meant the Avengers.

As opposed to the Brady Bunch...er.....Justice League? :woot::oldrazz:

The cameo from what my peers tell me at TW have said the cameo will have meaning with the next SUperman film... So I indeed feel WB is going to make the cameo as significant as the Starks in HUlk and Shield cameos were in 2008 for Avengers and Thor. So indeed expect a Superman announcement shortly.. Hopefully we get a good director behind it, that doesnt want to emulate Richard Donner.(That was Singers big mistake... Folks wanted something far grander than Superman Returns)

If he had gone with someone Superman can actually fight, then Superman would not have been upset by Pirates 2. I also think his radical changes to the costume hurt the film as well... Share your thoughts everyone.

:supes:

Their no need for Supes cameo appearance if its not gonna amount to a future JL movie.
It could:
1) Serve to establish that all DC characters exist in the same universe.
2) Give a nod and make an inside joke to the fans.
3) Be an important cameo preluding the story of a JL or teamup film. See Fury asking Stark to join the Avengers.

But with Superman being in legal rights hell, with Nolan not allowing his Batman to exist in a wider DC universe, and with a Flash and WW film nowhere in the horizon, i'd say that a JL one is out of the question for the near future.
Btw, i think that they dont need to introduce each JL member in his own film before they do a JL one. For example i dont think that a WW movie would be very successful, so they could simply save themselves the trouble and embarrassment and introduce her in the JL film, just like she was introduced in the first episode of the JL animated series.
Or she could do a cameo in one of the other DC movies and be introduced there.

Last edited:
I think a JL movie would be better suited to CG instead of actual live action.

Computer Generated images/animation, and clearly not live-action. For JL, maybe something in between more cartoon-like (a la Pixar) and motion-capture life-like-'ish' (Beowulf, Final Fantasy).

The cameo from what my peers tell me at TW have said the cameo will have meaning with the next SUperman film... So I indeed feel WB is going to make the cameo as significant as the Starks in HUlk and Shield cameos were in 2008 for Avengers and Thor. So indeed expect a Superman announcement shortly.. Hopefully we get a good director behind it, that doesnt want to emulate Richard Donner.(That was Singers big mistake... Folks wanted something far grander than Superman Returns)

If he had gone with someone Superman can actually fight, then Superman would not have been upset by Pirates 2. I also think his radical changes to the costume hurt the film as well... Share your thoughts everyone.

:dry: Another insider. :whatever:

Thanks for the explanation but i guess we disagree on that.
If the concept of the Green Lanterns is not ridiculous, then why is the JL ridiculous so that it cant be adapted in live action? If anything, JL has had some great stories along the years.
For example the Cadmus arc that spanned the whole 3rd season of the JL animated show is one of my favourite comic book stories.

Yup those were some radical changes on the costume :o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"