What didn't you like about T:TDW?

1) Comedy was too much and stacked towards the end killing some of the more heavy dramatic moments just on the previous scene - The Subway scene during the final battle... really? Really!? Felt like a deleted scene you'd find watching the DVD. Thor Dark World felt more like Thor in Wonderland at times.

2) Villain had no build up.

3) Final Battle was short and anti-climactic.

4) Lady Sif storyline was wasted - feel like there would be a Thor TDW Director's Cut with this explored more.

5) Thor was basically made to look like a regular Asgardian who just depended way too much on Mjolnir, without it he just kept getting beat.

Still, I'd give this film a 3 / 5.

Enjoyable but not one of my favorite Marvel film (I actually liked this more than IM3 at least).

Dear Marvel / Kevin Feige,

Please don't put this much Comedy in Captain America Winter Soldier. I beg you.

4) Lady Sif storyline was wasted - feel like there would be a Thor TDW Director's Cut with this explored more.

Too many themes going on here ....

-Thor disobeying his father's wishes
-Thor and Jane
-Thor and Loki
-Loki and Frigga/Odin
-Asgard vs. Dark Elves
-Odin's revenge over Frigga's death
-The Convergence

There just wasn't any time to squeeze in a love triangle. It would've been unnecessary. However, they did give plenty of hints at it from Odin himself and when Sif called Thor out for his moping around.

Take time away from Darcy and give it to the Triangle.

Less Darcy would have been nice. Darcy got more time than Sith and The Warriors 3.

Last edited:
See, I wouldn't have less Darcy, I'd simply have more of the other characters. Sif, Malekith, Odin, Frigga, Volstagg, Frandal, Kurse.

Also, I really wish they had kept Sif and Heimdall related. Half-siblings, adopted, it wouldn't be that hard.

Kat Dennings character was cheesy and annoying at times

that's really my only complaint about this movie. other than that, i liked it better than the 1st film.

I've seen a lot of posts I agree with too much humor, nonsensical plot at times, weak villains, etc but one plot-point I want to touch on that I thought was handled horribly was Erik Selvig's insanity. It's far from my biggest problem with the film but I certainly disliked it.

Basically, as most of you know, Erik Selvig was a brilliant scientist who was possesed by Loki and thus his mind was destroyed. It's really quite tragic that his once brilliant mind has now been fractured. But the film only uses this tragic character as the butt of jokes. Instead of getting some interesting growth from the character he is running around naked in Stonehenge.

Instead of getting some interesting growth from the character he is running around naked in Stonehenge.

....and was also shown pant-less later. :dry:

I have to agree that the attempts at comedy were just too over-the-top. The comedy in Marvel movies in general is starting to annoy me, I wish they'd scale it back some and add some of the seriousness that the DC movies like Nolan's Batflicks and MOS have. The Marvel movies are starting to feel like rolling punchlines now. Well obviously not all of them, like the X-Men & Wolverine movies, but the Avengers-character ones are getting annoying. It was probably one of the most distracting & detracting things for me in Avengers and IM3.

Last edited:
Less Darcy would have been nice. Darcy got more time than Sith and The Warriors 3.

Sith-Lord-Darkness-Tim.jpg

201348_279722_14_024.jpg

Darcy is fine, even enjoyable, in small doses. There was just too much of her character in this film. Sometimes less is more.

Not enough Sif...that is LITERALLY the only dislike I have for the film

While Darcy is fine IMO I think the need we had for her as audience surrogate character in the last film is unnecessary any more. So let her go and use that time to better focus on Thor's posse, especially Sif.

While Darcy is fine IMO I think the need we had for her as audience surrogate character in the last film is unnecessary any more. So let her go and use that time to better focus on Thor's posse, especially Sif.

That's just a personal preference (in some cases fanboy wank). Not having more Sif doesn't HURT the film.

Personally I couldn't care less about Sif's character. Haven't been interested in her at any point during the two films.

I think the dynamic between her and Jane is more ripe for interesting things to happen than Jane and Darcy's dynamic is.

That's just a personal preference (in some cases fanboy wank). Not having more Sif doesn't HURT the film.

Personally I couldn't care less about Sif's character. Haven't been interested in her at any point during the two films.

Thats the problem... Marvel literally have the perfect person playing this character, but they literally don't know what to do with her. She is underused.

My Main problem with the film is all the subplots they squeezed into the film but completely forgot about. They hint at Sif feelings for Thor, her disdain for Jane, and nothing comes out of it. Heimdall, gives himself up for treason and we see nothing of him. Loki disguises himself as Odin, shouldn't Heimdall notice this??
Thor tells Hogun to remain in his lands with his peoples and we never see him again. We never see the Warriors Three again after they help Thor and Loki escape. Malekith was so underdeveloped.

I was waiting to see Jane's reaction to Frigga's death but she hardly shows any emotion. The mother of her boyfriend just died protecting her, you would think she would feel some kind of guilt or sadness. Maybe take things into her own hands and free Loki and have him take her to the Dark Elves in order to make sure no one else has to die.

I really thought that Sif, the Warriors 3 and Heimdall would show up to help out with the last battle at least. After all the Asgardians were all over the 9 realms to bring out peace, yet when theres a battle raging on earth that could mean the destruction of the 9 realms, only Thor is there. Even if Odin dislikes earth, he should at least ensure the safety of the 9 realms and send a force to aid Thor, since the Threat of the elves attacking Asgard again is non-existent now that they have the Aether.

Its a entertaining film, but it could have been better.

Awe, people don't like Darcy? I'm hoping they beef her presence up more in the third installment, and hey, maybe become
Loki's girlfriend since her personality is alot like his

But, they should have had the movie a bit longer to showcase the other warriors and the perhaps the main villain. But, they probably scaled back after the backlash against Disney's other big tentpole film, the Lone Ranger, in that critics thought it was too long.

And I hope Marvel doesn't listen to any of you crying about the humor. I do not want to see Nolan seriousness in a Marvel movie. I hope they keep on doing their thing, since it's been working very well for them the whole time.

It's not working though. It brought the movie down big time. They shouldnt take away the comedy, its what helps make these movies because the stories usually aren't helping them. But they need to learn where to put comedy and where not to force it

Okay I am game
- waaaaayy to much comedy! What is this "show time at Asgard!" erick selvigrunning around with no clothes, Thor on metro, Thor trying to fly the ship( reminded me of will smith, Jeff goldblum in "independence day")
- Darcy's intern most has alway been said
- fandral being recasted I don't know but this new dude have the 1st ones swagger
- Odin totally doing a 360 and wanting to go wolverine and willing to risk all the
Asgardians lives for battle after telling Thor that's not what a good kin does
- the profound waste of Sif and the warriors 3 for jane's date and Darcy s intern

Now since I’ve seen it in my opinion the overall comedy wasn’t the problem it was the execution of it that was.

The big ones for me were frigga dies and lets cut straight away to crazy selvig. Or loki dies and literally right after ohh I know lets go in a cave and have a phone call. Or how about the brothers have an emotional argument Ohh I know let’s cut right to ‘funny’ earth characters. Then there’s the whole universe about to be turned to **** ohhhh lets catch a train, slide down the window making funny faces with the villain, and add more earth comic relief characters saying their ‘funny’ lines as your hammer tries to reach you etc.

This brings me to my biggest problem in the movie. There was a severe lack of emotional impact.
Frigga had a beautiful funeral. Sad music. Gorgeous visually.Yet I didn’t care. Couldn’t care. Neither did the main characters it seems. I thought Sif, and the background characters, at the funeral showed more emotion then frigga’s freaking son and husband.

I also felt nothing at Loki’s death. I adore him and yet I didn’t care. Same with the fight on the boat.We aren’t given time to linger and soak in what just happened and the characters aren’t either. Thor loses his mother and brother in the span on a few days and he didn’t seem like he overall gave a ****, and don’t get me started on Jane’s complete lack of giving a damn.

A bit character like Coulson had several emotional soak in scenes right after his death, but a main character like Thor doesn’t get the same luxury for his mother and brother?! Insanity.

The emotional scenes just flew past while the earth and funny got to keep on strutting. Transitions from emotional to earth/funny were off big time. More time should have been done on the emotional scenes and less on the latter.

Which brings me to…

Earth- more tolerable then the first one, but overall still the most boring part of the thor movies. If they can’t (or won’t) get rid of earth, at least in his movies, then please tone it down. Just like the first film the most exciting and character driven scenes happened on asgard and the other worlds. Not ours. Leave earth for the avenger team-ups.

Also special mention to Ian he didn’t bother me per se It’s just I kept having a big question mark over my head every time he was on screen.

Thor/Jane- I just can’t with these two. God help me but their ‘romance’ was more believable (I’m stretching as far as I can go) in the first one.

Thor/Loki- the bread and butter is obviously these two sharing screen-time. Film lit up when it finally happened, and yet it was all so very, very brief. Boat scene especially should have been way longer and more emotional.

The overall dialogue was off for me. It was clunky in parts and cheesy. I definitely preferred the first movie.

Mid-credit scene- that was an atrocious looking scene. It looked like it came from the worst of the scifi channel.
If this is a hint to what guardians will look and play like then I sense marvels first bomb.

End credit was meh to.

Overall this movie did the visuals and action better than the first, but it missed the boat on the most important thing to me. A soul.

Last edited:
Thats the problem... Marvel literally have the perfect person playing this character, but they literally don't know what to do with her. She is underused.

That is a personal preference though. I don't think she's perfect for the part by any means.

I think sometimes you guys want too much all from one film. This movie SHOULD be about Thor getting back to his woman on Midgard, but having to deal with the realities of disobeying his own father, not protecting Asgard, and even potentially committing treason. It just so happens to be that those realities get tied up in an event known as the Convergence which is about to take down the entire Nine Realms.

A three-way love triangle is simply gratuitous at this point and does nothing to serve the story. Sif clearly has feelings for him, but those feelings are not reciprocated - hence no triangle. That would be forcing a non-issue and personally I don't want to see Sif brooding the whole damn film.

Last edited:
I disagree with a lot of the things said here, oddly enough. What I didn't like.

- Hogun being sidelined. That made no sense to me. It didn't build his character at all, it just... made him a non factor. So random.
- The under use of AAA as Kurse. He was, largely a non issue, and after he powered up, he was an even more slight issue. The actor is bigger than that kind of bit part.
- The simplicity of acquiring the Aether, and what happened to it after by the way? I mean... it was kind of an easy fix.
- Total removal of the ambiguity of their divinity. At only 5K years as a lifespan, that's relatively short for something considered to be "gods" so to speak. I liked them better when it was like they are magic AND science.
- I'd like to see to have seen Malekeith be a bit more personal with Thor.
- The ending, I both liked it and disliked it.

Okay I am game
- waaaaayy to much comedy! What is this "show time at Asgard!" erick selvigrunning around with no clothes, Thor on metro, Thor trying to fly the ship( reminded me of will smith, Jeff goldblum in "independence day")
- Darcy's intern most has alway been said
- fandral being recasted I don't know but this new dude have the 1st ones swagger
- Odin totally doing a 360 and wanting to go wolverine and willing to risk all the
Asgardians lives for battle after telling Thor that's not what a good kin does

- the profound waste of Sif and the warriors 3 for jane's date and Darcy s intern

Not 360. It's actually 180, haha

- Uneven digital cinematography

- The constant teasing of Sif's love for Thor.

-Hogun just being in it as a cameo. Poor dude.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"