What are your Gripes/Concerns with the project?

apparently. the link you gave was a "Error 404 - Not Found" but i saw the pic anyway. you can guess my response...

...'bleh'

let me guess......you love the pic. it's the best pic you've seen and now you're going to change your whole perspective on this movie. am i close?........lol!

my only concern is that they're moving away from the original anime... I wanted to see Krillin, a futuristic place with floating cars, talking animals, and the like.

let me guess......you love the pic. it's the best pic you've seen and now you're going to change your whole perspective on this movie. am i close?........lol!

man....you were soooooooooo close!!! :woot:

my only concern is that they're moving away from the original anime... I wanted to see Krillin, a futuristic place with floating cars, talking animals, and the like.

you'll have to wait for a more talented and visionary director to take interest. unfortunately, i don't think that's gonna happen anytime soon.

is this going to be a battle inside a volcano? i hope so!

The new picture of Chatwin as Goku pretty much sums up my concern for this movie.

Goku movie should have being the kid for the "phantom menace" yipie..

My point is that is ok that they change to Goku to a young version. Because a kid beating adults will looks like the chimp of speed racer Lol

My concern is that fans that dont like the adaptation and the critics affect the movie.

Goku movie should have being the kid for the "phantom menace" yipie..

My point is that is ok that they change to Goku to a young version. Because a kid beating adults will looks like the chimp of speed racer Lol

My concern is that fans that dont like the adaptation and the critics affect the movie.

fans will go to see the movie, even if they don't like what they see now, id bet most of them will end up watching it in theaters

the fact that a lot of fans don't like what they have seen so far doesn't mean the movie is gonna get bad critics

fans will go to see the movie, even if they don't like what they see now, id bet most of them will end up watching it in theaters

the fact that a lot of fans don't like what they have seen so far doesn't mean the movie is gonna get bad critics

I don't know about this. A lot more like what they've seen than don't; most are cautiously optimistic. The people who complain are the ones that stick out the most...they're much easier to notice.

I don't know about this. A lot more like what they've seen than don't; most are cautiously optimistic. The people who complain are the ones that stick out the most...they're much easier to notice.

yeah, i know, i didnt mean that most of the fans dont like it
maybe its true that there are just a few of them but they sure seem a lot

this movie is sort of like Superman Returns in the way that SR divided the fans. Batman Beigns, for the most part, united the fans because most fans welcomed the change. SR divided fans because it wasn't handled the way that a lot of fans would have liked. the same goes this movie. not everyone hates it, not everyone loves it....but there is a clear division.

this movie is sort of like Superman Returns in the way that SR divided the fans. Batman Beigns, for the most part, united the fans because most fans welcomed the change. SR divided fans because it wasn't handled the way that a lot of fans would have liked. the same goes this movie. not everyone hates it, not everyone loves it....but there is a clear division.

I'd be more than satisfied if the end product was on par with SR. I never saw SR, but the critics liked it (77% on Rottentomatoes.com) and it had a good box office take $200+ million domestic and a good international tally.

it's tough to compare how DB will do in the box office compared to SR. SR was basically a drama with some action, but DB is a total action movie. SR's big problem was that it didn't have enough action, but DB won't have that problem...but SR had some major celebrities behind it. DB has Chow Yun Fat but he's not as well known in America as Kevin Spacey.

these movies are being handled totally differently from each other so it's hard to predict how they'll compare. however, i can almost guarantee that it won't be "fresh" on the tomatometer.

yes people arnt saticefied YET but i dont think it is going to be like SR
dragonball would have great posters and teasers becouse its dragonball its the smartest think what the producers can do whit dragonball becouse everywhone knows it
this is the first official picture and everywhone loves it that the proof already before i believed the poster whit the dragonball was real but c'mon fox aint giving a website on a poster if its doesnt exsist some people who are known whit photoshop can easily do that
so yes this movie wil rock and hit theathers like iron man MAYBE like spiderman
but he who knows maybe even bigger then that
it can go good or bad hard to tell at this point but whit the first official picture we are under way to a good movie!

Just by looking Speed Racers results this weekend.
I hope James Wong pays close attention.
Handlebear on IMDB makes some good oberservation about challenges the Wachowski Brothers had to overcome.

So how did they do at the Helm of Speed Racer? Pretty well. It's an exciting movie with lots of fun on a lot of levels and it sports a great cast of the primary characters all the way down to the Cameo "Hi-How-Are-Yaz". But it's also missing something. In their frame-blitzing zeal to bring Speed Racer as fully formed as possible, the Wachowski Brothers as producers, directors and especially writers pack in the same elements that the Television Show exposed as the series unfolded from the complex subplots to the family interaction to the complete silliness, slapstick goofs and complete and total campiness that usually worked on the small screen.

The problem here is that these divergent elements (that sometimes mixed poorly in the cartoon show) rarely prove soluble in the overall filmed version of Speed Racer. The over-the-top acting that we see so often here (which is, in fact, one of the more pure interpretations from the original show) has a tendency to feel too silly to adults while the long, expository dialogues between varied characters has a tendency to bore the small children that so many of the silly, slapstick interludes seem to be aimed toward. In the theatre I saw the film in there were sporadic times in which the very small children (who were all over) all laughed in unison, like a chorus of Pokemon clones. There were other times in which those same kids were so bored they were running around the theatre, talking in gibberish and doing any old thing to entertain themselves. Similarly, the older kids and adults had plenty of "OH YES!!!" moments along with a ton of checks of the old watch and forgivable trips to the rest room. Some of the violence and intense situations might be too much for the tykes (and the building storyline might be over their heads) while the scatologicall humor and goofy kid moments might cause too many eye rolls for the adults.

The film itself feels like a cross between The Matrix, The Love Bug and the Star Wars: Episode I - Racer video game, along with a heapin' helpin' of Speed Racer's many incarnations to boot.

the rest here http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0811080/board/thread/105804611

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"