What do you think of the Green Goblin II costume?

Well I'm gutted. I'm actually annoyed that I could find something really wrong with the movie prior to its release. He does look like he just threw some old clothes on. He could have at least had a hoodie.

I actually think the Glider is alright. I still prefer SM1's Gobling Glider though. It just seemed a bit more imaginative than this one. Still, not bad and the best thing about GG2.

My only hope is that he improves his look throughout the film. I mean he's ambushed Peter in his civies, it could be that he's rushed all this in need of revenge.

Still, this won't stop me from enjoying the movie. It's just one thing.

the original was far from perfect.... as a matter of fact the alternate designs they didn't use were better fitted than the one they used in the film.

you can see them and see how they screwed up royally by passing on much better goblin outfits on the SM DVD.

The first one wasn't "prefect." Not even close.

But who's to say he's even calling himself "The Green Goblin" at this point in the film? Could easily be Harry simply using his father's technology without the full-on insanity....yet. I'd be okay with that.

It's awful and there's no excuse with the money and creativity Raimi and his team have. It better be a prototype because this might be one of the worst renditions of a comic book costume to the movie screen. Awful.

maybe he's just playing around and it gets stolen by a badguy

Scandalous said:

But who's to say he's even calling himself "The Green Goblin" at this point in the film? Could easily be Harry simply using his father's technology without the full-on insanity....yet. I'd be okay with that.
Then Raimi bastardized the character.

Equint77 said:
the original was far from perfect.... as a matter of fact the alternate designs they didn't use were better fitted than the one they used in the film.

you can see them and see how they screwed up royally by passing on much better goblin outfits on the SM DVD.

True, but then it's also a matter of personal taste and what will work with regards to the rest of the film's look and the budget. Plus there are tons of fans all with their own ideas that you'll always find a large number complaining no matter what design is picked.

....They were right.......all this time, the people who said Harry's costume would just be a mask and gloves and snowboard......good grief this is lame....James Franco, I'm embarassed for you. The only downside to an incredible teaser.

The Infernal said:
True, but then it's also a matter of personal taste and what will work with regards to the rest of the film's look and the budget. Plus there are tons of fans all with their own ideas that you'll always find a large number complaining no matter what design is picked.
But if the costume is at least somewhat decent looking most fans will come to terms with it.

This is an abomination. It doesn't resemble any incarnation of the Green Goblin EVER. It doesn't resemble a goblin PERIOD. If Harry's not going to carry on Norman's legacy, then don't bother putting him in costume. I'd prefer that over this ****.

Scandalous said:

YES IT WAS!!!!.....

The Infernal said:

well you're right, it is a matter of personal taste but at the same time.... had the mask been a bit more faithful to the comic... there'd be less complaints and less comparisons to the Power Rangers.

One of the sketches for the alternate masks really looked like a goblin and I dont' know why it was passed up.... I doubt it would have been more expensive than the one they used in the film. :confused:

Boom said:
But if the costume is at least somewhat decent looking most fans will come to terms with it.

This is an abomination. It doesn't resemble any incarnation of the Green Goblin EVER. It doesn't resemble a goblin PERIOD. If Harry's not going to carry on Norman's legacy, then don't bother putting him in costume. I'd prefer that over this ****.

It looks like Harry is a professional ski-boarder.

To me, the costume is okay, but they need to work on it more.

Boom said:

True, here there is no excuse. I was talking in regards to SM1's GG. Here, even if it is his early/prototype suit, then they could have come up with something a little more spectacular.

Boom said:

To me it's just plain lazy. They had the money, talent, and time to create something better than what we got. It's a terrible rendition if in fact this is the final costume for GG2. Might as well call him Freaky Snowboarder or something else because it's clearly not the Goblin.............

CrypticOne said:
It looks like Harry is a professional ski-boarder.

To me, the costume is okay, but they need to work on it more.
It's not going to change. The Q&A never made any mention of Harry modifying the suit as the movie progresses. They've already spent money on designing and making the suit, and they're already months into filming.

It's not changing.

Maybe the suit Harry is wearing is not the new GG costume? What is its like his training suit. He's in the Danger Room testing his new board.

And people got angry when they saw the Superman suit for Superman Returns....

this is a true crime against God!
;)

Equint77 said:
well you're right, it is a matter of personal taste but at the same time.... had the mask been a bit more faithful to the comic... there'd be less complaints and less comparisons to the Power Rangers.

Ah, now I'm one of the people who think that the comic's original Goblin costume was silly. I mean it's a good concept in general but he does tend to look like one of Santa's Elves with the Hulk treatment.

The rubber Goblin mask I think would have looked terrible. On the other hand I've seen the concept to which I think you are referring and it does look more spectacular than what we had but not too rubber masked.

CrypticOne said:
Maybe the suit Harry is wearing is not the new GG costume? What is its like his training suit. He's in the Danger Room testing his new board.
*SLAP!*

boywonder13 said:
And people got angry when they saw the Superman suit for Superman Returns....

this is a true crime against God!
;)
This is far worse. The Superman suit was at least recognizable as Superman. If I had absolutely no knowledge of this movie prior to the trailer, I'd think Spider-Man was fighting an Extreme Paintballing Snowboarder.

Glider=cool
Costume=crap

It doesn't even remotely resemble the comic book costume. At least the costume from Spider-Man two got the basics right (green and goblinish). They should've just used this costume.

greengoblin.jpg

With this color scheme.

285px-Greengoblindodson.png

I for one am just stoked that there's finally a movie Goblin wearing PURPLE.

Amazing , how could Raimi screw up the Green Goblin two times in a row , like someone said before , I hope it's just a prototype like Peter's wrestling costume in the first movie , but probably not , beacuse that is in no way the Green Goblin

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"