We Hate Everything About Everything - Part 21

oh, here's my current hate:

i recently sent in a trade-in to amazon that was worth just under $50, and it should have been there over a week ago. it has not gotten there yet and i haven't received credit for it.
i sent it via UPS but i don't have a receipt. is it a lost cause?

I don't for sure know Amazon's policies, but based on when I did call service work for another company, possibly. If there is no tracking ID that can be provided, often times they cannot do anything. That said, was it part of some type of item exchange? Or just a trade in for credit? If it was for like Amazon credit, contact their customer service over the phone and you can maybe get a portion of that credited to your account. If they give pushback, escalate. More often than not, call center managers do not want to talk to you (I know I didn't ever want to take escalations, lol) and they will try and have the agent compromise with you to get you off the phone.

Last edited:
Speaking of mail issues; I don't like opening my mail box to see other people mail in it, even less when it's something meant to be delivered to someone in a neighbor country that does not even share the mail box number.

I hate that all this weather will cause my package to be delayed til next week. Hmmph!

My PS3 finally gave up the ghost tonight, need to see if it's fix-able.

So my package came on time, but they delivered it to my neighbor instead and they didn't answer. I only knew about it cause my neighbor was kind enough to give me the notice they left in their mailbox. So now I have to wait until Monday to drive across town early in the morning before work to get it.

I hate that my boss, the store manager who has the power to (and has gleefully done so in the past) fire people, won't fire the laziest ****** at my job because he literally will not get hired anywhere else.

For reference on how important customer service is at my job, I work in a thrift shop and we rely pretty much 100% on people giving us things. We piss our customers off, they can close us down inside of a week just by not giving us stuff.

He's an old jackass who yells at the customers, has been caught stealing multiple times but it's not 'stealing' because he just hordes it in the back of the store in his desk and makes the job harder for the rest of us because he constantly refuses to do his job.

It's gotten to the point where we have to write our names on the donation bins we fill from the drop offs because he will just dump any piece of garbage in them instead of throwing it in the dumpster that is literally about ten feet away from the door he mans. He still refuses to write his damn name on the boxes.

My boss took me aside the other day to have a talk because I had been cleaning out his hoarding are due to it getting creepy as hell. The guy had 'acquired' dozens of religious icons and strung them up all over the place. One or two is fine but he had 20+ of them at the desk and several more scattered around the store in 'problem' areas. She flat out told me that I shouldn't try to piss him off by moving things despite him being the day staff and I take over for the night when he leaves so it isn't his exclusive area. Then when I complained about him being a lazy **** she shrugged and told me that 'Maybe he'll retire soon'.

One example of how lazy he is - He left me about three hundred pounds of donations a few days ago when he left. He leaves at 5pm (or earlier if the boss leaves early and he thinks he can get away with it) and I had to spend an hour cleaning up after him.

The entire store hates the guy and most refuse to talk to him because he's such a dick. I get asked to do his job when he's on the clock because if they ask him, he'll yell at them or ignore them and it won't get done.

It's ****ing ridiculous.

can you go to the union about it? do you have a union? if not, can you complain to someone higher up? higher than your boss even?

There is no union and unless customers actively complain directly above my boss then nothing gets done.

you need to get some friends to come in as customers and complain

As I keep telling my fellow employees when we have the meth heads come in to shoplift everything, "I have access to a hacksaw, garbage bags and a dumpster."

:p

I hate cold weather. I grew up and lived near Boston , ma. most of my life but for the first time I’m truly sick of it .

i am surrounded by lazy people too, but because they are high timers, they get away with it. I often sound like a grandma complaining how it used to be better in the good old days but it was. :( Why is it so hard to just do your job?

It's one degree outside. :( All the snow and ice we got hasn't melted a bit and won't for a good long while.

i am surrounded by lazy people too, but because they are high timers, they get away with it. I often sound like a grandma complaining how it used to be better in the good old days but it was. :( Why is it so hard to just do your job?

i fight that battle almost every day at work

The sad part is I do most of my work without busting my ass. What do these people domall day?

I hate cold weather. I grew up and lived near Boston , ma. most of my life but for the first time I’m truly sick of it .
YO. WHAT'S UP?
Hating the lovely weather aside.

Hey Ammunition.....errr.....I mean Bullets. :oldrazz:

How's it going???

Bless you sir, will see how much to fix the PS3, and comparable to upgrade, money v tight at mo.

Understood mate. I should have given you my old PS3 before I got rid of it. i imagine they must be pretty cheap 2nd hand nowadays.

Last edited:
I hate that I still have my cold after having it all weekend. :(

Understood mate. I should have give you my old PS3 before I got rid of it. i imagine they must be pretty cheap 2nd hand nowadays.

You are a diamond sir. Thanks for the thought. :bow:

I hate that I still have my cold after having it all weekend. :(

Yeesh I've had my fair share of severe flu bouts too & it's not fun at all.

Last edited:
I hate video games. I'm over it. Completely. I gave up buying new games and systems back in the 90s. Little did I know that my wife would play them from the time she got home from work until bed. Now she even plays her DS in bed because she can't sleep, even when I ask her to turn it off. I can't sleep with the damn DS light on. If I hear one more thing about The Legend of Zelda or Splatoon I may lock myself downstairs and never come back up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"