The Dark Knight What colour scheme do you want for the Batsuit in TDK?

I think anything but all black would look ridiculous and completely non intimidating. To me, the point of the suit, and the persona, is not to put on a fashion show but a horror flick. If a guy jumped out on me with a mostly grey suit that has what appears to be underwear at first glance...
^ This is the grand all-black fallacy in a nutshell: That somehow, under the cover of darkness and shadow, with something—filled with malice and brutal intent—lunging at you seemingly out of nowhere, that you would have the wherewithal to distinguish subtle color variations in lighting conditions to which the human eye is poorly conditioned.

Quite frankly, whether that thing be black, gray, black & gray, blue, brown, red, etc., you would piss your pants where you stood long before you would think of—or get the chance to do—much of anything else. But maybe you’re one of those types who, for example, takes a moment to comment on the tiger’s cute orange and white coat as it came charging out of the jungle… mind you, you would not be laughing for long.

tiger-01.jpg

Nope. Not intimidating at all.

Here's the thing about the blue. Was his costume ever really supposed to be blue? I always thought it was supposed to be black, but blue was used to show depth and shading and whanot, kinda like the blue in Wolverine's hair.

no way should any of the new batsuit be blue.(if there really is a new suit)

all black or dark grey and black with no oval is my choice.

^ This is the grand all-black fallacy in a nutshell: That somehow, under the cover of darkness and shadow, with something—filled with malice and brutal intent—lunging at you seemingly out of nowhere, that you would have the wherewithal to distinguish subtle color variations in lighting conditions to which the human eye is poorly conditioned.

Quite frankly, whether that thing be black, gray, black & gray, blue, brown, red, etc., you would piss your pants where you stood long before you would think of—or get the chance to do—much of anything else. But maybe you’re one of those types who, for example, takes a moment to comment on the tiger’s cute orange and white coat as it came charging out of the jungle… mind you, you would not be laughing for long.
thats what I'm screaming, these punk a-- people that are all "if some dude came at me with that on I'd BLA BLA BLA"
Bullsh1+ they would roll over and give it up, and be glad to be done with it.

I laugh at and weep for the souls who lurk within threads like these.

They are trapped forever in battles of justification and reverence.

Here's the thing about the blue. Was his costume ever really supposed to be blue? I always thought it was supposed to be black, but blue was used to show depth and shading and whanot, kinda like the blue in Wolverine's hair.

Once upon a time, that was right, but not since about 1972. Subsequently, innovations in printing techniques have allowed textures and layers to be effectively rendered in black. Batman was still depicted in blue, and often appeared in blue in the same frame as characters who were wearing black. During the 90s, Batman did wear black inpreference to blue. Nowadays, both are used frequently. I think it is simply a matter of choice.

:whatever: No Einstein. Only YOU would piss your pants at the sight of that ****. If Dead End Batman jumped out at me, I would laugh, and
attempt to destroy his pansy ass, brutal intent or not. That's like if the school bully was lunging at you. You know his ass has malicious intent, but theres something just not doing the trick in the fright department. Wait. Maybe it's cause he's got his halloween costume on. Well ****, with a get up like that, I should really take him seriously:whatever: . He jumps out at me with that **** on, I'm throwing the first punch. If a guy comes out of his house wearing that **** trying to scare these psycotic little bastards today, he would eventually face some type of self conscious dilemma, seeing as though every time he SUCCESSFULLY captured a villain, they were laughing at his ass, broken jaws and all. Imagine a police report for that ****. "Unidentified male in blue and grey costume, complete equipped with mask, cape, and exterior underwear". As opposed to "Subject could not be clearly identified". Aint no flamboyant costume party ******* scarin me, or any other little psycopath of today. I don't care about in the comics, because everything works in the comics. But in real life, Dead End Batman ain't scarin a two year old.

Once upon a time, that was right, but not since about 1972. Subsequently, innovations in printing techniques have allowed textures and layers to be effectively rendered in black. Batman was still depicted in blue, and often appeared in blue in the same frame as characters who were wearing black. During the 90s, Batman did wear black inpreference to blue. Nowadays, both are used frequently. I think it is simply a matter of choice.

I always wondered.

It depends on the artist.

:whatever: No Einstein. Only YOU would piss your pants at the sight of that ****. If Dead End Batman jumped out at me, I would laugh, and
attempt to destroy his pansy ass, brutal intent or not. That's like if the school bully was lunging at you. You know his ass has malicious intent, but theres something just not doing the trick in the fright department. Wait. Maybe it's cause he's got his halloween costume on. Well ****, with a get up like that, I should really take him seriously:whatever: . He jumps out at me with that **** on, I'm throwing the first punch. If a guy comes out of his house wearing that **** trying to scare these psycotic little bastards today, he would eventually face some type of self conscious dilemma, seeing as though every time he SUCCESSFULLY captured a villain, they were laughing at his ass, broken jaws and all. Imagine a police report for that ****. "Unidentified male in blue and grey costume, complete equipped with mask, cape, and exterior underwear". As opposed to "Subject could not be clearly identified". Aint no flamboyant costume party ******* scarin me, or any other little psycopath of today. I don't care about in the comics, because everything works in the comics. But in real life, Dead End Batman ain't scarin a two year old.

You should ask your local pharmacist if he can prescribe you any medication to cut down on your out-of-control posturing.

it may be interesting to see blue and gray but usually there is an oval on the blue and gray aka "The World's Greatest Detective"

That's absolutely ridiculous looking. I'm a supporter of black/grey, but that's a joke.

one of the things I liked about the BB suit was that it picked up surrounding color. brown in the narrows, blue/green in the monotrail with Ra's.

the thing i liked about the bb suit was the design looked like the black and gray.

You should ask your local pharmacist if he can prescribe you any medication to cut down on your out-of-control posturing.

I find high doses of Valium work well in problem cases of this kind.

:whatever:
You should get a dose of reality if you think I'm the one posturing. Blind shots out of nowhere are a little better indicator of a chemical imbalance than a meaningless tirade on a fictional character. Anyone taking what I said that seriously needs to get off these forums post-haste and go take a look in the mirror, and a xanax. Chill Saint. Chill.

Who would want the oval back???? :huh:

"Dont matter that some fool say he different." -- D'angelo

i guess an oval would make the suit look perfected and more like a bat suit not body armor turned into a bat suit but i think having the bat without is fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"