BvS What about a Lois/Bruce romance?

I think what will happen with the JL trilogy, given that Superman will be crimped for screen-time with 4 other heroes sharing the spotlight, is a Superman/WW romance subplot. Especially as I doubt Lois will play much of a role in the JL films - because of screen-time and the need to focus on the big 5 and presumably multiple big-time villains.

Come on. There will be a lot going on in JL for them to suddenly start with a romantic SM/WW subplot, especialy when Superman already has a established relationship with Lois Lane in the previous films and WW will have her own love interest in her movies (Steve Trevor). Just because the new comics are making a mediocre attemp at that relationship doesn't mean a movie will go in that direction when they've clearly started with Clark and Lois falling in love in the first movie and with their relationship growing in the second. And with the history Superman and Lois have had since they were created together in 1938.
The new52 has based SM/WW on the premise that Clark can't tell his secret to the one he truly wanted at first : Lois and is feeling totally alone and isolated, so he turned to the only woman he could find next to him and who is feeling the same way. Even though he still thinks of Lois. A story completely different from the one we had in Man of Steel.

Lois Lane has played a part in other JL stories in the comics, at worst I can see her playing her a role similar to Pepper in the Avengers, with all the stuff the plot of a JL film will have going on the last thing a JL movie needs is to be focused on a romance.

Last edited:
They just cast Ben Affleck. He's not gonna have a "minor" role.

Even the World's Finest story arc in the Superman animated series saw Bruce romantically involved with Lois. And in case you haven't noticed, WB is shooting for a huge payday so you can expect this movie to check off just about every big budget hollywood trope there is. You can't have Batman in this movie and NOT have him be interested in chicks when Superman is all gooey eyed over Lois Lane.

Trust me, Batman will at least TRY to kiss someone in this movie.

I could see a scene in which Bruce Wayne meets Lois for the first time, perhaps for an interview. He flirts with her, and then gets shut down. That would establish Lois's loyalty to Clark, as well as her professionalism while she's on the job.

Is Lois really 'attached' to Clark at this point? I don't think he exactly owns her. If a love triangle thing dies happen, the likelihood is that Bruce would seem exciting but uninvested, Clark would seem solid but dull, and Lois would be exploring her options. In the end, Clark's genuineness and old school chivalry would win out. That's the way it's meant to be.

Is Lois really 'attached' to Clark at this point? I don't think he exactly owns her. If a love triangle thing dies happen, the likelihood is that Bruce would seem exciting but uninvested, Clark would seem solid but dull, and Lois would be exploring her options. In the end, Clark's genuineness and old school chivalry would win out. That's the way it's meant to be.

The interesting thing is how "old school" in way Cavill is. Chivalry, politeness, genuiness, humble charm. Cavill has those nailed - in real life. Let WF allow him to show those qualities in his portrayal of Clark.

In the Details interview the author was expecting him to arrive in a fancy car but no, he walked by himself down the beach from his SoCal home.

Cavill has an incredible natural charm that the MOS script and directing held back IMO. Let Henry be Henry in WF and he will be do fine. His genuine down home persona makes me think of a great line from S:TM - "are there any more at home like you?" Lois/Kidder to Clark/Reeve. BTW, in Cavill's case there are 4 more at home like him.

Last edited:
i don't want to see a love triangle

based on MOS, Lois and Clark already have a thing going on

i would like to see Bruce flirt with Lois though just to piss off Clark :woot:

i'm pretty sure (and so glad) that lois isn't going the be the stupid/shallow groupie that we all know and love. she's with clark. i'm pretty sure she is in love with him. so i think the love triangle isn't going to be there. but i am sure that bruce will use lois to get to clark/superman

If I ever see this on live action

3SomeMaybe.jpg

I'm gonna LOL so hard.

The only problem is...if Lois is attracted to Clark's honesty, earnestness, and kindness, why are people so afraid that she'd go after Bruce "Facade" Wayne, when he's going to be a cocky and arrogant *****e, and a playboy?

Well, Ben IS closer to age with Amy than Henry does, and what better way to create tension between two superheroes if it seems like Batman is flirting with Superman's gf, and Supe didn't like it? A love triangle could make the whole thing more interesting.

What the hell does Amy's age being closer to Ben have anything to do with it? In the film itself, Lois is closer to Clark's age than Amy is to Henry in real life.

And only lazy and unimaginative people would go that route of creating tension between the characters and Lois would look extremely bad if she were to fall for Bruce while being in a relationship with Clark.

The given impression for many was that Clark and Lois would be in a committed relationship by the time this film starts; which was fueled by what Goyer said regarding plans for the couple.

If they are in a committed relationship by the time the film starts and Lois still ends up wanting Bruce like how MJ does with every guy in the last three Spider-Man films, then she'd look very bad imho.

It's bad enough that Superman has to compete for screen time with Batman, let's not add another thing to the list.

this thing is gonna so bromantic its not even funny. forget lois and bruce. it all about batman <3 superman

this thing is gonna so bromantic its not even funny. forget lois and bruce. it all about batman <3 superman

Superman will be Spock, Batman will be Kirk, and Lois will be Uhura

I hope not
Uhura was so underused in Star Trek.

Ouch! If WB is covering all bases with WF I suppose they will go there too.

I hope not
Uhura was so underused in Star Trek.

Indeed; but I was actually referring to more of the character dynamics and not so much their characterizations from the film.lol

Superman and Batman are practically going steady in the comics. Seeing them on-screen will change the world of slash for forever. Forget the other pairings; Batman/Superman will be the OTP of every slash lovin' fangirl.

Remember folks, this is a good thing for the box office.

I think that if it's done right, Lois/Clark will give Bruce/Clark a run for the money. And if we're really lucky, we'll get the rare gem of a threesome out of this. Not that I am planning to write a threesome fanfic at all.

Superman and Batman are practically going steady in the comics. Seeing them on-screen will change the world of slash for forever. Forget the other pairings; Batman/Superman will be the OTP of every slash lovin' fangirl.

Remember folks, this is a good thing for the box office.

I think that if it's done right, Lois/Clark will give Bruce/Clark a run for the money. And if we're really lucky, we'll get the rare gem of a threesome out of this. Not that I am planning to write a threesome fanfic at all.

See you had me until that 3-way part.:o:oldrazz::doh:

And I was eating dinner as well.lol Note to self; must be careful when coming on these threads.

Nevertheless, I just hope that with everything that can go wrong, that they don't add more fuel to the flames by forcing a Bruce/Lois romance connection in any way. It's Clark and Lois all the way for me.

See you had me until that 3-way part.:o:oldrazz::doh:

And I was eating dinner as well.lol Note to self; must be careful when coming on these threads.

Heeeeee! :fhm:

Nevertheless, I just hope that with everything that can go wrong, that they don't add more fuel to the flames by forcing a Bruce/Lois romance connection in any way. It's Clark and Lois all the way for me.

Yes, on a more serious note, I don't want to see Bruce and Lois actually be romantic. Like I said, if she's flirting with him to get something from him, that would be fine. Otherwise, I don't want to see a romance between them. Lois/Clark is my het OTP.

Yes, on a more serious note, I don't want to see Bruce and Lois actually be romantic. Like I said, if she's flirting with him to get something from him, that would be fine. Otherwise, I don't want to see a romance between them. Lois/Clark is my het OTP.

Agreed; and I also hope that they don't write it that Bruce and Lois were former lovers. As I mentioned in other posts, while I think it works for some couples in other fictional stories, I rather not have it applied for Superman and Batman.

A Lois and Bruce romance is not the way to go.

But there should be a scene with Bruce Wayne and Lex Luthor both in a corporate meeting and Lois walks in and says her now famous line " you guys done measuring *****?"

Lois has to be involved in someone. If Lana arrives, I doubt Lois will be able to keep Clark. Bruce is the next best thing. And Lois' age is closer to Bruce's age than Clark's age.

You are confusing actor age and character age.

Also, if you think Lana has any chance of displacing Lois you understand nothing about the Superman mythos. Lois is the person connected with Superman.

Who does Clark marry? Lois. Always.

Anyway, in this story Lana is a minor character who I doubt will ever show up again.

Lana arrived in the other Superman films. And she has a huge fanbase thanks to the smallville tv show. Why not? And they showed her in MOS, as a young'n. She's relevant.

Even in Smallville Clark married Lois. Was Lana in Superman 2? Was Lana in Superman Returns? I mean, if anything called for using Lana to solve a problem in was SR, but they didn't.

I highly doubt Lana is going to show up.

Lana is not relevant. There is no indication they intend to cast anyone as Lana. We are best off if we never see her again. At worst we might get a STAS treatment of her, although I prefer L&C methods of making her a true villain, but doubt MOS would go that far.

No, personally I wouldn't mind seeing Vickie Vale in the movie (a better version than the one Burton gave us). She can be a different kind of reporter to play off Lois. She can also be Bruce's love interest (if they go that route, which I'm not convinced that they will).

I think this is a very good idea. I hope they do it, but have my doubts.

Lois has always been, and always will be a MUCH more important character than Lana. She's Superman's true love, plain and simple. Even Smallville recognized that. She WON'T be killed off. She isn't Rachel Dawes (a throwaway character that can be easily disposed of to move the plot forward). She's nearly as essential to the story as Superman himself.

Lois is the only other character besides Superman who had been around since the first comic. She is central to the story. Besides with her being in the know, the only way for her eye to be lickley to wander at all is if Clark is a true lunkhead and breaks up with her for her own good.

After SR, I really hope the creators of Superman films realize Lois Love triangles are a bad idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"